Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

no link :(

GPra said:
Thirsty Fish,

Where is the Online Link available to see approvals? Could you please Post it?

Thanks

Gpra, there is no link as such atleast not that I kno off. The online approval can be via email from H1B 7th year extension screen-shot or from the info@ph.. email address.

aycy, correct me if I am wrong.

djb said:
If that is true, how can GC be for future employment? Future employment technically means that employer can file for GC without you being currently employed. I am confused

You are right. I got my PERM certified for future employment from some one i don't work today. You can continue until you get GC, not working for that employer based on 'GC for future employment' criteria.

StressTestInUSA said:
thanks MDWatch..

But, how will the current experience with the same employer be counted for the EB2 experience...any info will be appreciated..

I heard that only prior experience until the previous employer will be taken into consideration while filing a labor..

Current experience with EB2 is counted Only If you file under new job position than your current job position. There are some rules associated how much different it should be - which I don't know exactly.

Hang in there...eveyone1

I've been waiting for almost 5 yrs now..Its excrucating...but Its okay..this shall pass too.

My attorney called me yeterday, and I got excited maybe she's calling me; regarding my labor certication getting approved. But unfortunately no, Its okay. She reassured me that Labor certifications hardly get denied, in other words 98% of them get certified. The only reason they won't get certified is because of the Employer not paying his taxes or what not.

I mentioned to her that cases from 2003/04 are getting there approvals so whatever happen to FIFO? She said they're not following that anymore. Because PBEC are very unreliable when it comes to dates that they're going to do this at this time or they're follwing this. Catch my drift? She told me not to worry about anything because you'll get your labor certification very soon. All you've to do it be PATIENT.

So I'm going to listen to her and be patient. Because like one person said, "every dog has its day." Hang in there. :cool:

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
I've been waiting for almost 5 yrs now..Its excrucating...but Its okay..this shall pass too.

My attorney called me yeterday, and I got excited maybe she's calling me; regarding my labor certication getting approved. But unfortunately no, Its okay. She reassured me that Labor certifications hardly get denied, in other words 98% of them get certified. The only reason they won't get certified is because of the Employer not paying his taxes or what not.

I mentioned to her that cases from 2003/04 are getting there approvals so whatever happen to FIFO? She said they're not following that anymore. Because PBEC are very unreliable when it comes to dates that they're going to do this at this time or they're follwing this. Catch my drift? She told me not to worry about anything because you'll get your labor certification very soon. All you've to do it be PATIENT.

So I'm going to listen to her and be patient. Because like one person said, "every dog has its day." Hang in there. :cool:
I am glad that you got some re-assurance from your lawyer; but don't let that be an excuse for your lawyer to not be aggressive and pro-active about your case. Lawyers are trained to take advantage of the psychological condition of the clients. Did you question her how she came up with "98% LCs get approved" statistic? My lawyer also tries to schmooze me into re-assurance with statements like "oh...they are just going to approve all cases en-masse as 9/30/07 approaches". My case is Non-RIR that never went through recruitment, and even though I am not a lawyer, I cannot fathom how DOL would approve my case without any recruitment whatsover! I politely told my lawyer that I appreciate her re-assurance, but I do not believe that would be the case. Don't get into confrontations with your lawyer, but also don't project an image that all it takes to get you off her back is a few honey-dipped words. Keep yourself aware of the developments, keep your lawyer aware of the fact that you are aware of the facts, and of course, be patient as you've been so far.

Patience is the KEY...

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
I am glad that you got some re-assurance from your lawyer; but don't let that be an excuse for your lawyer to not be aggressive and pro-active about your case. Lawyers are trained to take advantage of the psychological condition of the clients. Did you question her how she came up with "98% LCs get approved" statistic? My lawyer also tries to schmooze me into re-assurance with statements like "oh...they are just going to approve all cases en-masse as 9/30/07 approaches". My case is Non-RIR that never went through recruitment, and even though I am not a lawyer, I cannot fathom how DOL would approve my case without any recruitment whatsover! I politely told my lawyer that I appreciate her re-assurance, but I do not believe that would be the case. Don't get into confrontations with your lawyer, but also don't project an image that all it takes to get you off her back is a few honey-dipped words. Keep yourself aware of the developments, keep your lawyer aware of the fact that you are aware of the facts, and of course, be patient as you've been so far.

I absoluetly agree with you. And how she came up with the number? Well she's a lawyer, and has been in the business for 15 years. Everyone on here will get there labor certified...just be patient..I said it before and say it again...be patient..You'll hear good news...very SOON.

Waitingfor4+yrs said:

---------------

sweet bubble, u r close to 5 yrs in waiting and ur lawyer told u to be patient, and u accept that. I can understand that u r stressed out and any positive comments are nice.
But is ur lawyer going to give u in writing that u will get ur labot in 2 months?
And 98% approval rate is wrong, this is from immigration-law.com

06/22/2006: PERM Statistics

* AILA sources indicate that the PERM approval rate is approximately 62.5%. Under the old labor certification system, the approval rate was over 80%.

so, sorry to burst your bubble, plz relax enjoy ur weekend, but don't take such crap from ur lawyers.
I really hope all of us get approved but if u just sit back and do nothing do not complain. After so many years don't u realize that laywers are liers.

Labor Approved !!!!

Guys,

My labor has FINALLY !!!! been approved, got a call from my employer today morning. They had been calling the 202 number intermittently for the past few weeks.

After about 3 and 1/4 years, I have mixed emotions on this. Once I get the letter from the attorney, I will post further details.

The case details are in my signature.
MDWatch, please update the tracker with the approval date.

Thanks to all for the collective support.
I will hang around here for some more days before moving on to the I-140 forums.

Is there a choice?

I don't think we have a choice. I don't think we should believe the lawyers blindly but at the same time we don't have a choice. I am almost completing 4 years of wait. Who can I complain to? We have tried letter writing and several things on this forum. Nothing seems to work. Ultimately people get tired, get on with their lives and just wait until they get it.

The nature of green card process is that you wait for it for as many years as it takes or you find alternatives. I see that you have filed a second labor. I think that was a smart thing to do. I wish I had done that in 2004. I could have possibly at least gotten EAD by now (or even that could have got stuck in PBEC :). However, as an alternative I did file and get canadian PR.

Days_go_by said:
---------------

sweet bubble, u r close to 5 yrs in waiting and ur lawyer told u to be patient, and u accept that. I can understand that u r stressed out and any positive comments are nice.
But is ur lawyer going to give u in writing that u will get ur labot in 2 months?
And 98% approval rate is wrong, this is from immigration-law.com

06/22/2006: PERM Statistics

* AILA sources indicate that the PERM approval rate is approximately 62.5%. Under the old labor certification system, the approval rate was over 80%.

so, sorry to burst your bubble, plz relax enjoy ur weekend, but don't take such crap from ur lawyers.
I really hope all of us get approved but if u just sit back and do nothing do not complain. After so many years don't u realize that laywers are liers.

Wrong data entry

Unbelievable but true ¡! My RIR Oct 2001 NY DOL case suffer Wrong data entry and was file as TR. The suspicious thing is that all the data was correct in Nov. 2005. I guess I picked up the wrong Congress Woman, since after her investigation and enquiry, my data was changed from RIR to TR.

Be alert!! If it happened to me, it can happen to anybody

Oct. 2001, RIR NY
45 Letter Oct. 2005

alarming

rcahk said:
Unbelievable but true ¡! My RIR Oct 2001 NY DOL case suffer Wrong data entry and was file as TR. The suspicious thing is that all the data was correct in Nov. 2005. I guess I picked up the wrong Congress Woman, since after her investigation and enquiry, my data was changed from RIR to TR.

Be alert!! If it happened to me, it can happen to anybody

Oct. 2001, RIR NY
45 Letter Oct. 2005
I hope your speculation is false, but your implication that an enquiry from a congresswoman could have led to the negative change in your case is rather alarming for those of us that are approaching elected representatives for help!

More like us..

To be frank, I haven't just sat here and did nothing!...I've tried everything from talking to my lawyers, to sending messages to PBEC, to talking to my employer, to sending emails to PBEC, to calling this number 202-693-3010 to...Okay I'm done...Anyways, I've tried everything and everyone says to be patient because this whole process takes 3 to 5 years.

Go to the website below to see the "trend" in approvals. Just wanted to share it with you fellow patient people...

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/philadelphia-backlog-tracker/

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly

Exactly, my point. We have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I am not sure if anything will work. In fact, my fear is if you make too many queries or approach senators/congressmen they will move your case to the bottom of the pile.

BTW, I got status from 202 # today and they said the case is in process. They are currently processing cases from mid-2002 to mid-2003. (What happened to the 2001 cases?) , therefore, the case might be looked at in the next few months. Then again I know not to get excited any more.

What I want to do is start a new thread and see what ppl are doing to cope with this endless wait.

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
To be frank, I haven't just sat here and did nothing!...I've tried everything from talking to my lawyers, to sending messages to PBEC, to talking to my employer, to sending emails to PBEC, to calling this number 202-693-3010 to...Okay I'm done...Anyways, I've tried everything and everyone says to be patient because this whole process takes 3 to 5 years.

Go to the website below to see the "trend" in approvals. Just wanted to share it with you fellow patient people...

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/philadelphia-backlog-tracker/

:eek:

2002calabor said:
Exactly, my point. We have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I am not sure if anything will work. In fact, my fear is if you make too many queries or approach senators/congressmen they will move your case to the bottom of the pile.

BTW, I got status from 202 # today and they said the case is in process. They are currently processing cases from mid-2002 to mid-2003. (What happened to the 2001 cases?) , therefore, the case might be looked at in the next few months. Then again I know not to get excited any more.

What I want to do is start a new thread and see what ppl are doing to cope with this endless wait.
----
I don't think we have tried that hard yet. We have just sent letter once.
And we are already at the bottom of the pile, are we not?
How much lower can we get? Do you guys really harbor any hopes of approval within next 6 months? I think it is very unlikely.
And 2007 Sep seem even more difficult. THey need to really speed up processing to achieve that goal. I recently called 202 number and it says "we estimate" to finish backlogs by 2007 Sep. Do we not know what this kind of language means?
I also agree our options are very limited, I would encourage you write to senators and congressman, they will be very helpful. We can't put pressure on Elain Chao, just read her resume, noone can challenge her credentials, and to add to it, her marriage to KY senator gives her a very safe and strong position. So, instead why not work with her, explain to her our problems and hope that she understands.
At least I am hoping for that, it is worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely would not discourage anyone from approaching senators. But the most response ppl have received from politicans is canned responses that talk about immigtation in general. I am yet to see anyone in this forum who has benefited from approaching senators. This is as far as independent efforts go. As for organized efforts, I am up for orgainized efforts. We can work with immigrationvoice and try to work with PBEC to get things at least in FIFO.

My gut feeling is that PBEC is being slow on purpose. They make the green card process take 4-5 years in general. Most 2001/2002 ppl have waited give or take 4 years for this. They should get their labor in the next few months. A lot of my friends with 2002 dates have been approved. After that your dates are current. So another 6 mnoths to a year. As for 2003/2004 cases they will be made to wait in the 485 line so that their case also takes 4-5 years.

Days_go_by said:
----
I don't think we have tried that hard yet. We have just sent letter once.
And we are already at the bottom of the pile, are we not?
How much lower can we get? Do you guys really harbor any hopes of approval within next 6 months? I think it is very unlikely.
And 2007 Sep seem even more difficult. THey need to really speed up processing to achieve that goal. I recently called 202 number and it says "we estimate" to finish backlogs by 2007 Sep. Do we not know what this kind of language means?
I also agree our options are very limited, I would encourage you write to senators and congressman, they will be very helpful. We can't put pressure on Elain Chao, just read her resume, noone can challenge her credentials, and to add to it, her marriage to KY senator gives her a very safe and strong position. So, instead why not work with her, explain to her our problems and hope that she understands.
At least I am hoping for that, it is worth a try.

Uhhh..

2002calabor said:

So what're you saying?...Wait...so your case is filed in 2001 or 2002?

what people are doing?

I'll tell you what people are doing...People are trying to get by in this Country...one day at a time. People are watching as 2001/2002 cases are getting ignored. People can't do anything with there lives, like get a good job or go to a college or get a schloarship...so yeah thats what PEOPLE ARE DOINg...

P.S. By all means, CORRECT me if I'm WRONG....

and?

2002calabor said:
I definitely would not discourage anyone from approaching senators. But the most response ppl have received from politicans is canned responses that talk about immigtation in general. I am yet to see anyone in this forum who has benefited from approaching senators. This is as far as independent efforts go. As for organized efforts, I am up for orgainized efforts. We can work with immigrationvoice and try to work with PBEC to get things at least in FIFO.

My gut feeling is that PBEC is being slow on purpose. They make the green card process take 4-5 years in general. Most 2001/2002 ppl have waited give or take 4 years for this. They should get their labor in the next few months. A lot of my friends with 2002 dates have been approved. After that your dates are current. So another 6 mnoths to a year. As for 2003/2004 cases they will be made to wait in the 485 line so that their case also takes 4-5 years.

so you're saying that 2001/2002 are cases are to look at next?

2002calabor said:

-----
you are right, first time i talked to them last year they didn't know anything about DOL or our problems. That's why we need to write more often, more than one letter and highlight how long u have waited and what is going on with DOL.
Staffers for senators are very smart people, they will understand the problem and they will remember you.
You could consider meeting them directly, just set up an appointment and go and meet the staffers.

You can definitely work with IV, I am a volunteer for IV . Even though IV's focus is on retrogression they have tried to raise DOL issues with lawmakers. See IV is a volunteer org, I could encourage you to join in, but even with IV we have to do the most work, IV can help us with some resources (not money, but contacts), some insider info, but we have do organize and do all the work.