Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Thanks alacha, this is very useful info. My spouse called the numbers and FBI was courteous enough to pickup the phone and confirm that the FP has passed on Mar 4 (<2 wks). For folks waiting for the interview/oath, it looks like a genuine backlog and scheduling issue at USCIS Philly DO.

COGNAC

Hi Ara2000,

Follow this link http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/fingerprints.html
Call to the phone number listed in this website and you will get the information.

Congratulations to everyone who took their oath in Philly yesterday ! I hope it went well (do post your experience here if you get a chance).

I am posting to see if there is anyone in the same boat as me (waiting for the next Philly oath) ? As far as I can tell everyone else who was waiting made it to yesterday's oath and the rest haven't even had their interviews yet (I don't believe anyone has received ILs in the last two months or so).

As far as I can tell the next major oath in the Convention Center will be sometime in September and that is going to be a long wait. However Philly is also supposed to have these smaller ceremonies (with about 50-70 people each time) in their Callowhill office. I am hoping that they have one sometime in July to commemorate Independence Day and one in August as well and that I make it to one of these smaller ceremonies. Please do post here if you've had your interview in the last month or so and have gotten a hint from the IO on when the next oath ceremony might be.

-KM

June 14 Oath in Philly

Hello Kagemusha,

I was one of the 850 people who were swore in in Philly last June 14. It was a wonderful experience. We arrived there at 9 AM and we were almost at the end of the pack. A lot of people have been there early. We lined up and I have to tell you that the USCIS did a good job. It was a very orderly process.

The ceremony started at 11 AM. The keynote speaker was of a Puerto Rican descent and gave an inspiring experience. It ended beautifully with the song ....I am proud be an American.....

Well alnera, that is nice to hear. Congratulations again !

In my case after all that stress waiting (unsuccessfully) for the June 14 oath letter guess what showed up in my mailbox today ? I am scheduled for an oath at the National Constitution Center on July 2. It is one of the small oath ceremonies to commemorate Independence Day. So in the end I had to wait just a couple weeks longer to finally reach the end of this journey (needless to say I am quite relieved !).

Best wishes to you MichaelDE - I really hope you don't have to wait until September for your oath (hopefully they will have something in DE for July 4 or they will get you into one of the Philly oaths).

-KM

P. S. Interestingly enough my oath letter was mailed from Vermont (zip code 05479). I wonder why that is (when everyone else seemed to get it directly from Philly).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Me and my wife finally received interview letters today. Our interview is on July 19th 2007.

bheem2007

RD: 12/05/06
FP: 01/05/07
IL: 06/12/07
ID: 07/19/07

Finally some good news on new ILs! Congratulations!

By the way, have your online case status disappeared?

Hi,

Me and my wife finally received interview letters today. Our interview is on July 19th 2007.

bheem2007

RD: 12/05/06
FP: 01/05/07
IL: 06/12/07
ID: 07/19/07

Got Il Today

Finally some good news on new ILs! Congratulations!

By the way, have your online case status disappeared?

hello everyone,

here is my updated timeline

sent application to VSC
check cashed 10/31
PD 10/26
FP 11/18
IL Notice Date 6/12/07
Mail Posted 6/14/07 from Vermont
Interview Date 7/27/07 at Callowhill, Phialdelphia

Hopefully all goes smoothly and I can get an oath date soon enough. Has anybody gotten oath dates for August or September?

To those waiting awhile now for the interview, just be patient. It's a hard thing when you are dealing with an agency that seems so distant and unapproachable, but we have to make an effort to keep our sanity. This too shall pass......It's also really been quite a long wait for me relative to other postings that I see here, when people have been getting interviews 2-3 months after fingerprinting. All throughout I have been checking my online status, even today 6/16/07 as I received the letter, my online status did not disappear. I don't think we should go by this to speculate whether things are proceeding as it should.

jgalvez,

That helps. Yes, I did do an InfoPass last week and they confirmed that I wasn't scheduled for an oath yet. So I guess my earlier comments were just wishful thinking on my part. Given that your interview was in April, there is absolutely no reason for you not to make it to the June 14 ceremony and so I am glad you got some positive news at your InfoPass. In my case I think I am somehow past the cut-off date and so I am just going to wait for the oath letter to show up for the next ceremony whenever it is.

-KM

Hi Kagemusha

I was a little confused by your posting. Can you please clarify. It seems to me you were waiting for the oath date to come. You were hoping for 6/14/07 however, your timeline indicated "OD 7/2/07" how did this happen?

Hi Kagemusha

I was a little confused by your posting. Can you please clarify. It seems to me you were waiting for the oath date to come. You were hoping for 6/14/07 however, your timeline indicated "OD 7/2/07" how did this happen?

I was hoping to make it to the 06/14/07 ceremony (which was a mega ceremony) but didn't make it for some reason. I got my oath letter just today and my oath is on July 2 instead. I think this is one of the smaller ceremonies held to mark Independence Day.

If your interview is at the end of July I would think that you will make it to the next big ceremony which will probably be held in early September (going by the oath schedules of the previous years). I think between the big ceremonies they tend to clear some of the backlog with the smaller ceremonies but since the next big ceremony probably just a month and half after your interview you may have to wait for that one.

Good luck in any case and hope that everyone else waiting for their ILs (with PDs in late 06 or early 07) get them in this batch.

-KM

Goldenrabbit, thanks for the update, and congratulations! Yes, from what others have reported here the online case status is just about useless. When you think about it, the most likely reason for it not to update when a computer generated letter is sent out is that updates are entered manually...

hello everyone,

here is my updated timeline

sent application to VSC
check cashed 10/31
PD 10/26
FP 11/18
IL Notice Date 6/12/07
Mail Posted 6/14/07 from Vermont
Interview Date 7/27/07 at Callowhill, Phialdelphia

Hopefully all goes smoothly and I can get an oath date soon enough. Has anybody gotten oath dates for August or September?

To those waiting awhile now for the interview, just be patient. It's a hard thing when you are dealing with an agency that seems so distant and unapproachable, but we have to make an effort to keep our sanity. This too shall pass......It's also really been quite a long wait for me relative to other postings that I see here, when people have been getting interviews 2-3 months after fingerprinting. All throughout I have been checking my online status, even today 6/16/07 as I received the letter, my online status did not disappear. I don't think we should go by this to speculate whether things are proceeding as it should.

Hi,

This question is for those of you who are waiting for oath after interview. Do we have to surender our green card after the inverview? I have interview on July 19th and I have a planned trip to India in Aug 1st week. I am doomed if I have to surender greencard.

Thanks,

bheem2007

This question is for those of you who are waiting for oath after interview. Do we have to surender our green card after the inverview? I have interview on July 19th and I have a planned trip to India in Aug 1st week. I am doomed if I have to surender greencard.

The interview doesn't change your PR status and so you will have your GC until your oath is completed. The trip should be OK (you will just have to mention it in the questionnaire included with the oath letter) as long as you make it back in time for your oath (make sure someone keeps an eye on your mail and informs you if the oath letter shows up earlier than expected).

-KM

I cehcked my online status again today, it now says Failed retrieval. so looks line the online status has caught up, but it did take 5 days post generation of the notice of action.

I cehcked my online status again today, it now says Failed retrieval. so looks line the online status has caught up, but it did take 5 days post generation of the notice of action.

I am taking the above information back. My online status is still there, I had punched in the wrong receipt number earlier that is why it said failed to retrieve. truly apologize for the misinformation.

so the theory still stands for me, online status disappearance is not a good gauge of wheter IL has been sent or not.

From all the posts on this forum it appears that disappearance of the case status (if it happens, that is) is a pretty reliable indicator that the IL is on it's way (worked for me). There are only a few exceptions where the case status disappeared for no good reason. But on the other hand, if the case status doesn't disappear, that doesn't mean that the IL is not on it's way. As with everything else, when it comes to USCIS there is no foolproof way of telling what is going on until that letter physically shows up in your mailbox.

-KM

Last edited by a moderator:
KM,

Congratulations on your oath letter! It must have been a major frustration when you were left out of the 6/14 oath and had no idea when the next one would be. I'm glad to see it resolved relatively quickly. Now you can look forward to other things you need to do after naturalization.

stb9

Well alnera, that is nice to hear. Congratulations again !

In my case after all that stress waiting (unsuccessfully) for the June 14 oath letter guess what showed up in my mailbox today ? I am scheduled for an oath at the National Constitution Center on July 2. It is one of the small oath ceremonies to commemorate Independence Day. So in the end I had to wait just a couple weeks longer to finally reach the end of this journey (needless to say I am quite relieved !).

Best wishes to you MichaelDE - I really hope you don't have to wait until September for your oath (hopefully they will have something in DE for July 4 or they will get you into one of the Philly oaths).

-KM

P. S. Interestingly enough my oath letter was mailed from Vermont (zip code 05479). I wonder why that is (when everyone else seemed to get it directly from Philly).

Nothing for me. Still waiting for September. Congratulations KM!

waiting for oath

Hello KM
I saw you got oath letter for July 2nd. Congrats !
I am waiting for oath. I was interviewed on April 4, 2007 in philly and haven't got any letter for oath. I went to infopass in the last week and reply was that
I am not scheduled. I was hoping to get in the last mega ceremony of June 14.

Is there anyone who was interviewed in April and who is waiting for oath letter?