Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone authenticate this information? My lawyer doesn't have any information pertaining to this.

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

bmgc said:
Guys,

Tried to call phone to find any news with no luck for 3 days now. Spokewith Lawyer...He say every one and he means every one from Phyly DOL office is fired. They plan to move all these guys to centralized processing and that is the move. He thinks nothing will happen for 2-3 months at Phyly DOL now unless things are moved to central processing !!!

Can any one cross check this info..Really frustrating for me when my DOL receipt date is exact in the month they show they were processing..Sucks..

We should try and take very negative information with a pinch of salt. These days too many negative rumors float around and it doesnt make it any easy on our already over stretched nerves.
One thing I have learnt about lawyers from mine(and mine is extremely good) is that they know as little as we do. Or at least they are unwilling to share it.
This particular detail about phily dol employees being fired is nothing new in principle. We all know they are currently training people in the backlog reduction centers. We also know these centers will become the central processing centers in the long run. Hence it is no secret that there is major restructuring effort on at the Phily DOL.
I am keeping my fingers crossed. I think it is very likely that cases stuck in Regional DOL will be addressed first. It seems logical to get these partially stuck cases out before addressing new ones which will have only one step I belive in the future.
Hang on tight guys. Maybe we will start seeing rapid movement 2-3 weeks.

Sameer

sameer2730 said:
We should try and take very negative information with a pinch of salt. These days too many negative rumors float around and it doesnt make it any easy on our already over stretched nerves.
One thing I have learnt about lawyers from mine(and mine is extremely good) is that they know as little as we do. Or at least they are unwilling to share it.
This particular detail about phily dol employees being fired is nothing new in principle. We all know they are currently training people in the backlog reduction centers. We also know these centers will become the central processing centers in the long run. Hence it is no secret that there is major restructuring effort on at the Phily DOL.
I am keeping my fingers crossed. I think it is very likely that cases stuck in Regional DOL will be addressed first. It seems logical to get these partially stuck cases out before addressing new ones which will have only one step I belive in the future.
Hang on tight guys. Maybe we will start seeing rapid movement 2-3 weeks.
Sameer

Sameer
Right on --

I have already read and seen ads on the website of the company that's been awarded the contract for backlog reduction in labor soliciting Philly DOL employees for job positions. So nothing new in principle about Philly DOL officers moving out of Philly DOL jobs; whether they were fired, laid off or resigned is a matter of technical detail and one I am not sure makes any difference to us.

Lawyers. I just spoke to mine: they tell me that there is no information shared by Philly DOL regarding their modus operandi w.r.t. BRC's. Seems my lawyers are either ignorant or unwilling to share.

I also agree that it would be logical for BRC's to take on the Regional cases at Philly DOL first.

And last but not the least, I agree that there's enough pessimism within ourselves about this ordeal. I am going to try and stay somewhat un-focussed on this for the next month or so. Let's see how it goes.

-spidey

feel sick

"Pray"
"hang on"
"hope for the best"
"Maybe we will start seeing rapid movement 2-3 weeks"

This thread is full of these words which I feel sick of ! Why don't try somthing else?

We are trying to stay optimistic.
Do you have a better suggestion?

allaboutgc said:
"Pray"
"hang on"
"hope for the best"

This thread is full of these words which I feel sick of ! Why don't try somthing else?

Stay Out

allaboutgc said:
"Pray"
"hang on"
"hope for the best"

We need positive people, you can stay out of this thread.... go to hell with your negative... dont bring your sickness to this thread !!

Whats up with all the fighting

Choclito said:
We need positive people, you can stay out of this thread.... go to hell with your negative... dont bring your sickness to this thread !!

Whats up with all the fighting here? We are all just honest, hardworking people trying to get through this process. If there is any anger, it should be with DOL. The problem is that we don't really have a voice. We are a pretty powerless group. We don't even have the right to vote!

We should stay optimistic. At the same time, if there is anything we can do, we should definitely try. I think sending emails, letters won't hurt. Maybe one day, when we are angry enough, we can have a protest in Washington DC. At least get some media attention...

LC Applicants..

All Applicants,

Please share your case details, if your LC is pending with Philly DOL from November 2002 to August 2003?

I spoke to my attorney stating that Philly DOL processing dates are totally erratic and even pointed out the way Atlanta DOL is processing all the application based on Case Number not receipt date. She asked me to put together some statistics in order to take it up with Philly dol personnel’s. Right now I’m working with very minimal data that I obtained from http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp site.

I even got details of few cases that got approved with the receipt date range from March 2004 through May 2004.

AwardMyGC

My lawyer says any days within 4 months !!

Guys,

My case from SESA sent to Philly DOL on May 2003, as RIR . July 2003 is was dedined by Philly, sent back to SESA for waiting more instructions from local DOL (SESA ?) . After many subsequent months for re-advertize bla bla bla .... on July 2004 it is sent again to Philly DOL as NON-RIR .

1. Does it mean it passed at SESA ?

My lawyer said my case would be replied any day within 4 months, start from Aug.
Checking the processing time at Philly, I feel the "4 month" time frame seems difficult to meet. Moreover, as we here believe the Philly guys been fired/sleep/take long-vacation/go to hell, I have some contrary thoughts on the time processing.

Any comment ?
SongLan

allaboutgc said:
Cholito,

Wish you "good luck" with DOL ! You "optimistic guy".

Allboutgc,
I wish you luck to ... please forgive me for what I wrote.... some times I feel exactly like you but we have to positive, that will help us all until good times :D :D :D come !!

Received at Philly DOL on Oct 15,2003 RIR. Also I had a colleague who's was received in Sept 2003 and hers got approved in Jan. So I guess it is truly v erratic :(

heres my info.
EB2 Non-RIR
Received in Philly DOL on Dec 10, 2003

well, heres a different perspective to boost our optimism.
as long as we can keep our jobs with the current employer, i dont see any problem being on H1B and thank our lucky stars that we can keep extending our H1Bs year after year.
just try not to think about this. college football is my diversion. i hope we all have other interests :)

Thanks hemant2001, sameer2730, sgupta01 and varsityboyz!

AwardMyGC

varsityboyz said:
heres my info.
EB2 Non-RIR
Received in Philly DOL on Dec 10, 2003

well, heres a different perspective to boost our optimism.
as long as we can keep our jobs with the current employer, i dont see any problem being on H1B and thank our lucky stars that we can keep extending our H1Bs year after year.
just try not to think about this. college football is my diversion. i hope we all have other interests :)

Status
Not open for further replies.