Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

altug said:
Guys,

My attorney received my approval letter this morning. My details are in my signature.

I had the PERM process started a while ago; everything was ready, we were planning to file it this week. Then I received this approval letter when I lost all hope from PBEC. Frankly, I was thinking they never received my 45-day letter and closed my case or something, just like many other in this forum. Now is there any harm to file with PERM regardless? When PERM comes through, I can still keep my old PD, right? I am from a non-retrogressed country, but still.... When something happens after wait of 4 years, you don't wanna take any chance.

I want to thank everyone here. Even though I didn't write much, I have been reading this daily and learned so much. Thanks again.... And wish you all good luck.

Congratulations!
Which state you applied from?

altug said:
Guys,

My attorney received my approval letter this morning. My details are in my signature.

I had the PERM process started a while ago; everything was ready, we were planning to file it this week. Then I received this approval letter when I lost all hope from PBEC. Frankly, I was thinking they never received my 45-day letter and closed my case or something, just like many other in this forum. Now is there any harm to file with PERM regardless? When PERM comes through, I can still keep my old PD, right? I am from a non-retrogressed country, but still.... When something happens after wait of 4 years, you don't wanna take any chance.

I want to thank everyone here. Even though I didn't write much, I have been reading this daily and learned so much. Thanks again.... And wish you all good luck.
Congrats !

Which state? RIR/TR? How many times you enquired the status from H17 email address and 202 number?

that's scary...
my case was filed around the same time...
does this mean that delayed cases will get a NOF?

could you share more details about your recruitment efforts?

here is what my attorney said about my recruitment...
"The recruitment appears to be solid and your company provided information regarding the applicants who applied for the position"

hope the analyst sees the same way...

venkatg_gc said:
Hi

My labor was applied as EB2 RIR from califorinia State in Sep 02.My employer received a NOF saying that

" Your request for a reduction in recruitment is denied.This request is denied because labor market information in the area of intended employment indicated that there are available U.S. workers.Federal regulations require an employer to make a good faith effort to recruit U.S. resident workers before an application for alien labor certification can be approved.Pursuant to GAL 1-97 and 20 CFR 656.21(i) we are processing this application as a traditional case according to the date of this letter.You will be contacted by this office with instructions pertaining to post-application recruitment."

Job requirement is MS+0 or BS+5. I have BS+6 yeras experience.

Did anybody get this type of NOF? Any suggestions in this matter? I will appreciate your response

PD :Sep16.2002
RD: Aug,03
45 Days replied :Feb 2005
Case Number p-0432X-XXXXX

F16 said:
Hi Skanna17,

Mine is also very close to yours.
My PD:11-Dec-02
State: NJ, EB2/RIR
45 Day letter replied in Nov'2005

Stresstest is also very close to us.
we are all pretty much on the same boat.
Is there any thread exclusively for NJ?

I am also close to your date - EB2 and the 45 day letter timing for all of us seems same...

The PERM filing wont have an impact on the orginal labor. However, to port the Priority Date, you need the I-140 approval too. My 2 cents.

altug said:
Guys,

va_aug_2002 said:
Congrats !

Which state? RIR/TR? How many times you enquired the status from H17 email address and 202 number?

I applied from Virginia and it was an RIR case. I did not enquire at all. I didn't at all use the screenshot or the 202 number. Thats why I was thinking my application was closed, looking at all the approvals from Nov and Dec. I didn't even know what was happening. I wanted to do it so badly but some of the guys here really scared me with stories about how they track it and use it against you, etc. etc. However, my honest opinion is that it makes no difference. There is no way these people can track that. In fact I wish they had that kind of capability and technology, then all our applications would have been approved long ago. But they don't. I was just trying to be safe by not checking, just in case. As I mentioned before you don't want to risk anything after you wait for 4 years.

Anyone knows any good forums like this for I-140?

You Are 100% Right

altug said:
I applied from Virginia and it was an RIR case. I did not enquire at all. I didn't at all use the screenshot or the 202 number. Thats why I was thinking my application was closed, looking at all the approvals from Nov and Dec. I didn't even know what was happening. I wanted to do it so badly but some of the guys here really scared me with stories about how they track it and use it against you, etc. etc. However, my honest opinion is that it makes no difference. There is no way these people can track that. In fact I wish they had that kind of capability and technology, then all our applications would have been approved long ago. But they don't. I was just trying to be safe by not checking, just in case. As I mentioned before you don't want to risk anything after you wait for 4 years.

Anyone knows any good forums like this for I-140?

Had I checked my screen shot earlier my labor would have been approved by this time. They were treating my case as TR intsead of RIR . after repeated reminders and letters , emails they removed my case from TR and placed in RIR . Guys I can rest assure you they have no way to track you that you are calling them or requesting then screen shot so cool down.....

Scary Sh**

Guys,

This is really scary sh**. After waiting for 4 years they are telling us that your case can't be RIR ?

I am also scared that they might start sending NOF's to those who are still waiting. A couple of my friends who had PD in Dec 02 have already been approved but I haven't seen anything.

Then again may be they are just picking up cases randomly :-(

Can anyone post the 202 # and PBEC # again? I have never called earlier to check the status but now I am getting anxious and want to call and find out.

BTW, does the employer need to call the 202 # or can I call?

Thanks

schmooze said:
that's scary...
my case was filed around the same time...
does this mean that delayed cases will get a NOF?

could you share more details about your recruitment efforts?

here is what my attorney said about my recruitment...
"The recruitment appears to be solid and your company provided information regarding the applicants who applied for the position"

hope the analyst sees the same way...

I think your employer or lawyer must call..
could you post the info if you call them...

my lawyer and employer are very reluctant to call...

2002calabor said:
Guys,

This is really scary sh**. After waiting for 4 years they are telling us that your case can't be RIR ?

I am also scared that they might start sending NOF's to those who are still waiting. A couple of my friends who had PD in Dec 02 have already been approved but I haven't seen anything.

Can anyone post the 202 # and PBEC # again? I have never called earlier to check the status but now I am getting anxious and want to call and find out.

Thanks

Schmooze

I can't help but think that perhaps the ETA# P-04321 -xxxx has some implication. I noticed that your ETA # is similar to mine.

CA, EB2 - RIR
PD: 11-18-2002
45 DL : Not Received
ETA# P-04321-05XXX

well actually mine is reeaaally close to venkat_gc

P-04322-06XXX

I am looking at the tracker for CA cases with Sept/Oct 2002 pd that are still pending and the ETA numbers are as follows

P-0432X-XXXXX
P-04320-XXXXX
P-04322-00XXX
P-04324-XXXXX
P-04320-XXXXX
P-04306-3XXXX
P-04322-XXXXX
P-0432X-XXXXX

P-0506X-XXXXX

P-04306-05XXX
P-04358-XXXXX
P-04324-XXXXX
P-04321-04XXX

rir2002 said:
Schmooze

I can't help but think that perhaps the ETA# P-04321 -xxxx has some implication. I noticed that your ETA # is similar to mine.

CA, EB2 - RIR
PD: 11-18-2002
45 DL : Not Received
ETA# P-04321-05XXX

Philadelphia, Non-RIR Labor Approved PD:10/2/2002

Dear Friends .

I got an email from attorney that my approved Labor Certification received on today's mail".
I pray and wish all of you will come out of this waiting soon, thank you all for everything.

Non-RIR, location:philadelphia

PD:10/2/2002,
Regional Received date: 06/09/2004
PBEC application received date: 10/13/2004
45 Days letter: 03/31/2005
Response to 45day Letter: 4/12/2005
1 st 7YR extension Screen shot reuest: sept/16th/2005, got response with Status as: data Review
toal 5 times requested and no status after 1st time.
Final 7YR Screen Shot request: 6/22/06 no status on the top it says " This is in response to your Pending Application for Fareign Labor Employment Certification."
LC Approved notice received by mail to Attorney : today 06/29/2006
ETA case Number: P-04287-195XX

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked my HR to call the 202 number and spoke to a guy who confirmed that my case is waiting for an analyst. Did not give an estimate of when it might get cleared.

But I am just happy that my case is not lost. I was worried since cases are being lost and cases are being closed for some reason.

In my short life, this is the hardest thing that i have had to face. I wish that KARMA does exist and everyone gets their payback.

202 number did not work for my HR

I asked my HR to call the 202 number. The manager called but the number came out to be invalid. She called PBEC's published number. PBEC told her that only attorneys can check the status.

Did we kill that 202 number? Do they think that the applicant's are posing as HR and calling?

2002calabor said:
Guys,

Thanks

AnandNJ said:
Dear Friends .

I got an email from attorney that my approved Labor Certification received on today's mail".
I pray and wish all of you will come out of this waiting soon, thank you all for everything.

Non-RIR, location:philadelphia

PD:10/2/2002,
Regional Received date: 06/09/2004
PBEC application received date: 10/13/2004
45 Days letter: 03/31/2005
Response to 45day Letter: 4/12/2005
1 st 7YR extension Screen shot reuest: sept/16th/2005, got response with Status as: data Review
toal 5 times requested and no status after 1st time.
Final 7YR Screen Shot request: 6/22/06 no status on the top it says " This is in response to your Pending Application for Fareign Labor Employment Certification."
LC Approved notice received by mail to Attorney : today 06/29/2006
ETA case Number: P-04287-195XX

Congratulations!
Good to see some PA approvals. Good luck for next steps.

Frustrating

Is there any way to get the case status???
I called the PBEC # and they redirected me to an automated response. I called 202 # and same thing.

Where are all the veterans of this forum? Has everyone been approved already?

i think you should get your employer or lawyer to call the 202 number. from the posts here, you can leave a voice mail and they do get back to you.

2002calabor said:
Is there any way to get the case status???
I called the PBEC # and they redirected me to an automated response. I called 202 # and same thing.

Where are all the veterans of this forum? Has everyone been approved already?

PBEC Sucks!!!!!

I am normally a patient person and don't want to say any bad words for anything, but cannot help.....PBEC is an extremely nightmare. Three of my friends who filed LC in Oct 2004 and March 2005 have got approvals from Dallas Center, PBEC is still processing 2002 cases, PBEC Sucks!!!!! I need to vent.....

Manager called up 202 #.

Hi Folks,

Whenever I ask our attorney, get the same response that we haven't heard anything about your case and unfortunately there's no way to find out the current status. My manager called up couple of times and got hold of live person who told him that my case is quite close to final determination but there's one NOF letter sent to attorney and should be responded within 35 days before it can proceed for final determination...And, I told attorney the same thing and they said they haven't received any NOF letter yet. Its a complete utter mess.

Anyway, fight is ON and have patience/faith in GOD, we will be fine :)

NY, RIR, EB3
Apr' 02
45 DL recd and replied : OCt' 05.
Labor approval : fight is still ON