Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Mail received after certified

Hi Guys,
After Labor being certified online. For some cases its taking long time to receive the actual mail.

When my lawyer received it today the labor . It stated that it was approved August 15 and got in mail today October 27.

CA/EB2/RIR
PD : October 2002
Philly BEC

One time deal

tyrant said:
I agree with you. This delay in labor is messing up my career big time. I have this super cool opportunity for me that I cannot take because of this stupid labor. Although for every approval that I see on this forum, I am glad one person is out of the queue but I also feel bad about my own application. Why are applications being processed out of order? Why is my application not being processed? Is there something wrong with it? Is there something that I can do to fix it? Every day I get more and more anxious. Its so ironic that when I see a posting from someone with similar or older priority date then mine, I kind of feel relieved that it is not just me.

Not that I am just sitting, twiddling my thumbs and venting out on fellow sufferers in this forum. I think I am doing my part and trying to figure out what is going on with my application. I have talked to the congresswomen from my region who pinged the PBEC and got the same response as I did. I asked my employer to fax a letter to PBEC asking the state of my application but PBEC has not responded in any way. I am not sure what else to do at this point.

Just to give you an idea of my suffering, my employer had filed 10 similar application within 4 month time frame as mine. 9 of these applications got approved about 2 months back. Some had PD before me and some after me. Mine still shows up "In Process" on the freaking status check website, a website that does not work half the time.

I don't understand why these guys cannot follow simple FIFO and tell us the exact dates that they are processing so that at least we know when to expect the approval. Seriously, how hard can it be?

Labor just treat this backlog process as a one time deal so they did not invest enough to make it an efficient system. Once the backlog is cleared, DBEC and PBEC will be closed. All they care now is to process as many cases to meet the deadline of September 2007. U cannot even enquire when the letter was sent if you case has been approved. My case was approved on August 9, 2006 and I have yet to receive the approval letter. You can't do anything about it. They just don't care. My lawyer including myself have faxed Philly and Assistant Secretary Emily DeRocco countless times with no results. Even the staff of US Congressman Scott Garrett agreed with me that this is ridiculous as he was involved following up on my case at Philly. He can't even make anything happened for me by getting himself involved. Bottom line, the Department of Labor just don't care about our agony and pain of waiting.

aycy
PD June 25, 2002
NJ EB2
Approved August 9, 2006
No letter yet....!
:mad:

sorry for u

aycy said:
Labor just treat this backlog process as a one time deal so they did not invest enough to make it an efficient system. Once the backlog is cleared, DBEC and PBEC will be closed. All they care now is to process as many cases to meet the deadline of September 2007. U cannot even enquire when the letter was sent if you case has been approved. My case was approved on August 9, 2006 and I have yet to receive the approval letter. You can't do anything about it. They just don't care. My lawyer including myself have faxed Philly and Assistant Secretary Emily DeRocco countless times with no results. Even the staff of US Congressman Scott Garrett agreed with me that this is ridiculous as he was involved following up on my case at Philly. He can't even make anything happened for me by getting himself involved. Bottom line, the Department of Labor just don't care about our agony and pain of waiting.

aycy
PD June 25, 2002
NJ EB2
Approved August 9, 2006
No letter yet....!
:mad:

I'm really really sorry for u from the bottom of my heart. PBEC simply sucks..

10/2002, CA,EB2, rir

my case was lost and i resend all the signed forms with supporting document again

i got reply from pbec email that they have lost my application so send the application and all the supporting document again
my lawyer had all the info so he just mail these stuff to pbec last week and now i am waiting for their response
if any one has similar case like me please email me at
rocket1@gmail.com so we can track our cases together

Urgent Help!!! I-140 Rejected

Gurus: I know this question does not belong here, but I do know that most knowledgful folks are on this forum as well.

One of my friend from India got his PERM labor approved a month back. His lawyer filed for I-140 premium processing, and USCIS rejected the I-140 citing that "labor ceritifcation required minimum of bachelor degree or equivalent" and even though my friend has a bachelor degree from India but they didn't count it "bachelor degree or equivalent".

Two Question: Does he have any option to appeal etc. He is here with wife (who is almost done with nursing studies) and two kids so what options can he take to stay in USA legally?

thanks a lot in advance.

I wrote a letter to Elaine chao..

wanted to share it with you guys...I just typed this..so if you see any typo please disregard them...here it is..

It said the following....

Dear Mr. XXX:

Your letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine. Chao, was referred to this office for reply. The ETA is responsible for adminstering the department's foreign labor certification program. You requESTED OUR ASSISTANCE REGARDING AN APPLICATION FOR ALINE EOMPLOYMENT CERTIFCIATION FILED FOR MR. XXX XXXX.

THE ETA PHILADELPHIA BACKLOG OTHERWISE KNOWN AS PBEC INFORMED US IT SENT A "45 DAY LETTER" TO THE EMPLOYER OR ITS REPRESENTAVIVE. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH THE CENTER RECEIVED AN AFFIRMATIVE RESPONSE AND THE CASE HAS BENN PLACE IN THE PROCESSING QUEUE FOR TRADITIONAL RECRUITMENT CASES.

ON SEPTMEBER 11, 2006, THE DEPARTMENT INTROUDCED THE BACKLOG PULBIC DISCLOSURE SYSTEM [PDS]. THE PURPOSE OF THE PDS IS TO PROVIDE A VEHICLE FOR EMPLOYERS, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, AND ALIENS TO DETERMINE THE STATUS OF AN APPLICAON. ACCESS TO THE PDS IS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT'S WEB SITE.... www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm.

WE ESTIMATE THE PERMANENT PROGRAM'S BACKLOG CASES WILL BE DETERMINED BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2007. THIS NEW TIMEFRAME AND CONSOLIDATED APPROCACH TO PROCESSING FAVORABLE COMPARE TO OUT OLD METHOD, WHICH MAY HAVE REQUIRE A PERIOD OF FOUR OR MORE YEARS TO REACH AND PROCESS A CASES.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CALL ME AT (202) 693- 2700.

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
wanted to share it with you guys...I just typed this..so if you see any typo please disregard them...here it is..

It said the following....

Dear Mr. XXX:

Your letter to Secretary of Labor Elaine. Chao, was referred to this office for reply. The ETA is responsible for adminstering the department's foreign labor certification program. You requESTED OUR ASSISTANCE REGARDING AN APPLICATION FOR ALINE EOMPLOYMENT CERTIFCIATION FILED FOR MR. XXX XXXX.

THE ETA PHILADELPHIA BACKLOG OTHERWISE KNOWN AS PBEC INFORMED US IT SENT A "45 DAY LETTER" TO THE EMPLOYER OR ITS REPRESENTAVIVE. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH THE CENTER RECEIVED AN AFFIRMATIVE RESPONSE AND THE CASE HAS BENN PLACE IN THE PROCESSING QUEUE FOR TRADITIONAL RECRUITMENT CASES.

ON SEPTMEBER 11, 2006, THE DEPARTMENT INTROUDCED THE BACKLOG PULBIC DISCLOSURE SYSTEM [PDS]. THE PURPOSE OF THE PDS IS TO PROVIDE A VEHICLE FOR EMPLOYERS, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, AND ALIENS TO DETERMINE THE STATUS OF AN APPLICAON. ACCESS TO THE PDS IS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT'S WEB SITE.... www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm.

WE ESTIMATE THE PERMANENT PROGRAM'S BACKLOG CASES WILL BE DETERMINED BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2007. THIS NEW TIMEFRAME AND CONSOLIDATED APPROCACH TO PROCESSING FAVORABLE COMPARE TO OUT OLD METHOD, WHICH MAY HAVE REQUIRE A PERIOD OF FOUR OR MORE YEARS TO REACH AND PROCESS A CASES.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CALL ME AT (202) 693- 2700.

I got the exact same canned reply a couple of months back on my similar efforts to find out my case status through letters and faxes to the higher-ups that warm federal chairs with their sorry behinds.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
I got the exact same canned reply a couple of months back on my similar efforts to find out my case status through letters and faxes to the higher-ups that warm federal chairs with their sorry behinds.

Did you contact anyone in the number provided? what did they say about yours not receiving 45 days letter?

BEC deadline and non-RIR implications

10/28/2006: Deadline of BEC Program on 09/30/2007 and DOL Memorandum to BECs and SWAs on Management of RIR Conversion Program

* DOL is really pressured by the deadline of the backlog labor certification elimination program by September 30, 2007. In order to achieve the goal, DOL has extended RIR conversion program to encourage employers whose traditional applications are pending at the Backlog Elimination Centers in Dallas and Philadelphia. The OFLS has already released guidelines for such employers. The DOL memorandum is apparently intended to achieve smooth operation of conversion requests and consistancies in management such that the employers are not discouraged from the conversion.

labordrags said:
Did you contact anyone in the number provided? what did they say about yours not receiving 45 days letter?
My employer called that number in August and spoke to someone. They dug up my case record and told that the 45-day letter was sent out to both my employer and my lawyer (addresses were also correct) in May'06, but there was no response so my case was closed in June. Neither my employer nor my lawyer ever received the 45-day letter. Anyway, they reopened the case in August, and told my lawyer that the 45-day letter formality can be considered complete. It has been showing IN-PROCESS since.

Lately the DOL has adopted a different strategy to deal with the ad-hoc faxes and letters that come from LC applicants. They simply send another, much shorter canned reply that the LC is owned by the employer, and only the employer can request information. I received this one on my latest fax. The interesting thing is, they are legally obliged to reply to every paper letter or fax that comes into their office. I have always received a reply to each and every letter I have sent, although they are mostly useless and inconsequential!

Deleware DEC Labour Cleared

Hi Friends
My labour from Delaware Dec 02 was cleared on OCT 05.
Recieved the approved labour at lawyers office last week.
Its an EB2 - RIR application.
:)

perfect timing!

Delaware_Dec02 said:
Hi Friends
My labour from Delaware Dec 02 was cleared on OCT 05.
Recieved the approved labour at lawyers office last week.
Its an EB2 - RIR application.
:)
All the best for future steps!!

The status check site is still down. Looks like they purposefully bring down the site.
Anyone have other thoughts??

202 number is always going to voice mail. No idea how to check the status now.

Problem Checking Online Status

I have not been able to log on the the ONLINE_STATUS page since Friday. Anybody else having this problem?
Thanks,
Kiko99

Kiko99 said:
I have not been able to log on the the ONLINE_STATUS page since Friday. Anybody else having this problem?
Thanks,
Kiko99

It seems that the site is down. Let's wait and see :)

2002 + RiR's

If you filed your case in 2002 and it happens to be an RIR then buddies you're in luck... expect to see your approvals...I'll say give or take 2 or 3 months......let me congratulate you ahead of time...

what about 2001 rir cases?

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
If you filed your case in 2002 and it happens to be an RIR then buddies you're in luck... expect to see your approvals...I'll say give or take 2 or 3 months......let me congratulate you ahead of time...

Do I hope for the same too?

What makes you say that?

Waitingfor4+yrs said:

What makes you say that? Though its sweet to hear, its hard to believe unless it happens....

Still "In Process"