Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

202# leads to Foreign Labor Certification deparment in DOL

Dedo said:
I gave the 202 number to my attorney who called and got a VM and no call back. Then they reached a live person and was told that they are not providing status checks. The attorney thought i was crazy since even they were not aware of this number (an this is one of the top immigration firms), so i didnt push it. The attorneys have contacts at the PBEC and they basically have been told that they cannot get status checks as that will slow down the folks that are actually reviewing cases. Also, my attorney pointed out that why would a DC number (202 area code) reach the PBEC??

Anyway, from what i understand, you (employee) cannot call to get status
The number belongs to Deparment of Foreign Labor Certification in DOL which is in charge of the two backlog centers. You can google the 202# to verify. They have access to the database, so they can provide you the case status. PBEC's number is (484)2701568, but as a lot of people reported here, they won't give you any meaningful information.

ravikanthv said:
how can we work for new employer?. Please help me on this

Your current employer will have to continue with the current LC and based on 365 day rule of that LC new employer can file your H1. New employer then files your GC in PERM and once LC and 140 is approved you get 3 years extensions on H1. If everything goes smoothly it workes out fine otherwise you will just have to convince your current employer to continue with your current LC till you straighten things out.

Hope this helps.

Labor Approved

Hi all,

My attorney sent me an email this morning saying he has received my labor certification approval on saturday(8/12/2006) from PBEC.

I wish you all good luck.

PD: Last week of Feb, 2003
Category: EB3
State: VA

Case Pending since 11/01 - MD EB2 RIR

Hello!,
Couple of months ago, tanveer666 had posted the following.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Write a letter to ELINE CHAO SHE IS VERY POWERFUL LADY FOR YOU . DONT WRITE ANY LETTER TO ANYBODY

ONLY ONE DETAIL LETTER TO CHAO IS ENOUGH . Once your letter is received by ELINE OFFICE YOUR LETTER

WILL BE FORWARED TO ETA DEPARTMENT . THE HEAD OF ETA DEPARTEMNT ( BTW HE IS MY FRIEND) HE IS VERY

NICE PERSON AND VERY STRICT PERSON . AS SOON AS HE RECEIVED MY LETTER HE TOOK VERY DRASTIC ACTION

AND HE PRODUCED THE RESULT IN JUST TWO DAYS . IF THERE IS ANY PROBEL WITH YOUR CASE HE WILL FIX IT

IN TWO DAYS . AND THEN KEEP FOLLOWING UP YOUR CASE WITH THIS 202 _693-3010

I WOULD SUGGEST YOU GUYS PLEASE DONT SEND E MAIL OR FAX ANY LETTER TO ELINE CHAO SEND HER A

CERTIFED LETTER WITH RETURN RECEIPT AND CALL HER OFFICE AFTER ONE WEEK THEY WILL GIVE YOU A

CORROSPENDENCE......
------------------------------------------------------------------

My lawyer did exactly the same and did receive a letter from the administrator of Office of Foreign Labor Certification. The guy in the letter just spoke about my case and mentioned that they estimate to eliminate
the PBEC cases by Sept 2007. He also sent a snap shot of my case.

I dont know if Tanveer666 or anyone can comment on this. Since somebody opened up my case to reply to my lawyer, does it mean they are reviewing my case and should hear something in a week or it is just a standard reply to all.

If Tanveer666 or anyone who has done the above can comment. I would really appreciate.

Basically what should be my next move.
---------------
PD: 11/01
EB2 - RIR
MD
45 Day letter received in Mar10 2005
45 day replied - Mar15 2005.

Sunil.

Working on EAD?

Hi Gurus: I have been checking this forum for a while and have several quick questions: Do I have to wait for 180 days after filing my 485 to use the EAD card? Can I use an EAD card to work for a different employer (totally different fields) while I am taking leaves from my current employer? If I do, what will be the consequences? Will I still be able to return to the current employer? Will they by any chance know it?

Have you received recruitment instruction?

My State is same as yours and my PD is close to yours. I was wondering if you have received recruitment instruction.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
I am not meeting with much success in getting my employer or my attorney to call the 202 number. They basically called once, got to voicemail and left a message. The calls have not been returned.

I was wondering if the 202 number is still active, and if I can call on my own and try to get some information on my case (no 45 day letter yet). Do they entertain calls from employees?

No recruitment instructions yet!

nohope_for_lc said:
My State is same as yours and my PD is close to yours. I was wondering if you have received recruitment instruction.
No, I haven't yet received any recruitment instructions. Heck, I haven't received the 45-day letter yet, forget about the recruitment instructions! In any case, I am sure we'll see a flurry of activity in this forum once the recruitment instructions start going out, so just keep a close watch on the forum here. Also, the kind Mr Matthew Oh will post breaking news on his website http://www.immigration-law.com once the Non-RIR people start getting recuitment instructions.

ravikanthv said:
If you use previous employer peding labor... how can we work for new employer?. Please help me on this.

I was in the same situation like u. I have taken 7th year extension with previous employer pending labor.

Priority Date for EB2

Hello friends,

Here are my case details
ETA CASE NUMBER : P-05161-XXXXX
Eb2 - RIR
VA
PD 2003 OCT

Assuming I get my labor in next 4 months :) very optimistic , When can I file for my EAD? What are the priority dates for EB2 now. I heard that Eb2 numbers are over and what does it means?
Should I need to wait for years or decades to get my EAD atleast?

Frustated :-(

Hi Kar_P,

You should be able to file for 485/EAD by next year as I think the cut off date will probably move to Oct 2003 in the next few months... So keep your hopes up and everything will fall into place.. :D

Kar_P said:
Hello friends,

Here are my case details
ETA CASE NUMBER : P-05161-XXXXX
Eb2 - RIR
VA
PD 2003 OCT

Assuming I get my labor in next 4 months :) very optimistic , When can I file for my EAD? What are the priority dates for EB2 now. I heard that Eb2 numbers are over and what does it means?
Should I need to wait for years or decades to get my EAD atleast?

Frustated :-(

Hi All,
My ETA has been CERTIFIED too...
Company received letter today...
Letter dated 8/4/06....
Please update the tracker as req'd.
GOOD LUCK TO U ALL...:)

Labor Approved

Today I call 202-693-3010 no.
And a person told me that my case is certified, 2 days back.But I didn't hear anything from my employer.Can any one tell me when will I hear from them
----------------------------
Case RIR - NY - EB2
PD Dec 6 2001
45 days letter received - mid sept 2005
replied - mid sept 2005
Last update (case received date) feb 17 06
processing center - Philadelphia Backlog Elimination

pranamNY said:
And a person told me that my case is certified, 2 days back.But I didn't hear anything from my employer.Can any one tell me when will I hear from them
Case RIR - NY - EB2
PD Dec 6 2001
replied - mid sept 2005

Congratulation! It could be any day within next few days.
EB2 and 2001 PD, very cool, you are pretty much set :)

pranamNY said:
Case RIR - NY - EB2
PD Dec 6 2001
replied - mid sept 2005

It takes between few days to a couple weeks for PBEC to send out the letter. You should also receive a copy of the letter at your house if you haven't moved since you applied for your labor, unless you notified the DOL of the change of address. Good luck !

MDwatch said:
It takes between few days to a couple weeks for PBEC to send out the letter. You should also receive a copy of the letter at your house if you haven't moved since you applied for your labor, unless you notified the DOL of the change of address. Good luck !
thanks for the information

Congrtulations!

pranamNY said:
Case RIR - NY - EB2
PD Dec 6 2001
replied - mid sept 2005
Congratulations! Do you know when your case was assigned to an analyst? I just want to estimate how long it takes to approve a case. Mine was re-assigned to analyst in Jan.2006. Thanks!

LaborPainMD said:
Congratulations! Do you know when your case was assigned to an analyst? I just want to estimate how long it takes to approve a case. Mine was re-assigned to analyst in Jan.2006. Thanks!
Sorry ,I dont know.In fact this was my first call to them.