Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

frust_pbec said:
Actually , it works sometime during working hours Philly Time.
Naaa, I don't buy that. I have checked status quite a few time over the weekends. Yeh, its possible that they might be scheduling some downtime over the weekend or off hours.

a_yas said:
This the third time i have filed my GC.All bad luck...any way iam a silent reader in this forum.Can any explain what does this number mean
P-05159-585XX

Thanks for your help...

That is your Case number with the backlog system.

It means Philly Backlog center received your case on the 159th day of year 2005. 585XX is the number your case got when it was entered in to the system. Last 5 digits are not bound to the 05159 portion and reset after 99999.

Please post your case details such as Priority Date, State you filed, RIR or non-RIR, eb-2 or eb-3.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 3 categories: RIR, Traditional and Skipped

Isn't it great. Previously everyone was talking about slow PBEC process. PBEC just threw some random approvals and skipped some (I guess ration is 70% - 30%). Now, They are mid 2004 for RIR approval and everyone is talking about Non-RIR cases. They completed forgot SKIPPED cases of 2001 / 2002 / 2003.

manwithnoname said:
I-140 filers with labor substitution, are ineligible for premium processing under certain conditions:

- A second filing of a Form I-140 petition while an initial Form I-140 remains pending;
- Labor Certification substitution requests, unless the original labor certification is submitted with the Form I-140 requesting the substitution; and
- Duplicate Labor Certification requests (i.e., cases filed without an original labor certification from the Department of labor).

Source, immigration-law website.

I dont see what is wrong with it.....

If I understand the second point mentioned. If Original Labor certification(which is the approved copy) is applied with the substitution there should not be a problem.

Not mine yet...

A colleague of mine has her labor cleared as of 10/20/2006 per the site.

Her details once again:
PD: Dec 2002
EB2/MD/RIR
45DL - received and sent mid August 2006
Case No.: P-05119-XXXXX

No change in my status yet.

Question: At what stage in this processing can one get a promotion in his/her workplace ? Do you have to wait for EAD or can you get promoted after 140 approval ? This is an important question, any answer will be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Thanks friend

PD: 04-Dec-2004
MA/EB2/RIR
P-05159-585XX
45-day letter received: August 2005

coolmaro said:
That is your Case number with the backlog system.

It means Philly Backlog center received your case on the 159th day of year 2005. 585XX is the number your case got when it was entered in to the system. Last 5 digits are not bound to the 05159 portion and reset after 99999.

Please post your case details such as Priority Date, State you filed, RIR or non-RIR, eb-2 or eb-3.

Thanks

Webiste down for ????

Does anyone have any ideas about when the website will be back up again?
I tried calling the 202# and got no answers.......anyone with better luck?

labor approved

Hi

My labor is approved,was informed today.Dont know the ETA Case number.

Best of luck for rest in the forum.There were times where i

checked this forum every 30-40 mins...but later decided to forget the whole

thing until it happens.For the last 10 months i have been checking this forum

once in 2 months or so.I think thats probably the way from getting stressed.

Thanks for all the insights.

Congrats

GCTitan said:
Hi

My labor is approved,was informed today.Dont know the ETA Case number.

Best of luck for rest in the forum.There were times where i

checked this forum every 30-40 mins...but later decided to forget the whole

thing until it happens.For the last 10 months i have been checking this forum

once in 2 months or so.I think thats probably the way from getting stressed.

Thanks for all the insights.

Congratulations. Best of luck in the next stages!

NOt exactly..

Hey,
I don't think they FORGOT about the cases. This is the govn't we're talking about. They don't FORGET. If they did then they're facing major law suits. But thats never going to happen. Because they didn't FORGET. The fact of the matter is this "agonizing" wait will end soon. So my friends where you've waited for 4 or 5 years, whats 6 or 9 months?. I mean come on. Think rationally and you'll get throungh this. The PBEC is doing what it can. And this week the number of approvals has risen.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Isn't it great. Previously everyone was talking about slow PBEC process. PBEC just threw some random approvals and skipped some (I guess ration is 70% - 30%). Now, They are mid 2004 for RIR approval and everyone is talking about Non-RIR cases. They completed forgot SKIPPED cases of 2001 / 2002 / 2003.

I hope you are correct...

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
Hey,
I don't think they FORGOT about the cases. This is the govn't we're talking about. They don't FORGET. If they did then they're facing major law suits. But thats never going to happen. Because they didn't FORGET. The fact of the matter is this "agonizing" wait will end soon. So my friends where you've waited for 4 or 5 years, whats 6 or 9 months?. I mean come on. Think rationally and you'll get throungh this. The PBEC is doing what it can. And this week the number of approvals has risen.

Lets hope we all get good news once the site is back up again, which again I hope will not be too long a wait.
Hope is all we have.........right?

CA Labor Approved

My office just receives my labor approval today and the letter is dated 10-18-06 certified by Barbara Shelly. When I checked my status two days ago, it still showed in process. I called my lawer right away, it seems they have not yet received the original copy.

You can only speak for youself

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
Hey,

6-9 months may be just not a big deal for you or some people. But for me, it will decide where I am going to be in the next 5-10 years. I am in the junction of my my career choice. When I applied for Law school (I am a software engineer) in 2003, I assumed that GC would not be a problem because they were at 05/2002 in New York back then. Now without GC, I cannot take internship as everybody else does, which is 100% crucial to find a future full-time job. Even I can get by not doing it, I won't be able to work as a lawyer after graduation without GC because my H1-b will run out at the end of 2007. 21 Century Act won't help and nothing short of a I-485 approval will help.

Now you tell me 6-9 months is nothing? If I cannot be a lawyer, that's a waste of 4 years + $100,000, only to give you a quantifiable figures. So stop playing nice. People are suffering because of those A-R-S-E-H-O-l-E-S!

The answer is different for everyon but I think most ppl who have waited 4 years can and will wait another 9months - 1 year. In you case you have made a significant investment of time and money hoping to get a green card. And yes your situation is difficult but in all honesty I don't see a solution. When our cases got transferred we were dealt a bad hand. My friends whose cases went to DBEC already have their GC. But life is hard and changing from a "non-immigrant" to "immigrant" is really hard.

junelc2002 said:
6-9 months may be just not a big deal for you or some people. But for me, it will decide where I am going to be in the next 5-10 years. I am in the junction of my my career choice. When I applied for Law school (I am a software engineer) in 2003, I assumed that GC would not be a problem because they were at 05/2002 in New York back then. Now without GC, I cannot take internship as everybody else does, which is 100% crucial to find a future full-time job. Even I can get by not doing it, I won't be able to work as a lawyer after graduation without GC because my H1-b will run out at the end of 2007. 21 Century Act won't help and nothing short of a I-485 approval will help.

Now you tell me 6-9 months is nothing? If I cannot be a lawyer, that's a waste of 4 years + $100,000, only to give you a quantifiable figures. So stop playing nice. People are suffering because of those A-R-S-E-H-O-l-E-S!

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
Hey,
Jeez, what are you talking about? if you are really like what you said in your sig that with a PD in 2001 and still defending PBEC's work, you got a problem , bro.
Just give me one reason to justify the work of PBEC, why it is so low and irresponsible and treats a basic rule in fairness like FIFO as sh*t.
Of course I'll wait, what else can I do? yes, I know complainning does nothing. I just amazed to see someone screwed this badly by an agency of govt and still defends it as it is his/her self. Just unbelievable.

Sep 2007?

After all these years, we should atleast be cautious to take any date that DOL gives with a pinch of salt. You are assuming that we all will get adjudicated based on PBEC's deadline. That is not cast in stone and we have seen it in the past.
For many people, even another month may be the last straw on the camel's back. If I could believe PBEC's deadline I would not have been worried. The lack of official communication from PBEC is frustrating. Whatever FIFO they are applying cannot be rocket science. If they publish it it would be such a relief for long-time waiters. Also, the status check thing they have is not of much use to a majority of us. Once you know your case is "IN PROCESS", the rest is your imagination.

MD, RIR Mar 29, 2002.
PBEC Status: IN Process

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
Hey,

ppl are so defensive...

I mean talking about it doesn't do anything, if your cases are going to get approved it will. if not then whatever. FYI I'm not defending anyone why should I? This november 8, 2006 it'll be 5 years. Oh well...who cares?

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
I mean talking about it doesn't do anything, if your cases are going to get approved it will. if not then whatever. FYI I'm not defending anyone why should I? This november 8, 2006 it'll be 5 years. Oh well...who cares?
In all fairness, I am with you. There is nothing one can do about it as we just don't have any avenue to complain. Who cares about us, at least there is hope that within 6-9 months all the people will be out of this bondage which is good thing. We should think it positive that our files don't have to wait for another centrury as it is just few more months.

junelc2002 said:

I agree with you. This delay in labor is messing up my career big time. I have this super cool opportunity for me that I cannot take because of this stupid labor. Although for every approval that I see on this forum, I am glad one person is out of the queue but I also feel bad about my own application. Why are applications being processed out of order? Why is my application not being processed? Is there something wrong with it? Is there something that I can do to fix it? Every day I get more and more anxious. Its so ironic that when I see a posting from someone with similar or older priority date then mine, I kind of feel relieved that it is not just me.

Not that I am just sitting, twiddling my thumbs and venting out on fellow sufferers in this forum. I think I am doing my part and trying to figure out what is going on with my application. I have talked to the congresswomen from my region who pinged the PBEC and got the same response as I did. I asked my employer to fax a letter to PBEC asking the state of my application but PBEC has not responded in any way. I am not sure what else to do at this point.

Just to give you an idea of my suffering, my employer had filed 10 similar application within 4 month time frame as mine. 9 of these applications got approved about 2 months back. Some had PD before me and some after me. Mine still shows up "In Process" on the freaking status check website, a website that does not work half the time.

I don't understand why these guys cannot follow simple FIFO and tell us the exact dates that they are processing so that at least we know when to expect the approval. Seriously, how hard can it be?