Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

NOF Means Notice of Finding

justdoit said:
Received 'NOF - Intent to Deny' - Issued 10/18/2006; Received 10/26/2006
Online Status - IN PROCESS

I attorney received same message regarding my Oct 2002,CA,RIR labor
I ask her what it means she said same as "RFE", Deportment of labor
Called NOF (Notice of Finding) where as immigration department called “REF”
It means they are asking some additional proof or documents...
Example in my case the current company they placed AD for software engineer, When they filled my labor application form some of my experience says programmer analyst, they sent back the application with NOF letter...
Solution for this is my attorney sent as an Amendment letter with supporting documents like experience letters etc..

Try what kind of NOF in your case
Hope we are going get out of this issue very soon.
God bless us

Dol

I called this number to try my luck to get any status on my pending labor (484) 270-1500.
Lady names Miss Jackson picked up phone and suggested to check the link on http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/ -> quicklinks ->Check Backlog Case Status, which we normally use to check the status.
Its completely waste of time. But she said thank you so much to getting attenstion to me and i'll notify dol webmaster regarding this.
That's all. She will not able to help anything further.

ragini_nj said:
I called this number to try my luck to get any status on my pending labor (484) 270-1500.
Lady names Miss Jackson picked up phone and suggested to check the link on http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/ -> quicklinks ->Check Backlog Case Status, which we normally use to check the status.
Its completely waste of time. But she said thank you so much to getting attenstion to me and i'll notify dol webmaster regarding this.

I sent an email to the webmaster but did not get an answer either :(

Q

No new approvals in last few days ???

Have they gone back to the TR queue to 2001 and remainder RIR from 2001-2-3 ??

The web site does not seem to work any longer ..any clues ??

Too many questions ..I have no answers to offer guys..

2002 + RiR's quick approval ??

Hey Waitingfor4+yrs
How do you know that 2002 RIR cases will be approved in 2-3 months?
Did you or your lawyer got any feedback from BEC or DOL?

Its good to hear though, but I would NOT like to get my hopes raised again just to be doused later.

hopes?

well my fellow waiters, I think you should get your hopes up high as much as they can go..no joke....by the reason I came to this conclusion is because of so many approvals from 2002 which happen to be rir...so if you get your hopes up high..I won't blame ya..plus you deserve it.

Priority date portability

Gurus, I found the following in Murthy chat transcripts:

Question: Hello. I wanted to know if a priority date can be transferred after I-140 approval from one application to another, even if one has never worked for the first employer.

Answer: Yes, a person is able to use the priority date from one case to another only after the I-140 petition has been approved for that person in her/his own name. This is irrespective of whether the person has ever worked for that employer since the GC is based on the concept of a future job offer. Sep-12-2005.

Would it be a safe interpretation that I can leave my current employer with pending LC, join a new one, convince the current employer to file for I-140 after pending LC is approved, get 140 approved and use this priority date for GC processing with the new employer.

I am a bit confused because when I talked to Rajeev earlier this month on this issue, he sent me a note that read as follows:

CHANGING EMPLOYER BEFORE I-140 APPROVAL
If a person changes employers before obtaining I-140 approval, they can carry NOTHING forward to the next employer. They have to start their labor certification all over again with the new employer. There are some very limited exceptions ....

This note made me believe that I need to have I-140 approved from the previous employer before leaving otherwise I carry nothing. May be I am interpreting this incorrectly. I would really appreciate any help and official pointers in this matter.

tyrant said:
Gurus, I found the following in Murthy chat transcripts:

Question: Hello. I wanted to know if a priority date can be transferred after I-140 approval from one application to another, even if one has never worked for the first employer.

Answer: Yes, a person is able to use the priority date from one case to another only after the I-140 petition has been approved for that person in her/his own name. This is irrespective of whether the person has ever worked for that employer since the GC is based on the concept of a future job offer. Sep-12-2005.

Would it be a safe interpretation that I can leave my current employer with pending LC, join a new one, convince the current employer to file for I-140 after pending LC is approved, get 140 approved and use this priority date for GC processing with the new employer.

I am a bit confused because when I talked to Rajeev earlier this month on this issue, he sent me a note that read as follows:

CHANGING EMPLOYER BEFORE I-140 APPROVAL
If a person changes employers before obtaining I-140 approval, they can carry NOTHING forward to the next employer. They have to start their labor certification all over again with the new employer. There are some very limited exceptions ....

This note made me believe that I need to have I-140 approved from the previous employer before leaving otherwise I carry nothing. May be I am interpreting this incorrectly. I would really appreciate any help and official pointers in this matter.

Ah.. forgot to mention, this note also says:

CHANGING EMPLOYER AFTER I-140 APPROVAL
If a person has received an I-140 approval through an employer, the priority date then permanently belongs to him or her. Under very limited circumstances (such as fraud) INS may revoke the I-140 thus causing a loss of priority date.

If such a person changes employers, their priority date will remain the old one, even though they have to process their labor certification and I-140 again with the new employer. It does not matter where in USA the new job is located, what the new job title is or whether the new job falls under EB-2 or EB-3. The priority date is still transferable.

This makes me believe that priority date can be carried over if you switch job after I-140 approval but not before I-140 approval (even though I-140 may get approved after you leave the old employer and before you apply for your 485 with the new employer).

I got my LC early this month.

Just to share with you all that I got my LC 10/09/2006. Now will be in another long line of Q on I-140.

Thank you everyone, especial these helped me when my case was in closed status. Thanks a million!

Good Lucky for all,

CA-EB-RIR
PD: 12/02/2003
ETA: P-04324-07XXX
Case Source: Region
Priority Date: 12/02/2003
Case Received Date: 12/08/2004
45DL Sent: 03/10/2005 - Attorney & Company did NOT receive it
Notice of Case Closure: 11/21/2005
Re-opened: 03/01/2006
LC Approval: 10/09/2006

Last edited by a moderator:
GCkiTalash said:
One of my friend from India got his PERM labor approved a month back. His lawyer filed for I-140 premium processing, and USCIS rejected the I-140 citing that "labor ceritifcation required minimum of bachelor degree or equivalent" and even though my friend has a bachelor degree from India but they didn't count it "bachelor degree or equivalent".

Have you submitted document(s) on Educational Evaluation, like those from Morningside?

ragini_nj said:
Thanks. It looks like because of you, the website is back.

Nothing seems to be happening with Non-RIR cases

Guys,
My attorney has suggested me to convert to RIR from NON RIR right away, as nothing seems to be happening with the Non RIR cases. they have suggested a fee of $550.00.

Any suggestions might help.

RC

Uhhhh...

RC0878 said:
Guys,
My attorney has suggested me to convert to RIR from NON RIR right away, as nothing seems to be happening with the Non RIR cases. they have suggested a fee of $550.00.

Any suggestions might help.

RC

WHOA..THATS A SHOCKER...I ACTUALLY CALLED MY ATTORNEY REGARDING THIS SAME MATTER BUT UNFORTUNETALY SHE WAS WITH ANOTHER CLIENT SO I GUESS SHE'LL CALL ME BACK...AT LEAST I'M HOPING. ANYWAYS, THAT FEE IS WAY TO HIGH. THATS PREPOSTEROUS! I was thinking of converting my case as well since all the approvals seem to be RIR's. Anyone else want to shed some light on this? Appreciate it.

My Labor got certified as of today morning from the online status information after a painfull wait of 3 Years 6 months and 8 days.

hmmmmmmmmm, :eek: I am not sure if the substitution has been applied yet for my I-140. Where I went through the extra pain of paying 1000$ for premium process and 950$ for education evaluation.

Million doallar question, :confused: now looking at some cases where it took a month or two to get the actual letter in mail should I wait for the approval or proceed with substitution.

Details in my signature. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
narayana_pan said:
Hi ALL
How much time PERM LC Processing Takes after filing??

PERM ranges from a few days to a few months .... one of my friend got his in less than two weeks, EB3 category.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
In my company also two collegues got PERM approval in less than 2 weeks.

It sucks when the company refuses to go for PERM :( We could be out of this hole in no time but I guess they'd rather see stay in this enslaved state ....