Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

ireddy said:
Going by approvals we received y'day (me and my frind got approvals on same day as we replied the 45 day letter same time in March 2005), you should be getting any time. Our case number started with: P-04323XXXXXX.

Thank you for sharing the info.

Waiting reply

Let me rephrase my question, I am planning to resign and leave the country (USA), so my question how long I can stay after my resignation. Is there any law that I should leave the country ASAP or I can stay for a month or so to wrap up things.

gchelpme said:
Guru - when you have already decided to leave then kyo na ek garam hathoda PBEC ko maaro... shayad logo ka bhala ho jaya:)

Anyway - I think you leaving decison would more depend upon what are the req of your new job i.e. if you r new job is to start in say June, then better resign now else if it is in say oct/nov then may be you can wait for another month or two... but PBEC ko jaroor hathoda maro bhai (not sure about your employer)

mast1006 said:
Let me rephrase my question, I am planning to resign and leave the country (USA), so my question how long I can stay after my resignation. Is there any law that I should leave the country ASAP or I can stay for a month or so to wrap up things.

You may check with a lawyer but I don't think there are strict rules if ;
a) your I-94 is still valid
b) your employer won't notify INS about your resignation (normally the case)

Last edited by a moderator:
An open letter to President

Thank you for your feedback.

You have a good point that “The immigrant who has been waiting for green card more than 3 years should be allowed 3-6months legal stay USA after he/she is out of status (lay off and company close or green card application is denied). We need enough time to sell our stuff such as house, car and set up new life for our family”. I’ll add this into our petition. We can not mention finding a new job since the reason for us to apply green card is that the employer can not find America or green card holder to do this job.

I have deleted a lot about illegal immigration to make this letter shorten in the version. But we need to have more people to pay attention to the legal immigration problem, so I will not just send this letter to President, but also many other places such as congress, media. Because illegal immigration is hot issue and President just had a speech about this. Media is more interested in news value and new view, otherwise they may be not interested in this kind letter. Also, legal immigration issue connects illegal immigration issue. It’s better to make legal immigration faster and easier.

katrina17 said:
we don't need to give suggestion to illegal immigrant as we are stressing out to cover ourself.

The letter is long enough already explaining our situation (our pain and suffering as legal immigrant trying to get greencard and has to see our carrer path down to hill as we can't move forward ) so why bother give Mr President suggestion about illegal immigrant.

If I can add in to the letter is for security. Just incase we've got lay off or our company closing in the midle of GC processed that we don't have to be out of status immediately but give us time at least 3-6 month to find another job or prepare our self either to change status, sell our things before go back home and start all over again.
or at least for people that has been waiting for GC for more than 3 years and in at least second H1b Extension to be able to adjust their status or at least get EAD besides advance parole to travel.

Aren't we prove our self long enough that we are worthy in this country by able to stay in the work force during economy hardship for that long, paying our tax, donate to non profit organization,volunteer in any occasion, be a good resident by stay out of trouble, stay behind the shadow to make sure nothing jeopardize our status and not able to enjoy any priviledge this country offer such as scholarship, medicare, loan and other resident and citizen who paid tax can have.

but who are we to request such as priviledge.

like some people say this is just my 2 cent.

Hope all of us can get out of this mess soon :)

Screen shot

nohope_for_lc said:
Something wrong with your priority date. Priority date is very important. So check with PBEC. I got my original PD on my screen shot.

Could you tell me how to get information from screen shot? Thank you.

An open letter to president

Thank you for your feedback. I have re-written the letter, but I have one thing which need to be confirmed with you. Which source of "about 145K EB3 quotas unused due to the serious delay in immigration service" did you get from? Is it true? I have explained the reason we need to keep something about illega immigration issue in this letter in my reply to katrina17.

PBECVictim10000 said:
Want to say THANK YOU first for drafting the letter. Regardless how imperfect it is, your efforts are highly appreciated. Here are my suggestions -

-Make it shorter.
-Only focus on Legal Immigrants' issues - BECs and retrogression (or only BEC delay??? let majority of this forum memebers decide.)
-Use facts and numbers wherever possible. (i.e. I read from another forum that during 2001-2004, there was about 145K EB3 quotas unused due to the serious delay in immigration service....we know that one of the suggestions on AILA's proposal is to re-capture the unused quota, for most of us being EB3 applicants after the BEC nightmare, 145K quota means a tremendous help, we need President to be aware of the fact.)

I am ready to sign the letter whenever we have the finalized the version.

bluesky133 said:
We need action!

Dear immigrants:

I have drawn an open letter to President. Please review and contribute your opinion. We need union to fight for our green cards, otherwise many people don’t know our situation and nobody will pay high attention to legal immigration problem.

I have a couple of questions in my letter.

I read this at http://mitbbs.com/mitbbs_article_t.php?board=Immigration&gid=2465506&ftype=0

I also copied the whole thread here in below- sorry it should be 141k, not 145k, my typo.
Compete America endorsed the Senate Judiciary Committee's approval

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

the link:
http://competeamerica.org/news/alliance_pr/20051020_visashort.html

----------------------

Washington, D.C. - Compete America endorsed the Senate Judiciary Committee's
approval today of a budget reconciliation measure that would provide interim
relief from the current crisis-level shortage of H-1B and employment-based
visas (green cards).

Compete America believes the package will give American employers temporary,
but critical access to the talent needed for continued innovation, job
creation and economic expansion in the worldwide economy, even thought the
proposal was amended to halve the number of "recaptured" H-1B visas allowed
per year. In addition, the measure would more than meet the full Judiciary
Committee budget reconciliation obligation of $300 million over five years
through increased license and applications fees.

"The relief provided by the Senate bill is a stop-gap measure necessary to
ensure that the United States has the ability to attract and retain critical
talent." said Sandra Boyd, Vice President, National Association of
Manufacturers and Compete America Chair. "We are grateful to Chairman Specter
and Ranking Member Leahy for their leadership in moving the Senate in the
right direction on this issue. We look forward to working with the House
towards adoption of a similar measure."

Among the specifics of the measure approved today, the following are critical
to easing visa shortage, while raising significant Federal revenue:

o The measure would "recapture" employment-based (green card) immigrant visa
numbers that were available by statute but unused in previous years due to
processing backlogs, and make them available again at a rate of up to 90,000
per year;

o The measure would provide that only employment-based immigrants, and not
their spouses and children, would count toward the annual limit on employment-
based immigration; and

o It would "recapture" H-1B visa numbers that were available by statute but
unused in previous years, and make them available again at a rate of up to 30,
000 per year.
"At no time in our nation's history has the door been as closed to talent as
it is today," said Lynn Shotwell, Executive Director of the American Council
on International Personnel. "The H-1B visa quota for fiscal year 2006 was
exhausted well before the new fiscal year even began, and there are years-long
backlogs for green cards."

To illustrate the growing problem, Shotwell pointed to the fact that from 2001
to 2004, 141,365 employment-based third (EB-3) preference category visas were
left unused - despite significant demand - due to processing delays at the U.
S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

bluesky133 said:
Thank you for your feedback. I have re-written the letter, but I have one thing which need to be confirmed with you. Which source of "about 145K EB3 quotas unused due to the serious delay in immigration service" did you get from? Is it true? I have explained the reason we need to keep something about illega immigration issue in this letter in my reply to katrina17.

Labor !

Even I have received the 45 DL on feb 2nd and replied back by feb10th 2005, and after that I have not received any info from PBEC.

PD: Oct 2003.

crosslanes said:
Hi WVlabor:
I have been thinking am i the only guy from WV. Looks like the BEC has forgot about WV. Hope they open the WV cases soon. Keep me posted

Most probably 30 days, provided you still have I-94 current.

mast1006 said:

Check with your lawyer. Most probably 30 days from the day you stop working.
However, when you leave, nobody validate with your current employers, your last working day. But it is better to be safe side, please go by the book (specially after post 9/11 America). You never know who is your enemy.

If you have lot of things to wrap up, then wait to give resignation, untill you wrap up everything. Else, request your employer to give you leave of absence status.

My two cents..

Check with legal professionals..

mast1006 said:

Send an email to Rajiv Khanna with this question. He normally replies with in 1/2 business days (free of cost for the general FAQ type information).

my 2 cents.

NAYAK said:
Thanks for the response. Dec 1st, 2003 is the regional receipt date. 45 day letter received in dec 2004 and replied in feb 2005. Let me know my options now...thanks

if I were you, I would call up PBEC every otherday and ask about my status. I think all 2001 applicants should have the right to call PBEC and check the status. Send an emotional fax to PBEC director. Send the same fax to Eline Chao. Send email to the INFO with your PBEC number.

I did all these and it really worked for me. My Labor is certified by none other than Stefan Stefansco. (I don't know if that is same for all).
Even if these does no work, you will atleast feel good that you are making an effort toward this. (Not that you are not doing that already).

Just my opinion.

Time for a legal action????

I am amazed (to put it mildly) at passing of "citizenship plan" for illegals.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/17/immigration.ap/index.html

We have been struggling to get a simple bill passed for months (or years). We (and our employer) has spent tens of thousands of dollars for each Green card filing & H1 extensions. It is over 4 years for me in blocklog re-introduction center and I have filed for GC at every company that I worked for (without any luck, those companies went down).

How can we be penalized for following rules and being law abiding aliens (as opposed to "immigrants"). If they reward illegals with citizenship, why not do the same for every one (including us). We have paid all taxes, went through tons of paper work, keep all paper trail, closely follow any requests and respect law of the land, work hard (yet significantly "disadvantaged" compared to other colleagues), pay for huge visa fees for extensions, spouses are forced to "take care of family", etc.

Question: Can we take a class action suite. Probably, we should be compensated (for all our expenses and sufferings) as well. Please comment.

para_no_id said:
I am amazed (to put it mildly) at passing of "citizenship plan" for illegals.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/17/immigration.ap/index.html

We have been struggling to get a simple bill passed for months (or years). We (and our employer) has spent tens of thousands of dollars for each Green card filing & H1 extensions. It is over 4 years for me in blocklog re-introduction center and I have filed for GC at every company that I worked for (without any luck, those companies went down).

How can we be penalized for following rules and being law abiding aliens (as opposed to "immigrants"). If they reward illegals with citizenship, why not do the same for every one (including us). We have paid all taxes, went through tons of paper work, keep all paper trail, closely follow any requests and respect law of the land, work hard (yet significantly "disadvantaged" compared to other colleagues), pay for huge visa fees for extensions, spouses are forced to "take care of family", etc.

Question: Can we take a class action suite. Probably, we should be compensated (for all our expenses and sufferings) as well. Please comment.

I think you recently get a chance to come and browse this thread. Coz most of the people who comes and goes to this forum may well known about the possible effort in raising money for the lawsuit. I spent too much time talking to different people and tried to get their BEST opnion in filing the law-suit and realizing that many are in big hole, agreed in collecting few bucks to run the law-suit. But to my surprise, I think there are only few, I mean not more than 20 people who got affected by this BEC mess as clearly the result in generating the fund went hell. So, if you want to throw money it won't do anything. In order to pay for lawyer it will cost another 10K. I am still exploring the possibility without hiring lawyer and going to file by myself. I am going thru many doc, and trying to see if I can do anything just for myself, coz the selfishness of many people lead me believe that in this world its just ME, MYSELF and I. And call it an attitude or whatever, If anyone is not going to buy this, so be it. Lets see how far I can go without any lawyers help. If I succeed, I would be my ultimatum, otherwise I will just taste this being an failed attempt. Even the attorney is not going to fight in court, he will send a rep to represent him.

mast1006 said:
From Murthy.com
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDnograc.html

Mr. Hernandez specifically negated the existence of a ten-day grace period following employment termination. There are ten-day grace periods allowed in three other instances. These are (a) the H1B worker can be admitted to the U.S. up to 10 days prior to the validity of his/her petition; (b) the H1B worker has a ten-day grace period following the expiration of the period of admission; and (c) in the case of denials of extensions, the H1B worker is given up to ten days to depart the U.S. Unfortunately, termination of employment is not covered by any of these exceptions. Some find it hard to see why a terminated H1B worker should be treated any differently from the H1B worker whose period of H1B admission has expired. There is far less warning and predictability in cases of layoffs or of other terminations.

Rumors are also circulating about a 30-day grace period should INS deny an H1B petition or extension of status and require the person to depart the U.S. There is also a 60-day time frame, proposed by the INS itself in the June 19, 2001 Memo, analyzing the American Competitiveness in the Twenty First Century Act (AC21). In this memo, the INS discussed the law allowing a person to be eligible for H1B extensions beyond 6 years if the person previously held either H1B status or had an H1B visa. The INS surmised that the law envisioned that one who previously held H1B status should be entitled, possibly up to 60 days, to the benefits of that section of AC21. Efren Hernandez clarified that none of these grace periods applies in the case of an H1B worker who is terminated or laid off.

my info-pleae update

i tried changing in the tracker but could not

SWA: NY
Type: EB3 - RIR
RD: july 10 2003
45 DL Received: 3/25/06 Replied: 3/27/06
ETA# P-05188-02XXX

my friends
alka
SWA: NY
Type: EB3 - RIR
RD: april 30th 2003
45 DL Received: 1/23/06 Replied:1/23/06
ETA# do not know

guys ..

I finally got the snapshot .. i don't see below info on the snapshot ..

1. 45 day Letter sent/received status (nothing about the 45 day letter)
2. Case status: Open/Closed etc., (nothing about the case status)

Is this common? Does this mean - they received 45 Day Letter response and the case status is open/processing.

Thanks .. Mahi