Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
never got a NOF....
it was remanded to employer originally on march 3rd 2003
but something screwed up in the mail and it was returned to sender...
they called my employer and resent it end of march....all they wanted was additional advertising info

employer told the lady what she had to send back and was informed it was more than enough! they advertise locally, through recruiting firms, national magazines and papers etc

jonboutilier -- Adv. details.

Hi jonboutilier,

First, congratulations and good luck in next phases...

Did they ask for a clarification on your adv. or asked for retesting, through more adv? Also, can you please give details of your initial adv. How long and how frequent etc.

Thanks in advance for sharing this info,

Last edited by a moderator:
The Certifying Officer told my employer that they are going trough changes....that it has taken longer to get certifications because of new guidelines etc. They are also remanding and sending NOF more frequently. But that this is part of the new normal process and to not worry about it....(she stated there have been more approvals since this has went into effect than in the past)

The CO asked my employer if I was still employeed?
Worked in the same location? Y
Same job title? Y
Has the economy effected employment in regards to layoffs in my direct office of work? Yes but not my specific position!
Do they continue to advertise locally and nationally? Y

I work in Telecomunications, so it has been impacted dramatically the past 2½ yrs.

My company advertised through 1) thier web site 2)recruiting company (nationally) 3) National Telecom Magazines 4) local paper
They have monthly adds that run in the natioanl magazines!

I have worked for this company for 8 yrs now! (only applied for GC in June 2001). So I have a lot of direct experience and have built up fundamentals that pertain to my job that would make it difficult for anyone else to have a better qualification. For the most part I have 5 yrs of client specific training and inhouse traing and certifications.

Crossing my fingers for everyone else!

I have a question for anyone out there?

my case is EB3 RIR - Virginia - Philly DOL approved 4/4/2003

What is the quickest way to file from here? (in regards to consular processing? or congruent processing?

What I am looking for is what will allow me to get my EAD asap.
My wife passed away (canadian) in 2000. I have a 3½ yr old daughter. My concern is to get stability as fast as I can!

Thanks all!

J

No Receipt in DOL

Hi Guys,

My lawyer mentioned that my LC was sent from Phily SESA to DOL on Feb24th. To my surprise, it is still not entered in DOL automated system. My lawyer mentioned that it is possible for a case to be NOT entered in Automated system, but be approved as appropriate receipt date is reached in DOL. Is it true? I suspect the case might have got lost.

Do you guys know of any case where the case is not in automated system but is approved on time??

Any help is appreciated.

Certified

Just got the word that my case has been CERTIFIED!

EB2 RIR Virginia
VA SESA Nov 7, 2001
sent to Philly DOL Feb 6, 2003
certified on 3/30/2003

I don't know if i got lucky or they are processing faster...

All the best for those waiting...
See you guys in I-140 and I-485 forum.
Cheers
Sjd

jonboutilier

Concurrent 140/485 will also allow you to file EAD. It is the quickest way to get EAD.

Re: Certified

Originally posted by sjd
Just got the word that my case has been CERTIFIED!

EB2 RIR Virginia
VA SESA Nov 7, 2001
sent to Philly DOL Feb 6, 2003
certified on 3/30/2003

I don't know if i got lucky or they are processing faster...

All the best for those waiting...
See you guys in I-140 and I-485 forum.
Cheers
Sjd

WOW, amazing, congratulations! Did you check LCSTATUS03@doleta.gov lately - does it already have information about the approval? What it says about when your case was received by Philly DOL?

Two EB2 RIR cases (Software Engineer positions) from our company were approved yesterday.

VA SESA: received 11/7/01, approved 2/6/03
Philly DOL: received 2/10/03, approved 4/15/03.

So they definetely doing good now - just a little more than 2 months.

Got the info through the phone answering system. Their e-mail answering system seems dead from last week.

Good luck to you all guys.

kewl...
my case was recieved on 1/13/2003...but no reply till now,the phone message says that the case was recieved on 1/13/03 but no further details....
i am not sure that this is good...after a long wait if they reject..man that would suck big time...
i think we have to sue them for creating so much anxiety b'cos its difficult to plan our lives when we depend on dol and ins...

Originally posted by bharadwaz
kewl...
my case was recieved on 1/13/2003...but no reply till now,the phone message says that the case was recieved on 1/13/03 but no further details....
i am not sure that this is good...after a long wait if they reject..man that would suck big time...
i think we have to sue them for creating so much anxiety b'cos its difficult to plan our lives when we depend on dol and ins...

Yours could be EB3, it is normal then.

Does somebody jnow how long it takes for a lawer to get the documents from the DOL after approval?

Can I get the phone # for Philly DOL

Hi,
I want to know the status of my application.
can i get the Philly DOL ph no# ??

to haranadh---the phone number is 215-861-5286
to dolsucks---yes, mine is eb3 but how long would it take?!!!!

approved

Finally I got the good news that my case got approved by DOL.

My Lawyer told me that he got the approval from DOL on 04/10/03.

My case is in EB2 category.
Recieved by DOL - 02/03/03

See you guys on 140 & 485 forum and good luck to everyone waiting for approval.:)

As far as I know, I do not think EB2 or EB3 makes any difference in processing at DOL. RIR and Non-RIR sure does.

Bhardwaz, I think you should follow up with your lawyer to make sure.

RFE Question - Urgent

Hi,

I applied my VA State labor in 10/2001 (EB3). Sent to Phily DOL on 1/2003. Phily sent back to SESA regarding the Requirement of new advertising for the job in 3/2003.

Now VA Sesa says they notified my laywer for the new job advertisement clipping.

My Quesion:

1. Once they receive the new advertisement response from my lawyer, what is the usual process take place?

2. In this scenario, do I have to start the process from the beginning or they SESA will verify the lawyer's response and forward it to PHILY DOL?

3. Once Phily DOL Receive the response, how do they process? Do I have to wait again in the queue or they will give some preference?

I am desperatly looking for answer for my above queries. Thanks in advance for you guys taking some time to respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Did you have any recent layoff's?

How many ads did they run before applying for RIR and how many months did they take to run ads.

10M Rs

Yes... But we had it in the consulting division. I am in the Product Development.

I am not sure how many ads they did before filing RIR.

In this scenario, do they have to advertise once again. If they do so, how many days we have to wait before forwarding the clippings to the DOL?

Thanks,

Certified

Pittsburgh SESA filed date : April 26, 2002
Philly DOL Transfer Date : July 24th, 2002

Certified Date : April 9, 2003

Category : EB3 NON RIR
Job Type : Programmer Analyst
Job Code : 032-162-014

Krishna_1,

I got the same querry regarding re advertisement but I dont know what it mean.My lawyer she is going to send the docs again.
Is any one got same type of Querry and they got approved.
Please let me know ASAP.

mrp2612

congrats mrp.

i'm confused here. yours is same DOT code as mine. yours is Non-RIR and mine is Non-RIR too. My case was transfered to dol on 6/21/2002 and yours is 7/24/2002 and yet yours got certified first.

I"m trying to understand how philly dol is processing cases! anybody wants to shed some light on this!?

Does DOL process ALL cases under company "A" if they had opened the first case of company "A"? how does it work????

Status
Not open for further replies.