Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all out there !!

Sharmin,
Please go back couple of pages on this thread, you will find all kinds of info on "how to find case status". This thread is a treasury of info. Kudos to all contributors !!.

All,
I am still waiting on concurrent filing (just because of lawyer schedules and time-offs). Hopefully will do it by next week.

Dependent,
Congratulations on concurrent filing. Your lawyer is quick.

usnycus,
Wish you get the LC quick and join us on VSC forums.

Good Luck Everyone !!
-Sanga.

Originally posted by sharmin
What is AVM and how to check it? Also, can someone please tell me how to get automatic e-mail with the status?

Thanks

Docs for Concurrent filing.

Guys,

Kalse_2000 asked for some info on concurent filing thread of VSC. After replying him, I thought it will be good info to share with you guys, who are just about to finish your LCs. It will give you all an idea on what needs to be done in preparation for filing next stage.
I am posting the same reply form VSC forum here below:

Individual lawyers work different way. Some of them ask to fill-up drafts of all these forms. Some give a questionary and they do the rest.

1. I-140
2. I-485
3. I-765
4. I-131
5. G-325
6. I-693 (For Medical. Need original colored - Download version can NOT be used).
7. Copy of latest Visa in Passport
8. Copy of I-94 (of last travel) and/or one on I-797 (if you extend H1-B here)
9. DOB (Non-availability Cert, 2#s Affidavits OR original DOB, if you have)
10. Experience Letters (From Companies on Letter Head OR Affidavits from co-workers)
11. Photos (6 Copies - Specifically taken for Immigration)
12. I-134
13. Marriage Cert
14. Employment letter - Lawyer will take care of it from ur employer.
15. W2(last 2) and Paystubs(last 6) - Only safer of not getting NOF/RFE on ability to pay (Upto individual lawyers)

Hope this helps.
p.s: You can get the all the forms form INS web site or form local INS office.

P.S: Corrected no. of copies of Photographs req'd. I have sent 6 but am not sure howmany required. Some of folks corrected it below to be 6. Thanx - Sanga 12/06.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanga

Thanks for posting information regarding paper/form required during 140/485 stage. Member's like you made this thread one of the most usefull and informative thread on this site. When I started posting messages back in Sep. in this thread, it was just another thread at this site. Again I was going through all the messages posted in "Philly DOL" thread today and realized what a job we did. There is so much information in this thread not only for people waiting to get LC approved in Philly but for any DOL regional office.

I will suggest all the new member(s) who have pending LC in Philly DOL to go through this thread throughly even if it takes time.

I used to post messages in 140 and other threads in past and will continue to do so.

Good luck to you , dependent, needhelp1 and all others who recently got LC approved from Philly DOL. One stage (i.e. LC) is done and two more (140/485) to go.... GOOD LUCK...

EAD

Sanga,

found out that you can give more info. I have a qustion about EAD. After the completion of LC phase, if we apply for I140 and I485 and WORK AUTHORIZATION, in how many days we get the EAD . I am in Virgina. I looked in the update here for EAD they said 15 to 30 days for Philadeplhia. We should be in Vermont Service Center right?.
I am worried because my visa is getting over and wondering whether I will get my EAD . Thanks in advace for the info

Ref: EAD

Hi kapireddy,
Please post your messages in the I-140 Issues >>> Vermont Service Center I-140 >>> Only for Concurrent fillers as this thread is more for people who are waiting for their LC's.

And regarding your question, it is now probably taking three months for the approval of EAD. Again this period varies from case by case basis.

Are you completing your 6 years time frame ? If not then ask your present employer to apply for extension asap and then you don't have to worry about EAD. Since you have filled your AOS, even your H1 is expired, you are still legal and can work for the present employer.

Hope this helps.

Regarding documents required for I140 and I485, Sanga has mentioned all the details in the below posting. The only correction is that you will need 6 Photo's and you will need to make copies of all Pages of your and all your dependents passport.

Needhelp1

Is there any hope ?

I think it is totally hopeless for me in waiting for the LC. I submitted it to Virginial DOL in early June of 2001. It was transfered to Philly DOL regional office in late August of 2002 and I still haven't received it yet. It has been exactly 18 months already. I don't see any hope and any fun from this...

Re: Is there any hope ?

Hey, Hold on buddy !!!.

No point in getting frustrated at this point, when your case is about to get processed. Right now Philly DOL is processing cases beyond August 15th. By the way Virginia is SESA/SWA and Philly is DOL for your case. I haven't seen your case listed in our tracking.xls. Could you please provide the exact RD at Philly DOL for your case. In case you haven't seen tracker list yet, make sure you go back a page or two and you will find all the cases listed there (in that attached spread sheet) and approximate processing times at Philly DOL.

Thanks,
-Sanga.

Originally posted by abc12321
I think it is totally hopeless for me in waiting for the LC. I submitted it to Virginial DOL in early June of 2001. It was transfered to Philly DOL regional office in late August of 2002 and I still haven't received it yet. It has been exactly 18 months already. I don't see any hope and any fun from this...

Hi Usnycus

Do you have any good news to share ?

Just curious to know.

I have given all my paper for I140 and I485 and hopefully my lawyer should file it by the end of this week.

Needhelp1

Re:

Thanks, Sanga, I know I need to be patient, we can't do anything else. Recently I found that LC in Philly seems to have been "paused" at Aug 15 for couple of weeks. Previously it still moved but now it seems to stop there. Well, during this long holiday season, many federal employees want to use up some of their vacations before it expires. So, somebody said we can't expect any real changes until next Jan 15. Well, I will just wait and wait and wait...

Re: Its all out there !!

Originally posted by Sanga
Sharmin,
Please go back couple of pages on this thread, you will find all kinds of info on "how to find case status". This thread is a treasury of info. Kudos to all contributors !!.

All,
I am still waiting on concurrent filing (just because of lawyer schedules and time-offs). Hopefully will do it by next week.

Dependent,
Congratulations on concurrent filing. Your lawyer is quick.

usnycus,
Wish you get the LC quick and join us on VSC forums.

Good Luck Everyone !!
-Sanga.

Sanga,

How is your concurrent filing going on? Mine was sent out to VSC.Waiting for the response.I finished my medicals in the 2nd week of november and filled out all the paper work.

Chase the lawyers.Then only you will get going.

Thanks
pmreddy_2002

When did you mail it out?

pmreddy_2002,

When did you mail it out?. How long it took for your lawyer to do the paper work?. Why don't you come and join rest of us at VSC forums ?.

You are right, one has to chase the lawyers to get the work done - however good the lawyer seems to be. I am not a very good chaser myself. But am learning and trying to chase mine. Lawyer just called this morning and we are targetting for early next week, if not by the end of this week.

Thanks for inquiring !!

Re: When did you mail it out?

Originally posted by Sanga
pmreddy_2002,

When did you mail it out?. How long it took for your lawyer to do the paper work?. Why don't you come and join rest of us at VSC forums ?.

You are right, one has to chase the lawyers to get the work done - however good the lawyer seems to be. I am not a very good chaser myself. But am learning and trying to chase mine. Lawyer just called this morning and we are targetting for early next week, if not by the end of this week.

Thanks for inquiring !!

Usually it takes an hour or two to fill the paper work by lawyer.Because it is the software not the hand filling,they fill only at one place.It fills all applications(131/765/485/140/325A).

Ask them to fax it out for verification not by mail(Again this will delay).

anybody new get appr? beyong aug 15?

or is philly dol stuck at aug 15 again!.

If anyone has been approved, please update the forum with your news. Currently, we seem to have updayted at aug 15th and nothing after that!....

Thanks to all who keep contributing to this forum. Great work guys.

Regards,
EtchoneB

Phil DOL Tracking

Dear All:
I would appreciate if you could let me know, how to track the Case status number for Labor Certification.

My Employer stated that the Case had been mooved to Philadelphia for approval, I check the http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?postid=399458 for the corresponding number but was of no luck.

Is this the comprehensive list for all of Philadelphia region. I would be happy if you could help me find how to look at the status of the Labor Certification

thanks

Re: anybody new get appr? beyong aug 15?

I checked randomly from acse numbers 033 80 000 to 033 80 600
since we dont have anyone from aug15 to aug 26th in our list.
i heard couple of cases certified with receipt date of aug26th.Since we dont have a representative,we can check in this manner so that we can know what date they are processing.
Mine is Oct15 with case no 033 82 2xx.Still it has around 1500 cases before me.

Originally posted by etchoneb
or is philly dol stuck at aug 15 again!.

If anyone has been approved, please update the forum with your news. Currently, we seem to have updayted at aug 15th and nothing after that!....

Thanks to all who keep contributing to this forum. Great work guys.

Regards,
EtchoneB

Phil DOL

Dear All:
With my earlier message I had one another question and am posting the same to the forum. I would greatly appreciate members spending your premium time to answer to my questions.

What is a DOT number, I just have a Case Number for my Labor. Like I mentioned earlier my employer informed me that my Case had been moved to Philadelphia for approval. How do I make sure the my application is being processed. He also mentioned that the priority dates on my application was in July2001 and the Date when it got moved to Phil DOL is on September23 02.

I would be happy if some one could walk me though the process of finding the status of the Labor Certification.

Thank you
Good Day!
Kumar

Labor Approved

Hello All :

Thanks for everyone who contribute positively and keeping this forum great! My Receipt Date is August 22nd where Phili. Fed. Labor Dept received my approval application from VA and they have approved my case on Dec. 10th, 2002. My case is RIR and I checked the AVM yesterday and found it has been certified. I am planning to file I-140 and I-485 concurrently.

Can any one tell me how long it takes to get EAD and Advanced Parole if I apply next week. Is there any way to track the dates?

Another problem I am facing is that my company has made operating losses last year and will it be a problem in getting my I-140 cleared? Any inputs is welcome.

Thanks,
LoveIndiaLikeUS

Ref: How to find case status

Kumarr,
I recommend all the new members of this thread to go through all the pages of this thread as it has all the answers to your questions. But to make it easier, here is what you have to do.

Needhelp1

Dial (215) 861-5286
First choose option 1.
Second choose option 1 if you know your employer's tax ID or 2 then enter your employer phone number from labor application.

You will here status of all cases applied by your employer, those are preceded by DOT code. Find yours and DOT stands for Dictionary of Occupational Titles and your DOT no 030-062-010 means SOFTWARE ENGINEER.

To find the status of Individual Case Number's then we should do as stated below:

Dial (215) 861-5286.
Select option 1 and again option 1.
When system prompts you to enter case #, enter 'CaseNumber'. And then it will tell the case status.

Ref: LoveIndiaLikeUS

You should check the I140 threads and you will get answer to most of your questions.

And regarding EAD/AP, it will take more than 3 months easily as of todays trend. You should check out the Concurrent filling thread as it has all the info you want.

And don't WORRY about I140 getting rejected. All you have to do rightnow is to give all papers properly to your lawyer and make sure you give him all the Pay stubs as of LC date of filling and if you have drawn salary more than LC has mentioned then you have no problems.

Goodluck and see you in I140 thread.
Needhelp1

Status
Not open for further replies.