Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

N 400 timeline

I had my interview on December 8th in Philadelphia. Can anyone estimate the average time till the oath ceremony? Does a name change extend this waiting period?

Thanks,

S.

I had my interview on thursday in the morning. I arrived exactly 1/2 an hour before my scheduled time and there were 5 people before me at the security. The security guard verified my appt letter and my GC. We were told to go on the 2nd floor but after getting there we were asked to go on the 3rd floor. There were about 30-40 people in the waiting area. Many had come with their lawyers. I gave my appt letter to the receptionist and she asked me to take a seat. I had to wait for may be 15 minutes before an officer called my name. He first asked for my GC, Passport and Driver's license. He went over my N400 form and I provided him with few changes that had occured since the PD. Then he went over the naturalization test. He did not ask me if I wanted to take the new or the old one and I also did not realize it until now. He asked me 10 questions and I answered all of them correct. I thought he would stop after 6 but he did not. I was asked to sign both the photos. Luckily the photos I had sent with my N400 application were acceptable to him. He gave me the N652 and told me that I should expect the oath letter in 3 to 6 weeks.

For those who are planning to take Regional Rail get down at suburban station and exit the stairway next to the McDonalds and you will be on the intersection of 16th and JFK. Then walk about 5 blocks North past Arch, Cherry, Race and Vine and the office will be on your left. If you pass the GSK and the CBS3 building, you are walking in the right direction.

Philadelphia - My timeline

Philadelphia D/O
11/01/08 Sent N-400 Application
11/10/08 PD
12/09/08 FP Date received
12/15/08 FP done
mm/dd/yy Waiting for IL

Received a call from an officer yesterday and I was asked if I would like to participate in the special oath ceremony at the City Hall on friday the 6th. He faxed me 3 pages which I need to bring to the ceremony. I had to fax him back a release form. Will let you know how it goes on friday.

I had my interview on Nov 24, requested a name change. Still waiting for an Oath letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview on Nov 24, requested a name change. Still waiting for an Oath letter.

Had my Interview OCT 8 2008 Philly

Got my Letter for Oath on the JAN 12th 2009

OATH CEREMONY was on JAN 28th (NOW a US CITZ)
in PHILLY... Applied for PAsSPOrt on JAN 29th Passport done and on the way back to me.

Give them FEB or MARCH you will get your Oath letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my Interview OCT 8 2008 Philly

Got my Letter for Oath on the JAN 12th 2009

OATH CEREMONY was on JAN 28th (NOW a US CITZ)
in PHILLY... Applied for PAsSPOrt on JAN 29th Passport done and on the way back to me.

Give them FEB or MARCH you will get your Oath letter.
Thanks for the convincing reply. Will keep posted if there is any update.

I tried info pass. Result "Case is approved on Jan 13, waiting to be scheduled for Oath". Not sure how long its going to take.

Hello,

My stats:

Apply: Sep 08
FP: Oct 08
IL: Feb 09
ID: Mar 09

Some questions: Now that I have an Interview date scheduled, does that imply that name check and FP check are complete or will be by the time I go to interview? Additionally, I am trying to gage if all goes well, what type of time frame between oath and interview? I have to travel on business quite a bit and its getting tricky to make all the plans

Hello,

My stats:

Apply: Sep 08
FP: Oct 08
IL: Feb 09
ID: Mar 09

Some questions: Now that I have an Interview date scheduled, does that imply that name check and FP check are complete or will be by the time I go to interview? Additionally, I am trying to gage if all goes well, what type of time frame between oath and interview? I have to travel on business quite a bit and its getting tricky to make all the plans

FP & Name check are DONE. AT the interview, make sure, to beg for an oath date same day if you can, based on your busy schedule.

Philly center - kid friendly?

Hi,
My wife and I have the interview on the same day. We have a 4 year old. Is the Philly center kid friendly ... will it be too much of a trouble to take a kid or is the office kid friendly.

Regards
Ravi