Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choclito,

Of course its not normal.
Nothing that's been happening with DOL is normal.

Of course one could always "normal by who's standards".... :rolleyes:
but if you ask anyone on this forum, its not normal. :mad:
I can so relate with Pineapple and have been thro what he/she is going thro right now... I would much rather be swinging thro the skyscrappers of Bombay than wait any longer for this crap to make its way thro DOL's ass. :eek:

In the meantime of course nothing will happen until something happens which I suspect is at least 2 months off given the timetable of Backlog reduction centers... then we'll start seeing some progress...
We may then have some common grounds on redefining "normal" ;)

spidey-

on my case DOL requested for 1 additional day of ad in early dec 2003, response was sent to DOL on Jan/08/2004 no other feedback as of date..we still maintain our priority date and hopefully would not be in the bottem of the pile...

Choclito said:
On agust 2003 my lawyer received a letter fron DOL because they need to change the wage, so they can give us the instrucctions for the advs. It has been 11 month fron the day we answer and we have not here from them.
Does any one know if this is normal.
Please I need someone to tell me something :(

Talk to your attorney and file an appeal against denial. Appeal should be filed within 30 days of denial to BALCA.

Try to get a good attorney ...

gc_aspirant2003 said:
Hi All

I've been a silent observer of this forum since I applied my Labor. My company is Head Quartered in NJ and has applied for my labor from Phily. I got an NOF on my application. After that my company has set up a full fledged office in Phily. They also started processing my payroll from Phily office. Then they responded to the NOF. I just learnt from the AVM that my labor has been denied.

Now I don't know what to do. I'm already in my fifth year and my time is running out.

I'd appreciate if anyone advise me what to do next.

pinkubenu,

Did you hear anything back from DOL pertaining to your LC? As far as I know you hold the seniority among all of us. Keep us all posted.

Best Regards,

AwardMyGC

pinkubenu said:
Talk to your attorney and file an appeal against denial. Appeal should be filed within 30 days of denial to BALCA.

Try to get a good attorney ...

Thank you pinkubenu for your advise.

Now that we have a full fledge office in Phily, what are the chances of getting approved if we appeal to BALCA.

Also, what is PERM? Do we need to do recruiting before applying for PERM? Apart from Regular and RIR, is PERM a third category for applying LC's?

I almost wish I was illegal

Have been here 8 years and have been paying tax and social security for 5. I see all these 245(i) people jamming up the line and heard all these cries for the legalized stay for those illegal immigrant. Playing by the rule is almost not worth it.

styrum said:
I guess they are "working really hard" (ha-ha) to organize that backlog reduction center (see http://www.murthy.com/news/n_ombrev.html).

Seriously though, it just another proof of the rule: when there are no mechanisms of public control or the public lacks interest to the beuracratic machine it gets out of hand and does whatever it wants.
I am from Russia and observed the beuracracy's inefficiency up close over there for many years.
Human nature is the same anywhere in the world: if you can get away with not doing your job and still get paid you probably will not do your job. So they do and always will, until there is some stimulus, either positive (rewards for more applications processed), or negative (punishments for not meeting deadlines or performance tolerances), or both.

Plus, in general it's very covenient for this country to have such workers bound to their employers like slaves or serfs who pay taxes and social security but don't have rights for any benefits, whose wives are not allowed to work for all these years or even get a driver's license, who can be kicked out any moment if they get laid off and so on.

They'd rather give green cards to illegal Mexicans than to us! See Kerry's last speeches and democrat's "comprehensive immigration reform" SOLVE act. It suggests to give a gc to any ILLEGAL who has been here for more than 5 years and paid taxes for more than 2 years, but it doesn't even mention LEGALS, us, stuck in the DOL/USCIS process, legally working here sometimes much longer than that and who has paid much more in taxes than those poor illegal wetbacks!

time to get the case number after filing LC

Hi everybody,
My company filed for LC in May,2004.
Can somebody please let me know how long it takes to get the Priority date notice from the service center.
Also, will the notice go to lawyer, or to the employer.
Thanks in advance.

I'm kind of positive that a good attorney can get your case approved from BALCA. Please talk to a good attorney he can give you a better advice. My attorney has also replied to NOF like yours but we do not have a decision yet.
But my attorney is all set to file an appeal if LC is rejected.

For PERM try to search other forums please.

Thanks and good luck to you !!

gc_aspirant2003 said:

Now that we have a full fledge office in Phily, what are the chances of getting approved if we appeal to BALCA.

Also, what is PERM? Do we need to do recruiting before applying for PERM? Apart from Regular and RIR, is PERM a third category for applying LC's?

Hi AwardMyGC :

No update from DOL yet .. I will keep this forum posted as soon as I have something to share.

Cheers and Good luck to all !!

AwardMyGC said:
pinkubenu,

Did you hear anything back from DOL pertaining to your LC? As far as I know you hold the seniority among all of us. Keep us all posted.

Best Regards,

AwardMyGC

PERM is a new rule/process that is yet to become law. This is supposed to help speed up the LC process...both RIR/NON-RIR cases are eligeble for PERM..

gc_aspirant2003 said:

Hi,

My labor application reached Philly DOL on July 16th 2003, and I was recently informed by my lawyer that according to some officer(?), it will take at least another 3-6 months to clear. I am in the RIR category, EB3. Anyone having a similar experience?

Also, could someone point me to the updated DOL tracker?

Thanks a lot,

Rania

Hi Rania,

My labor application reached Philly DOL on July 2003, and I was recently informed by my lawyer that DOL people told him to advertise for one more month in june 2004. I am also in the RIR category, EB3.
Also, could you please email me srikanth.kolli@mailcity.com so that we can share our labour problems.

Thanks a lot

Srikanth

Hi

Hi, Anybody can give me some information about my question?

bengao said:
Hello,
Does anyone know whether there is receipt from the regional level for the labor certification? My labor was passed from local (VA) to the reginal (Phily) in the Apr, but haven't gotten any feedback yet, Is that normal? How can I check my status and whether they received it? Thanks.

Your attorney/company will receive a tracking number which is what is used. Many attorney's/company HR don't like to share this so you have to do some detective work to find it. there is an automated voice machine system at Philly DOL through which you can search by DOL tracking/case number or by company phone number.

Using the comapny phone number if you know which one they will have used you can then find all cases for your company. These are listed including the date transferred to DOL and the DOT job code. If you know the approximate date and DOT code you then can identify which one is you and record that tracking number. Then you can suffer the endless frustration of calling the AVM and putting in the case number to search. The quick way is get your attorney or company HR to give you the info and miss out the detective work but it is possible to at least find with a little work.

Hope this helps

.......the Phill AVM number is 215 861 5286. It gets swamped through the day so I most often I check after 10pm at night or before 6am.

Hi Folks,

My Labor Cert was filed from Pittsburgh and has been sitting in Philly DOL since Aug 2003. It is EB3 Non RIR.

Anybody know , if the backlog reduction centers , whenever they start working, will cater to Non RIR as well as RIR , or are they just for RIR?

Thanks

Hi gc_aspirant2003

I'm sorry to hear about your labor deniel. I'm in a similar situation although the circumstances surrounding mine are a bit different. A NOF was issues on my labor application by the Philly DOL on or about April 10, 2004. My lawyers responded to the NOF on May 12, 2004. I have not received any updates on the case since then. Could you please share with me your dates of NOF, when it was responded to and how soon after the response was your labor denied. I'd appreciate your help on this.

I think in your case, you'd want to file for a new LC atleast a year before your H1-B expires. I believe if you do that you can file for H1-B extension despite the expiration of 6 yrs limit on H1-B extension. But, you might want to confirm this with your lawyer.

Good luck.

gc_aspirant2003 said:
Hi All

I've been a silent observer of this forum since I applied my Labor. My company is Head Quartered in NJ and has applied for my labor from Phily. I got an NOF on my application. After that my company has set up a full fledged office in Phily. They also started processing my payroll from Phily office. Then they responded to the NOF. I just learnt from the AVM that my labor has been denied.

Now I don't know what to do. I'm already in my fifth year and my time is running out.

I'd appreciate if anyone advise me what to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.