Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets Do This!!!

Here is the company name and website which is the contractor for the backlog reduction center. Can we directly call this company and ask if the reduction center has started running? I believe the operators in private company should be more helpful and be willing to give out info than DOL.

http://www.exceedcorporation.com/careers_positions.htm

The U.S. DOL reportedly awarded the contract to a private contractor in Lamham, Maryland, on June 30, 2004, named Exceed Corportion, to handle processing of the permanent labor certification applications at the Philadelphia and Dallas Backlog Reduction Processing Centers.

Exceed Corporation
8100 Professional Place
Suite 211
Lanham, MD 20785
Voice: (301) 731-3790
Fax: (301) 731-3793

info@exceedcorporation.com

Contracting & Teaming Opportunities

Dawne D. Woods

Vice President, Business Development

dwoods@exceedcorporation.com

Driving Directions

Exceed Corporation is conveniently located near the New Carrollton Metro Station (Orange Line) just off Routes 495 and 50. Go to www.mapquest.com for detailed driving directions.

AwardMyGC said:
Yes, we will. What is your theory behind your conclusion?
:)
i would say theres no theory, just an opinion from a fellow "waiter" and not even close to a conclusion.
awardmygc has suggested something constructive and for ppl who would like to pitch into his efforts please come forward.
for the dubious few, as much as i respect your opinion, please try to keep the negative stuff to urself as we are looking for "anything" positive.
that said, awardmygc, i will definitely have some time left to help you with your efforts (i think i can save some time by not watching the fighting irish football this season!) :)

Geaux Tigers!!!
-varsity

vikram_p said:
Guys did anyone try calling up the automated system, it lookslike it is working today...
LOL....Working is a misnomer really...yes I got through but no there has been no change of status on my case so I am not sure if that really counts as working ;-)

Stueym

The following may be out of place but it is useful for those whose labor was filed in EB3 category and waiting for approval.

At this time, the backlog reduction efforts of the USCIS are not too visible even though some local district offices reported the reduction of processing times of the family cases. However, once the backlog reduction plan is in full swing, it will have impact on the progression of the immigrant visa numbers or retrogression of visa numbers in the Visa Bullen. People are reminded the following prediction of the State Department in August 2004 Visa Bulletin: During the past several years, the Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) demand for numbers has been low. To compensate for the lack of demand from CIS, the Visa Office advanced the immigrant visa cut-off dates very rapidly to provide sufficient qualified applicants at our overseas posts and permit the maximum use of immigrant visa numbers. Such advances also meant that many thousands of additional applicants became eligible to file for adjustment of status at CIS offices. During recent months, CIS demand for numbers has increased significantly as they have begun to address their backlog situation. This increase in CIS demand for numbers is expected to continue, and immigrant visa cut-off date movement is likely to slow or stop in the Family preference categories. Depending upon the rate at which demand is received, it may become necessary to establish cut-off dates in Employment preference categories.
Obviously, certain countries will be more vulnerable than other countries when the visa number retrogresses. In the employment-based categories, India and China may be most visibly affected, particularly the EB-3 Skilled Worker Professional or Unskilled Worker classification. Maybe, this is the time for the new employment-based green card applicants to consider the EB-2 options more seriously as by the time they reach the USCIS after completing the labor certification stage, they may face a challenging visa number retrogression or chargeability table coming years ahead.

Does that mean those who filed their labor in EB3 category should start their labor process again by filing in EB2 category?

Kg_gc

kb_gc said:
The following may be out of place but it is useful for those whose labor was filed in EB3 category and waiting for approval.

At this time, the backlog reduction efforts of the USCIS are not too visible even though some local district offices reported the reduction of processing times of the family cases. However, once the backlog reduction plan is in full swing, it will have impact on the progression of the immigrant visa numbers or retrogression of visa numbers in the Visa Bullen. People are reminded the following prediction of the State Department in August 2004 Visa Bulletin: During the past several years, the Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) demand for numbers has been low. To compensate for the lack of demand from CIS, the Visa Office advanced the immigrant visa cut-off dates very rapidly to provide sufficient qualified applicants at our overseas posts and permit the maximum use of immigrant visa numbers. Such advances also meant that many thousands of additional applicants became eligible to file for adjustment of status at CIS offices. During recent months, CIS demand for numbers has increased significantly as they have begun to address their backlog situation. This increase in CIS demand for numbers is expected to continue, and immigrant visa cut-off date movement is likely to slow or stop in the Family preference categories. Depending upon the rate at which demand is received, it may become necessary to establish cut-off dates in Employment preference categories.
Obviously, certain countries will be more vulnerable than other countries when the visa number retrogresses. In the employment-based categories, India and China may be most visibly affected, particularly the EB-3 Skilled Worker Professional or Unskilled Worker classification. Maybe, this is the time for the new employment-based green card applicants to consider the EB-2 options more seriously as by the time they reach the USCIS after completing the labor certification stage, they may face a challenging visa number retrogression or chargeability table coming years ahead.

Does that mean those who filed their labor in EB3 category should start their labor process again by filing in EB2 category?

Kg_gc

I really fail to understand how even prominent lawyers have so little grasp of even grade school math but still insist on posting their "anaysis" regarding the visa number issue on their websites, and cause unnecessary alarm in unsuspecting readers.

I had posted a reply regarding the "great visa number issue" on another thread, but I suppose not many people have read it, so here's the link for your benifit.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=137246

Its the second to last post.

Pineapple,Its not clear about how you arrived at your conclusion.

I think when there are limited or no visa numbers to assign in a particular period of time, backlog is bound to increase

kb_gc said:
Pineapple,Its not clear about how you arrived at your conclusion.

I think when there are limited or no visa numbers to assign in a particular period of time, backlog is bound to increase

Ok, let me explain:

First, take a simple case in which visa numbers are fixed at 100 per year. Say the total applicants are 200/year. There are zero pending cases.
Now, if due to slow work, only 50 cases are processed/year, backlog at year end = 150 (200-50). If 100 are processed, backlog= 100 (200-100). Now, since the yearly quota is 100, not more than 100 cases are going to be processed in a year. Hence, the backog is going to remain 100 no matter at what point in the year the 100 cases are processed. On day one or day 365. It does not matter. Currently, the yearly quota is not fulfilled, which is the same as saying that less than 100 cases are processed in this example. That is why the backlog can either reduce (150 to 100) or remain the same at the most (stay at 100).

Now add existing backlog in the above example, and the conclusion will be the same.

Now lets mix it up a little. Lets say, we have a cascading system of different catagories with maximum quota limits in each. (EB1, EB2, family based etc). Unfulfilled visas from one catagory are added to the next. Also lets have country based max. limits, for China etc. If other things remain constant, like ratio of processing speeds in different catagories and ratio of applicants in each catagory, you'll find that this complex case can be broken down into individal but inter-related simple cases.(The assumption in the complex case that key ratios remain is a very valid assumption and is very unlikely to change. Actually even if the ratios are not constant, the overall effect for all catagories is the same) You can treat it like a logical reasoning problem and solve it whichever way you like.

Whichever way you do it, the conclusion remains the same, you'll see.

Hope this helps.

Your assumption that ratio of applicants constant may not be true for next year.

If the BRC becomes fully operational and if the PERM process comes into effect, a spurt in the number of 485 filers will be seen next year. Since the demand for numbers increases the time to process an application in a particular category will increase. EB-3 filers will have to bear the brunt.

Kg_gc

Hi,

I didn't fully get the logic.
Assuming the center uses up all 100 visas.
After year 1, backlog is 100.
After year 2, backlog is now 200 (100 from last year + 200 this year - 100 processed).
and so on....
How would this ever go down?

kb_gc,

You have to remember that over a million GC applications are pending. Any increase in processing speed will first impact these applicants. Since the BRCs for labor will increase the number of emp based 485s in the Future, the relevant ratio in the next two years will be the ratio which is historical and contained in the existing backlog. Thus the relevant ratio for current and near-future filers is going to be constant.

Also, the bump in 485 filers will be one time and given the fact that all labor backlog is not going to be eliminated in a a year (gradually, not suddenly), not too disruptive considering the total number of pending applicants already in line and new family based applications. Also, it will be short term since the h1 visas are limited but family based gcs would increase due to the 'chain reaction' effect. So, yes, the ratio will fluctuate but not so soon.

In any case, you guys seem to have completely missed my point.

My point is that increase in processing speed Cannot increase processing time simply because the number of visas are limited.

It is logically impossible. The illustration I gave is a very simple way of explaining it. You can write equations and run simulations on a Cray but it will not contradict the commonsense conclusion.

In any catagory, in any case, whatever the ratio etc etc, the waiting time will either reduce (more likely) or in worst case will stay the same as it currently is.

I just wanted to express my dissatisfaction regarding 'immigration pundits' and their web-sites, indulging in needless and silly scare-mongering. It was not directed at any member of this forum, including you. (and me! :) )

Pineapple said:
kb_gc,

You have to remember that over a million GC applications are pending. Any increase in processing speed will first impact these applicants. Since the BRCs for labor will increase the number of emp based 485s in the Future, the relevant ratio in the next two years will be the ratio which is historical and contained in the existing backlog. Thus the relevant ratio for current and near-future filers is going to be constant.

Also, the bump in 485 filers will be one time and given the fact that all labor backlog is not going to be eliminated in a a year (gradually, not suddenly), not too disruptive considering the total number of pending applicants already in line and new family based applications. Also, it will be short term since the h1 visas are limited but family based gcs would increase due to the 'chain reaction' effect. So, yes, the ratio will fluctuate but not so soon.

In any case, you guys seem to have completely missed my point.

My point is that increase in processing speed Cannot increase processing time simply because the number of visas are limited.

It is logically impossible. The illustration I gave is a very simple way of explaining it. You can write equations and run simulations on a Cray but it will not contradict the commonsense conclusion.

In any catagory, in any case, whatever the ratio etc etc, the waiting time will either reduce (more likely) or in worst case will stay the same as it currently is.

I just wanted to express my dissatisfaction regarding 'immigration pundits' and their web-sites, indulging in needless and silly scare-mongering. It was not directed at any member of this forum, including you. (and me! :) )

Your analysis seems to be convincing.

kb_gc

Folks
Have one quick question.. Does the term priority date mean anything as far as Philly labor is concerned... Please explain the term if anyone knows about it.
thanks

iGate

Hi DSLstart,

Did you join iGate? I am planning to join the same company next week. Pls share your experience in case you are working with iGate. As per my account manager the labor cert will take about 12 months.

DSLstart said:
Gurus,
Thanks for your replies and valuable advice . BTW this company is igate Mastech. I checked on flcdatacenter site and they do have got around 1000 labors approved. But still the 4-6 mo. SESA + DOL thing is hard to digest.

thanks again..

rks2004 said:
Hi DSLstart,

Did you join iGate? I am planning to join the same company next week. Pls share your experience in case you are working with iGate. As per my account manager the labor cert will take about 12 months.

We have a contractor in our company from igate, who joined in dec/jan04, guess what, his LC was cleared in 4-5 months, they applied for i-140 and 485, and last week his i-140 was also cleared!!

just jump in!! i hear the pay is also good there along with benefits!!

Status
Not open for further replies.