Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

only gets worse

I called the 202# on Monday and they told me that my case is been closed on May 11, 2005 due to not responding to 45 day letter, which was never received by my lawyer, who is been telling me all this time BEEEEE PATIENT!!!
Called him right away and the next day he send me an email saying that they send a Letter by Fed Ex to Philadephia requesting to reopen my case. I am beyond frustrated and beyond sick of waiting... What happens next? How long do I wait untill it reopens, since it's been closed for so long? Please anyone, do you know anything? How much longer until I give up???
Just take a look at my PD and still nothing yet............Thank you all

PD:04/30/2001
45 day letter: NEVER
case closed: May 11, 2005 (I just found out)

Daann said:
I called the 202# on Monday and they told me that my case is been closed on May 11, 2005 due to not responding to 45 day letter, which was never received by my lawyer, who is been telling me all this time BEEEEE PATIENT!!!
Called him right away and the next day he send me an email saying that they send a Letter by Fed Ex to Philadephia requesting to reopen my case. I am beyond frustrated and beyond sick of waiting... What happens next? How long do I wait untill it reopens, since it's been closed for so long? Please anyone, do you know anything? How much longer until I give up???

Ask your attorney to read this PDF.
http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_07-10-06.pdf
He is supposed to send email to nobeccontact@phi.dflc.us, letter's by FedEX will not be accepted by PBEC.

Format:
following information:
A. Attorney name and address
B. Employer’s name and address
C. Alien’s name and address
D. Priority Date
E. State or Regional location and/or number where case was originally filed

They are working good on case re-opening and approving..

10/2002-CA-EB2-RIR..still waiting.

Thats horrible.

Daann said:

Thats a bad new. First you're waiting for this long and now they tell you that your case is closed?!?!?... I think its time for you to change your lawyer, and I don't think you've to wait that long. This whole thing will be over for September 2007...Lets pray.

Even getting approval is not considered DONE

Guys,

I am not sure whether to consider myself lucky or not. I have received an approval notice via the info@ email from Philly Backlog Center. My current challenge is getting the official letter from Philly. Without that, I cannot proceed to the next step.

To me it is as bad as not getting approved at all especially when my labor has been certified since August 9'06 according to my US Representative's congressional enquiry. Please anticipate this when you get your approval via online or the 202 number. Philly is really a mess from one thing to another.

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05
NOF issued on Feb 24'06
NOF rebutted March 28'06
Certification on August 9'06 (Source: US Representative's office)
Status: Certified from the screen shot obtained August 16'06. :mad:

AFter 45 day letter.!!!

Hey everyone,
Does anyone know how to track the case status after you receive your 45 days letter? Thank You for your help. :confused:

Labor Approved.

Just got an email from the attorney that my labor is approved. This is a big relief, as mine was one of the "skipped" case from 09/2002. When my manager had called up the 202 number about a month ago, we were told to expect a NOF , which they were likely to send soon.

Here's wishing that everyone gets out of this mess soon, especially the skipped cases from 2001 / 2002.

202 #

I apologize for asking again, if it was already published on this forum. What is 202#. Could some one please list the complete number....

Thanks,

Finally

Hello All,

I recently learnt from my lawyer that my Labor is approved.

Below are my information. Include it into the tracker.

PD: 01/27/2003
State: NJ
Type:E2
Case No: P-05133-xxxxx
Labor Approve Date: 08/30/2006

Gurus,

This might be off topic on this forum so excuse me for that.

I am in the 8th year of my H1 with labor pending at PBEC (see my case details below). My H1 extension for 9th year has already been applied by my current employer and should come soon.

I have questions regarding changing my job at this point (in the same field but under new title and probably new but similar responsibilities).

Can I change my employer at this point? Would the new employer be able to apply for a new H1? Would I be able to get extensions to that H1 on the basis of labor application with my old employer? Would I be able to re-use PD from my current labor?

Answers/pointers are really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Waiting For Lc

GCMESS said:
Hi Guys,

I understand the frustration of waiting for years. Every day when you see a post saying someone's labor is approved and is close to your case, you hope that it is your turn and PBEC change gears :mad:

As you see my details, you realize that I'm not any where near to get out of this mess. With the way PBEC approving cases now, I cannot expect when my case would be approved, bcos it looks like they are not following any specific procedures FIFO/LIFO. When I saw the approvals from PBEC in the begining, I thought PBEC is processing regular cases first, after I thought they are really following FIFO, but after seeing so many people from 2001/2002 still waiting and 2003 cases getting approved, It doesn't look like that is true.

I really hope those guys get their labor approved, bcos the same thing may happend to me or some 2003/2004 cases after couple years from now (I know they are supposed to get rid of backlogs by sept'2007, like they are supposed to follow FIFO).

Is there anything that we can do to make this happen?. May be writing letters to PBEC director or something.

On the other hand, hang in there guys. I hope you all hear good news one day or another and you will be out of mess faster than you think in your next stages (atleast better than lot of us 2003/2004 cases).

Hope for the best

I AGREE WITH YOU. WE SHOULD WRITE LETTER OR EMAIL THEM. DO ANY ONE HAVE EMAIL TO REACH PBEC OTHER THAN INFO@----.

MD PD 5/27/03.
45 DAY RCD- 4/3/06, REPLIED 4/7/06.

Friends Please Advise Asap

Hi to all my friends suffering at the hands of Dept of Labor's cruelty:

I have a 2002 PD and just got my 45 day letter about a month back. I Fedexed the letter and correction list docs and faxed them as well. Everything was received by them on the 11th - I got confirmation thru fedex's signature page.

However the 202 number and the Philly receptionist both say that NOTHING has been received after the 45 day letter was sent out!!! I have re-faxed everything again, but the status remains unchanged. What should I do????

My 45 days are up in a week or so and I fear that these F***IN bastards will reclose my application for the second time. My lawyer and employer REFUSE to re-fedex the documents again! The application status has still not changed to "processing in queue" or "assigned to analyst".

PLEASE ADVISE FRIENDS! I have been stuck in this rut far too long!

No 45 Day Letter

Hi ,
My labor was filed from Philly in July 2003 in the EB2 category. I have not received a 45 day letter as yet ( or so my lawyer tells me ) . Are there still people out there who have not received the 45 Day letter or should this be a cause of concern for me.

Regards,

Pbec

Daann said:

It seems PBEC is making excuses whenever they realize that they have done something wrong(skipped cases). They also said that they closed my case on May 10, 2005(vs May 11 for your case) because they said that the employer/attorney asked them to close the case (Employer/attorney received notification in July 2006) but PBEC send 45 day letter on December 2005 where both the employer and the attorney responded to the letter on time. PBEC refused to open the case when the employer called them in July 2006 because PBEC said that the attorney asked them to close the case and told the attorney that employer requested to close the case. When the employer asked that they want to see that case closure request to PBEC they said that they could not find the documentation. So basically PBEC has no logic to their actions and making up lies to protect themselves. As of today I don't know whether my case has been open after the both attorney and the employer seperately asked PBEC to open my case in the first week of July. Best of luck to anyone who is in this situation

Labor: NY Oct, 2002

What does this mean?

After a long pursuit, my HR person got a reply from PBEC about my application via Email. Here is what it said:

The subject case has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst.

What does this mean? My case details are in the signature.

Thanks

Email info.

onesource said:
After a long pursuit, my HR person got a reply from PBEC about my application via Email. Here is what it said:

The subject case has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst.

What does this mean? My case details are in the signature.

Thanks

Could you please let us know the email address of PBEC, and how long did they take to reply back.

Many thanks,

contact for PEBC

njgc03 said:
Could you please let us know the email address of PBEC, and how long did they take to reply back.

Many thanks,

Send email to "Info" <Info@PHI.DFLC.US> with your ETA case number and employer name requsting case update. They would reply within a week with the status.

Good Luck!

SK_31 said:
Just got an email from the attorney that my labor is approved. This is a big relief, as mine was one of the "skipped" case from 09/2002. When my manager had called up the 202 number about a month ago, we were told to expect a NOF , which they were likely to send soon.

Here's wishing that everyone gets out of this mess soon, especially the skipped cases from 2001 / 2002.

Congratulations SK.

We need you good wishes too :)