Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Puzzled

Tucxie75,

When was your case moved to Philly DOL? If your case was moved prior to 12/3/2003, you can check your case online?
Please share your case details?

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

Regards

AwardMyGC

Originally posted by Tucxie75
I have been through the SESA and I am now at the DOL in Philly. However, when I requested my case number to my lawyer, he said he did not received it yet. Would you have an idea why? I thought you would get a case number from the SESA and move it on to the DOL.
I wanted to check my status on the AVM but I can't without this number (my employer's number doesn't seem to exist).
Thank you for any information,
Tucxie

Re: Re: Re: Re: no reply yet

Here are the details
State : VA EB2/RIR
Date of acceptance for processing 09/13/2001

Case was part of 1500 selected for Pilot porgram testing by PWC so am not sure when it got passed for federal processing probably after dec 2002 thats when atty said that its with PWC.

1 day additional NOF issued sept 2003...no news after that :-(

Originally posted by AwardMyGC
sunkav,

Could you please share your case information?
Is it RIR/NON-RIR? What State,DOT Code,Receipt Date, RFE Date & Responded Date?

AwardMyGC.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no reply yet

atty replied to the NOF in nov 2003..

Originally posted by sunkav
Here are the details
State : VA EB2/RIR
Date of acceptance for processing 09/13/2001

Case was part of 1500 selected for Pilot porgram testing by PWC so am not sure when it got passed for federal processing probably after dec 2002 thats when atty said that its with PWC.

1 day additional NOF issued sept 2003...no news after that :-(

My info

State of filing: VA
File with SESA: May 28th, 2002
Moved to Philly DOL: Feb 24th, 2004
I am not sure if this is EB2 or EB3? (How could I know?)
But I know it's RIR.

Now, I am waiting.
Hope this can help :eek:)

Thanks for the updates!

Hello all,

My Philly receipt date is November 2003 and it's been 150+ days and counting. I have been checking the AVM everyday, but there seems to be no end in sight. Since people after me are getting certified and some before me are not, I have no idea about what is going on anymore.
Anyways, the reason I wanted to write a note was to thank all of you fine people for the yeoman work that you have been doing by posting your updates. I am sure that you are keeping up the spirits of several people who read these forums.
If I find out anything about my application, I will certainly post an update here.

Best Regards and God Bless you all.

Hi
Let me introduce myself first
I have been watching this forum and the state forum for the last 2 years, it has been an endless wait but today I got a very pleseant surprise when i called the AVm and it's message said that the case has been certified , but in all honesty you folks have been a great help whatever information i got was by coming to this forum. Now about my case details if any one could update it on the tracker for further use.
MD State filed July 27 2001
NOF Oct 2003 (Salary and 10 day Advertisment in the Office)
Recieved at DOL Nov03/2003
AVM message on 4/6/2004 Certified on 4/5/2004
DOT code 033xxxxx
030.167-014
:) Wishing all of you that your wait also culminates soon, If anyone needs more information will be glad to share
Now for the next wait i140 and 485:confused:

Sundogg: EB2 or EB3

Congrats!! Could you let us know if it is EB2 or EB3?

Originally posted by sundogg
Hi
I have been watching this forum and the state forum for the last 2 years, it has been an endless wait but today I got a very pleseant surprise when i called the AVm and it's message said that the case has been certified , but in all honesty you folks have been a great help whatever information i got was by coming to this forum. Now about my case details if any one could update it on the tracker for further use.
DOT code 033xxxxx
030.167-014
:) Wishing all of you that your wait also culminates soon, If anyone needs more information will be glad to share

EB2/EB3

EB2 = Employment Based Category 2, usually somebody with a US equiv. Masters degree or 5 years work exp.
EB3 = Usually, US equiv. Bachelors degree or 2 years work exp.

Some companies apply under EB3 category even if the employee qualifies for EB2 filing for various reasons. Your attorney or company will know which category was used for your filing.

I do not know the term but if I could get an explanation of this term I could possibly help REF:EB2\EB3

Great news Sunny

We are all happy for you. Enjoy

Hi
DOT code 033xxxxx
030.167-014

EB2 vs EB3

I just asked my lawyer and he filed my case as an EB2. Would this make any difference in the time to process it?
Thanks,
Tucxie

Re: EB2 vs EB3

I just asked my lawyer and he filed my case as an EB2. Would this make any difference in the time to process it?
Thanks,
Tucxie
I don't believe it makes a difference at the LC stage. It is supposed to be faster at the I-140 stage (at least at the CSC...... new 140 /485s filed concurrently under EB2 will be adjudicated within 90 days in a few weeks from now).

mvinays-

//*********************

I don't believe it makes a difference at the LC stage. It is supposed to be faster at the I-140 stage (at least at the CSC...... new 140 /485s filed concurrently under EB2 will be adjudicated within 90 days in a few weeks from now).

**************************//

90days for 140/485 filings...Where did u get that from?

thnx
spidey

I guess that's a good news. If I ever pass the DOL stage....
:D

That is good news only if I-140 / 485 will be filed from California Service Center. EB2 folks filing from Western Region turned lucky!!!! I hope Vermont implements a similar 90 day program for concurrent I-140 /485s.

Originally posted by spidey
mvinays-

//*********************

thnx
spidey

04/01/2004: Hey, Step Aside "Concurrent Filing," 90-day I-140/I-485 "Concurrent Adjudication" is Looming Up!

According to the AILA, the USCIS is launching two interesting pilot programs to complete adjudication of I-485 applications within 90 days of filing. This is not a April 1 joke.
In family-based I-485 cases, Dallas Local District of USCIS will launch such program beginning from May 3, 2004. The I-485 applicant will be "interviewed at the time of filing" and adjudicated within 90days. FB-485, DV-485, Special Immigrants-485 will be covered, but Asylee/Refugee-485, EB-485, and LIFE Act-485 will not be covered. Wow, the families and DV lottery winners should move to Dallas! It is hoped that people in Dallas USCIS jurisdiction are not exploded with flock of married couples, the relatives of U.S. citizen, etc.
In Employment-based I-140/I-485 cases, California Service Center is reportedly about to launch such 90-day concurrent I-140/I-485 adjudication program for EB-2 concurrent-filing cases. NIW-based EB-2 will not be covered by the pilot progam. Remember that the eligible cases are non-NIW EB-2 cases of concurrent filing of I-140/I-485 only. In EB-2, if you file NIW case, you are out. If you file I-140 for non-NIW EB-2 but not concurrently with I-485, you are out too. Only currently filed cases will be covered by this 90-day I-485 adjudication pilot program. Since the concurrent-filing rule requires that the I-140/I-485 be filed at the jurisdiction of I-140 petition, meaning the job site or place of employment, the people who obtained a labor certification approval for the job sites outside of the California Service Center jurisdiction should not attempt to flock into the California Service Center by selling their homes in other jurisdictions and moving into the CSC jurisdiction. It ain't going to work! Interesting question which has yet to be answered by the California Service Center is "undetermined location" labor certification cases. These cases are filed not at the location of job or place of employment but the location of the main business office of the employer. Accordingly, should employer's main office be located in the California Service Center jurisdiction, no matter where the roving job will be located, such EB-2 filers are allowed to file at the California Service Center regardless of their job sites and location of residence, and theoretically, they should be eligible for such pilot program privilege. It Ain't Interesting?
What do they mean by "pilot program?" Common sense tells that it means a testing of certain program to test the water. Overall, pilot program will give a hope to all the I-485 filers, including family-based and employment-based, in that eventually, it will reduce the I-485 processing times tremendously throughout the country. Apparently, it is targetting at achieving reduction of processing times at one year across the board in the near future. Since it will include the time for I-140 and I-485 together, it ain't bad at all! Hold your breath!!!!!!!!

Source:
http://www.immigration-law.com
Click on Breaking news and scroll down to see the news under 04/01/2004

Originally posted by spidey
mvinays-

//*********************

thnx
spidey

Check out the information in the following discussion thread.
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120512

Status
Not open for further replies.