Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Hello guys,

Have been a slient reader and tired of waiting for Labor.

My husband labor was applied on Oct 2002. Our state was cleared in July 2003 and for federal it was sent to Philidelphia. It was then all processing was stopped and backlog reduction started. Until now there is no status on it. When we asked our attroney to provide the case status, they say , they donot have one. My husband is in his 8th yr extn now.

Can anybody advise how to proceed with this ? What details do i need to track my labor at Philidelphia Back lod reduction center ?

Also, his employer suggested lanor sustitution and now we are thinking to go ahead with it. The priority on this is Sep 2003. Incase some time in the future Oct 2002 gets approved, can we still maintain this priority date ?

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hello Visanjguy, I was in your situation until couple of hrs back. I know the feeling and pain of waiting with no end in site. My PD was Jan 02 and it cleared state and went to federal and to backlog center. They lost my application in Dec 06 lawyer determined that(since we never received the 45 day letter) and reinstantiated the application again. I just saw on the website that it got certified. I lost hope and now today I am hoping for the next steps.

I will suggest your lawyer should find out if your applications exists in backlog center(I assume you didn't get the 45 day letter). Based on this if needed they can reinstantiate the application so you will not lose the Oct 02 PD. If you did receive 45 day letter you should have a ETA case # that you can use to track status of your case on ETA website ----- http://pds.pbls.doleta.gov/
Based on what I heard on Labor Certification would be very careful before going down that path. I know couple of my friends had done labor substitution and were able to clear labor.
Good luck and wish you have see a certification very soon !!!

GCGala,

Thanks for your reply.

Could u pls clarify what u mean by this -

'Based on what I heard on Labor Certification would be very careful before going down that path.'

We have not received 45 day letter. Do u think the lawyer will have a ETA# ?
Will they have any kind of case number where we can see the status online ?

Thanks for your time.

Certified PD July 2003

My case shows certified on the website. Still haven't received the notification or letter.

EB3 TR PD July 2003
45 day Letter: Dec 2005

Attorney's Office received Approval documents on/before 3/26/2007

Just wanted to let you all know that my attorney's office has received the approval documents on/before 03/26/2007. I say on/before, because that is when the Paralegal sent me an email saying they got the documents.

My labor changed to certified online on 03/20/2007. So getting the documents within a week is not bad. Only other thing I can think of is they certified it a while ago, but the online status change took longer.

Either way no complaints.

Folks,

It is my turn. As of 10 AM CST my labor status shows certified!!!

Just wanted to let you all know that my attorney's office has received the approval documents on/before 03/26/2007. I say on/before, because that is when the Paralegal sent me an email saying they got the documents.

My labor changed to certified online on 03/20/2007. So getting the documents within a week is not bad. Only other thing I can think of is they certified it a while ago, but the online status change took longer.

Either way no complaints.

This is fast. Lucky luckier luckiest :)

anyone belong to this range

P-05195-24300 to P-05195-24560
out of 260 cases just 20 remaining ,
And I am one of them......
Still waiting.......

Hello guys,
Desperate situation. My labor was applied on Oct 2002 from Delaware and for federal to Phili. No 45 letter until now. My attroney had written to PBEC , but no reply.
Can any one give me PBEC phone number so that i can follow up ? What else can i do ?

Thanks,

Got my screen shot after two days and sender was EXCEED CORPORATION.
My case is now assigned to an analyst.

Last edited by a moderator:
RIR Denial

Received this letter of RIR DENIAL a few months back, and this is what it says:

“Your request for a RIR is DENIED. This request is denied because the employer’s recruitment effort occurred more than 6 month prior to filling the application. Federal regulations 656.21 (i)(1)(i) require that an RIR request contain documentary evidence that within the immediately preceding 6 months the employer has made good faith efforts to recruit …….. You will be contacted……

My lawyer ran recruitment twice (2) for this position. One in June of 2003, and the other one in December of 2003. So, it seems we have DONE OUR RECRUITMENT within those six (6) months. The 2nd recruitment was done just two months prior to filling the application to ETA / DOL.

This happened in Jan 2007.

CAN ANYONE MAKE ANY SUGGESTION TO THIS, PLS?????

Meant to say 'Labor Substitution' rather than labor certification. I doubt if your lawyer will have a ETA # if you didn't receive 45 day letter, but in my case I didn't receive the letter but when laywer contacted and reinstantiated my application they received a ETA# once it was entered in PBEC system.

What is your Priority Date? Recruitment pd needs to be within 6 months preceeding the priority date. Your lawyer will need to submit a recruitment report of all the recruitment efforts (adds)(monster,other websites,eplloyee referral program) and newspaper add (MUST) that clearly show that employer made a good faith effort to recruit American workers. Also you need to put in your report how many resumes (if any) did you receive. Employer does not need to contact candidates if they do not meet the minimum reqs as stated in the ETA 750 (which is usually the best response). But employer must contact and interview all candidates that meet the minimum reqs as stated in the ETA 750. Dont worry and submit a clear and complete response to the NOF. NOFs can be cleared when the response is carefully drafted! GOOD LUCK!

“Your request for a RIR is DENIED. This request is denied because the employer’s recruitment effort occurred more than 6 month prior to filling the application. Federal regulations 656.21 (i)(1)(i) require that an RIR request contain documentary evidence that within the immediately preceding 6 months the employer has made good faith efforts to recruit …….. You will be contacted……

My lawyer ran recruitment twice (2) for this position. One in June of 2003, and the other one in December of 2003. So, it seems we have DONE OUR RECRUITMENT within those six (6) months. The 2nd recruitment was done just two months prior to filling the application to ETA / DOL.

Finally!

Hey guys, just checked status online and saw that my case has been certified as of today, 3/28/07. PD 4/30/01. Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting. Hope you all receive good news soon!

Thanks to Tanveer666 for information that you provided about cases being approved by end of March. It gave us hope.

Does anyone know what the next step is once the case is certified? Please advise.

Kam:)

My Priority Day is FEB '04, and YES we have done all the advertisement twice in the major newspaper in June and Dec of 2003. We also did call all of the applicants and have done a brief interview.
But, after doing all of that and spending the money PBEC had still changed my case from RIR to TR.

Any suggestions??? Anyone?

Thanks SAHIL3 and.....

My Priority Day is FEB '04, and YES we have done all the advertisement twice in the major newspaper in June and Dec of 2003. We also did call all of the applicants and have done a brief interview.
But, after doing all of that and spending the money PBEC had still changed my case from RIR to TR.

Any suggestions??? Anyone?

Same here - just noticed that mine went from "In Progress" to "Data Review" -seems like a backward move. Ideas, anyone?

Not to scare you, but couple of incidence in past - this happened due to some query on lawyer - not on you or your company.

You always have rights to choose another lawyer for case if they find that your lawyer is not compliant with standards.

TO all EB3 Fellows - What you can do to increase VISA NUMBERS

Call 1-800-417-7666 to support the STRIVE ACT of 2007. Tell the representative which section in particular you want to support.

Check out the TITLE V -VISA REFORM - SEC 502 is to increase the country limit. below is the link to what is STRIVE.

link to STRIVE ACT OF 2007 Pdf file - page 384
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...d.php?t=244264

VAGCwaiting
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Original message From Hope 2007 Post,

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...=244084&page=2

================================
Hi all,

The Coalition for Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CCIR) has announced today (3/28) and Thursday (3/29) will be National Call-In Days in support of the Security Through Regularized Immigration and a Vibrant Economy (STRIVE) Act of 2007.

Here’s the official announcement:

Greetings,

Wednesday, March 28 & Thursday, March 29 are NATIONAL CALL-IN DAYS in support of comprehensive immigration reform.

Congressmen Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) and Jeff Flake (R-AZ) have just introduced bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform legislation. The immigration debate is moving forward and Congress needs to hear from you!

Call this number and follow the instructions to connect to your members of Congress:

1-800-417-7666

Tell your representative that we NEED COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM NOW! Comprehensive immigration reform is the solution to fixing our broken immigration system, and now is the time to act. Families, workers, and communities across the country are counting on Congress to get it done, get it right, and do it now.

You can help make it happen with your phone call. JOIN THE EFFORT!

Source: http://www.knightopia.com/journal/?p=674
I hope all of you who encourage the STRIVE ACT 2007 would join the effort try to make this happen.
Thanks And Hope for the Best!
===============================

More than 6 months?

Your recruitment effort must be within 6 moths before you submit your RIR conversion request, NOT before you submitted your original labor application.

If you still can't get it, your recruitment must be within 6 months before Jan 2007.

What kind of lawer do you have ?!

Anyway, even you RIR conversion request is denied, it will still go to TR queue, and you probablly will see your ad on AJB soon.

What kind of lawyer do I have!!!! Let me see....pbbly the same one that most of us have end up with, the once that love money and no resaults. However, some of them our good but most of them dont really care.

The lawyer is telling me that he can prove that everything had been filed on time, and as soon as my case gets assigned to analyst that he will request to be changed back to RIR, casue HE SAYS "it is not his fault."

Can he do this, and overturn it to RIR from TR? Also, do TR cases EVER get certified? What would be the next step?

Received card

Guys,

Finally received the card. Happy and anti climax as well since it was a long long long journey. Good luck to you all.

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
MALAYSIA
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05
NOF issued on Feb 24'06
NOF rebutted March 28'06
Certified on August 9, 2006
Finally received the letter and ETA 750 Part A on January 8’07 with post mark Jan 5’07
I-140(regular)/1-485/I-765/I-131 RD October 16'06
I-757 AD Nov 3’06
I-131 LUD Nov 21’06 AD Nov 27’06
FP November 8'06
I-140 LUD Nov 7’06, RFE Nov 9’06, LUD Nov 13’06 LUD Dec 16’06 (RFE not received)
RFE resend Jan 30’07, Jan 31’07 LUD, Feb 1’07 LUD.
RFE received Feb 5’07
RFE rebutted Feb 7’07
Texas Service Center acknowledged the RFE on February 9’07
I-140 AD Feb 21’07
I-485 LUD 3/20/07 Approval notice sent 3/21/07
Card mailed March 23’07
Received Card March 28’07
:D

Last edited by a moderator: