Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

random thoughts...

I had written to Senator John Kerry back in August when my case had suddenly disappeared (no 45 day letter, 202 number said case closed). His staff helped me get the case re-opened; and since then the intern Kerry's staff assigned to handle my request seems to be on a mission to check my case-status every month and send me a letter with an update (of course, there is hardly anything ever in these updates that I don't already know). Anyway, I got another letter today re-affirming that DOL is on target to complete backlog elimination by September 30, 2007, and don't have an option but to complete it by that date. Funny how they continue to maintain this, even though all statstics that we all are aware of clearly indicate that it would take a miracle, or a drastic change in process and policy to make this happen.

fairboy said:
Gurus,

From DOL website

The prevailing wage rate is defined as the average wage paid to similarly employed workers in the requested occupation in the area of intended employment. This wage rate is usually obtained by contacting the State Workforce Agency (SWA) having jurisdiction over the geographic are of intended employment or from other legitimate sources of information, such as the Online Wage Library.

The requirement to pay prevailing wages, as a minimum, is true of most employment based visa programs involving the Department of Labor. In addition, the H-1B, H-1B1, and E-3 programs require the employer to pay the prevailing wage or the actual wage paid by the employer to workers with similar skills and qualifications, whichever is higher.

Rate of Pay is what the employer offered to pay for the job for which the LC is being petitioned.

Correct me if I am wrong

Can one of you answer my question? My screenshot has all the fields filled up. Out of the fields named 'Rate of Pay' and 'Prevailing Wage', which is the one determined by DOL/OFLC? Can you explain meaning of both those fields? The reason I am asking is I have a PD of Dec '02 and Form ETA 750 has requirements specified as BS + 6 years. Yet, my attorney insists that this is a EB3 as opposed to EB2. I want to convince him otherwise.

Thanks in advance

MA/EB2(???)/Dec '02/P-05241-07XXX

I think it's 202-693-3010.
From experience you won't get any answers. If you're lucky and someone answers the phone they will connect you to mr so & so and that is just a recording.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

kolin said:
Thanks for your reply "agan". Would you be able to provide me the 202 number that is used to call PBEC.

My online status states Certified. Dont know when exactly it changed in the past three days. Will hope and pray for the same for the rest of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the best way to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!!!!
Hope mine comes very soon also. PD 02-05-04.
Everywhere around me are certified people, but....not me... yet.

gamin786 said:

My online status states Certified. Dont know when exactly it changed in the past three days.

I'm with you buddy..

RIR/NJ/May02
45DL replied in Jun06
Online status: IN PROCESS

tanveer666 said:
Is there any body here still waiting with PD 2001/2002 . All the people here who are waiting for their LC with Pd 2001/2002 are requested to raise their hands . I just want to know how maney people are still waiting since 2001/2002 or I am the only one who is waiting as of this date

khogaye said:
I spoke to someone at pbec and came to know that NOF letter has been issued for my case on Nov16,06. However, neither my company nor attorney has received anything. Don't know what to do... after waiting for almost five years NOF and that too has not been received yet.

Is there any time limit to reply NOF? If someone has landed in the same situation, please let me kno.

VA\FEB2002\RIR\EB3\45 DAYS FEB2005

Ya, there is a time limit on replying NOF - 35 days. Your reply should be post marked within 35 days.

manny1 said:
hey

cehckout the latest visa bulletin the 484 priority date has moved to may htat means it has crossed the april hurdle after 4-5 months

not sure if i am right but there a number cases filed sometime in arpril for change of status

and i speculate there will not be many cases after may 2001
since just before BEC formation the cases who had approved labor and priority before dec 2001 were ask to file 140 / 485 concurrent and those who were left behind were the ones whose labor was not approved

Yes for EB3 dates moved by 15 days or so. And now I also suspect, dates will move a lot faster than before. There was a big chunk of April 2001 cases and that is cleared. And because of that only our cases were transferred to back-LONG center, otherwise we (01/02 people) would have got our labor 2 years back.
Moreover there won't be alot remaining from 2001 with just pending 485. So yes, you are probably right.

agron said:
I think it's 202-693-3010.
From experience you won't get any answers. If you're lucky and someone answers the phone they will connect you to mr so & so and that is just a recording.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Most probably, operator will transfer to a guy called Peter J Circum or Mark.
I've the direct number somewhere. Will post it tomorrow, if anyone wants it.

My Case is Denied too..

Hi
My case is DENIED too after a long wait for over 4 years. It is showing up as denied online status view since Nov 22 nd. Didn't get Denial letter nor had I received a NOC letter earlier.
Want to know if you did anything from your side for having the status change from "Denied" to "In Progress" again.
Anyways, Good Luck!!

SWA: NJ
Type: RIR - EB3
PD: 10/02/2002
ETA#: P-05138-247xx
45 day letter Received: 06/18/2006
45 day letter Replied: 06/25/2006
Case Status: Online status showing “DENIED” on Nov. 22, 2006

Blackhole2002 said:
Helpless and waiting to hear any thing good from PBEC. Survived after Last attack from PBEC with online Status "DENIED' and now once again "IN PROCESS". Lets see what would be thier next shot on me.

mssk said:
Hi
My case is DENIED too after a long wait for over 4 years. It is showing up as denied online status view since Nov 22 nd. Didn't get Denial letter nor had I received a NOC letter earlier.
Want to know if you did anything from your side for having the status change from "Denied" to "In Progress" again.
Anyways, Good Luck!!

Blackhole2002 said:
Helpless and waiting to hear any thing good from PBEC. Survived after Last attack from PBEC with online Status "DENIED' and now once again "IN PROCESS". Lets see what would be thier next shot on me.

That is really unfortunate man, don't lose hope. Get in touch with your lawyer ASAP and start communicating with PBEC and start asking questions, why denied, why no NOF etc etc?

You've got to be even more persistent now, follow-up continuously with your lawyer until this is resovled in your favor.

manny1 said:
my PD is Oct 7th 2002

no: 04307-32

u know which category you applied in....i mean job category, i suspect if they are skipping certain categories

My PD is also 10-07-02.

See below which is from PBEC screenshot - that is the job category.

Business Activity: BUSINESS/FINANCIAL MGMT & OPERATIONAL CONSUL

Last edited by a moderator:
MSSK: Talk to your lawyer. Talk to your HR

In my case i told my lawyer and HR both. My lawer sent a email to PBEC to reopen the case. At the same time i my HR called PBEC and left couple of messages. We never received any Denial Letter nor had NOF. After about 10 days it showed "IN PROGRESS". I told my lawer to call to PBEC and fix it, but he told me he would not called PBEC. I was very angry on my lawer. So i told my HR to follow up. But was lucky to get back to " IN PROCESS". Thats all i did.

Hi
Anyways, Good Luck!!

Blackhole2002 said:

Certified

My case # seems to have been certified at last. Thanks to every one here for the moral support.

Thanks,

Case DENIED.. But hopeful!

Blackhole2002 said:
In my case i told my lawyer and HR both. My lawer sent a email to PBEC to reopen the case. At the same time i my HR called PBEC and left couple of messages. We never received any Denial Letter nor had NOF. After about 10 days it showed "IN PROGRESS". I told my lawer to call to PBEC and fix it, but he told me he would not called PBEC. I was very angry on my lawer. So i told my HR to follow up. But was lucky to get back to " IN PROCESS". Thats all i did.

Hi
Anyways, Good Luck!!

Blackhole2002 said:

Thanks for responding!!
I have been getting in touch with my lawyer and HR and persuing them to follow up with PBEC. Lawyer says he has sent an email to PBAC a week ago and wants me to check status online everyday.Well as you know, its hard to push these guys to work on it :(. He is leaning more towards filing fresh LC through PERM.
I am getting a little hopeful after hearing about your case.
Its been a wait and watch game for me :)

only if THEY knew....

IN there canned response [if you've already wrote a letter to pbec and got a reply back then you know what i'm talking about] they say it usually takes up to 4 or more years; depending on your job.

okay but does PBEc has any idea how many lives they're ruining or familes they're destroying but making us wait for 5 years?

Jobs that we've to do for other ppl with no say in it what so ever!....

this is inhumane. but it doesn't matter what us immigrants say. oh well.

arggggggg... :mad:

Re:

wantGCfast said:
congratulations ctcloud - your approval gives me hope - maybe i too will share a happy new year along with you - my ETA # is P-05144-386XX - i hope i am not soo far away - my priority date is 11/nov/04

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wantGCfast, thank you! Yes, you are not far away from approval! Good luck!

Anyone with P-05133-XXXXX

Hi-

I have been trying to track my case which is in PBEC. # P-05133-XXXXX. PD Feb 2002. It shows just "IN PROCESS".

Anyone having this ETA pattern# and got any updates to their labor from PBEC ? Thanks !

Eb2/eb3

Use the attached memo from INS to conivince your attorney. More often attorneys dont want to apply EB-2 because it means more work for them to explain in the application why you qualify as Eb-2

If your attorney is not convinced after reading this attachment, tell him to apply for EB-2 and let INS reject the case, they he can refile as EB-3.

Good Luck my friend.

fairboy said:
Gurus,

Can one of you answer my question? My screenshot has all the fields filled up. Out of the fields named 'Rate of Pay' and 'Prevailing Wage', which is the one determined by DOL/OFLC? Can you explain meaning of both those fields? The reason I am asking is I have a PD of Dec '02 and Form ETA 750 has requirements specified as BS + 6 years. Yet, my attorney insists that this is a EB3 as opposed to EB2. I want to convince him otherwise.

Thanks in advance

MA/EB2(???)/Dec '02/P-05241-07XXX