Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

if this were true, I would be in my interview now and you would be in your oath now!!! Now we dont even have a clue as to how
long it takes.... Varies between Oct 2002- Sept 2003 ! :(

Even though these dates are messed up at present, I see this publishing requirement as a very positive step. In my past, I headed up a large international operations division. As soon as people are mandated to publish dates, 2 things happen. First, they become more personally accountable (as they moan and complain for awhile) Secondly, they start to "compete" with the dates and strive to move them forward. They start to take pride in these numbers. I am convinced that this will happen over time with the USCIS staff (am I dreaming?)

Rahul and Phillydude - I am cheering for you two! The sooner you get through this process, the sooner my turn comes. Go guys!!

Went to the VSC today. There is a walk in facility. My file is at VSC still. I have to wait 3 months if i move to VT for local Vermont office to touch my file..... I might just leave it at Philadelphia... Too bad I cant take advantage of this... Now I still have to maintain 2 residences/addresses if I move to VT. I hope my employer lets me remain at Philly atlest for the sake of N400, lets see! :(

The local office at Vermont has hardly any applicants , I was the only one in the 15 mins I was there, Spoke with the person that actually interviews for N-400. Very friendly and courteous.

PS: VSC folks are very helpful, got a lot of info from there, esp about my name that appears wrong my my GC etc, where my FBI name check stands etc....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
bogus dates. the first one was right. Oct '02 is correct... The INS officer at VSC showed me my file where it had about 20-25 dates entered right from the time my ap was received in mailroom till 5 days ago.... A column saying interview scheduled is blank. My FBI name check is in progress, as my name has come back as "popular"

She mentioned philly takes atleast a year and local Vermont is 8 months.

If u visit VSC, u can find a lot of details about your case.. There were just 2 ppl at VSC today.... Very helpful/courteous.. If only they were FASTER..

Is it a safe assumption that 'popular names' are slower? Maybe, then I stand a chance at getting this done quicker.. :D

N400

Hi Guys,

Any idea about the Time line for N400 in Philly
My dates are as follows

Priority Date 02/14/03
Finger Print 04/18/03

Please share

Thanks

philadelphian,
Seeing your post is both good and bad news to me.

Good news is that I have somebody in Philly who applied b4 me and I will get an approximate idea as to when my interview will be, that is ofcourse after you receive urs.
Bad news is that there are applicants who have applied in Feb and interview is not yet scheduled.

BTW, my timeline
PD 31st Jul 03
FP 17th Sep 03

Welcome to the Philly World.. PhillyDude , Jandcn and I welcome you to the N400 Queue! But you are senior to us!!

Depending on which source u quote the current processing applications are for dates ranging from Oct'02 to Sept'03.. On a realistic note it takes abt a year to get Natz in Philly..

Im surprised and dissapointed you have not yet gotten an interview call. What was the proc time on the Application Receipt?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Philadelphian! We will be watching your case with interest so please continue to post. Like the others, I am a little surprised you haven't received an interview notice yet. The notice seems to come at least a month or 2 prior to the actual interview. We hope you will receive it shortly.

Thanks Rahul for posting your experience at Vermont. It was very interesting to get a little inside glimpse. Also, the confirmation of the one year Philly timeline was expected but I must admit I actually become somewhat hopeful yesterday that they were speeding up. Everytime I saw Phillydude's name on a post I was expecting to hear those magic words "I got my interview"

And we wait.......

Best guess - a typo

Next best guess - this is the date they receive the file from Vermont

Final guess - this is the date the mailroom guy drew out of the hat

(no word on your interview date yet?)

rahul kumar

As far as i know u are still awaiting ur interview date and as u mentioned that *** ur FBI name check was still in process*** makes me even more confuse about this process. because i am waiting for almost 5 months after succesfull interview, and i am told that fbi name check is in progress. dont they do it after interview.? and before interview they do fingerprint check and fbi name check after interview.

and on the other hand San Antonio is soooo fast , looks like they dont do fbi name checks, and even if they do their checks go to same Fbi office where NYC office sends their requests, than why this BIG difference of wait, i dont understand this :confused:

Name checks go on in parallel with Interview etc.. They are initiated before interview. Your wait time is unusual from a broad perspective, but may be possible from the Garden City office..

Also FBI checks in my opinion are initiated by the Service Center
rather than district

rahul

OK maybe i dont know garden city's reputation can u tell me how good or bad they are known as backlogged office. if they have bad reputation and backlogged then knowing this would give me relaxed feeling because there will be a reason to wait this long.

because i think garden city is fast if not fast then normal because i have seen ppl getting their oath letter in mail within a month after interview and for Ladies i have seen them getting oath letter in mail with in 14 days from this office.