Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

StressTestInUSA said:
Hi All...

for some reason I dont find the 'homeliness' in other threads as much as I have seen it here,possbily cos we have been hanging in this thread since we have filed our labor...

Couldn't agree more... there are very patient and helping souls in this thread. That's why I keep coming back here myself. I still haven't found the "homeliness" in a 140 forum. In fact I have seen a lot of angry ppl in other forums (especially some forums in immigrationvoice.org)

I think you should be able to get company B to file 140 without actually joining them. I know friends who have gotten thru 140 and 485 without actually joining them. The catch is that you will have to join them once you get your green card.

As for PD you will have to kinda calculate if EB3 might move fater than EB2. Rule of thumb would be you are better off in EB2.

I have a situation if anyone can throw some pointers at it about the possibilties as they become narrow and narrow as years and stages pass by..

1. Filed labor in Dec 2002(EB3) in Company A, left that company in 2003 Joined company B in 2003,which filed labor in Oct 2003.

2. Joined back Company A in Jan 2006 around when I got my 45 day letter,labor approved, felt conquered the world for a while and filed 140 in Oct 2006 reg.process.

3. Was checking thru the 140 threads and realised the bombshell news that the tax returns of Company A since 2002 were all showing 'loss' and as I was not working for half of 2003/4/5, I might get denied this Company A' 140,or else will be very tough to handle the RFE if I get one,so that will be another war to win.

4.My Company 'B' labor shows certified and spoke to the HR and they say I can file for my 140,right now I am not empoyed with them. The attorney says it is a EB2,but I havent seen the Labor petition with my eyes until now as he is the company's attorney,they answer me in not more than 3 words..Once they get the certified one I can clear this doubt.

What r my options and strategy..?

Can I file 140 from company B without joining them..? It has employees of 400 and have good tax returns,so approval of 140 on the basis of 'ability to pay' should not be a problem..

My current H1 which will be the 7th yr will expire on May 18th 2007.

File for 8th yr extn with 'pending 140 application' and get extended till May,2008..and expecting the worst case of company A's 140 getting denied by May 2008,what do I do after May 2008,by then if EB2 dates for India get current fot Oct 2003 I will be saved by my skin.Company B should have a project for me to hire me with my skillset etc...It is not a desi consulting company(Swedish) to understand my dilemma..

Its like as if I am running into a dead-end..!!

I know its some thinking to be done for my case, but please share your thoughts...I am sure many are in the same configuration..

Thanks CA2002...

Although I am done with both my pending labors at PBEC..I still come to visit this forum, it is like my 'maiike'(moms place) for me...!!

jeez..in the other forums,people are just just not bothered even if you scream your lungs out..

for the same reason,I came and posted about being very cautious while filing 140...wish someone had told me earlier in this forum,all in caps,bold and underline..

99% labor can't be denied,but 140 is so so stressful if all the paperwork is not fine,do some R&D for that,you will know what I am talking...Originally prior to May 2004 all 140's were issued RFE and this was creating a backlog for 140's so since then, Yates issued memo to reduce RFE's and make them either approval or denial..so the axe is straight on our neck.....all the long wait at the backlog centres makes no sense...!!

coming to my dilemma...waking up at 4 in the morning with all the 'ifs' and 'buts' of life and plan with these words for the coming year...

planning to file company B 140,extend my H1 based on this pending 140 and not rush the INS officer making my current 140 prem.processing..with the same speed he might deny it...hopefully let him issue an RFE and see then,cant do anything beyond that..

Good luck to all guys here in this thread...dont lose hope..

if your PD is current,check out for the 140 forums..since 140 is prem.process(another blessing,let them take the 1k and we can buy few years of our life..) get prepared for that task...

Hey Stresstest,

Do you know what can cause I 140 to get denied? What are some of standard things to check for?
Are there any advantages to filing 140 in premium if your PD is current? I mean portability with AC21 etc?
Are there any chances of higher rejection with premium processing? Ideally I would like to buy peace of mind with 1.5 K

Lastly, what's the best 140 forum that you visit? I am sure you have scouted the best one out already :)

Take Care

StressTestInUSA said:
Thanks CA2002...

Although I am done with both my pending labors at PBEC..I still come to visit this forum, it is like my 'maiike'(moms place) for me...!!

for the same reason,I came and posted about being very cautious while filing 140...wish someone had told me earlier in this forum,all in caps,bold and underline..

99% labor can't be denied,but 140 is so so stressful if all the paperwork is not fine,do some R&D for that,you will know what I am talking...Originally prior to May 2004 all 140's were issued RFE and this was creating a backlog for 140's so since then, Yates issued memo to reduce RFE's and make them either approval or denial..so the axe is straight on our neck.....all the long wait at the backlog centres makes no sense...!!

coming to my dilemma...waking up at 4 in the morning with all the 'ifs' and 'buts' of life and plan with these words for the coming year...

planning to file company B 140,extend my H1 based on this pending 140 and not rush the INS officer making my current 140 prem.processing..with the same speed he might deny it...hopefully let him issue an RFE and see then,cant do anything beyond that..

if your PD is current,check out for the 140 forums..since 140 is prem.process(another blessing,let them take the 1k and we can buy few years of our life..) get prepared for that task...

Country Limit on Visa?

Any idea of per country limit on the visa number?

Each EB category gets about 40k visas/year, just wondering what the country limit for India would be?

Any idea?

Online status

After this long wait, finally its my time to share a good new.

Online Status changed to certified, today afternoon.
Will keep everyone updated about the actual letter.

Hi Guys,

Good Cheer! Just wanted to brief everybody that I had received my online approval on November 20 and letter on December 8. Just keeping my fingers crossed that my priority date becomes current so that I can file 140, 485 etc together.

With best wishes to all on the forum.

Pd 4/8/2003.
State : Ca
Eb2

Hi Gurus,

I want somebody in this forum to take the initiative and start a new thread which is in continuation for the people who get approved here and can move on there for filing of 140/485, if not both even one but one thread. From time to time some one here can let people know where to meet after you clear this level. Does this sound like a good idea just want to confirm.

State CA
Eb2
Pd 4/8/03

2002calabor said:
Hey Stresstest,

Do you know what can cause I 140 to get denied? What are some of standard things to check for?
Are there any advantages to filing 140 in premium if your PD is current? I mean portability with AC21 etc?
Are there any chances of higher rejection with premium processing? Ideally I would like to buy peace of mind with 1.5 K

Lastly, what's the best 140 forum that you visit? I am sure you have scouted the best one out already :)

Take Care

check on the 'Vermont Service Centre-140 issues' is a sticky by UnitedNations..if you r working with the same employer since you filed the LC and getting paid the LC-mentioned salary you r fine in the 'ability to pay' issue,otherwise they check the tax returns for all those years and some math is involved. The other issue is 'educational evaluations' where the graduation here is 4yrs and ours is 3yrs and + experience = n years of education etc...which might bounce back from the INS..specially Nebraska S.C is famous with this..our fate always has a crooked smile at us..!!

wether it is premium or regular,if the documents r not fool-proof we r bound to get it,but if we go prem.processing I personally think we are rushing the officer to decide on our case..so in my case I just filed in..when I have the courage I will prem.process it..

VA July 2002 Certified

Online status shows "Certified".

Was a silent reader. Had a great time reading what you all had to say. Best Wishes

RIR/EB3/VA
PD: 07/31/2002
Case Source: Region
Case#: P-04275-xxxxx
Online Status:Certified on 12/12/2006

Exactly Correct

When I saw my labor approved I thought everything is fine ..
Now waiting for the approval letter I did some research and then found lot of issues for 140.

Like you said 'waking up in the morning with all the 'ifs' and 'buts' of life"

My lawyer put Masters + 2 years experience

I have only 21 months of experience before the current Job.
In order to make 24 Months, I have to count the Project work Experience that I did during 6th Semester MCA.

Also I dont have the experice letters for that ..

Dont know how it goes .. What you guys think .

Sorry to put this Question in wrong forum

StressTestInUSA said:
Thanks CA2002...

jeez..in the other forums,people are just just not bothered even if you scream your lungs out..

Congrats!

noNews said:
Online status shows "Certified".

Was a silent reader. Had a great time reading what you all had to say. Best Wishes

RIR/EB3/VA
PD: 07/31/2002
Case Source: Region
Case#: P-04275-xxxxx
Online Status:Certified on 12/12/2006

Congrats buddy!! It is always good to see 2002 approvals. Can you please post information on when you received and replied to your 45 day letter.

Thanks and GL for the next stages.

NJJune52002 said:
When I saw my labor approved I thought everything is fine ..
Now waiting for the approval letter I did some research and then found lot of issues for 140.

Like you said 'waking up in the morning with all the 'ifs' and 'buts' of life"

My lawyer put Masters + 2 years experience

I have only 21 months of experience before the current Job.
In order to make 24 Months, I have to count the Project work Experience that I did during 6th Semester MCA.

Also I dont have the experice letters for that ..

Dont know how it goes .. What you guys think .

Sorry to put this Question in wrong forum

Correct me if I am wrong Guys, but I think the experience letter comes into picture while filing for I485 and not while filing for I40. I140 is more of checking the employers credentials. the company's standing etc...

I am sorry to be posting this question in this forum but I am sure that the answer for my question helps everyone here be well prepared with the required documents for I40.

You will need to submit the experience letters to support your approved labor otherwise they might issue an RFE.

Cric said:
Correct me if I am wrong Guys, but I think the experience letter comes into picture while filing for I485 and not while filing for I40. I140 is more of checking the employers credentials. the company's standing etc...

I am sorry to be posting this question in this forum but I am sure that the answer for my question helps everyone here be well prepared with the required documents for I40.

GC_from_NJ said:
You will need to submit the experience letters to support your approved labor otherwise they might issue an RFE.

Do people with MS + 0 also need experience letters? I am thinking it should be only for people listing experience as part of the filing i.e. BS + 5 or MS + 2 etc..

I have a 3 yr Bachelors + a 2 yr master's from a US univ, will this create a problem with the MS degree/EB-2 classification?

July 2004 GA LC - Certified (online status)

Dear friends:

My online status showed Certified this morning. Just wanted to let you all know. Still waiting on all the paper work.

Last edited by a moderator:
huroger said:
StressTestInUSA:

Can using a pending I-140 to file an extenion of 3 yrs H1B? or I have to have an approval of I-140 for the extension of 3 yrs H1B?

I am running out of 6 yrs H1B, I hope the pending I-140 can let me extend another 3 yrs H1B and I don't want to spend $1000 premium.

Thanks

Pending 140 : only 1yr H1 extn
approved 140 : 3 yrs extn..

If your 140 appl. is 100% perfect get in for prem.process and get H1 extn for 3yrs which can also add 3yrs drivers license..

In my case I am paranoid about my 140,if they issue an RFE for more documents and give a second chance I think I am fortunate....

Its my turn....

Finally I see "CERTIFIED" against my case online.

Not sure when it changed, I did see "IN PROGRESS" last week.

4 more 2002 cases of my co-workers got approved, looks like
waiting 2002 guys have something to look forward to....cheer up guys there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Company witholds information

I know it is the wrong forum, however would really appreciate any advice on the following issue: what can be done when the employer witholds information from the employee on the PERM status. I do believe I have received PERM long time ago, however the comapny does not want me to "rush" with further steps therefore withholds the information.

Any advice is appreciated.