Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: HELP, please!

Originally posted by jatt5abda
The same thing has happened with my case as well. The good news is that your case is in the Philly office and they are really quick in getting back to the company to file the new ad and they do not give too much time to get back with the answer. The bad news is that your case is in Philly....and that means that there are going to LOTS of people replying to ad they post for the job.

It depends what kind of relation you have with your HR people, your manager etc, coz they will have to reject all those who apply to the ad.

Keep your fingers crossed.
I too share the same pain, after waiting fot my labor which was applied in Dec 2001, I got a NOF from Phila DOL and later they remanded my case back to the State asking to re-advertise.This happened on Sept 5, I am still waitng for DOL to send the instructions to my employer to re-advertise.

I asked my attorney and they said, we should hear real soon.

This is a pain and not fair, since the market is not the same as it was in Dec 2001. Our LC was applied based on the conditions then.
Its going to be tough to deny the applicants, it will be our luck of we get approved,since the DOL can deny the application by looking at the reponse that we send for each application we receive.

To Ibud2

Hi, Ibud2,

Sorry to hear that you are in the same situation as me. I applied from VA and my case moved to DOL. DOL issued a NOF and then sent back to VA to re-advertise.

Which state did you apply from? Did your lawyer comment that when the state will send instructions to your employer to re-advertising?

This is a really frustrating process... I am so worried...

Keep our fingers crossed...

Re: Effect of lay off on Labor Cert process

Originally posted by jaocanada
Nice question, PhillyJulyLC - I am keenly looking forward to replies from expereinced folks on this forum.

In addition, I have one more question.
I wanted to ask you about the effect of lay-off in a company on that company’s pending labor certifications.

e.g.

Suppose that a company SomeCompany Inc has 2 employees: emp1, who is a US citizen, is a Programmer with A, B, C as his skill set and emp2, who is an alien, is a Programmer with X, Y, Z as his skill set. From DOL perspective, will they fall under the same job-code.

Now if SomeCompany Inc. lays off emp1 then does it have any implication on the pending Labor Certification of emp2?

Thanks!
Jaocanada

Well I think it depends. They (the SWA or DOL - again not sure how each of them functions) would look at if your company has had layoffs for the past a year or so (?). If they decide your company has laid off workers with similar skill sets then it may jepodize your LC. If however as you said although you are both programmers, the skill sets you have are different then it should be ok. If they send a NOF it would be up to your attoney to make a reasonable argument - I think. It's all of a matter of discretion by the officer who processes your case. Hope this helps!

Re: AVM

It is just ringing..............

I would like to go with the thought that they are updating AVM with approvals :p rather than thinking it is down again...........

Originally posted by cts
any idea.... AVM is working or Not? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: To Ibud2

Originally posted by lcvirginia2002
Hi, Ibud2,

Sorry to hear that you are in the same situation as me. I applied from VA and my case moved to DOL. DOL issued a NOF and then sent back to VA to re-advertise.

Which state did you apply from? Did your lawyer comment that when the state will send instructions to your employer to re-advertising?

This is a really frustrating process... I am so worried...

Keep our fingers crossed...

Hi,
I applied from Philadelphia,PA. The attorney said my employer should be hearing from SESA very soon.
I am also tranfering my case to this new attorney.
Does anybody have suggestions about changing attorney's while the case is pending?

AVM busy....

I am trying to get through the AVM all morning ...but I got ony busy tones...

any body got through the AVM..

Re: Re: To Ibud2

lbud2,

Thank you for the reply! I want to check with VA SESA to see when they will instruct my employer to do the advertising. The lawyers are not helpful at all.

Hope that you hear from SESA soon. I don't have enough information on changing lawyer during a case. But at least, your new lawyer should contact State or DOL to inform them that new lawyer is representing you, right?

All the best!

Originally posted by lbud2
Hi,
I applied from Philadelphia,PA. The attorney said my employer should be hearing from SESA very soon.
I am also tranfering my case to this new attorney.
Does anybody have suggestions about changing attorney's while the case is pending?

Hi CTS

I checked in the AVM after 3 weeks and i got the case number . I guess you will get yours may be this week . All the best .

Thanks
Msrao

Originally posted by cts
Hi MSRAO,
U got ur case# , DOT code from AVM.is that right.
do u know how many days it is taking to update a case on AVM.
lawyer said my case moved moved to sep-13,but still not updated in AVM...any idea
thanks
CTS

Can Any one update Excel with my Info

AVM updated my case.
Philly rcvd date: sep-19-2003
Dot code: 030.162-014
case# #0339XXXX

Hi ms_from_mich,
Ur case should be updated in AVM..
check the AVM...

thanks
CTS

thanks cts.. Will try checking avm today..

I could not access the avm yesterday night.. was ringing all the time.
any idea when would be a good time to check ?

thanks guys.

thanks guys.

thanks guys.

Updated Tracker Sheet

Attaching updated tracker sheet.

updated sheet with RonaDhona, ilusrini, PinShi, rgullapa, shsb, jem73, msrao and cts.

Please add my info

Recvd to philly on 8/20/2003
DOT code: 033.262-010
Case number: 03395***
Case type: EB3-RIR
SESA State: VA
SESA Date: 3/11/2002

Status
Not open for further replies.