Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Let's do something together

Dear Friends,

Have you been waiting patiently to get your green card through your employer? Do the following quotes somewhat echo what you are going through? “My labor certification has been pending at the DOL for over 3 years”, “My priority date is Dec. 2003, but it seems like it take 3-4 years before my turn to apply for I-485 comes up”, “I am in my 9th year extension, and unable to accept promotions, or change jobs, because if I do, I will lose my priority date and have to wait another decade for my green card.”

If the above quotes sound familiar, then please know that you are not alone. You are in the company of over ½ million people stuck in the endless backlogs and bureaucracy. Recent data on backlogs indicates that as of April 2006, 255,000 applications were pending at the DOL – some since 1999. Per latest Ombudsman's report, there are between 170 to 230 K applications pending at the USCIS. Just one glance at the numbers is sure to send shivers down the spines of most individuals who haven’t even entered the green card queue.

With unbounded passion and a sense of urgency few individuals came together in December 2005 to form Immigration Voice (IV). IV’s mission is to resolve this crisis facing numerous highly skilled, and highly educated individuals and make lawmakers aware of the issues that have adversely affected the quality of life for our members.

IV has successfully lobbied Congress to enact sensible legislation that will clear backlogs, reduce wait time, and improve the quality of life of individuals. IV has played a key role in the following very positive changes: (1) Removal of 10 % hard country quota from Comprehensive Immigration Reform legislation. We made lawmakers aware of this issue so it will never arise again. (2) Inclusion of IV’s goals in the bipartisan Managers' amendment to CIR viz, (i) I-485 filing without visa number availability, (ii) 3 year H-1B and EAD/Advance Parole extensions for green card applicants, and, (iii) Generalization of Science-Technology-Engineering-Mathematics (STEM) exemptions to more applicants. This item also greatly serves the national interests of the US.

IV has also raised awareness about backlogs and bottlenecks in the legal immigration process through an aggressive publicity campaign in the print and broadcast media (Washington Post, Roll Call, WSJ, MSNBC, amongst many others). IV core members continually engage the media on a regular basis to raise awareness.

IV works closely with Quinn Gillespie and Associates (QGA) to generate awareness amongst lawmakers of our cause and to create bipartisan support for it, but we need a significant membership base as well as a tremendous financial muscle. The lobby opposed to legal immigration is very strong, and has extensive reach on the Hill. We need to raise funds with great urgency and vigor to keep up the struggle and strengthen our partnership with QGA, without whom our success is limited.

All members of IV are bonded by the same problems arising from the backlogs in legal immigration. The unwavering and unfaltering commitment of the IV core team, and the support shown by our members, both monetary and in spirit, has propelled IV to succeed and hardened the core team’s resolve to continue this work until our goals are achieved.

IV’s membership has grown to more than 6000 members in about 7-8 months, but this number pales in comparison to the half million people currently in some stage of their green card process. We urge you to join us and become a member of Immigration Voice. You will receive regular updates and inside news of several activities that IV is undertaking in Washington DC. Moreover, you will get the satisfaction of being part of this important effort, which has a good chance of succeeding, and be able to share your worries as well as get solutions to your personal queries through our free ask-a-lawyer conference calls.

Please visit www.ImmigrationVoice.org and see first-hand the enthusiasm and energy of our existing members who are contributing their time and resources to a very important cause. We are sure you will join us.

Thank you,

IV Team

Immigration voice is a non-profit 501 (c) (4) (pending) organization. All of IV’s financial transactions will be audited by a CPA, submitted to the IRS and the results of the audit will be released. Final IRS returns will be posted on the IV forum at the end of the fiscal year as soon as they are available.

March 2004

I just saw on trackitt.com an approval today for EB3-RIR, Maryland SWA with PD 03/13/04.

It is in line with the estimate in the tracker :)

msp1976 said:
All

The PBEC caught on the fact that some of us are using the screen shot to check on the status. They have stopped including the status field since a few months back...

So guys..chill....

:cool: :cool: :cool:

You can get whatever status from their website....

Also try to avoid asking for the screen shot too many times...
There is another human at the other end...and that human is dumb and bored and thinks that he/she is overworked and underpaid...but has some nusiance value....So hold onto your horses...I had read some cases when some folks complained that they asked for the screen shots 3/4 times and their queue changed from RIR to TR...That could be a difference of a few months in your certification so again...chilll...

-- :cool: :cool:

This happened to me, from RIR to TR only because I contact my congress representative. Still trying to fix the mess since two months ago and no answer so far. (Oct 2001, RIR). No matter what we do, we can't win.

No result in last 2 days

Hi all,

There is no approval from last 2-3 days.
Looks like PBEC is again on its old track .
Let's pray for everyone and we all should get out of this mess
ASAP
Best of luck to all

Thanks

arc_sap said:
Hi all,

There is no approval from last 2-3 days.
Looks like PBEC is again on its old track .
Let's pray for everyone and we all should get out of this mess
ASAP
Best of luck to all

Thanks

I have read on murthy bulletin that they mostly receive approvals on mondays and tuesdays. I also think that our population is thinner for the PDs currently in the pipeline. See my post above for 3/13/4 approval.

NYC2001 said:
Now I am freaking out! I requested a screen shot in september and in october....i really hope I haven't jinxed mine. I think I have been patient long enough so maybe i will revert back to being patient and hope i see a ray of hope soon enough........

From your PBEC number looks like that found your case a little bit late and entered it on 88th day of 2006..You should try calling the 202 number along with your employer...I donot have the heart to tell you to be patient...

You have to do something but just make sure than you always sound polite...You got to make suer that you donot get onto the wrong side of someone..You see ..there is no arguement against power..They have the power and we have to somehow sqeeze our thing through...

jaysai said:
Greenways,

Did you request for update thru' info or thru h17yr?

Thanks

I just sent a general request to 'info & h17yr' ids. Got automated responses from both PBEC & DBEC (don't know how) before 3 weeks and was in hibernate mode before this one.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
This indicates that you might celebrate your Diwali (tomorrow) with approved labor. It is really close.

Thankyou PBECIsKillingMe. But still it is BEWALI - Brutal Encounter with ALIens.

Hoping we all get out of this mess soon !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dedo said:
Greeways/other member - Can you tell me where in the Screen shot do you see the case status? In my screen shot from Sept, i see all the fields entered above except that there was no field for case status. However, when i called the 202# the guy told me that it was under final review, but that was 1.5 months ago :confused:

It was not in my last screen shot (this june).

Certified - Atlanta, GA

Hi All,

My LC has been certified according to the status check website. This is an EB3 case but I found a new employer in CA who can file PERM in EB2. I am on the 7th years now. I have about 10 months left on the 7th year.

Do you guys think that it is a good move and doable?

Thanks,
MT

ETA Case Number:
P-05011
Priority Date:
02/24/2004

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
Region

Occupation Title:
software engineer
Occupation Code:

Visa Type:
H-1B

Nationality or Citizenship:
SRI LANKA

Case Received Date:
02/24/2004
Processing Center:
Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Case Status:
RIR

Please add me

Please add me in the tracker

Here is my info:

Type: EB2 - RIR
SWA: NJ
PD: 04/26/04
RD: Never made it
45 DL Received: 12/xx/05 Replied: 12/xx/05
ETA# P-05164-62XXX
AD: IN PROCESS

snapshot

Hi,
Does anyone know what format should be asked in h1b7yr or info e-mail to get the case status.

When I last tried it , the reply didn't show the case status.

Thanks in Advance

Traditional Recrutiment....???

I wrote to Elaine L. Chao and got a response back. No need to get excited she just repeated everything I already knew about my case. The thing is I never knew my cases was in the processing queue for Traditional recrutiment. What exactly is that? Can anyone please respond on this matter? I'll appreciate it.

She also said the following:

WE ESTIMATE THE PERMANENT PROGRAM'S BACKLOG OF CASES WILL BE ELIMINATED BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2007. THIS NEW TIMEFRAME AND CONDOLIDATED APPROACH TO PROCESSING FAVORABLY COMPARE TO OUR OLD METHOD, WHICH MAY HAVE REQUIRED A PERIOD OF FOUR OR MORE YEARS TO REACH AND PROCESS A CASE.

My case was certified.

I would like to share with all of you that my case was certified. Herein is my information:

ETA case number: P-05012-XXXXX.
Processing Type: RIR.
Priority Date: 03/10/04.
Florida State.
It went to Atlanta in 06/04.
45 day letter: April 2005/Replied April/2005.
Processing Center: PBEC
Online Status: "Certified".

I wish good luck to all of you who are in the same situation I was for almost three years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Online Certified...now what next..???

Hello,

I have checked first time my labor statu online on SEPT 19 2006 and since then it is showing CERTIFIED....

But till now it is not received at my company...I have checked with my immigration lawer..but he also says not recieved....

Can any please tell me how much time PBEC (DOL) takes time to send the certified labor after their web site shows Cetified...????

Please also let me know if we need to contact someone at PBEC???

Thank You

My PD is jan'04.

Is your case EB2 or EB3 ?

Buhocol said:
I would like to share with all of you that my case was certified. Herein is my information:

ETA case number: P-05012-XXXXX.
Processing Type: RIR.
Priority Date: 03/10/04.
Florida State.
It went to Atlanta in 06/04.
45 day letter: April 2005/Replied April/2005.
Processing Center: PBEC
Online Status: "Certified".

I wish good luck to all of you who are in the same situation I was for almost three years.

2004 Approvals from PBEC

Hi,

I just heard from a friend of mine who is waiting for his labor (CA/RIR/EB3/PD-June 2003) that a colleague of his got approved with a PD of Jan-2004 the only difference according to him between his case and his colleague's is that his colleague had a Masters (MS) degree.

Just wanted to post this and get everyones response if this is generally true of all recently approved cases from PBEC from 2004. Anyone who has received approvals recently from PBEC please respond.

I think the general traits of cases getting approvals from 2004 are RIR/Regional/Masters Degree, Am I correct ?

thx

update

You can update me in the tracker.

heresmine
RIR
SESA CT (never made it to regional)
PD 11/3/03
ETA Case # P-05143-*****
Online status certified as of 10/20/06