Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

nyprog-8-27 said:
As far as 45 Day letter I’ve never received it because of fact that case was RIR and already approved by State.

Only thing I can hope for now is to get approval soon- how soon- hopefully by the end of a year.

There are lot of cases here which are RIR and approved by state, I am on of them and they have received 45-day letter.

Anyways Good Luck with your LC and I hope you will get your approval very soon. It has been very long wait for you my friend.

good to hear

nyprog-8-27 said:
Guys- As you can see from my signature my case is one of the oldest here. One way or the other it's not certified yet. But let me share my semi positive experience that happened today.
As we all know 202 numbers has been helpful for almost everybody on this forum as well as in my case. I'm one of those lucky guys that have a great relationship with President and owner of the company. So he's been trying to call 202 for a while but nothing was coming out of it. Finally today we've got some action going. First we call 202 number and guy on the phone said that my case was assigned to analyst on 6/26/06 so not that long ago. My boss said that he's trying to be understanding but it's over 5 years and cases with PD long after mine are getting approved. Guy actually felt sorry for us and was so nice to give a name and number of certifying officer in Philly.
And thank god we did call the officer. As it comes out- there is no problem with my case- if everything was ok with my lawyer - my case would've been certified already. But what happened 2 years ago- my first lawyer was indicted. That was still at the state level- but I got new lawyer, we Responded to NOF and state approved my case forwarding it to Regional Office. Than we all know what happened – regional offices closed- so my case was transfer to Philly. The only problem is that not all of the paperwork was transferred. Absolutely no info about my new lawyer was sent to Philly- so having old info about my old lawyer they’ve put my case on hold- god only knows for how long if we didn’t call. Officer gave us her address, name, phone and all necessary info -that actually everybody should have for contacts- to send copies of original papers sent to Regional Office and some additional info.

As far as 45 Day letter I’ve never received it because of fact that case was RIR and already approved by State.

What is the bottom line??
Keep pushing hard everybody that can help you with assessing your status or current situation- it’s only sad that we don’t have that much choices and possibilities.

Only thing I can hope for now is to get approval soon- how soon- hopefully by the end of a year.

Good to hear that you were able to speak to someone in PBEC. Can you share the number of certifying officer in Philly. My case was assigned to Analyst on may 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
2002calabor said:
Looks like alll the regulars of this forum like saknia are eiter tired or already certified. Wonder what happened to all the certifications we supposed to see starting Jul-Aug. Its still a trickle I think.

Though my labor is approved I still peek into this forum to see what is happening... old habits die hard :)

Anyway,not that I am sitting on this side of the fence with an approved labor, it makes not much of a rejoicement unless your PD is current..

From what I see we will have many many approvals by the end of the year and people will not know what to do with a certified LC in hand...we can might as well slap it in our living room wall for a loong time until your PD gets current..!! holding onto the same employer is the unthinkable part..!!

pennywise said:
Friends,
During the green card process my attorney told she applied my case in EB3.
I got my labor approval today still not filed I140. I am wondering whether I can apply in EB2 since I had 5+ experience as of my PD date (Dec'2001).

** Please note I'm not any kind of lawyer, so this is not guaranteed to be an 100% accurate answer **

That said - No, you can't file an I140 under a EB2 catergory, because your LC is for a specific job, and the job itself and it's requirements is what determines EB2 or EB3, not your personal qualifications or experience.

If you have the qualifications and/or experience that could qualify for EB2 catergory and don't want to wait for your PD to become current you ought to examine filing a new EB2 LC using PERM. However to do this you have to have your employer change you in a job position that requires the EB2 qualifications and/or experience.

HTH, GL

Pathetic!!

It's a disaster guys...it's like 2-3 jobs a day if you look at it. Overall it's like 30 odd jobs in last month or so. When would it reach to us?......4-5 years..or never....I am getting pessimistic. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

mikeliu88 said:
That link is broken.

This is the way to find all ads from PBEC:

1. Go to http://www.jobsearch.org
2. Click "Advanced Search Methods / Job Number". This will take you to this address: http://www.jobsearch.org/seeker/jobsearch/numbersearch
3. Select "Company Job ID" in the left box, type "p-05" (without quote marks) in the right box
4. Check Partial Matches
5. Click "Search Now" button
6. You will see all 33 jobs from PBEC for p-05* employees. Note there are only 2 ads so far for non-245i cases (P-05140-30578kje9 and P-05032-47110-BEv9 ).

fastergcwanted said:
It's a disaster guys...it's like 2-3 jobs a day if you look at it. Overall it's like 30 odd jobs in last month or so. When would it reach to us?......4-5 years..or never....I am getting pessimistic. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Woah. Are the BECs actually processing LC's for EB GC below EB-3? Do people really go to all the time and cost of this for jobs that don't even require you've gradauted high-school?

When is my turn?

At one point of time, I predict yours would get through in 2-months. It happened. Even though our PD's are very close, I am still waiting for my turn!
I don't know how long this endless waiting is going to be! Anyway good luck to all in this forum. :)

NJ, EB2, RIR, PD:11-Dec-2002

StressTestInUSA said:
Though my labor is approved I still peek into this forum to see what is happening... old habits die hard :)

Anyway,not that I am sitting on this side of the fence with an approved labor, it makes not much of a rejoicement unless your PD is current..

From what I see we will have many many approvals by the end of the year and people will not know what to do with a certified LC in hand...we can might as well slap it in our living room wall for a loong time until your PD gets current..!! holding onto the same employer is the unthinkable part..!!

LC Approved

I got letter from Labor Department this morning, my LC is approved.
see details below:

PD: 9/20/1999.
Converted to RIR; 11/14/2001.
Type:EB3,RIR.
State: NY.
45 day letter: 10/18/2005.
letter replied: 11/1/2005.
NOF: June 2006.
NOF replied:June 2006.
LC approved: 7/12/2006. :

I am from Oct 2001 and still waiting, but not alone, still there are thousands of people from 2001 in NY DOL.

1999!!!!!!!!!! wow - man you are like from another century. I thought 2001 was the earliest. how did you deal with waiting so much time?

LC001 said:
see details below:

PD 99 got approval..wow!

Congratulation! It's almost 7 years since you first applied....

Would you mind tell us what type of NOF you got? (Experience, wage, etc.) It will help those who also got NOF understand what might happen next to their NOF.

LC001 said:
see details below:

because

the H1B quota.... nowadays companies are not willing to sponsor for H1B...so her chances were very slim. there are only a handful employers who will sponsor for H1B (and she is not in IT) so....

CarolVA said:
I am sorry to be indiscreet, but why couldnt she find a job?

WTF Happened to online case status

Guys,

What happened to online case status? No one is talking about that any more. Weren't they supposed to have it up and running by the end of July?

Did I miss something? (I know they tried and pulled it back)

LC001 said:
see details below:

99... Then we 2001 filers shold not complaint at all. God bless you for being so patient. Did you get the LC approval or your Lawyer/Employer? What was the NOF for??

whenn said:
Good to hear that you were able to speak to someone in PBEC. Can you share the number of certifying officer in Philly. My case was assigned to Analyst on may 3rd.
Hi Whenn,

Your signature says that you have a case in PBEC and you also got LC approved through PERM. Is it allowed to file in PERM as a separate case without cancelling the original one?

Please reply.

yes, u can

teonardo said:
Hi Whenn,

Your signature says that you have a case in PBEC and you also got LC approved through PERM. Is it allowed to file in PERM as a separate case without cancelling the original one?

Please reply.

Yes, you can file for new LC through PERM if the job duties change 50%.

whenn said:
Yes, you can file for new LC through PERM if the job duties change 50%.
I don't see a reason why it would be true.
Are you sure you do not cofuse it with the 'experince gained with the same employer' issue ?

4MyWife said:
the H1B quota.... nowadays companies are not willing to sponsor for H1B...so her chances were very slim. there are only a handful employers who will sponsor for H1B (and she is not in IT) so....
Unbelievable... I am sorry, my best wishes to you

isingh786 said:
Did you have to go through the Recuritment process? If yes who did that, your attorney or PBEC? Please confirm...

Once again congrats!!!!

-Inder

It was a regular (i.e. non-RIR). So did the recruitment at State level and then got transferred to Atlanta DOL in Sep 2004. This was way before PBEC came into existence formally.

Thank God

nyprog-8-27 said:
Guys- As you can see from my signature my case is one of the oldest here. One way or the other it's not certified yet. But let me share my semi positive experience that happened today.
As we all know 202 numbers has been helpful for almost everybody on this forum as well as in my case. I'm one of those lucky guys that have a great relationship with President and owner of the company. So he's been trying to call 202 for a while but nothing was coming out of it. Finally today we've got some action going. First we call 202 number and guy on the phone said that my case was assigned to analyst on 6/26/06 so not that long ago. My boss said that he's trying to be understanding but it's over 5 years and cases with PD long after mine are getting approved. Guy actually felt sorry for us and was so nice to give a name and number of certifying officer in Philly.
And thank god we did call the officer. As it comes out- there is no problem with my case- if everything was ok with my lawyer - my case would've been certified already. But what happened 2 years ago- my first lawyer was indicted. That was still at the state level- but I got new lawyer, we Responded to NOF and state approved my case forwarding it to Regional Office. Than we all know what happened – regional offices closed- so my case was transfer to Philly. The only problem is that not all of the paperwork was transferred. Absolutely no info about my new lawyer was sent to Philly- so having old info about my old lawyer they’ve put my case on hold- god only knows for how long if we didn’t call. Officer gave us her address, name, phone and all necessary info -that actually everybody should have for contacts- to send copies of original papers sent to Regional Office and some additional info.

What is the bottom line??
Keep pushing hard everybody that can help you with assessing your status or current situation- it’s only sad that we don’t have that much choices and possibilities.