Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

sorry I mistakenly typed the file name, it is exactly the same file as before and I just added my info into it. please update it and name it back to "philly_dol_tracker.xls" or whatever it was named before.

New processing times

I dont' know why this website has not updated processing times. But Labor dept., has posted updated processing times, especially of interest for us is Philly.

There is no change is RIR, however Non-RIR has been changed from April to MAY, which is a goodnews for Non-RIR candidates. Hope Non-RIR moves little faster.

Some Nov was certified

check case number 03382900 or about that. It was certified in DEC. I don't know what's the sequence they are processing

Re: Some Nov was certified

The DOT code for that case is 840381010.. I looked in the database and the occupation is painter... May be some special case and hence got certified..

Originally posted by charleydol
check case number 03382900 or about that. It was certified in DEC. I don't know what's the sequence they are processing

Re: Re: Some Nov was certified

Dear All:
Can someone update me with the latest date Phil is processing

A Suggestion :)

You guys are right!. Some Nov or even Dec cases might have been approved !!. Its been the case always. Nevertheless, they are not IT related.

When you check the cases randomly, please understand that not all DOT codes are processed at the same time. Any one who has been observant, while checking cases, might have also noticed that the case numbers are not in the order of RD for different groups of DOTs. (even though some times they are in order)

All IT related DOTs are processed in the order they are RD'd, more or less. Again, there might be some non-RIR cases in beween.

My suggestion is when you check cases in random, only post IT related DOT cases on this forum, so that you will have an idea on what is going on at DOL. We did this before and beleive me it works !!.

Good Luck.
Sanga - A former active contributor to this forum.

Does INS reorg going to affect processing?...

Hi All,

Does the INS/Immigration agency reorganization or is it a split into two seperate organizations?....which is proposed or it it decided?...going to affect the speed of processing. I have heard rumors that INS is currently not moving ahead in processing or has slowed down to an almost crawl situation...in centers...Friends from 485 stage are especially saying so....

has anyone heard any further news in this matter??...if it is true then I may as well forget that my GC is ever going to get done...what with me at the Philly labor stage currently!.....

Anyways, do not mean to put a damper on our enthusiasm. Just checking if anyone has heard anything. Also, thanks to all who have and keep contributing to this forum. Good job guys.

Regards,
EtchoneB

Guys,

My LCA was approved on Dec 19. My application was received by the DOL on Sep 4 !!! Am attaching the updated spreadsheet.

I am going to be filing for the I-140 and 485 as soon as possible. Does anyone here have any thoughts on doing Consular processing as opposed to 485 ? What will be faster given the current processing times ?

Thanks and all the best to all of you :)

Mman1234

Sorry , I used the wrong name for the file. Here is the file again this time correctly named --- philly_dol_tracker.xls --

Thx
Mman1234

so does this mean Philly DOl is at 09/04 now...?

Mman1234,

Thanks for the update. Good luck on your next step(s). Folks, does this mean that Philly DOL has moved up to 09/04 now?...from the list there are some folks between the last date (in august) to Mman1234 which is 09/04...for those with dates in between...any updates there ?... Please let all know.

Thanks Mman1234 and for all who keep contributing. Great Job guys, the spreadsheet looks very detailed & useful!.

Regards,
EtchoneB

Originally posted by mman1234
Guys,

My LCA was approved on Dec 19. My application was received by the DOL on Sep 4 !!! Am attaching the updated spreadsheet.

I am going to be filing for the I-140 and 485 as soon as possible. Does anyone here have any thoughts on doing Consular processing as opposed to 485 ? What will be faster given the current processing times ?

Thanks and all the best to all of you :)

Mman1234

H1B extension...

Hi All,

I am considering extension of my H1B using the eligibility to do so via the "365 days past labor applied rule". It is a little early, I do have time left, however I do not want to do so at the last moment.

I needed to know if anyone on the forum has undertaken such a step...

Also,
1. How long does this process take from application to actual extension?
2. How much does this process cost(approx)?
3. MOST IMPORTANT: Can I switch jobs while on this extension?...meaning, if my sponsoring company a) lays me off or b) closes down c) something else...Can I use my extended H1 to go to another company?(i.e ...if I have not reached AOS stage by then possibly using concurrent filing)
4. In fact point(3) bothers me more, coz, what happens if one is on the extension and one gets out of a job(what with this economy!)

I need to know all possible facts/risks upfront, before I talk to my company's legal department. Any help, links, reference material would be more than helpful.

Thanks.
EtchoneB

My Labour got approved from Virginia State Labour Department on August 4th 2002 and then transferred Philadelphia DOL on August 12th 2002. Finally after 3 months on November 23rd 2002 my Labour got approved. I filed my I-140/485/EAD/AP on December 4th 2002. Waiting for the receipt.

Guys any know maryland state processsing??? They are not moving a single day from last 3-4 months time. Do any have inside information regarding this state processing???

Questions

Hi Everybody,

I had some questions that I wanted to ask you all:

a) Is it true that the department of labor is not approving any application with zero years of experience in the relevant field as they call it irrespective of the degree you have?

b) Does anybody know what is the wage level of a person with Master's with zero years as relevant work experience?

c) Can one use the work-experience of the company you are working in for labor purpose. Suppose a person joins at entry level and then gets promoted, can we use the entry levelwork-experience for filling for the labor.

d) Can you all suggest some immigration lawyer in the Philadelphia area and what are their charges for processing the GC?

Thanks

Re: H1B extension... (re: etchoneb)

I needed to know if anyone on the forum has undertaken such a step...
>> I have availed this option early this month.

Also,
1. How long does this process take from application to actual extension?
>>You get a receipt in about 2-3 weeks( I did last week). Rest of the process is similar to any normal H1-B application. Premium processing - 2-3 weeks, and regular about 4-5 months.

2. How much does this process cost(approx)?
>>Employee: $130, and Dependents: $140. These are the costs for filing. Attorney and other costs add up to this.

3. MOST IMPORTANT: Can I switch jobs while on this extension?...meaning, if my sponsoring company a) lays me off or b) closes down c) something else...Can I use my extended H1 to go to another company?(i.e ...if I have not reached AOS stage by then possibly using concurrent filing)
>>My understand after a lot of reading is that: The 7th year extension is specific to the current employer and will cease to exists upon termination of employment or denial of the GC process from the Immigration department at any stage.

4. In fact point(3) bothers me more, coz, what happens if one is on the extension and one gets out of a job(what with this economy!)
>>Your 7th year H1B will be revoked as of that day.

I need to know all possible facts/risks upfront, before I talk to my company's legal department. Any help, links, reference material would be more than helpful.
>>Let me know what other questions you have.

Sep 9 2001 Case approved

Hi Just by randomly checking, I found that case no 03380950
received on Sep 9 2002 was certified on Dec 16 2002. The DOT code is 030-062-010 ( Software Engineer )
Thanks

my LC is approved !

From the phone, I heard my LC is approved ! It was received in Philly on 8/27 and approved on 12/23. But they just updated the phone msg today. I will update the .xls file.

Status
Not open for further replies.