Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

A case 4 numbers under mine got certified today. I know it doesn't mean much, but it's always good to see something changing in that thing...

My lawyer attended a teleconference about the backlog centers, and the answers were just straight forward: "We're not operating in a FIFO, we won't provide an estimate on individual cases, and we are doing what we can to finish by september 2007". Maybe the backlog center employees just want to keep their jobs as long as they can...

Still "In Process" too

Hi folks and fellow sufferers.... I am "In Process" too...
Applied for the 7th year H1B on October 19th since the 6years will be completed by end of Jan 07.

- Kiran

Case number study

I queried DOL website for 20 case numbers before and after my case number.

Certified 27
Closed 2
Progress 5
case does not exist 7

If one ignores the last category it implies that 80% are certified.

Surprisingly no denials.

I do not know what I should make out of this, I fear that PBEC has moved forward and after a while DOL may deny the balance cases. :mad:

Kopguy
CA-EB3 RIR, PD: Sept 2003
State approval Sept 2004
SF-DOL to Back Log center on Jan 21 2005.
ETA Case No - P-04302-xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi kopguy,

You cannot make anything out of this data, since BECs are not following any fashion related to the case # (I'm not sure if they follow any trend, anyway :D ). You can check the BEC excel tracker posted by manwithnoname and statistical data posted by roma77 in BEC Priority Date Tracker thread; those should give you some idea.

kopguy said:
I queried DOL website for 20 case numbers before and after my case number.

Certified 27
Closed 2
Progress 5
case does not exist 7

If one ignores the last category it implies that 80% are certified.

Surprisingly no denials.

I do not know what I should make out of this, I fear that PBEC has moved forward and after a while DOL may deny the balance cases. :mad:

Kopguy
CA-EB3 RIR, PD: Sept 2003
State approval Sept 2004
SF-DOL to Back Log center on Jan 21 2005.
ETA Case No - P-04302-xxxxx

LC Received

Suprisingly my company has received the LC certified letter in mail today (12/18/2006). It was approved on 12/13/2006. Just five calender days! :D

need advice

Guru's

My company has an approved labor(which i want to use for substitution) ,but dont have the determination letter yet.I will reach the 6 year limit on jan 27th......can I file for i-140 under regular processing with the request for duplicate LC and apply for the 7th year extension?

Thanks in advance,
AC

Last edited by a moderator:
alabor said:
any july,aug 2004 approvals from PBEC??? :mad:

Unfortunately, we haven't even seen some of 2003 go through, along with 2002 and 2001. It seems timing is driven by ETA number, if anything.

Check status site down again. Even tried to go thru typing DOL at the top and searchig thru that the long way thru Foreign labor certification to finally get to the status check. Also not working.

My case got certified today! Just checked it online and it shows certified!!

Actually, no hehe, it isnt certified. I just wanted to see how would it feel to say that. :p

I see nothing but "in process" these days

ZOMG said:

Actually, no hehe, it isnt certified. I just wanted to see how would it feel to say that. :p

After seeing nothing but "in process" for the last 5 months, I think even if my case status changed, my eyes may not note it.

Queries at PBEC just mentions that the case is in-process. Completely callous to our problems.

agron said:
I think it's 202-693-3010.
From experience you won't get any answers. If you're lucky and someone answers the phone they will connect you to mr so & so and that is just a recording.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info my friend "agron".

blues22,
Could you please provide me the direct contact number to PBEC for checking the case status. It would be really helpful for me. Thanks a lot for your info.

sunskiran said:
After seeing nothing but "in process" for the last 5 months, I think even if my case status changed, my eyes may not note it.

Queries at PBEC just mentions that the case is in-process. Completely callous to our problems.

Actually, if your case gets certified online, don't light the cigar until your lawyer gets the letter. I query 2 cases before and 2 cases after mine, and a case ahead of mine got Certified and then back to In Process two weeks later. Poor little fella...

hahahha

ZOMG said:

that just made me laugh really hard..hahahahha...
the reason i say it made me laugh...
cause everytime i come on here...
i become miserable...
but after i read your message...it changed for min or so...
now back to the miserable zone :p

Labor Approed

I am a silient reader to this form since 2003. Today i checked backlog internet and found my labor approved.

RIR NY
PD - Jan 2003
Labor Approved - Dec, 18 2006 :)

Labor approved today!

Hi,
This morning my labor was approved per DOL website. My detail is below:
PD Jul 28, 2004
Case # P-05013-24*** from Atlanta DOL
Cleared at North Carolina state level in Aug. 2004
EB2-RIR
NO NOF as far as I know

Good luck to everyone! :)

July'04 GA Approval

Hi,

My Case status changed to Certified this morning.
Also my collegue's labor approved (his priority date is same as mine)

I will keep you updated once I get my paper work.

This forum has been great help to me.
I hope you all get of this mess soon.

Thank you.