Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

SoR said:
Obviosuly you do otherwise you wouldn't be posting this.

And your reply here is on-topic?

This sentence doesn't make sense. However, if I insulted him, it's only because he said one thing and then went back on his word to say another thing. I do not like that.

No! Wrong wrong wrong. Me, and I would hope many others on this forum came to US because, at the time, it needed lots of IT workers and we wanted to earn US salaries. If you came to this country to be cheap labor, well that's your problem. I came here to make more. And luckily, I am now.

Why are you assuming I'm a guy?
But to answer your question, yes, I came on H1 in 1999. Fast forward 7 years later and US doesn't need as many IT workers anymore. If you don't want to accept that, it's fine with me. But it's the fact. I've seen my friends, american citizens and green card holders, lose jobs to H1 and outsourcing, and none of them were as good as my friends were. All because big corporations (especially Microsoft) want to save a buck or two and get cheap labor. Well, usually you get what you pay for. We've had horrible experience with outsourcing despite what the managers will say. And I've personally interviewed about 60 or so people in the past year or so, for few positions we had opened and couldn't find anyone decent with basic knowledge of stuff we were asking for.
People that knew wanted more money (and none of them were H1 holders).
So we were forced to hire the best of the worst and now life is not nearly as pleasant as it could have been.
Unless outsourcing stops and development comes back, there's no need for more H1s, at least not in the IT field.
How would doubling the numbers help me? There would be twice as many people applying for green card. There would be twice as many people applying for the same job?
Would the government add twice as much money to combat with the problem? I've been here for way too long to answer yes.
Call me selfish as much as you want, I want them to stop adding more H1s, hurting all of our lives and transfer those resources tied up with processing new H1s to eliminating backlogs off all sorts.

It almost seems to me that you are associated with one of the consulting/recruitment companies.

Because I know how they work, I'm been dealing with them every day. Hire cheap people and then place them on high-paying positions ($70/80/90+ per hour) and take $40+ per hour off their rate. Most big companies nowadays have preffered vendor lists so candidates cannot apply directly but have to go through one of these consulting agencies. Racket.
That's why they're all interested in more H1 visas. Get rid of people that want more, and bring in people that are willing to work for less.

I feel pity one does not get the clear message about EB numbers issues. That thread was all about EB numbers issue. Now that issue is over anyway. It was upto the people who feel whether increase in EB numbers helps them or not. If it does not help someone, that is fine too(may be you SoR). Life moves one.

SoR said:
This sentence doesn't make sense. However, if I insulted him, it's only because he said one thing and then went back on his word to say another thing. I do not like that.

By the way, I was never rude or never posted insulting comments at anywhere to you or anybody. If you just do not get the clear message after two or three reply, then my friend, there is something wrong in your understanding behaviour. You comments has forced me to mention here that you (whoever you may be he/she/it) need some protocol lessions.

SoR said:
hire the best of the worst and now life is not nearly as pleasant as it could have been.

Now onwards, I would not waste time judging your intelligence as you just think everybody is worst but you.

Last edited by a moderator:
ny lca june 04 approved

I am not a new reader here, thank you guys for this great job,my husband's lca get approved this morning according online data.

I hope and think everybody will get out of here very noon.
PBEC is speeding up.
45 Day letter replied : Jan, 2006
Philadelphia Case number P-05194-XXXXX
DOL Online Status : certified Dec 11,2006

Congrats ny2004lca! Good luck on i140.

By the way, after LCA, anyone knows how long is i140 taking and if they're still doing PP? My priority date is almost current and I'm beginning to panic because of this length labor cert.

Updated -- immigration law website

12/11/2006: DOL to Proposes Change of Backlog Elimination Date (Errata. Retracted)

There was an error in reporting that the backlog elimination date will be changed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to the readers.

manwithnoname said:
... from immigration law website

Is that a typo? Should the dates be September 2007 and February 2008 respectively?

pkk123 said:
12/11/2006: DOL to Proposes Change of Backlog Elimination Date (Errata. Retracted)

There was an error in reporting that the backlog elimination date will be changed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to the readers.

Better ... besides no change was posted in DOL website either

Please cease this behaviour

Recent posts from users have constituated an unhealthy behaviour in running this thread without edition. Please stop such posts and lets focus on our cases. Thank you for your kind co-operation on this matter.

4th Year Anniversary.

Hi Gentlemen/Women,

I am celebrating my 4th year anniversary today!!!
I hope everybody in this thread will getout off this PBEC hell soon!
Good luck to all of you. :)

Warm Regards, F16

NJ, EB2, RIR
PD: Dec-11-2002
Case: P-05143-33###
45 day letter: Nov' 2005
Online Status: In Process

I celebrated my 5 year and 5 months anniversary yesterday, soon it will be 6 years and the count continues.......

This would be my 2nd anniversary Dec 22, 2004. Compared to you guys 2nd anniversary is like HoneyMoon, but honeymoon was no fun though.

Years pass by and Frustration just keeps increasing

Not many recent approvals these days. Does not seem like BEC will be able to finish in time. Then they will extend the dead line. Many of us will be in last year and beyond. And once the application gets denied for any reason we will be back to our home country.No end to this BEC blackhole.

PD: June 12 2006.
Totally frustrated guy.
Thinking for applying "PERM". Just dont have that courage of spending $7000 lawyer fees and once again asking for help from the company.

EMPLOYMENT: Demand for numbers in the Employment Third “Other Workers” category, as well as the China and India Employment Second preference categories, has been escalating. No movement in those cut-off dates will be possible until the current level of demand subsides.

Priority Date : Dec 30, 2004
State : RI RIR EB2
45 Day letter received:NOT RECIVED :confused:
45 Day letter replied : N/a
Philadelphia Case number P-05206-XXXXX
DOL Online Status : In Process