Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Aug 2004 labor approved

My collegue's Aug 2004 labor is approved from PBEC

PD - 08/2004
State - PA
EB2

Online case status shows 'Certified'

Thanks

My status can be changed now in the tracker!

Just wanted to share with everyone here that my online status changed to "Certified" on 9/29. Haven't received any paper yet, will let you guys know when it comes.

Now thinking of next step, I have a question for the gurus:

On my LC advertisement it says the following:

"B.A Degree in Economics or Business Adm. With two years experience in job or M.B.A in Economics or Business Adm. With 1 year prior experience in job."

I did have MBA plus several years of experience before I was hired. Do you guys think I can try to concurrently file under EB2? It matters a lot to me since EB2 is current for my priority but EB3 is not.

I will definitely discuss the matter with my company's lawyer and let you guys know what will happen, meanwhile your guys' input would be highly appreciated.

srinivas_o said:
Gurus,

From the 7th year extension screen shot, my rate of pay is $200 less than the Prevailing Wage. Is that going to be any problem in approving my labor?

Thanks in advance for your response.
No worry.
The wage can be 5% less than the prevailing wage so unless your annual salary is less than 10K you should be fine.

MDwatch said:
That's the first time I hear this one ... any source to confirm the rumor ?
MDWatch,
Take a look at the AJB postings unheard of SIXTY postings that too on a weekend. May be it is just pertaining to NON-RIR but hey 60 is 3much. Must be some statistics that they have show before the end of the month or their supposed to be last year begins :) .

Labor Conversion Question.

Hi All,
I have a question on converting my labor pending in PBEC to PERM.
The thing is my EB3 labor - PD is May 2002, pending in PBEC. Is there anyway I can convert this existing application to PERM so that I dont lose my priority date. Also can I change the category of labor to EB2.
This way, I wont lose the PD, I'll get my labor thru PERM and also 485 is current for that PD in EB2 category.
Let me know your suggestions.
Thanks.

sbdol said:
No worry.
The wage can be 5% less than the prevailing wage so unless your annual salary is less than 10K you should be fine.
-----------
From Murthy's last newsletter:
The BPCs have started working on the backlogged labor certification cases that were filed under the traditional system, rather than as reduction in recruitment (RIR) cases. For these cases, they have started issuing advertising instructions. The cases will be subject to current rules that require offering 100 percent of the prevailing wage, rather than the older system that allowed for an offer of 95 percent of the prevailing wage. The BEC will include a prevailing wage determination with the recruitment instructions. Many cases were filed using the traditional system, immediately prior to the start of the PERM labor certification system. These cases were filed at the last minute, where there was not time to engage in a recruitment campaign. Many of the cases that were filed before the April 30, 2001 deadline, to take advantage of 245(i) for those who had failed to maintain legal status in the U.S., were also filed using traditional recruitment.

How do we know whether our case is filed under EB-2 or EB-3 ? What are the factors which DOL takes into account to certify a case under EB-2 or EB-3 ? Is it the DOT Code, Job Description etc ???

Could somebody please clarify ???

Carefree said:
Just wanted to share with everyone here that my online status changed to "Certified" on 9/29. Haven't received any paper yet, will let you guys know when it comes.

Now thinking of next step, I have a question for the gurus:

On my LC advertisement it says the following:

"B.A Degree in Economics or Business Adm. With two years experience in job or M.B.A in Economics or Business Adm. With 1 year prior experience in job."

I did have MBA plus several years of experience before I was hired. Do you guys think I can try to concurrently file under EB2? It matters a lot to me since EB2 is current for my priority but EB3 is not.

I will definitely discuss the matter with my company's lawyer and let you guys know what will happen, meanwhile your guys' input would be highly appreciated.

Online status check

Online status check NOT working for me :(

Is it working for anybody else ? I don't know why this happens to me all the time
:confused:

GC_from_NJ said:
How do we know whether our case is filed under EB-2 or EB-3 ? What are the factors which DOL takes into account to certify a case under EB-2 or EB-3 ? Is it the DOT Code, Job Description etc ???

Could somebody please clarify ???

It's determined by the advertisement on your LC application, master degree or bachelor degree plus 5 year experience, my understanding is next step, on form I140, there is a box to check EB2 or EB3.

ThirstyFish said:
Online status check NOT working for me :(

Is it working for anybody else ? I don't know why this happens to me all the time
:confused:
They sometimes bring the sytem "offline" to update. I tried it 10 minutes ago and it did not work, but, I tried it 2 minutes ago and it worked fine, sory to say mine still in process.
Cheers,
Kiko99

I had checked my LCA and it has been advertised as BS + 5 so does it mean that it is EB2 ? Can DOL change it to EB3 under any circumstance ? Does Rate of Pay or Prevailing Wage play a role in determination of the case ?

Any input will be greatly appreciated ?

Carefree said:
It's determined by the advertisement on your LC application, master degree or bachelor degree plus 5 year experience, my understanding is next step, on form I140, there is a box to check EB2 or EB3.

online status check still not working :(

Kiko99 said:
They sometimes bring the sytem "offline" to update. I tried it 10 minutes ago and it did not work, but, I tried it 2 minutes ago and it worked fine, sory to say mine still in process.
Cheers,
Kiko99

Thanks. But its still not working for me :confused:

Anybody with May 02/VA EB3 - RIR still there with online status "In Process"?

Anybody still there with their PD's around mine with online status as "In Process"?

check the MDwatch tracker

kiran00 said:
Anybody still there with their PD's around mine with online status as "In Process"?

Kiran, Check the online tracker - there are quite a few guys waiting including me :mad:

Online Status- Certified

Online status --Certified.

Please see my signature for case details.

Thanks guys for the support, and wish you all good luck.