Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

P number
JIM211 said:
Yes, it was sent to regional office from state in November 2003.

Jim211, Could you please share your next 2 digits in the P#.. my first 5 digits are exactly same as yours.

Looks like a trend

JIM211 said:
Yes, it was sent to regional office from state in November 2003.

Guys, I am seeing a trend here. It looks like they are approving Mar 03 to Jun 03 cases which went to regional and cases are straight forward. For last few days I haven't seen 2003 approval without regional.

All 2002 guys whose case source is regional keep your fingers crossed. If above mentioned is true, your approvals may be in your mailbox (open it :) ).

I may be wrong, but I don't really think that is the case.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Guys, I am seeing a trend here. It looks like they are approving Mar 03 to Jun 03 cases which went to regional and cases are straight forward. For last few days I haven't seen 2003 approval without regional.

All 2002 guys whose case source is regional keep your fingers crossed. If above mentioned is true, your approvals may be in your mailbox (open it :) ).

27% of march-june 2003 cases that are approved are from SWA's and not from Regional offices.

I think they are using the received date rather than PD

I think PBEC is using the recived date rather then the Priority date. All the 2002 cases that are stuck seems to have a different PD than the recived date. But the cases that got approved from 2002 have the same PD as the recived date!!!

Waiting_in_VA said:
Howdy'll:
My PD date is different than case recived date???? Is that normal. My PD date is May 9th 2002, but my case recived date is 10/4/2004. I always thought that the 10/4/2004 date is when PBEC recived my case, but could it be that PBEC is using the case recived date to approve applications rather than Priority date?????

I guess when your application is not getting approved, and applications with dates later then yours gets approval, one can come up with a lot of theories as how PBEC is approving cases.

jul2002eb2md said:
Get your H1B extn screen shot, if the fields are filled, you can wait with hope :) bcuz someone spent time with your case, if they are blank then you wait hopelessly :confused: :( :mad:

Since last 3 months, All the fields are filled except Visa type. And I have these Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: State

No idea how many more months will take to approve my labor. Praying for god........

MDwatch,

Please update the tracker with my info as below.

Thanks
EB2/RIR/NJ
PD:08/22/2002
ETA case#P-05138-2xxxx
45 DL received & Replied NOV 2005
Applied for 7th year on H1

Labor approved

Hi guys,

I've been a silent occasional visitor to this forum, and would like to report that my labor has been approved. Details:

RIR EB2 California, Priority Date 06/30/2003.

Sorry I dont have any more details.

My case is a little unique. My wife got fed up 'cause she couldn't work on an H4, so we decided to come back to India while the labor got processed. The owner of the company that sponsored me is a family friend, so he agreed to this.

Looking ahead, I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple questions:
1. I obviously have to go for CP. I know Green Card application is for future employment, but it strains the credulity to believe that an employer would wait 4 years for a prospective employee. So even though I will have all the paperwork, do you think I would have problems in the final stage?

2. Should I file I-140 immediately or wait for premium processing? Is it likely that this will start soon for EB2?

3. Anyone recomend a good lawyer for the next stage? My current guy is too inaccessible, especially since I am not in the US. Rajiv Khanna?

The forum was a great help, thanks to everyone who participated!

Bye,
Sharath

Congrats SR!

We are happy for you, CP is your best bet well you don't have choice since you are outside US. If you have been following this forum then I think its advisable to file I140 immediatly.

This is all more furstrating for me and others like me waiting since 2001/2002...but all the best to you and as the saying goes "Every dog has his day" we only hope it arrives soon for us.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting ..... PIB

Hi Guys,

I understand the frustration of waiting for years. Every day when you see a post saying someone's labor is approved and is close to your case, you hope that it is your turn and PBEC change gears :mad:

As you see my details, you realize that I'm not any where near to get out of this mess. With the way PBEC approving cases now, I cannot expect when my case would be approved, bcos it looks like they are not following any specific procedures FIFO/LIFO. When I saw the approvals from PBEC in the begining, I thought PBEC is processing regular cases first, after I thought they are really following FIFO, but after seeing so many people from 2001/2002 still waiting and 2003 cases getting approved, It doesn't look like that is true.

I really hope those guys get their labor approved, bcos the same thing may happend to me or some 2003/2004 cases after couple years from now (I know they are supposed to get rid of backlogs by sept'2007, like they are supposed to follow FIFO).

Is there anything that we can do to make this happen?. May be writing letters to PBEC director or something.

On the other hand, hang in there guys. I hope you all hear good news one day or another and you will be out of mess faster than you think in your next stages (atleast better than lot of us 2003/2004 cases).

Hope for the best

sharathreddy said:
1. I obviously have to go for CP. I know Green Card application is for future employment, but it strains the credulity to believe that an employer would wait 4 years for a prospective employee. So even though I will have all the paperwork, do you think I would have problems in the final stage?

It is not yours or companies fault that you both have to wait for 4 years for your GC before your company can hire you. I would not worry too much on this as long as your employer can prove it's ability to hire you on approval.

sharathreddy said:
2. Should I file I-140 immediately or wait for premium processing? Is it likely that this will start soon for EB2?

Well if I were you I would file I-140 right away without waiting for the Premium processing. First of all we don't know how long it will be before premium processing will be available for EB2 140. Even let us say premium processing is available for EB2 140 in couple of months, but still the Visa numbers are unavailable for EB2 India now.

On the flip-side let us say you file 140 right away, and INS/CIS/DOL (whatever the agency that is responsible for) makes 140 premium available for EB2 in a month or so, and visa availability in October 2006 for EB2 India moves to PD:6/30/2003 then you would not be able to make use of it.

Whether to rely on the ability of unreliable INS/CIS/DOL to make EB2 140 premium available, or file 140 right away is going to be your call.

Goodluck and keep us posted!

wow

wow, I can't believe that they are approving Jun 2003 cases also now! I know there are a lot of 2003 guys getting excited that their date is getting closer and closer. But my gut feeling is that they will keep approving some cases and keep moving well into 2004. This is what happened to 2001/2002 cases. We were thinking that its right around the corner but that corner hasn't been turned in a year by PBEC. I have pretty much given up on it ....

BTW, someone said that they are approving based on recieved date in PBEC. I think it might be true because all the people I know who have been approved in PBEC had their cases transferred to PBEC in late-2004.

sharathreddy said:
Hi guys,

I've been a silent occasional visitor to this forum, and would like to report that my labor has been approved. Details:

RIR EB2 California, Priority Date 06/30/2003.

Sorry I dont have any more details.

My case is a little unique. My wife got fed up 'cause she couldn't work on an H4, so we decided to come back to India while the labor got processed. The owner of the company that sponsored me is a family friend, so he agreed to this.

Looking ahead, I was wondering if anyone could answer a couple questions:

3. Anyone recomend a good lawyer for the next stage? My current guy is too inaccessible, especially since I am not in the US. Rajiv Khanna?

The forum was a great help, thanks to everyone who participated!

Bye,
Sharath

No more concurrent processing?

He can go for concurrent filing if the date becomes current, right? Or has concurrent filing been discontinued already?

another_fella said:
On the flip-side let us say you file 140 right away, and INS/CIS/DOL (whatever the agency that is responsible for) makes 140 premium available for EB2 in a month or so, and visa availability in October 2006 for EB2 India moves to PD:6/30/2003 then you would not be able to make use of it.

Whether to rely on the ability of unreliable INS/CIS/DOL to make EB2 140 premium available, or file 140 right away is going to be your call.

Goodluck and keep us posted!

2002calabor,

I don't think that is the case as my PD and Case RD is same, one of my coworker whose RD was 2004 but PD was JUL 2002 got his approved 4 months back.

I am talking about when they received the case in PBEC. For instance those who got 45 DL really early are getting approvals. I got 45 DL in Mar 2005. I was the last amongst my friends to get it. Everyone I knew had recieved it by then.

ThirstyFish said:
2002calabor,

I don't think that is the case as my PD and Case RD is same, one of my coworker whose RD was 2004 but PD was JUL 2002 got his approved 4 months back.

what I meant to say...

Sorry for the confusion. I did not mean to say "that they are approving based on recieved date in PBEC", which could be true though!! but what I meant to say was, alot of people mentioned that their PD is same as the case received date, which in my case is not, my PD is /5/9/02, while my case was transfered to PBEC in 10/4/04. I think somehow some of the employes are thinking that the 10/4/04 is my PD and not doing anything about it.
Does anybody know if the Priority date should be the same as case recived date? or should they be different. Guys who got approved, can you please enlighten us please.
thanks

2002calabor said:
BTW, someone said that they are approving based on recieved date in PBEC. I think it might be true because all the people I know who have been approved in PBEC had their cases transferred to PBEC in late-2004.

Waiting_in_VA said:
Sorry for the confusion. I did not mean to say "that they are approving based on recieved date in PBEC", which could be true though!! but what I meant to say was, alot of people mentioned that their PD is same as the case received date, which in my case is not, my PD is /5/9/02, while my case was transfered to PBEC in 10/4/04. I think somehow some of the employes are thinking that the 10/4/04 is my PD and not doing anything about it.
Does anybody know if the Priority date should be the same as case recived date? or should they be different. Guys who got approved, can you please enlighten us please.
thanks

Case recieved date and PD can't be the same.

-10/2002, CA, EB2, RIR .. still waiting..