Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

balurams said:
Hi,

I got my labor approved 3 weeks before. My lawyer is preparing the paperworks for my I-140/I-485 filing. My H1B is about to expire in August.

Can I apply for my H1B extension with just my approved labor? Do I need I140/I-485 reciept for applying the H1B extension? I have seen in some forums that I can apply H1B extensions beyond 6 years only if my I-140 or labor is pending for more than a year. What is my situation here?

Can anyone give me some information on this?

Thanks,
balurams

when was your labour application filed? So your h1 for 7th year expires 08/2006 which means that you started your 7th year on 08/2005 right? If so your labour PD(filing date) should be earlier than 08/2004 for you to apply for 8th/9th... year extensions.
This is my understanding, i may be wrong

H1B 8th year with recently Approved labor

bayareagc said:
when was your labour application filed? So your h1 for 7th year expires 08/2006 which means that you started your 7th year on 08/2005 right? If so your labour PD(filing date) should be earlier than 08/2004 for you to apply for 8th/9th... year extensions.
This is my understanding, i may be wrong

My labor was filed in 2002. I have not filed my I140/I485 yet.

No problem in 7th year ext.

Then there is no problem. Your LC was pending way more than 1 year.

One can file for 7th and nth year extensions if 1)one have a labor pending for at least a year or 2) if the I-140 is approved.

You are good to go. Just attach a copy of certified LC to I-129.

balurams said:
My labor was filed in 2002. I have not filed my I140/I485 yet.

huroger said:
I just received 45 days letter.
Should I have to FAX and MAIL the response? or I can just FAX it?

Boss...

people who fedex-ed and couriered their 45 day replies are still holding their breath and heart in their mouth not hear back any 'we dint recieve your 45 day reply letter'...

Fax and courier with all possible combinations and make sure Stefan Stefanko signs it... ;)

Dear StressTest,

It looks like yours and mine PD's are very close. Can we expect our LC's in a month? Here is my ETA Case Number: P-05143-3XXXX

what do you think?
:)

nviren said:
Then there is no problem. Your LC was pending way more than 1 year.

One can file for 7th and nth year extensions if 1)one have a labor pending for at least a year or 2) if the I-140 is approved.

You are good to go. Just attach a copy of certified LC to I-129.

sorry, I think he needs to see a lawyer ... if he has just gotten his labor approved, then his labor is NOT pending anymore, and he has not filed the 140. He's in right in the middle ! He needs to file 140 asap and only AFTER it gets approved he can use it for H1B extension ...

just my opinion ...

Here is my case details and still waiting to hear the good news from PBEC. Please share with me if anyone has same case details as mine and still waiting for approval.

PD Oct 9, 2002
RIR
EB2
Case Source: Region
Case ID: P-0506*-*****
Case Status: Not yet approved

Saknia-I really appreciate your input on my case

Thanks

No, he is good.

The idea behind providing the facility for you to stay in US beyond 6 year was that your GC process was started one year back. The system could not process it within one year and hence you should be given a facility to persue it by staying here. What is important is to prove that the process was started more than at least a year. We, the GC aspirants, tend to word it to say LC should be pending for > 1 year.

But as long as the process was started one year back and is still valid, one should be able to stay in US and persue it, irrespective of LC pending or LC certified.

The logic behind letting you persue the process if your I-140 is approved (irrespective of the age of the process) is (my guess) that the progress has advanced to advenced stage and hence should be allowed to persue by letting you stay here.

Disclaimer: Just my opinion. I am not a lawyer. Seek a competent legal advice.

cantstandit said:
sorry, I think he needs to see a lawyer ... if he has just gotten his labor approved, then his labor is NOT pending anymore, and he has not filed the 140. He's in right in the middle ! He needs to file 140 asap and only AFTER it gets approved he can use it for H1B extension ...

just my opinion ...

F16 said:
Dear StressTest,

It looks like yours and mine PD's are very close. Can we expect our LC's in a month? Here is my ETA Case Number: P-05143-3XXXX

what do you think?
:)

I'll jump with joy into the clouds if it is in a month...!!

I am all mentally set up my mind for end of year to avoid any disappointments ....my poor mind is wearing out with this shit...!!

StressTestInUSA said:
I'll jump with joy into the clouds if it is in a month...!!

I am all mentally set up my mind for end of year to avoid any disappointments ....my poor mind is wearing out with this shit...!!

Finally got 45 day letter.
MdWatch, please update my info in the tracker.
NJ RIR Dec 2002.
Never went to regional.
45 day received mid-May 2006, replied end of May.

I hope we are next in the line, but I don't want to raise false hope, so just holding on to the thought that I will get it by Sept 2007.

Al_FL said:
Can anyone tell me how to access the tracker?

Thanks

You will find the latest tracker update by clicking on the link in my signature. It is an excel spreadsheet that you can download and look at :)

USCISisMockery said:
NJ RIR Dec 2002.
Never went to regional.

I hope we are next in the line, but I don't want to raise false hope, so just holding on to the thought that I will get it by Sept 2007.

Congrats my friend !!! finally the 45 day love letter .... and at a time when they are approving that range of dates ..... well Sept 2007 is the date to keep in mind ;)

Aug03 said:
Va_aug_2002,

Please check this out: http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/faqsanswers.asp#filing12.

Multiple LC application for the same beneficiary by the same employer is allowed if these applications are for different job oppurtunities and that these are existing bona fide job oppurtunities. For e.g. if an EB-3 LC application is pending for position 'Software Developer' than it is possible to file an EB-2 for the same beneficiary for position 'Senior Software Engineer'. However, BOTH 'Software Developer' and 'Senior Software Engineer' should be bona fide positions available to be refered to a US worker. Meaning, if you have a pending LC for Software Developer's position and you apply for Senior Software Engineer's position, the previous position should still be available.

In my case, there are two positions actually available at my company. I was working in the position advertised for my EB-3 application and recently got promoted to the EB-2 position we got my PERM approved for.

Hope this helps.
Aug03,

Thank you very much for the link. Its very helpful.

It only says about multiple applications for same employer, job opportunity, and alien. Is it possible to apply new PERM (before the approval of first 140 approval) through new employer? Or if there is change of employer and we want to retain the priority date, we have to wait for first I140 approval?

Thanks.

Any idea about PD retrogression?

Guys,
Can you provide some educated guesstimates on how long will the PD retrogression last?
Without any relief from the lawmakers, when can we expect to see the PD for EB3 move to Oct, 2004?
Any ideas?
frog

USCISisMockery said:
NJ RIR Dec 2002.
Never went to regional.

Congrats, Mockery! :)
Hope you get your approval soon...

Anand , our PD's are close , let hope for the best

Anand_Oct2002 said:
Here is my case details and still waiting to hear the good news from PBEC. Please share with me if anyone has same case details as mine and still waiting for approval.

PD Oct 9, 2002
RIR
EB2
Case Source: Region
Case ID: P-0506*-*****
Case Status: Not yet approved

Saknia-I really appreciate your input on my case

Thanks