Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

mlncs said:
I have not been following the forum the last few weeks. Can somebody tell me what exactly is the "202-number" and what is the phone number so perhaps I can call. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Here is the phone number: 202-693-3010. I have never called this number -- came to know about it only from this forum. They may give status to you or your lawyer/employer will have to call - depends on their mood :D

thats true

StressTestInUSA said:
actually the morning I got the approval in the mail,I sent an email to H1b&thyr..I got the screenshot next day.So it looks like they r still responding to the email for screen shot, the screen shot will not really tell you if the 45 day letter has been recvd by them etc,best route is to call the 202#(i dont know that #) and hope someone answers with the case status of when the 45day reply was recvd..

someone were saying they keep tab of how may times we are sending emails for screenshot etc makes no sense,to do that they will have to allocate another person or add another field to the database to update the no.of time we are asking for screenshot..where does PBEC have time for all that,I guess they will reply to the screenshot emails for another month or say,by then all will get 45 day letters..

they do keep track of number o times people call...more u call, more u get screwed. It should not be more than once in 3-4 months.

gchelpme said:
they do keep track of number o times people call...more u call, more u get screwed. It should not be more than once in 3-4 months.
You got to be kidd'n me man- they can't track anything in that mess-neither our 45 day love letters nor the phone calls- don't over estimate this BS organization BEC. Friend of mine had his employer call every 2 weeks before he got aproval and that didn't seem to affect his processing. So those are just speculations and have little to do with reality.

THANKS jul2002eb2md i'll keep checking and see what i get sometimes feel better and most often pissed off.

jul2002eb2md said:
First of all, WELCOME and we are glad that you are here. Next several days/week/months/lets hope not years, you will visit this page with gradual increase in frequency. You will see some post and feel pity for the guys, you will see some post and get pissed off, you will see some post and maybe think of changing religion because the GOD you believe now is not with you.

In the mean time you will have your HR/Lawyer call 202 number. You will hear that your case is assigned to an analyst or your case is in final review or your case is assigned to a specialyt for final reivew. Dont be surprised if you hear case is with James Bond 007 for super special reivew.

Maybe someday PBEC will start saying all cases from 2001 and 2002 are being sent to Disney land for Mickey mouse review.

Finally, we will see a post from you that says "My labor got certified".

Good luck.

Labor approved

Hi guys .. can't believe it! My labor has been approved! Here are some of the details:

Applied in Virginia

LC receipt date: April 17, 2002

Certified: July 21, 2006

Good to luck to everyone ... what a long road!!!! The backlog center is finally moving

45 Day Letter Received

Received my 45 Day Letter.

PD: April 2004
The letter was dated June 09, 2006.
Replied on: 14th July 2006
ETA Case No: P05199-3xxxx

Stop Assuming!!!!!

My dear gchelpme,

For heaven's sake, please STOP making assumptions of your own and try not to consfuse people in here with your assumptions....

Thank you very much

I hope we all get out of this mess soon.

-RC

gchelpme said:

Last edited by a moderator:
H1B change in job titles

Thank you to all those who responded to my h1B change in job title post. I spoke to the paralegal and she says that chane in job title (promotion) with no change in responsibilities /job duties or location should be fine.

tanveer666 said:
First of all congragulations to stress test in usa . you have done a very good job for this forum .

Guys this visa bullition has scatered hopes for lot of people . My attroney told me that EB3 for indian national will struck at the same dates for a long time .may be for next one year or so he may be wrong as well . the bad news is that they have already used visa number for this year so till october 2006 the cutoff date will not be changed and it wont changed changed even after october because they are a lot of application being processed but the visa numbers are not available . it really sucks ...................

I am happy I was the one who realeased information about 202 # and a lot of freinds are using this number . infact this number is the only source for your update case status .

My question is my pd is 06/26/2002 and on june 9th my case was assigned to analyst on june 9th 2006 . since then no news . The occouption title and occouption code is blank in the screen shot . whener i called the 202 # as well pbec they told me that my case is being worked on ...............this labor is from new york

I have another labor pending from main state from the same company with pd of march 25, 2005 . I did receive the 45 days letter for that .....

I am on 7th years h1b1 valid till 06/11/2007

The problem is I want to get three year h1b1 . asap now I am thinking to file prem .so that I can get three h1b1 instaed of one year

My question is this a good idea to go for prem at this point of time just to get three years h1b1 extension

1) IS THIS TRUE THAT SOON USCIS GOING TO START PREMIUM PROCESSING OF I-140

2) HOW LONG IS THE COMPLETE PROCESS OF PREM LABOR CERTIFICATION AS FAR AS MY INFORMATION IS CONCERENED IT TAKES FROM 6-9 MONTHS

Please reply if you know the answar

If you can be EB2, go ahead and file PERM. Everything altogether will take about 5 months or so and then you can file I-140 and I485 together right away. Premium Processing is not in place yet, but I feel it will be coming soon, but why even worry about it? It won't take more than 3-4 months even other wise. You can already extent your H1B with your existing labors. You don't need 3 year extension. If you file with PERM, you will get your EAD within a year anyways.

tanveer666 said:
First of all congragulations to stress test in usa . you have done a very good job for this forum .

Guys this visa bullition has scatered hopes for lot of people . My attroney told me that EB3 for indian national will struck at the same dates for a long time .may be for next one year or so he may be wrong as well . the bad news is that they have already used visa number for this year so till october 2006 the cutoff date will not be changed and it wont changed changed even after october because they are a lot of application being processed but the visa numbers are not available . it really sucks ...................

I am happy I was the one who realeased information about 202 # and a lot of freinds are using this number . infact this number is the only source for your update case status .

My question is my pd is 06/26/2002 and on june 9th my case was assigned to analyst on june 9th 2006 . since then no news . The occouption title and occouption code is blank in the screen shot . whener i called the 202 # as well pbec they told me that my case is being worked on ...............this labor is from new york

I have another labor pending from main state from the same company with pd of march 25, 2005 . I did receive the 45 days letter for that .....

I am on 7th years h1b1 valid till 06/11/2007

The problem is I want to get three year h1b1 . asap now I am thinking to file prem .so that I can get three h1b1 instaed of one year

My question is this a good idea to go for prem at this point of time just to get three years h1b1 extension

1) IS THIS TRUE THAT SOON USCIS GOING TO START PREMIUM PROCESSING OF I-140

2) HOW LONG IS THE COMPLETE PROCESS OF PREM LABOR CERTIFICATION AS FAR AS MY INFORMATION IS CONCERENED IT TAKES FROM 6-9 MONTHS

Please reply if you know the answar
I noticed that you like to take credit for the 202 number but the fact is the number was mentioned long before you mentioned it. Check out the posts below.

7th feb 2006
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1351985&postcount=10513

25th may 2006
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1436429&postcount=14027

Did not receive 45-day letter yet

Did not receive 45-day notice letter yet. But is not the last day for that was 21-July, 2006?

USCIS Director Gonzalez to Participate in "Ask the White House"

Anyone that has good communication skill and writting skill want to take a chance to ask him the question regarding the PBEC? Bring up our case ?

such as why PBEC is far behind than DBEC ? why do we have to receive NOF after we wait for 4 year to get labor approval ? Why they have to wait till this long to make us start all over again ?

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

Cheers :p

katrina17 said:
Anyone that has good communication skill and writting skill want to take a chance to ask him the question regarding the PBEC? Bring up our case ?

such as why PBEC is far behind than DBEC ? why do we have to receive NOF after we wait for 4 year to get labor approval ? Why they have to wait till this long to make us start all over again ?

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

Cheers :p

I don't think that PBEC is USCIS issue, but DOL issue

Response from William Carlson-Foreign Labor Chief

Guys,

I managed to contact William Carlson via fax. Unfortunately, he did not say much except his standard wording. Basically, he said they are targeting to finish labor certification by September 2007 and acknowledged that some cases with later priority dates than mine have been approved. The processing is not standard across the board due to the different types of application (Traditional Vs RIR) and whether the cases that needs more attention before it can be looked into. Also, it depends on the response time for the lawyer or HR to get back to them and blah...blah...blah......! He emphathizes my situation but he could elaborate on when my file would be processed/approved.

HOW HELPFUL.........! Obviously clueless fellow. Wonder how hard for his backlog center to look into my file as we already submitted the documents for the NOF. Gosh....! It is already more than 4 years of waiting and still I have to wait and wait. Anyway, hope this info helps.

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05
NOF issued on Feb 24'06
NOF rebutted March 28'06
Status???????????????????
:mad:

Jack and Suzy Welch says "Outsourcing is forever"

They started by saying "We can't - and we shouldn't" to answer an anonymous reader's question - "How can we change things in the U.S. so we don't have to outsource to India and other countries anymore?"

They concluded with the following two paragraphs:

"If there is a problem with the U.S. economy right now, it is not the loss of jobs because of outsourcing. It is the shortage of skilled labor because of immigration restrictions. Indeed, if Congress really wanted to make our economy more competitive, it would raise the limits on H-1B visas, making it easier for educated foreigners to work here. Ideally, the whole program could be replaced by a permanent green card system that would draw skilled workers into a more positive, long-term relationship with the American culture - and ultimately build a better economic future for all of us."

"So forget outsourcing. America's labor challenge today is talent insourcing."

---from BusinessWeek, July 31, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard it this morning. Here is the link to the podcast

http://www.businessweek.com/mediacenter/qt/podcasts/welchway/welchway_07_24_06.mp3

dreamer123 said:
They started by saying "We can't - and we shouldn't" to answer an anonymous reader's question - "How can we change things in the U.S. so we don't have to outsource to India and other countries anymore?"

They concluded with the following two paragraphs:

"If there is a problem with the U.S. economy right now, it is not the loss of jobs because of outsourcing. It is the shortage of skilled labor because of immigration restrictions. Indeed, if Congress really wanted to make our economy more competitive, it would raise the limits on H-1B visas, making it easier for educated foreigners to work here. Ideally, the whole program could be replaced by a permanent green card system that would draw skilled workers into a more positive, long-term relationship with the American culture - and ultimately build a better economic future for all of us."

"So forget outsourcing. America's labor challenge today is talent insourcing."

---from BusinessWeek, July 31, 2006
http://www.businessweek.com/mediacenter/qt/podcasts/welchway/welchway_07_24_06.mp3

Labor Approved today(see my signature for details)

Friends and Comrades
I would like to share the good news that my labor just got approved today
pl take a look at my signature for any more details..
I know I took all of your help from time to time on this forum, I am much delighted to express my sincere thanks for each of you..
I wish you all good luck and meet you guys in the next staes..
Thanks,
-Geek

susaninj said:
Did not receive 45-day notice letter yet. But is not the last day for that was 21-July, 2006?

Please check the link.

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_07-10-06.pdf

What do I do if I have not received a “45-day ” letter by July 21,,2006?
If an employer does not receive a “45-day ” letter by July 21,,2006,email the
appropriate Backlog Elimination Center at nobeccontact@dal.dflc.us for the
Dallas BEC or nobeccontact@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia BEC.The email
must contain the following information:
A.Attorney name and address
B.Employer ’ s name and address
C.Alien ’s name and address
D.Priority Date
E.State or Regional location and/or number where case was
originally filed
OFLC will publish its policy regarding such cases under separate cover.