Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q for Pemple

Hi Pemple,
I read the article on murthy.com about AOS vs CP. But, could you guys explain in plain english, what's the difference.

Thanx in advance.
Jay.

Jay_gm,
I know this question was not meant for me. Hope you don't mind me answering it.

AOS(adjustment of status) is what you file while being in the US. Filing of 485 helps you getting an EAD(Employment Authorization Document). If you get laid off/loos your job for some reason while your I-485 is pending, EAD will help you find a job without having to go thru the pain of finding an employer who is willing to sponsor your H1. This is the only advantage. As far as processing times go, if you file your I-485 in June 2003(assumption) it will take you atleast 2 years to hear a decision on your case.

CP(Consular Processing)
You file I-824 in this case and mark your I-140 application saying you want to go for CP. After you I-140 approval the INS will make a Packet3 ready in your name and send it to NVC(National Visa Center) from where it will be sent to the consulate in your home country. If you're from India then Consulate is zonal based. Your interview will be scheduled and you will be notified to appear in person along with secondary /derivative applicants. They will go thru your file and stamp your passport after approving your case. In the case they deny then you're in problems. Also if you are not working for the employer who is supporting your 485 , then also you're in problem. AC21 laws don't work for CP processing. This is the biggest disadvantage. So one should opt for CP only if they think that they are going to be in the same job till they are called for CP interview whereas I-485 gives you an option to get approval by taking the support of AC21 law in the event you have changed jobs during the process.

Hope I was helpful in making the difference clear. Let me know if you have any other question.

just checked the automated message at philly dol...finally got my labor certified...thanks for the all the help and info..
RIR receipt at philly dol on 1/13/03 and certified on 5/20/03..my best wishes for all u guys..

Certified!!!

I just got the message that my case is certified on may 20th.

I wish everybody gets their case approved soon.
Good Luck! see you all in the next thread...

To: Sp007

Congrats!

Mine was filed on 06/18/01 Philly SESA. And my employer/lawyer said there is no update/progress on mine. Do you know any other June LC that got approved? I am not able to check on the status....What can I do? Please share any insight? Thanks!

Updated Excel sheet

062001PHI,
You can check the AVM message using your employer phone #, if message says it has received any case from 1st week of April then ask your lawyer or your company about those cases. There is definite possiblity that your case would have reached DOL at this period..

New to Phly DOL

I am new to this forum, my case moved to Phly DOL 05/05/2003.Are we maintaining any list here.
thanks-

ASG2002,

There is excel attachment in this forum, check this page or previous one and add your information to it.

PS - Check past 4-5 pages for how to add to this excel sheet.

Good luck.

My case has been moved to DOL.

My case has been moved to DOL.
Filed in Philly SESA sometime Late December 2001.
This is Personnel Recruiter. The salary base in my case is 45,000 Anually.
Does anyone know if this will suffice or what should be the salary in my case.
Is there a big chance that this case will be made Non-RIR.

Updated xls is attached.

Need some info

Hello,

Does anyone know if DOT code 030.162-010 means EB2 -RIR or is this employment specific.

Also has anybody found out the latest processing dates ????

Thanks

To SP007

Thank you for your advice. When you say my employer's phone number, do you mean the number of our HR office or the general number..... Also, do you have the number to the automated phone system? Is it the same one that has been circulating around the forum? Thanks in advance!

va_lc_laborious

Your case must be approved by now, others who had 04/07/2003 rec.date got approved. Did you check AVM lately.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.