Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Finally.. A good news

Hi Friends,

Finally a good news.

My "closed and reopened" and "NOFed" LC is approved.
The approval date is July 26, but my company got to know about it day before y'day, on 08/09/06.

Per the DOL letter, the original 750 is sent to the lawyer, who has not got it yet. My comapny just got a CCed letter. The letter CCed to me by DOL must have gone to my old address which I left 2 years back, don't know if it will reach me. The certifying officer is Barbara Shelly.

Apart from the frustrating wait of ~ 3 years, the business necessity NOF gave me a lot of sleepless nights. Quite a few people on this forum helped me during those tense days. I thank you for that.

For the details about the NOF, please see my posting here
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1445726&postcount=14343

My case details are in my signature. The SWA had received my app on 10/7/2003. But the "date of acceptance for processing" shows 10/17/2003 in every letter from DOL. So I guess 10/17/2003 becomes my priority date. MDWatch, can you please correct my PD in the tracker?

I am getting ready to apply I-140. Can somebody tell me a good I-140 thread on this forum?

I want to thank everybody on this forum for their support. The wealth of info that is circulated on this forum was always very useful. I wish everybody gets their approvals fast.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

labor approved

good news at last

my labor got approved on aug1,2006 from PBEC. Yesterday on Aug 11,2006, my lawyer called me over the phone.
pd: march 25,2003, RIR, EB3,CA,regional, P-04299-xxxxx.

good luck to u all.

help needed

please can you advice me what is my next filing with the lc approved. i am from india/eb3,rir,ca. Can i apply for I-140,EAD AND advance parole?

thanks in advance

Any news on online satus check ?

triniti said:
Guys,

What happened to online case status? No one is talking about that any more. Weren't they supposed to have it up and running by the end of July?

Did I miss something? (I know they tried and pulled it back)

45-day-Letter Received end of December 2004

-Can any body help me???

-At the end of Dec. 2004, I received my 45-day-Letter and Selection of Continuation Letter from the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center and it was replied immediately letting them know I wanted to continue the process.

-On April 30 2001 my request for Reduction in Recruitment was received at the Department of Employment Services office in Washington DC.

-it has been 6 years since they received my RIR application in DC local office and 1-1/2 years since it was received at the Backlog Center.

-WHEN CAN I EXPECT TO RECEIVE THE APPROVED LABOR CERTIFICATION????

Last edited by a moderator:
Meera Maria said:
please can you advice me what is my next filing with the lc approved. i am from india/eb3,rir,ca. Can i apply for I-140,EAD AND advance parole?

thanks in advance

You can apply for I140 now.

But you have to wait for applying I485, EAD etc.. till your Priority Date becomes current.

Check this website:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/b...letin_3009.html

Currently Employement based Third Category(EB3) - INDIA- - 15APR01.

Once the above date moves forward to your PD, you can apply for I485.

Good luck.

Saleta said:
-Can any body help me???

-At the end of Dec. 2004, I received my 45-day-Letter and Selection of Continuation Letter from the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center and it was replied immediately letting them know I wanted to continue the process.

-On April 30 2001 my request for Reduction in Recruitment was received at the Department of Employment Services office in Washington DC.

-it has been 6 years since they received my RIR application in DC local office and 1-1/2 years since it was received at the Backlog Center.

-WHEN CAN I EXPECT TO RECEIVE THE APPROVED LABOR CERTIFICATION????

Take it easy my friend, we are toguether in this black hole, and like you, I am from Oct. 2001. Acording to my "liar" RIR from 2001 / 2002 will be cleared by the end of the year, so petitions for employment won't afect statistics before the Nov. Erection. They have been aproving 2003 and 2004 because most countries are affected from retrogresion, which means that none of these folks will be able to appy for I140, preventing people from 2001 to get into the work force before the employment statitics are public before the Nov. election.
All this time has taught me something: in my next life I will never leave my country, and if I have to do it, I will come to this country crossing the Rio Grande ans a wet back, at least you will avoid to pay for lawyers and fees and you will be on TV!!! and entitled to an anmesty.

rcahk said:
Take it easy my friend, we are toguether in this black hole, and like you, I am from Oct. 2001. Acording to my "liar" RIR from 2001 / 2002 will be cleared by the end of the year, so petitions for employment won't afect statistics before the Nov. Erection. They have been aproving 2003 and 2004 because most countries are affected from retrogresion, which means that none of these folks will be able to appy for I140, preventing people from 2001 to get into the work force before the employment statitics are public before the Nov. election.
All this time has taught me something: in my next life I will never leave my country, and if I have to do it, I will come to this country crossing the Rio Grande ans a wet back, at least you will avoid to pay for lawyers and fees and you will be on TV!!! and entitled to an anmesty.
----------
That is a very interesting point of view. Maybe it is right too. But since total number of visas per year is fixed, it doesn't really add many more to workpool.
We will find out by Nov then, did u lawyer say RIR from 2001 ? or all cases from 2001? RIR is already approved mostly, I would think, at least from DBEC.

Is there anybody else here from CA with a PD in Feb or early-march? Looks like PBEC is doing it FIFO atleast for 2003....I'm getting a lil worried.

Any updates on the online status check?

Meera Maria said:
good news at last

my labor got approved on aug1,2006 from PBEC. Yesterday on Aug 11,2006, my lawyer called me over the phone.
pd: march 25,2003, RIR, EB3,CA,regional, P-04299-xxxxx.

good luck to u all.

Check the CA tracker

GotGC?? said:
Is there anybody else here from CA with a PD in Feb or early-march? Looks like PBEC is doing it FIFO atleast for 2003....I'm getting a lil worried.

Any updates on the online status check?

Please check the CA tracker & you will see cases from CA

Thanks
GCcomesoon

H1b1 Ext For Three Years

Friends

According to murthy.com in order to get three extension you must fullfill two conditions

1- YOUR I-140 MUST HAVE BEEN APPROVED

2-YOUR PD DATE SHOULD NOT BE CURRENT IF YOUR PD IS CURRENT YOU CAN NOT GET THREE YEARS EXT YOU CAN ONLY GET ONE YEAR EXT

Some people say only condition # 1 is sufficient but according to murthy.com you must met the secound condition as well

Guys please tell me some some official link to clear this confusion

I think murthy.com maybe correct.
The 3yr H1B extension probably applies to retrogressed applications. If your PD is current; then you are not retrogressed.

Check this thread for the Ca tracker

GotGC?? said:
Thanks. Could you please tell where the CA tracker is?

Philadelphia BEC -California cases only - Tracker , this is in the same backlog thread

I hope this helps.

Thanks
GCcomesoon

justdoit said:
I think murthy.com maybe correct.
The 3yr H1B extension probably applies to retrogressed applications. If your PD is current; then you are not retrogressed.

I think that is true, if your PD is current then you don't need H1, you will get EAD.

H1 B 7 th extension

Hai friends, I applied for green card through my previous employer and I moved to new employer one year back. I am waiting for labor.

1. Can I use my peding labor with previous employer for 7th year extension
to work with new employer?

GC pain
:eek: :confused:

chait said:
Hai friends, I applied for green card through my previous employer and I moved to new employer one year back. I am waiting for labor.

1. Can I use my peding labor with previous employer for 7th year extension
to work with new employer?

GC pain
:eek: :confused:

Yes you can!

Can the employee call the 202 number?

I am not meeting with much success in getting my employer or my attorney to call the 202 number. They basically called once, got to voicemail and left a message. The calls have not been returned.

I was wondering if the 202 number is still active, and if I can call on my own and try to get some information on my case (no 45 day letter yet). Do they entertain calls from employees?

Same here

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
I am not meeting with much success in getting my employer or my attorney to call the 202 number. They basically called once, got to voicemail and left a message. The calls have not been returned.

I was wondering if the 202 number is still active, and if I can call on my own and try to get some information on my case (no 45 day letter yet). Do they entertain calls from employees?

I gave the 202 number to my attorney who called and got a VM and no call back. Then they reached a live person and was told that they are not providing status checks. The attorney thought i was crazy since even they were not aware of this number (an this is one of the top immigration firms), so i didnt push it. The attorneys have contacts at the PBEC and they basically have been told that they cannot get status checks as that will slow down the folks that are actually reviewing cases. Also, my attorney pointed out that why would a DC number (202 area code) reach the PBEC??

Anyway, from what i understand, you (employee) cannot call to get status

Dedo said:
I gave the 202 number to my attorney who called and got a VM and no call back. Then they reached a live person and was told that they are not providing status checks. The attorney thought i was crazy since even they were not aware of this number (an this is one of the top immigration firms), so i didnt push it. The attorneys have contacts at the PBEC and they basically have been told that they cannot get status checks as that will slow down the folks that are actually reviewing cases. Also, my attorney pointed out that why would a DC number (202 area code) reach the PBEC??

Anyway, from what i understand, you (employee) cannot call to get status

my lawyer refuses to call 202 number, his explanation is he would not know whom he is talking to and thus would not trust any info. I'm getting anxious, it's a month since my request to reopen was e-mailed and nothing yet. I know that a month is nothing to PBEC, but it would be nice to get any good news. Did anyone get case reopen after e-mailing request?