Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Delaware case.. waiting for IL

Still waiting for IL.

Application date: 2/15/2007
Checks encashed: 2/25'sh
FP Date (Dover): 3/17
IL: Still waiting

From early April, INS website could not retrive my wife's case (failed error, see below), however displays my status as classic "PENDING"

Just getting impatient, since I hear many of you from Feb FP have already taken oath.. Anybody with similar dates from DE?

THANKS

Case Status Retrieval Failed
This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283

Ymmv

I applied nine weeks before you did. No interview notice yet.

Still waiting for IL.

Application date: 2/15/2007
Checks encashed: 2/25'sh
FP Date (Dover): 3/17
IL: Still waiting

From early April, INS website could not retrive my wife's case (failed error, see below), however displays my status as classic "PENDING"

Just getting impatient, since I hear many of you from Feb FP have already taken oath.. Anybody with similar dates from DE?

THANKS

Case Status Retrieval Failed
This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283

Is it possible to get to Callowhill by Septa?

I wonder if I can get to Callowhill by train?
Thanks.

ND - -1/19/07
FP - 02/26/07
IL ND - 06/27/07
ID -- 08/29/07

There should be many ways to getting to Callowhill by Septa (I haven't traveled by it in years and always drive in to Philly). 1600 Callowhill is just a block away from the Race-Vine station on the Broad Street Line.

-KM

Are the N-400, oath and passport processing affected by the state govt. shutdown?

I would hope not. The N-400 processing (through oath) is handled by USCIS which is a branch of the Department of Homeland Security. Passport processing is handled by the Department of State. Both are Federal government agencies and shouldn't be affected by the state government partial shutdown.

-KM

My timeline so far from what I can remember off the top of my head--I am post-call doc and been up all night:confused:

anyways

Oath Ceremony was April 26,2007

But I didnt have one day off to go to the passport office to apply for my passport. What should I do?

1.Expedited by mail and pray and hope...but from what I see on the news even those peopel arent getting their passports on time....weeks later and even missing vacations abroad.

2.Go to the Passport office in Downtown Philadelphia and apply in person...it says only people who are travelling within 14 days are supposed to do that. I am almost tempted to buy a ticket for a week to my relatives place in Canada or India just so I could get the passport faster. But DO I HAVE DO go through such measures? I am wondering if they will just let me get my passport if all documentation is there. I need visas too.

PLEASE HELP

THank you all for your information in the past few months.

desidoc73

desidoc73,

You didn't mention if you have a trip coming up for which you need the passport right away. If you do, you may want to use one of the rush passport services to avoid the hassle of going to the passport agency personally (you need an appointment for that).

For the regular expedited service you have to apply in person (at least the first time you apply for a US passport) and so you will have to figure out a way to get to the nearest post office to submit your application. My bro is a doctor too (just finished his residency) and so I can relate to your situation.

-KM

My timeline so far from what I can remember off the top of my head--I am post-call doc and been up all night:confused:

anyways

Oath Ceremony was April 26,2007

But I didnt have one day off to go to the passport office to apply for my passport. What should I do?

1.Expedited by mail and pray and hope...but from what I see on the news even those peopel arent getting their passports on time....weeks later and even missing vacations abroad.

2.Go to the Passport office in Downtown Philadelphia and apply in person...it says only people who are travelling within 14 days are supposed to do that. I am almost tempted to buy a ticket for a week to my relatives place in Canada or India just so I could get the passport faster. But DO I HAVE DO go through such measures? I am wondering if they will just let me get my passport if all documentation is there. I need visas too.

PLEASE HELP

THank you all for your information in the past few months.

desidoc73

Desidoc73,

I appreciate that paperwork is pain in a neck, but common ...! In the last 2.5 months since your Oath you could not find time to visit a post-office for an hour? And this is your serious problem? My suggestion - find time, and if there is none free available, make time... Do not eat your lunch one day if you have to.

People on this forum are going through name checks, interviews, years of waiting for USCIS to tell them anything... and I think they would love to have your problem.

Good luck with the passport, but I think if you really need it you would find time to apply for it.

Still waiting for the IL???? Any one got the IL's recently...please post the information....

Thank you,
Chandra

================
Posted from: Devon, PA (Philadelphia Area)
Posted: 1/30/2007
Received at Vermont: 1/31/2007
Finger Printing: 2/22/2007 (Cleared by FBI on the same day)
Interview letter: waiting

Passed interview today

I passed the interview today. I did ask when the next oath will be, but they don't seem to have an answer. Looks like all we can do is to wait patiently for the letter to arrive in the mail.

Last month as of June 15 USCIS web site showed that current dates for N400 is Nov 12 2006 and I am checking that today as USICS will be updated on 15th it is still showing the same Nov 12 2006 as current processing dates. Does any body know why they are not moving.... ????

Thank you,
Chandra

Still waiting for the IL???? Any one got the IL's recently...please post the information....

Thank you,
Chandra

================
Posted from: Devon, PA (Philadelphia Area)
Posted: 1/30/2007
Received at Vermont: 1/31/2007
Finger Printing: 2/22/2007 (Cleared by FBI on the same day)
Interview letter: waiting
Chandra, how do you know if FBI cleared yr case?

Chandra, how do you know if FBI cleared yr case?

Hi Manish,

I had already posted the information . Please check the pages from 35-40 and you will find the detail information. You can call to the FBI Office (numbers provided in my previous postings) and tell your greend card number and they will tell you the information.

Chandra

If you are taking the regional rail, take any of the ones that go to "Center City Philadelphia", stop at Market East station. Then you can take Orange line to North and stop at "Race and Vine" from there walk to Callowhill. However, this may be complicated, as the walk to the subway from the Market East station may get you lost. Probably easier to walk to Callowhil from Market East Station, it's a distance, but doable. THe best would be to take a cab from Market East Station. You don't want to be late for your interview.

Best of luck

I wonder if I can get to Callowhill by train?
Thanks.

ND - -1/19/07
FP - 02/26/07
IL ND - 06/27/07
ID -- 08/29/07