Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

how_long said:
Hi Guys,

I received a letter from PBEC yesterday stating my case has been certified.

EB2 - RIR
Date filed - 2002-Philly, PA
Sent to Regional - August, 2003
45 day letter-Jan 2005
Certified - 05/23/2006

I have been a silent member for really long, thanks for all the support. good luck to all those in waiting. you will get yours soon :D :D

Congrats! :) Which month in 2002 was your case filed? Thanks.

how_long said:
Hi Guys,

I received a letter from PBEC yesterday stating my case has been certified.

EB2 - RIR
Date filed - 2002-Philly, PA
Sent to Regional - August, 2003
45 day letter-Jan 2005
Certified - 05/23/2006

I have been a silent member for really long, thanks for all the support. good luck to all those in waiting. you will get yours soon :D :D

ONce you get more info, can you post the details of your PD and first part of your case # ? Thanks - MDwatch

Retaining PD AFTER PERM approval

Fellow sufferers,
With a PD of 1/05 in EB3, and evergreen PBEC mess, I decided to do a fresh PERM. Before doing so, I explored the option of conversion. Ever helpful PBEC do not even my case in their system. Being in 6th year, I said, hell with PBEC and went for PERM.

Today I have a LC approved with PD 5/06 (approved in 2.5 weeks.)

My question is, is there any way at all(I knw DOL makes your life harder) to retain the old PD whenever the "45 day love letter" comes?

The case is EXACT as in exact.

Case Closed

oh well ... got a letter from PBEC that they have closed my case. We had promptly replied to the 45-day letter within days of the 45-day letter receipt. Now, I'm in the process of getting it re-opened. Talked with my attorney and he said that mine was the 3rd of his cases that he has seen getting closed by PBEC even after the respective employer had promptly responded to the 45-day letter. PBEC woes continue ...

Does anyone know what exact documents are required to re-open the case or a simple letter/fax is enough ?? Also, how many days it takes these morons to re-open the case ??

Thanks for your replies. :mad:

RD - Never Made it
State - MD
45-Day Letter Received - 03/17/2006
45-Day Letter Replied - 03/19/2006
Case Closed - 06/01/2006

Reopening the case

Last year when my company received the letter that BEC is closing my case for not receiving the reply to 45 DL, it was the same scenerio. My HR had replied the letter within time.

In response to closure letter, my company lawyer sent them copies of all the docs that were originally sent with reply, along with a cover letter saying that the closure was in error as the response was sent in time. She also attached the copies of FedEx receipt, the tracking data showing that it reached them in time and the copy of the signed acknowledgement mentioning who signed for it at BEC.

There was no response from PBEC if they re-opened the case or not. So the lawyer called them and confirmed it that they will be opening it.

From my side I had called PBEC and mentioned that I am calling about the case closure by error. The lady agreed to look up the case and call me back. To my surprise, she did call me back and confirmed that they had received the original reply in time but it was misplaced and was not filed in my case file. She also confirmed that they received the reply to case closure as well and now everything is being filed in proper (my) case file and the case is now open.

Now I know for sure that they did reopen the case, as I received NOF last month.

Hope this helps.

Sahil2002 said:
oh well ... got a letter from PBEC that they have closed my case. We had promptly replied to the 45-day letter within days of the 45-day letter receipt. Now, I'm in the process of getting it re-opened. Talked with my attorney and he said that mine was the 3rd of his cases that he has seen getting closed by PBEC even after the respective employer had promptly responded to the 45-day letter. PBEC woes continue ...

Does anyone know what exact documents are required to re-open the case or a simple letter/fax is enough ?? Also, how many days it takes these morons to re-open the case ??

Thanks for your replies. :mad:

RD - Never Made it
State - MD
45-Day Letter Received - 03/17/2006
45-Day Letter Replied - 03/19/2006
Case Closed - 06/01/2006

status check

Anyone who got their approval, did you check status at the famous h1b7yr email address?
(I searched the thread for this info, couldnt find it. If there already is a message regarding this, can you please direct me there?
Thanx a bunch,

mvinays said:
Congrats! :) Which month in 2002 was your case filed? Thanks.

Tell me you are kidding....anyways, my friend i would suggest you to stay calm. My PD is Aug'2003. Spoke with my attorney. According to her, since PBEC is processing end of 2002, ours should be getting cleared soon, withing a couple of months.

Lets just keep hope....not lose it!!!!

RC

bhatt said:
Congrates kk_kK. :)

It seems that PBEC is processing case for which they have send 45-day letter recently.
For those who has received the f'king 45-day letter before one year will receive another 45-day letter, as they have to process the BACKLOG of reply letter to their 45 day Letter. :mad:

tutuzi said:
161, my screenshot also got all the fields filled except prevailing wage. Is yours same as mine?
mine shows prevailing wage all the time I got the screenshots but just this time had more information

Hi, what is the contact number did you used when calling PBEC?
Who's that lady?

nviren said:
Last year when my company received the letter that BEC is closing my case for not receiving the reply to 45 DL, it was the same scenerio. My HR had replied the letter within time.

In response to closure letter, my company lawyer sent them copies of all the docs that were originally sent with reply, along with a cover letter saying that the closure was in error as the response was sent in time. She also attached the copies of FedEx receipt, the tracking data showing that it reached them in time and the copy of the signed acknowledgement mentioning who signed for it at BEC.

There was no response from PBEC if they re-opened the case or not. So the lawyer called them and confirmed it that they will be opening it.

From my side I had called PBEC and mentioned that I am calling about the case closure by error. The lady agreed to look up the case and call me back. To my surprise, she did call me back and confirmed that they had received the original reply in time but it was misplaced and was not filed in my case file. She also confirmed that they received the reply to case closure as well and now everything is being filed in proper (my) case file and the case is now open.

Now I know for sure that they did reopen the case, as I received NOF last month.

Hope this helps.

It was last year in May. I don't remember the number or the lady's name.
The number was the regular contact number published for PBEC.

adallac said:
Hi, what is the contact number did you used when calling PBEC?
Who's that lady?

NOF Details..

Could you please share the details of NOF you received for your case. Also did you reply to that?
That info is going to be very helpful to the readers here.

Thanks

nviren said:

Hope this helps.

va_aug_2002 said:
Aug03,

I am planning to do the same thing but are you sure you can file for new PERM and new I140 even before approval of first labor/140 approval whose Priority date you want to use in 485 stage? My lawyer said we have to wait till I 140 approval.

If you have any document/link supporting you can file for new PERM even before first Labor approved can you please post it here ?

Thanks.

Va_aug_2002,

Please check this out: http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/faqsanswers.asp#filing12.

Multiple LC application for the same beneficiary by the same employer is allowed if these applications are for different job oppurtunities and that these are existing bona fide job oppurtunities. For e.g. if an EB-3 LC application is pending for position 'Software Developer' than it is possible to file an EB-2 for the same beneficiary for position 'Senior Software Engineer'. However, BOTH 'Software Developer' and 'Senior Software Engineer' should be bona fide positions available to be refered to a US worker. Meaning, if you have a pending LC for Software Developer's position and you apply for Senior Software Engineer's position, the previous position should still be available.

In my case, there are two positions actually available at my company. I was working in the position advertised for my EB-3 application and recently got promoted to the EB-2 position we got my PERM approved for.

Hope this helps.

Do BECs profile companies?

Hi Gurus here,

Do BECs profile companies?
I am asking because my comapny, a consulting firm received an NOF and Intent to deny notice asking for business necessity justification for a EB2 (BS + 5 years) case applied in Dec 2002. The notice deadline was Apr. 17, 2006. My company chose not to answer the notice and let the case be denied as the person is no more with them. This was a first intent to deny issued for my company in its history of more that 50 LC over last 5-7 years.

Within 10 days of that deadline we received NOF and Intent to deny for my LC case which is also EB2 (BS + 5 years).

Looking at this I feel that the BECs/PBEC profile the companies and assumes that certain companies bump up the job requirements in LC.

Are there any other cases here that support my hypothesis? Or is it a sheer coincidence?

What do you guys think?

mdgc,

I will share the details of NOF shortly.

mdgc2001 said:
Could you please share the details of NOF you received for your case. Also did you reply to that?
That info is going to be very helpful to the readers here.

Thanks

H1B 8th year with recently Approved labor

Hi,

I got my labor approved 3 weeks before. My lawyer is preparing the paperworks for my I-140/I-485 filing. My H1B is about to expire in August.

Can I apply for my H1B extension with just my approved labor? Do I need I140/I-485 reciept for applying the H1B extension? I have seen in some forums that I can apply H1B extensions beyond 6 years only if my I-140 or labor is pending for more than a year. What is my situation here?

Can anyone give me some information on this?

Thanks,
balurams