Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved

Folks,

My LC got approved... just found out!!

The spread sheet has been updated!!

Thanks to all of you.... itz been a long 18 months... :)

Best of luck to the rest and Happy New Year!

hmmmenf!!

Case Approved

Hi Friends ,

My case is approved on Dec-20 , Thanks for all the information you give on this thread it really helps us a lot.
Updated the xls.

Labor Approved

Guys,
Just wanted to update the thread about my labor approval just recieved from my lawyers.

Phili DOL Recieved date 09/10/2002
RIR Labor Approved date 01/02/2003

Good Luck to everyone else in the queue.
See ya in the I 140/485 thread.

-NY72

Finally It got approved.

Hello Friends,

My Labor Got Approved.

Phili DOL Recieved date 09/16/2002
RIR Labor Approved date 12/27/2002

Good luck to everyone else.

-LCSucks. :)

still waiting on my approval. Philly DOL recieve date is 9/19/02.
Hopefully soon!
Could someone tell me a name of the title thread to use to follow the next stage after DOL approval. ( ie.. for this stage I have just followed this PHilly DOL heading!)

It would be greatly appreciated.
good luck to all! I will post the results of my application to Philly DOL to the spreadsheet when I recieve it!

Approved

Hi Guys,

I just got called to my lawyer Office and he got my LC hard copy form Phil yesterday.

Finally It got approved.
Phili DOL Recieved date 09/13/2002
RIR Labor Approved date 12/24/2002

Good luck to rest of you all

Congratulations NY72, LCSucks, kalse_2000

Congratulations NY72, LCSucks, kalse_2000!!

we are indeed very happy for you.....thats great news....pray that we clear our labor soon too......
good luck in your 140/485
zipzapzoom

Congratulations & good luck for 140/485 to all the members who recently got their LC approved from Philly DOL.

Need Favor

Hi Guys,
I got approved my LC last week after 19 months and I'm about to apply for I-40 and I 485. But another bad news was there yesterday. My company decided to close their Business this month and it might go for 2-3 weeks next month which is Feb, 2003. My questions are:

1. Can I apply I-40/485 with Parent Company (As My company is subsidery of anaother Big company) by using this LC ( If some how Parent comapny let me take their Payroll?
2. Do I need to Transfer gain my H1?
3. What will happen, if I apply I40/485 with same Company ...as I know I have only 2 months?

I'd really appriciate it, If some one comment on it.

Regrads

Re: Need Favor

This really sucks.. After all the long wait more complexity arrives. Sorry to hear that..But best of luck. What I think is it all depends on what Name they have written on your forms. Whether they used the name of parent company or the subsidary. If they have written parents company name then you are safe otherwise you will have to consult with your lawyer. I work for a subsidary of a big company but all the immigration matters are taken care of by the parent company and hence will not have problem unless I get laid off or the parent company closes...
Hope this help...
Best of luck

Originally posted by kalse_2000
Hi Guys,
I got approved my LC last week after 19 months and I'm about to apply for I-40 and I 485. But another bad news was there yesterday. My company decided to close their Business this month and it might go for 2-3 weeks next month which is Feb, 2003. My questions are:

1. Can I apply I-40/485 with Parent Company (As My company is subsidery of anaother Big company) by using this LC ( If some how Parent comapny let me take their Payroll?
3. What will happen, if I apply I40/485 with same Company ...as I know I have only 2 months?

Regrads

Re: Need Favor

hi,
its indeed unfortunate for this to happen.....but don't give up....i would suggest talk to your attorney - and i would even recommend speaking to another attorney for a second opinion - pls. make sure that the second attorney is not affiliated to your company.
my knowledge is very limited but i believe that I140 is related to your company and their information. so if you could file your 140 and 485 immediately, you could probably get your 140 cleared in 2 months (ins - vermont) approx. and then 485 is only employee personal related details. once 140 is cleared (and 485 filed) you are almost a free bird. make sure that you apply for your ead as well.
i know for sure that once 180 days elapse after your 485 is filed, and if your company closes or if you are layed off, you could still join another company in a similar capacity as that mentioned in your LC/140.

i would recommend that you start with your 140/485 immediatelyl and request your company to keep their offices technically functionning - plus you anyway have 2 months or so. further, my friend, you never know what happens - your company may extend its closing down by 6 months so it might work in your favor......secondly, i believe that you cannot transfer your LC to another company - it is specific for a company for a position. so anyways, its worth the try.

but i would again strongly recommend speaking to an attorney -
and getting a second opinion. i have tried to share my knowledge but i wish to caution you that i might not be 100% right in my opinion.

i would also recommend that as a backup you could try identifying another company who could transfer your h1 and sponser you a new gc - from scratch. if you have a client and a project in hand, you will get many companies to sponsor you.

good luck my friend, god help you

zipzapzoom
Originally posted by kalse_2000
Hi Guys,

Regrads

philly dol is processing 9/16/02

sharmin,
from one of the earlier posts in this forum, i guess that dol has certificed a case on 9/16/02.

others, pls. keep posting your dates and help all.

keep this forum alive, helps a lot.

zipzapzoom

Originally posted by sharmin
Can someone please tell me what date the Philly DOL is processing now?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a question and need your guidance. I had my annual performance review last week and found out that I am being promoted. Currently, my title is "Software Engineer" and the new title would be "Software Engineering Manager". Would this cause a problem as far as my I-140 and 484 are concerned? I believe that the Labor Certification application (currently at Philly DOL) stated my title as "Software Engineer". Most of the requirements/duties for the new position are the same as the ones for the old position. I read somewhere that this could make the LC invalid. Please advise......

Also, how would INS know about this change? I am hoping to ask my HR to use my current title in any correspondence with INS.

Thanks in Advance...
***Va_June_2001***

Last edited by a moderator:
latest update on the date DOL is processing

Dear All:
Can some one help me find out the dates phil DOL is processing Last.

Status
Not open for further replies.