Fingerprint Notice: Aug 17, 2006
Fingerprints Taken: Sep 08, 2006
Interview Notice: ???
Interview Taken: ????
Oath Notice: ????
Oath Date: ????
Passport Application: ???
Passport Received: ???

Just spoke to FBI and they said the fingerprints were sent back to USCIS on the same day they were taken. I'm gonna call USCIS 2moro and see if I can wrangle some more info from them. If not, then I'll just wait for the interview to be scheduled.

oath notice

I received my oath notice yesterday. Eventhough IO put a note on my file to make my oath coincide with my wife's it did not happen. I am hoping I can call some one with a request to prepone mine or postpone my wife's.

sirani said:
I received my oath notice yesterday. Eventhough IO put a note on my file to make my oath coincide with my wife's it did not happen. I am hoping I can call some one with a request to prepone mine or postpone my wife's.

Based on your timeline the interview letter should arrive about 2 months after the fingerprints so I am expectng the letter in the next two weeks.

Could you tell me where you had your interview?

zuleron said:
Based on your timeline the interview letter should arrive about 2 months after the fingerprints so I am expectng the letter in the next two weeks.

I had my interview at Immigration Service Center, 16th and Callowhill St. Phildelphia. Is that what you were asking?

zuleron said:

I had my FP done on 7/10. Still waiting for interview letter.

Wow 3 months ago...

I went on the USCIS online case check and mine has not disappeared; neither have the receipt numbers for the people immediately above and below my receipt number. However, there are many other receipt numbers close to mine that have disappeared so I guess they assign the cases to DHS workers randomly and the person who has my case is a slacker...

I wonder what's going on! My mom had her Citizenship within 3 months of appying! She applied on June, and became a citizen at the beginning of September.

my PD is 7/13/06
FP 7/27/06
FP cleared and where at DO office on 8/3/06
IL ????? Have no clue! They are taking quite long to schedule them!

I called the 1-800 number and the girl told me "Right now they are processing cases from February....

What do you guys think!?

Anyone on the same boat as me?

Interview Info for Philadelphia DO

Hi. Scheduled for citizenship interview on November 20, 2006. My question is whether the civic/history questions are answered verbally OR is it a multiple choice question to choose the right answer OR one just needs to know the answer.

Any help is appreciated.

Applied : June 6, 2006
FP done : June 29, 2006
IV date : Nov 20, 2006

Philadelphia Time line -Oath

TEN written questions are asked and one has to be correct atleast for Six questions.

Still waiting on interview letter. It became the 3 month mark on Friday 11/3. Who knows how much more I'll have to wait for that letter......

So glad I found this forum

Hello there

My Philadelphia timeline is as follows:

N-400 App sent: July 19, 2006
App Recieved: July 21, 2006
Priority Date: July 21, 2006
Fingerprint Appt.: Aug 22, 2006
Interview Letter: ??
Interview Taken: ??
Oath Letter: ??
Oath Taken: ??
Passport Application: ??
Passport Recieved: ??

So like others here..... I continue to wait. I also have a name change so from reading this forums seems I might be delayed even more, oh well patience is a virtue hehe

One small question, what does it mean when people here say "the case status disappeared"?? Does that mean you are closer to a Interview Letter and Date? A good thing or bad thing? My case status online is still in pending and appears on screen. Anyways thank you all.

desidoc73 said:
Hello there

My Philadelphia timeline is as follows:

N-400 App sent: July 19, 2006
App Recieved: July 21, 2006
Priority Date: July 21, 2006
Fingerprint Appt.: Aug 22, 2006
Interview Letter: ??
Interview Taken: ??
Oath Letter: ??
Oath Taken: ??
Passport Application: ??
Passport Recieved: ??

So like others here..... I continue to wait. I also have a name change so from reading this forums seems I might be delayed even more, oh well patience is a virtue hehe

One small question, what does it mean when people here say "the case status disappeared"?? Does that mean you are closer to a Interview Letter and Date? A good thing or bad thing? My case status online is still in pending and appears on screen. Anyways thank you all.

When your online "case status disappears", then that means that one of the four National Service Centers (Vermont, Nebraska, Texas, California) is about to send or has already sent your file to the local District Office (DO) in the district in which you reside; in your case, I assume it is the Philadelphia DO.

It is the DO that schedules the interview, conducts the interview, schedules the oath ceremony and conducts the oath ceremony. So if your case status has disappeared then you can expect an Interview Letter in the next week or two, and, yes, that is a good thing!

I had my FP done 2 months ago and I am still also waiting for my case status to disappear.

Good Luck!

zuleron said:
When your online "case status disappears", then that means that one of the four National Service Centers (Vermont, Nebraska, Texas, California) is about to send or has already sent your file to the local District Office (DO) in the district in which you reside; in your case, I assume it is the Philadelphia DO.

It is the DO that schedules the interview, conducts the interview, schedules the oath ceremony and conducts the oath ceremony. So if your case status has disappeared then you can expect an Interview Letter in the next week or two, and, yes, that is a good thing!

I had my FP done 2 months ago and I am still also waiting for my case status to disappear.

Good Luck!

Hi Zuleron

Thank you for the information. Well I saw your previous posts and saw your timeline. We are about the same time. my PD is July 21 and yours is in August so I guess we will be called around the same time. Philadelphia DO is my office too. I have been waiting 3 months since my Fingerprinting was done...sigh. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the info about case status, good luck to you too!

Fingerprint letter missed in Mail & other.

I applied for N-400 on 9/12/06 for citizenship. I live in Newark, DE.After 1.5 month, 2 weeks back I called USCIS. They said, my fingerprint scheduled date was passed. I never got letter for FP. They said they will mail me another letter to reschedule & if I don't receive within 30 days, I can call after 30 days.

1. Immigration officer in Dover, Delaware told me it can take long to reschedule. Last time this happened(1 year back) to one of her case & it took 6 months. Any way to expedite? I live in Newark, DE & I know that for sure(I called & check with them) our fingerprint office is not busy at all.

2. I missed 2 letters from USCIS- receipt letter(mailed on 9/21/06) & fingerprint(maied on 9/22/06).
I already confirmed my address. They had all the time my correct address & I'm receiveing all other mails without any problem. How can I make sure, I don't miss any more letter from them. Eventhough I offered to pay for registered/any mail with tracking no.They said, they can only send by regular mail.
They did cash my check. When I called first time around 10/25/06 to USCIS, lady said they've problem in system & mails getting delayed. But, she didn't say anything about Fingerprint letter. When I called, second time on 11/02/06, person told me that fingerprint letter was sent on 9/22/06 & I never received it.

3. I need to go India for few months for work. Can I go prior to fingerprint. & again between fingerprint & interview or that will be reason to deny citizenship(Too many long visits to India right before interview?). Currently I 've greencard. How long Can I stay in India?

4. Do they put in Interview queue now Or they put in interview queue after Fingerprint?
e.g. 3 months Delay in Fingerprint will also delay interview for 3 months?

5. My interview will be in Philadelphia & oath will be in Wilmington. I heard it takes atleast 1 month(normaly longer) for oath after interview, here. I need to go India ASAP after interview. Can I change my address to NJ(my cousin lives in NJ). to expedite oath. I heard thant Newark/NJ does INterview & oath same day. Or that will delay my interview date, though?

6. How long it takes to receive passport after oath. Can I apply for passport & go India?

7. Do I need to be in Newark, DE 3 months prior to interview or application?

8. Can I appear for interview in India(US immigratio/consulate office)

Thanks a lot

How/where can I check online with 12 digit no. It says invalid no. When I called

USCIS they gave me 12 digit receipt no.

Case Status disappeared today

Yeeeeeaaaah!

My case status disappeared today! :D

hopefully my IL is in the mail! :eek:

Maybe I'll have a sweet Christmas present! :)

Knock on wood! :eek:

My timeline so far:

08/05/2006: Application mailed

08/09/2006: PD

08/17/2006: FPND

09/08/2006: FP

11/16/2006: Case Status Disappeared

?????: IL

????: Interview

????: Oath