Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

For me it took little more than month to reopen from the date we respond ,showing the documentation we sent when we responded for 45 day letter.
your attorney should take care easily ,even if you didnt receive your 45 day letter .

Good luck!

adadad said:
My RIR casewas closed, never gor any 45 days letter. The lawyer started re-opening procedure.
Do they always re-open? Guys,
any info on how long re-opening may take???? PLEASE!!!

RIR, EB2, MA
PD Jan 2004
45 days letter neverCase closure letter June 23 2006 :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The email is H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US, format is like below

======================================================
Kindly send me Proof of submission of my Permanent Labor Certification application which is required for my 7th-Year H1B Extension.

Details:

Case Number: 200901280039
Priority Date: January 28, 2009
Type: RIR
Received at BPC: 01/14/2005
State: xx

Employer Name & Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Employee Name and address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

labor_headache said:
FangF,

Can you please share with us the exact email address that you sent to and the format of your email?

Thanks

RIR cases before Dec 31, 2002

Reading this thread carefully, I have increasingly become convinced that if your case is RIR and PD before DEC 31,2002 and if you have not heard back from PBEC till now, you cases pretty much has been denied as RIR and has been converted into TR. I think only way to confirm it is when they will have online status check in place or when you ask for 7th year extension snapshot(and see it as TR rather than RIR). I remember reading some immigration website where it was mentioned that they will be sending TR recruitment instructions soon and sometime this month.

Friends (who have got RIR to TR notifications), can you possibly look for a reason why your respective RIR cases might have been converted into TR ?
Was it low period of advertisement( < 6 months) ?

One thing which bothers me is that they have not specified any particular reason or specific deficiency in the RIR application.

any Comments ?

nk01 said:
Reading this thread carefully, I have increasingly become convinced that if your case is RIR and PD before DEC 31,2002 and if you have not heard back from PBEC till now, you cases pretty much has been denied as RIR and has been converted into TR. I think only way to confirm it is when they will have online status check in place or when you ask for 7th year extension snapshot(and see it as TR rather than RIR). I remember reading some immigration website where it was mentioned that they will be sending TR recruitment instructions soon and sometime this month.

Friends (who have got RIR to TR notifications), can you possibly look for a reason why your respective RIR cases might have been converted into TR ?

One thing which bothers me is that they have not specified any particular reason or specific deficiency in the RIR application.

any Comments ?
if it is RIR then waht???
I got 2 time screen shot both the times it is RIR :)

RIR to TR cases

I am curious about the occupation titles of the applicants who applied RIR and was converted into TR by PBEC. Would you mind posting? .. if it's not too much to ask.

nk01 said:

any Comments ?
nk01,

I can only speculate, but it may have to do with bubble burst and consequent massive layoffs all over around that time period. They probably scouted through the applications and figured that too many qualified US/GC candidates were available then to fill the jobs and they are doubtful over employer's undertaken efforts to fill the position. Which leads me to believe that the employer may not have had the right balance of skills and experience published in the add. Or as you mentioned, the employer may have not posted the advertisement for recommended period and / or may not have followed all the recommended procedures. And probably, speaking for myself, additional factor was lack of awarness over the procedure and lack of willingness to ping employer every now and then to make sure he was doing the right thing. All put together, i think we have a rejected RIR process.

Im assuming they will now assign us a "recruitment agent" who will monitor the recruitment process. The adds will be posted at his choice of place, i guess at www.ajb.com and the applications would be routed to the employer. Employer may additionally have to place adds in other news papers and do an internal posting which is quite visible to all of his staff. Upon receipt of applications interviews may have to be conducted and proper reasons for denial may have to be given. At the end of it a satifactory report on an individual or collective basis may have to be provided to the "recruitement agent" who will then adjudicate the application.

Im almost getting scared now. Anyways, following are my unanswered questions.
- Would/Should the new add be in consistence with current experience/skills or the old one?
- If current then can we request them to shift application to EB2 now, since we are now quailfied for EB2?

danaya said:
I am curious about the occupation titles of the applicants who applied RIR and was converted into TR by PBEC. Would you mind posting? .. if it's not too much to ask.
Sorry, i posted the wrong link, its www.ajb.org.

danaya, my occupation title is "Software Engineer" and i havent seen the add that they posted.

labor got certified, but ...

I just got informed by my lawyer that my labor was certified on 6/22/06. But suprisingly, I found out the job requirement on the certified form is Bachelor's degree. (I hold a US master degree and I remember when I filed the application, I filled master degree. I think it must be HR in our company changed that at the last moment without notifying me).

Does this mean I have to go with EB-3 instead of EB-2? What shall I do now? Thanks for any response.

Case details:

State: MD
PD: 01/10/2003
45 day letter: 01/2006
ETA case number: P-05153-*****
EB-2/Eb-3???

worldconcepts said:
I just got informed by my lawyer that my labor was certified on 6/22/06. But suprisingly, I found out the job requirement on the certified form is Bachelor's degree. (I hold a US master degree and I remember when I filed the application, I filled master degree. I think it must be HR in our company changed that at the last moment without notifying me).

Does this mean I have to go with EB-3 instead of EB-2? What shall I do now? Thanks for any response.

Case details:

State: MD
PD: 01/10/2003
45 day letter: 01/2006
ETA case number: P-05153-*****
EB-2/Eb-3???
Well, whatever your screenshot displays and whatever category you have been approved in is what you would go with. I think.

am_frustrated said:
danaya, my occupation title is "Software Engineer" and i havent seen the add that they posted.

thanks, am! this is really scary.. they have come up with this new hurdle overnight. they will not simply go easy on us. :(

It is not a screenshot. I got the copy of the certified form.
There is nothing on it talking about eb-2 or eb-3. It is just the "degree required" part is filled as bachelor's degree.

am_frustrated said:
Well, whatever your screenshot displays and whatever category you have been approved in is what you would go with. I think.

as per my knowledge, if Years of experience required is less than 5 years than your case will be treated as eb-3

Thanks. Is there anything I can do now to change it back to EB-2? Because I do have a master's degree.
And how bad is EB-3? Besides the cut-off date issue.

nk01 said:
as per my knowledge, if Years of experience required is less than 5 years than your case will be treated as eb-3

I don't think you can do anything now (once labor has been approved) to change an eb-3 case to eb-2. Apart from Cut-off date issue I don't think there is any difference in the "quality" of the GC application

45 days letter ?

HI
Is PBEC mailed 45 days letter to all remaining cases [on or before June 30] ?

MM_67

PD : Jan 2005
EB3-RIR, CT
45 days letter : ????

am_frustrated said:
nk01,

I can only speculate, but it may have to do with bubble burst and consequent massive layoffs all over around that time period. They probably scouted through the applications and figured that too many qualified US/GC candidates were available then to fill the jobs and they are doubtful over employer's undertaken efforts to fill the position. Which leads me to believe that the employer may not have had the right balance of skills and experience published in the add. Or as you mentioned, the employer may have not posted the advertisement for recommended period and / or may not have followed all the recommended procedures. And probably, speaking for myself, additional factor was lack of awarness over the procedure and lack of willingness to ping employer every now and then to make sure he was doing the right thing. All put together, i think we have a rejected RIR process.

Im assuming they will now assign us a "recruitment agent" who will monitor the recruitment process. The adds will be posted at his choice of place, i guess at www.ajb.com and the applications would be routed to the employer. Employer may additionally have to place adds in other news papers and do an internal posting which is quite visible to all of his staff. Upon receipt of applications interviews may have to be conducted and proper reasons for denial may have to be given. At the end of it a satifactory report on an individual or collective basis may have to be provided to the "recruitement agent" who will then adjudicate the application.

Im almost getting scared now. Anyways, following are my unanswered questions.
- Would/Should the new add be in consistence with current experience/skills or the old one?
- If current then can we request them to shift application to EB2 now, since we are now quailfied for EB2?

It has to be absolutley same ( word to word match) as the original advertisement.
The positive side of this is , it would be very hard to find an American Worker who would be willing to now join your company with the prevaling wage that was offered for the position at that time. If you see the current prevailing wage for the same position in the same location, it will be off by 20K. So, I think no body would even apply for that position now. Also, the job market now is much better than it was during 2002-2003, so there are not many guys who are jobless.

No way. The priority date is only valid with your old labor application.

Last edited by a moderator:
danaya said:
thanks, am! this is really scary.. they have come up with this new hurdle overnight. they will not simply go easy on us. :(
danaya, im not sure of how bad this is, but my lawyer said it may take another 45 days and he is very positive about this whole ordeal. The procedure that we may have to go thorough is a regular TP process.

sonu_Aug_2002 said:
It has to be absolutley same ( word to word match) as the original advertisement.
The positive side of this is , it would be very hard to find an American Worker who would be willing to now join your company with the prevaling wage that was offered for the position at that time. If you see the current prevailing wage for the same position in the same location, it will be off by 20K. So, I think no body would even apply for that position now. Also, the job market now is much better than it was during 2002-2003, so there are not many guys who are jobless.

No way. The priority date is only valid with your old labor application.
thx sonu! How can i find out what the current prevailing wage is for the position? BTW, im hoping your response was factual and not speculative, right?

Details changed

I got the screenshot which is different from earlier.
Occupation Title, Occupation code, Rate of Pay and Prevailing wage is different now.

However it does say other details as :
Processing Type: RIR
Case Received Date: 08/12/2002

Not sure how they changed the details in one week. I am worried that they might change the Processing Type (from RIR to TR) and send a letter for additional recruiting ... :mad:....Thats going to take for ever. They have not come up with guidelines for that even....Its all big mess.. :mad: