Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Have you had any success after you contacted senators?

Days_go_by said:
2002calabor said:
I definitely would not discourage anyone from approaching senators. But the most response ppl have received from politicans is canned responses that talk about immigtation in general. I am yet to see anyone in this forum who has benefited from approaching senators. This is as far as independent efforts go. As for organized efforts, I am up for orgainized efforts. We can work with immigrationvoice and try to work with PBEC to get things at least in FIFO.

-----
you are right, first time i talked to them last year they didn't know anything about DOL or our problems. That's why we need to write more often, more than one letter and highlight how long u have waited and what is going on with DOL.
Staffers for senators are very smart people, they will understand the problem and they will remember you.
You could consider meeting them directly, just set up an appointment and go and meet the staffers.

You can definitely work with IV, I am a volunteer for IV . Even though IV's focus is on retrogression they have tried to raise DOL issues with lawmakers. See IV is a volunteer org, I could encourage you to join in, but even with IV we have to do the most work, IV can help us with some resources (not money, but contacts), some insider info, but we have do organize and do all the work.

How can I tell my case status from e-mail reply?

I am new to here and really appreciate everyone's contribution to this forum. I learned a lot from this forum. I wrote to the 7th year extension e-mail address to get screen print lately. I got reply the next day. But how can I tell if my case has been certified? I did got occupation code field filled. Does this mean anyting?

What piss me off is that they put the case receiving date into 7/25/2030. Does this matter? The PD is correct.

I dial the 202 number but got voice message. How could I talk to any specific person? Get names?

My PD is 6/25/2003 (RIR EB2)

Thanks everyone!

I really whish I were wrong, and this is only a coincidence, but Big Brother does not want people from 2001 get out of this “legal” standby and get through the Green Card process in the next three months.
If you look at the trend, you will see that most approved cases from 2002/3/4 are from countries affected by retrogression, which will prevent this people to complete the GC cycle in the next two years or so.
Why do you think mistakes like “closed case”, “missing case”, “Wrong data Entry “… etc, mainly only affect 2001 cases?
Our only hope is to organize a demonstration in front of the PBEC by the end of Sep. (Sep 29 Friday is a good option) and at the same time overwhelm PBS and 60 minutes with communications about the Nazi treatment we enjoy from the PBEC. We have to focus our complaints in three points: outrageous delays, cruelty through silence and misinformation and failure to follow FIFO procedures.

We have to direct the attention of any of those channels to our web site, in order to educate them into the complex issue of legal immigration. We have to get on the news no matter how. What they are doing with us is a crime and I prefer to die fighting than living on my knees.

Now: How do we attract people to the demonstration?

How to read the priority date?

I have a summary of my green card history. Can you please let me know which one of these means PRIORITY DATE? I know that "Date LC Forwarded to DOL Region" is the one that means DOL receipt date.(I guess) But which one is the Priority date???

Date 45-day Letter Received from BRC:
Date Response to BRC 45-day Letter Filed:
Date RIR Draft Sent to Visa Beneficiary:
Date RIR Draft Forwarded to Manager:
Date RIR Received from Manager:
Date RIR Received from Visa Beneficiary:
Date RIR Final Forms Sent to Manager:
Date RIR Final Forms Received from Manager:
Date Posting Sent to Manager:
Date Posting Received from Manager:
Date RIR Final Forms Sent to Visa Beneficiary:
Date RIR Final Forms Received from Visa Beneficiary:
Date RIR Packet Sent to Company for Signature:
Date RIR Packet Received from Company:
Date LC Sent to State Office:
Date LC Forwarded to DOL Region: :confused: :confused:

What After 45 Day Letter?

HI EVERYONE, I M NEW TO JOIN THE FORUM, BUT IN SAME BOAT AS MANY OF YOU FOR A LONG TIME. MY PD IS JAN 04 AND GOT MY 45 DAY LETTER ON MARCH 20 2006, WHICH WAS PROMPTLY REPLIED. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? I AM STILL CONFUSED AS MANY OF YOU OUT THERE..... :confused:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL..

LC approval

Hello guys,

Got the good news yesterday from my employer and the lawyer that my LC got certified. I cannot believe I waited close to five years for this to happen. Following is the strategy I used to get my labor approved.

Aug 8: I got my employer to write a letter asking for the status of my application. Letter also included a line that such a prolonged delay in review of my application not only adversely affects my career but also affects the institution.

Aug 12:I got the staff of the congressman to write a similar letter.

August 14: CHanged my username over here from gcby2020 to Very_Hopeful (With PBEC take no chance. Even becoming superstitious helps :))

August 16: Sent a email to PBEC to update my address.

On August 31 got the magic phone call (that I had been waiting for last five years) from my lawyer

Details of my LC:

ETA Case Number: P-05123-88***
Priority Date: 12/10/2001
Processing Type: EB2-RIR
State: New York
Date of reply to 45 day letter: 8/18/2005
Date Case assigned to analyst: January 2006
Approval Date: August 24, 2006

I don’t know which of the above measures helped. But I urge all the 2001 cases to get help from their employers and congressman/senators. Thats the only way their cases will be certified.

I thank everyone for their constant support. I will keep visiting. Now onwards to filing for I-140. Unfortunately for me visa numbers are currently unavailable. But I will reserve that worry for a later date.

RIR or Non RIR

Hey Everyone,
I think I'm the only one on here who doesn't know if my case is RIR or NON RIR. Can any one PLEASE tell me how can I FIND out, if my case is RIR or NON RIR?...I really need to KNOW. Your help will be appreciated. THANK YOU. :confused:

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
Hey Everyone,
I think I'm the only one on here who doesn't know if my case is RIR or NON RIR. Can any one PLEASE tell me how can I FIND out, if my case is RIR or NON RIR?...I really need to KNOW. Your help will be appreciated. THANK YOU. :confused:

If your employer filed your LC after the ad published in a daily newspaper and conducted a so called six-month recuritment and filed your LC, then he must have filed under RIR. If none of the above was done, then I would say it was filed under NON-RIR.

Regards,
LaborDrags

isendnear? said:
HI EVERYONE, I M NEW TO JOIN THE FORUM, BUT IN SAME BOAT AS MANY OF YOU FOR A LONG TIME. MY PD IS JAN 04 AND GOT MY 45 DAY LETTER ON MARCH 20 2006, WHICH WAS PROMPTLY REPLIED. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? I AM STILL CONFUSED AS MANY OF YOU OUT THERE..... :confused:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL..

If your LC is RIR, you may want to wait (I dont know how long) to see its being approved. If it is not RIR, then wait for DOL to send out the recuritment instructions, then once that completes, you may see the approval. Good luck.

Regards,
LaborDrags

mito said:
I have a summary of my green card history. Can you please let me know which one of these means PRIORITY DATE? I know that "Date LC Forwarded to DOL Region" is the one that means DOL receipt date.(I guess) But which one is the Priority date???

Date 45-day Letter Received from BRC:
Date Response to BRC 45-day Letter Filed:
Date RIR Draft Sent to Visa Beneficiary:
Date RIR Draft Forwarded to Manager:
Date RIR Received from Manager:
Date RIR Received from Visa Beneficiary:
Date RIR Final Forms Sent to Manager:
Date RIR Final Forms Received from Manager:
Date Posting Sent to Manager:
Date Posting Received from Manager:
Date RIR Final Forms Sent to Visa Beneficiary:
Date RIR Final Forms Received from Visa Beneficiary:
Date RIR Packet Sent to Company for Signature:
Date RIR Packet Received from Company:
Date LC Sent to State Office: THIS IS YOUR PD.
Date LC Forwarded to DOL Region: :confused: :confused:

Date your state received your LC is your Priority Date.

Very_Hopeful said:
Hello guys,

Got the good news yesterday from my employer and the lawyer that my LC got certified. I cannot believe I waited close to five years for this to happen. Following is the strategy I used to get my labor approved.

Aug 8: I got my employer to write a letter asking for the status of my application. Letter also included a line that such a prolonged delay in review of my application not only adversely affects my career but also affects the institution.

Aug 12:I got the staff of the congressman to write a similar letter.

August 14: CHanged my username over here from gcby2020 to Very_Hopeful (With PBEC take no chance. Even becoming superstitious helps :))

August 16: Sent a email to PBEC to update my address.

On August 31 got the magic phone call (that I had been waiting for last five years) from my lawyer

Details of my LC:

ETA Case Number: P-05123-88***
Priority Date: 12/10/2001
Processing Type: EB2-RIR
State: New York
Date of reply to 45 day letter: 8/18/2005
Date Case assigned to analyst: January 2006
Approval Date: August 24, 2006

I don’t know which of the above measures helped. But I urge all the 2001 cases to get help from their employers and congressman/senators. Thats the only way their cases will be certified.

I thank everyone for their constant support. I will keep visiting. Now onwards to filing for I-140. Unfortunately for me visa numbers are currently unavailable. But I will reserve that worry for a later date.

Congratulations, you got your approval, but remember: it only happened because your are affected by retrogression.

Pd

Guys

i need to know if the PD in the BECS would take precedence over the PDs of 2005 or later in PERM once u go to I-485 stage, meaning Perm cases with later PDs would fall behind in que of the PDs of BECS which would be fair, is this true or otherwise the BEC cases would suffer later in I-485 too. Any response would be appreciated. Also does my Case# P-05151-*** tells me anything about my PD.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
free2be said:
Guys

i need to know if the PD in the BECS would take precedence over the PDs of 2005 or later in PERM once u go to I-485 stage, meaning Perm cases with later PDs would fall behind in que of the PDs of BECS which would be fair, is this true or otherwise the BEC cases would suffer later in I-485 too. Any response would be appreciated. Also does my Case# P-05151-*** tells me anything about my PD.

thanks
Yes, LCs in BECs have PD earlier than the PERM cases, and they would rank earlier in the 485 queue. If you don't know your PD, ask your lawyer about it, he or she would know, it cannot be inferred from the case #. You could try to get an H1B extension screenshot for BECs, that would have the PD (browse past posts in this forum regd how to do that).

what does my case number mean????

Hi
I haven't come across anyone with similar case number

p-04296-*****

my pd is 6/03
45 day letter rcd 6/06 and replied

Can anyone offer any ideas why my number is 04 and all others are 05????

What to say?!?

Hey Everyone,
I'm going to write a letter to the DOL secretary . One every week! But what should I say specially? Any ideas?
Thanks! :confused:

rockyroad said:
Hi
I haven't come across anyone with similar case number

p-04296-*****

my pd is 6/03
45 day letter rcd 6/06 and replied

Can anyone offer any ideas why my number is 04 and all others are 05????

thats because the data entry of your applicaiton was entered in 2004, and it starts with 04.

Thanks

Thanks Labordrags,
Could you help me with one more question,
My LC is for one particular city, if it gets approved can I change cities if everything else i.e employer, wage, job title stay the same

rockyroad said:
Thanks Labordrags,
Could you help me with one more question,
My LC is for one particular city, if it gets approved can I change cities if everything else i.e employer, wage, job title stay the same

hi rockyroad,

there is no definite rule of this Green Card stuff. you are required to work for the employer who files your Green Card after its being a success. But many people leave the employer after this card gets approved. I am not sure how your LC is defined, I don’t recall of line either 13 or 14 it should have said the employee is required to work in a particular area or around anywhere. But again, after you get your GC, you are a free bird, fly anywhere you want....this is all I can say....but again check with your attorney to get his opinion as well.

Status Through Email

Hey Everyone,

I Email Pbec To Ask For The Status On My Lc...how Long Does It Take For Them To Respond Back? Any Guesses? Thank You For Your Help.

Is it possible????????

Also, One gentalmen on train this morning mentioned that there is a AC21 portability with just approved 140 also. Is this true ?? It will essentially means anyone with approved 140 (485 filed or not) will be able to change jobs and take his GC processing with him ?[/QUOTE]

I am confused and need help... what is AC21 portability..what is this? can somebody explain? pleaseeeeeeeeee