Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Labor_From_MA said:
Thanks. We'll just wait and hope for the best.

Some Sameer2730 Details

PD - VA May 2002 (RIR)
RD - Jan 2004
45 day letter
Date Received = Feb 17th 2005
Date Responded = Feb 18th 2005

sameer2730 said:
Finally I got my labor. My specifics are
VA/RIR/May 2002/45 Day letter Feb 2005/Eb3.
Man, what a long wait. At least its heartening to know they have not forgotton the Eb3s.

Would you please kindly furnish the exact date and Case # specifics?

An open letter to President

We need action!

Dear immigrants:

I have drawn an open letter to President. Please review and contribute your opinion. We need union to fight for our green cards, otherwise many people don’t know our situation and nobody will pay high attention to legal immigration problem.

I have a couple of questions in my letter.

Illegal immigration is a hot issue right now and I haven’t found many good ideas about it. In order to contribute our thoughts, I put illegal immigration content in the letter, also it may have more people to pay attention to this letter and realize how important to make immigrant coming to USA legally. But the letter is too long, I am afraid if people will read whole letter. Please let me know your opinion ------ delete this part or keep it.

One voice or two voices are nothing. More voices may mean something. Please put your information in the bottom of the letter. If you have any suggestion or amend this letter, you are no more than welcome to contribute your thoughts. I’ll re-write this letter after I gather more new ideas, then send to President, Congress and media.

In order for me to get information easily, please click http://boards.immigrationportal.com...799#post1421799 and put all information in the same thread. Thanks a lot.

NJ EB3 RIR
PD Aug. 2002
45 day letter received and replied in Sep. 2005
Email: bluesky133@hotmail.com

President George W. Bush
The President of the United States
U.S. White House
Washington, D.C. 20001

An open letter to President George W. Bush

Dear Mr. President:

We write to endorse your admirable commitment to immigration issues. Recently, more and more illegal immigrant issues are in the newspaper and on television. We appreciate the idea that you disagree to letting illegal immigrants become U.S. citizens since the United States is a legal system country.

We are legal immigrants. All of us are skilled people and paying taxes. We would like to contribute our intelligence and skills to this country’s economic and advance technology development, but we have endless worry and pain waiting for a green card! We are suffering!

The green card process is extremely slow after 911. Some of us have been waiting for labor certificates several years and still waiting without knowing anything, when and whether we can get approval or not. We cannot change our job when another position is more fitting to us and the employer cannot find this kind of skilled person during our endless waiting.

Although the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) has taken some steps to reform the process and two backlog centers in Philadelphia and Dallas to handle all national backlog cases. There are many problems such as:

45 day letter: After backlog case is entered into system, 45 day letter will be sent to the employers / attorney who must reply to this letter within 45 days, otherwise the case will be closed. But the backlog centers send 45 day letters are out of order. We are unable to trace our case status and don’t know the process time schedule. In case 45 day letter mail is missing, miss delivery or employer has replied to the letter, but backlog center hasn’t received it, all of those things happened are resulting in our case being closed, but we are still waiting until we receive a cased closed notice. Some cases are closed by error. Some people who submitted application in 2001 haven’t got a 45 day letter yet.

“First in, first out” rule: As a matter of fact, many labor certificate approvals come out without an order. Some people have been waiting more than four years and are still waiting, but some people who submitted their applications in 2003 and even in 2004 have got labor certificate approval!

Immigration processing retrogress: Even if we get labor certificate approval finally, we need to file 140 Form which may take several months to years. After #140 approval, because of retrogress ((#485 cut off date is May 1, 2001 for EB3, it's more than 5 years behind now. it moved only 4 months in the past more than two years!), we may still have to wait several years before we can file #485 and apply for advance parole which allow us to travel. Our work visa has to be extended again and again while waiting. Our spouse with H4 visa can’t go to work. We can’t make long term plans for ourselves and our family’s future. Some people are planning to go back to their motherland country or other countries where skilled people are welcomed. Some of our friends who are in foreign countries have no intention of moving to USA after they hear our stories. The USA may lose some highly educated and skilled people.

For most of us who go through the labor certificate process, it seems that we may have to spend a decade to go through the entire employment-based green card process if we are lucky enough to get it. If we fail to get approval in any stage, we may have to leave this country soon. It is a very long green card journey. The journey is in the darkness. Many of us haven’t visited our family members and friends in our motherland country for many years because of green card problem. Also, it is hard for our family members to get US visas to visit us. We are very homesick; we miss our family members and friends so much. We can’t stand being apart from our family especially when our parents are very sick, but we are unable to take care of them. Some people even missed seeing their parents one last time before they passed away. Dear President, you have a family, therefore you can imagine how tough it is for us. We have lost our freedom in some way.

All of the above is based on facts and our experiences. We earnestly request you, Mr. President, to pay high attention to legal immigrant issues. We have below petitions:

1. “First in, first out” rule, every stage of green card process must follow this rule. There are too many backlog cases which may be messed up; it’s hard for the backlog center to get every single case done orderly, so the priority date should go through all processes no matter when the approval of Labor Certificate and #140 is issued.
2. The Labor of Department makes public the process time schedule at least once a month. Applicants can trace their case status from internet.
3. To speed up the green card process.
4. Someone who has been staying in the USA more than five years or working in the USA more than three years should be free to get a travel visa to travel especially to their motherland no matter in what the stage of his/her green card.
5. Someone who has been working in the USA more than five years, his/her spouse should be allowed to get work permission.

Mr. President, we know you are worrying about this country’s security and illegal immigrant issues. We also concern about these issues and have below suggestions for your reference.

1. Illegal immigrants who have been staying the USA more than five years can get three year work visa and renew another three years once in the USA but not allowed to apply for green card unless they go back to their country to apply for work visa and enter this country with legal documents.
2. Illegal immigrants who have been staying in the USA less than 5 years but more than three years can get non-renewable three year work visa and not be allowed to apply for green card unless they leave the USA to apply for work visa and enter this country with legal documents.
3. Illegal immigrants who have been staying in the USA less than three years must leave the USA to apply for work visa and enter this country with legal documents.
4. Set up fast and simple channel to get work visa. Give illegal immigrants a chance to be legal immigrants based on their conduct and US job market requirement. In order to encourage illegal immigrants leave USA early and apply for work visa legally, besides green card’s condition, this type of work visa need quota limited every year and special rules including below factors: How many years have they been in the USA before, their family member status, their behavior such as paying taxes, do not commit crimes and others while they are in the USA.

Note: Above four points showed importance of legal system and give illegal immigrants a chance to correct their mistake from humanitarianism.

5. Make more strict laws against the employer who hires illegal immigrant and lawyer who makes counterfeit documents for illegal immigrants. Increases penalties for employing illegal aliens.
6. Limited illegal immigrant’s rights by laws. Such as: Cannot get any financial service (bank account, loan and credit card). Not allowed to buy a car and take any transportation, no driver’s license. Cannot rent and buy a house/apartment.
7. Anyone who provides above rights to illegal immigrant will be fined for breaking the law.
8. Illegal immigration laws must be published and announced on newspapers, TV and radio for a long time period, let everybody know those laws.

Note: After illegal immigrants realize it’s very difficult to work and live here without legal document, they may leave USA and get legal document into the USA. In case some illegal immigrants don’t want to leave the USA, it will be more and tougher for them to work and live here. Eventually, they have to leave the USA. Then more and more people who are outside of USA will try to come to USA legally.

9. New crossing border illegal immigrants must be immediate deported and left their fingerprints with 10 years prohibit entering USA.
Note: After those illegal immigrants went back with 10 years penalty, their family members, relatives and friends will know immediately and may stop to cross border automatically.

10. Set up fingerprint verify information system for everybody in the United State, which connects with personal ID and social security number.

Note: Since a lot of places have used this system, it will not cost huge amount of extra money to build this system for more places, but it will be a big help for the home security in the future and reduce other crimes such as stealing ID and social security number.

The above suggestions may solve illegal immigrant issues for fundamental reasons and make the homeland security more efficient from now and in the future. We don’t think it is a good ideal to build a border. It may waste money but will be no help in preventing illegal immigrants. Open the legal channel widely for the people who are qualified to come to USA and make illegal immigrant very tough to survive here, we think, this is the key to prevent illegal immigrants.

Mr. President, we are looking forward to your solving both legal and illegal immigrant problems successfully during you are in office.

Sincerely,
Legal Immigrants’ Ally

Number State Category PD 45 day letter Stage E-mail
No.1 NJ EB3 RIR Aug. 2002 Sep. 2005 LC Bluesky133@hotmail.com

sameer2730 said:
Finally I got my labor. My specifics are
VA/RIR/May 2002/45 Day letter Feb 2005/Eb3.
Man, what a long wait. At least its heartening to know they have not forgotton the Eb3s.

congrats

Please update my information in tracker.My details are in the signature.

BTW...Please post the updated tracker to me.

I appreciate your help.Thanks in advance

No 45 day letter so far ..

Sent an email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US and the case number in the reply message is P-05192-XXXXX. My priority date is 10/09/2003 and the case type is EB3 RIR. Can I expect the love letter soon?

Please add mine to the tracker.

Thanks.

EB3 - RIR
SWA: NY
PD:OCT 2003
ETA Case #: P-05192-XXXXX
No 45 day letter yet

Prioritydate for NON-RIR labor

I have the question on the priority date for NON RIR cases.
I have filed my labor in NON-RIR from RI in OCT 2002, RI SWA completed its efforts and about send to regional, meanwhile they are asked to send all these files to PBEC. I got the 45 day letter in DEC2005 and replied.

I recently received the screen shot of my application, my filing date shows OCT, 2002 but my priority date shows Apr, 2005. So what will be the priority date for NON-RIR cases? Is there anything wrong with my priority date or it will be the date when the recruitment efforts were done by SWA.

Please shed some light if anyone came across this situation.

Thanks in advance.
veek

That is not true.

Something wrong with your priority date. Priority date is very important. So check with PBEC. I got my original PD on my screen shot.

veek said:
I have the question on the priority date for NON RIR cases.
I have filed my labor in NON-RIR from RI in OCT 2002, RI SWA completed its efforts and about send to regional, meanwhile they are asked to send all these files to PBEC. I got the 45 day letter in DEC2005 and replied.

I recently received the screen shot of my application, my filing date shows OCT, 2002 but my priority date shows Apr, 2005. So what will be the priority date for NON-RIR cases? Is there anything wrong with my priority date or it will be the date when the recruitment efforts were done by SWA.

Please shed some light if anyone came across this situation.

Thanks in advance.
veek

At lease you have received your 45 day letter. My PD is August 4th 2003. No letter............approval ?? I didn't see any from MA for non RIR EB3 cases.

Labor approval from MA seems impossible to me. I am not sure if I will get it before my retirment.

Labor_From_MA said:
Hi,

My wife and I have been silent observers of this forum. Every approval we see is RIR and EB2. We have a few questions:

1. What is happening to NON RIR cases?
2. Will PBEC start approving them after they finish RIR?
3. Has there been any approvals from MA?
4. Is there hope for us NON-RIR EB3-ers in the near future?

Someone please answer. Thanks a lot in advance.

PD : Jul 2003
MA, EB3/NON-RIR
45 Letter: Sep 2005

Exclude 'advising' him about illegals

bluesky133 said:
We need action!

Dear immigrants:

I have drawn an open letter to President. Please review and contribute your opinion. We need union to fight for our green cards, otherwise many people don’t know our situation and nobody will pay high attention to legal immigration problem.

Illegal immigration is a hot issue right now and I haven’t found many good ideas about it. In order to contribute our thoughts, I put illegal immigration content in the letter, also it may have more people to pay attention to this letter and realize how important to make immigrant coming to USA legally. But the letter is too long, I am afraid if people will read whole letter. Please let me know your opinion ------ delete this part or keep it.

One voice or two voices are nothing. More voices may mean something. Please put your information in the bottom of the letter. If you have any suggestion or amend this letter, you are no more than welcome to contribute your thoughts. I’ll re-write this letter after I gather more new ideas, then send to President, Congress and media.

In order for me to get information easily, please click http://boards.immigrationportal.com...799#post1421799 and put all information in the same thread. Thanks a lot.

NJ EB3 RIR
PD Aug. 2002
45 day letter received and replied in Sep. 2005
Email: bluesky133@hotmail.com
:
:

bluesky133,

I think we should exclude advising him about what to do for illegal immigrants. Only emphasize on our issues. Again, it is my belief.

Too long - make it shorter.
Don't advise on illegals/security - those are not our issues. In fact don't advise the president on the U.S on anything - he's got plenty of advisors. Just focus on your problems.
Don't go into too much details about the immigration process.
Check spellings/grammar.

The link doesn't work.

bluesky133 said:
We need action!

Dear immigrants:

Want to say THANK YOU first for drafting the letter. Regardless how imperfect it is, your efforts are highly appreciated. Here are my suggestions -

-Make it shorter.
-Only focus on Legal Immigrants' issues - BECs and retrogression (or only BEC delay??? let majority of this forum memebers decide.)
-Use facts and numbers wherever possible. (i.e. I read from another forum that during 2001-2004, there was about 145K EB3 quotas unused due to the serious delay in immigration service....we know that one of the suggestions on AILA's proposal is to re-capture the unused quota, for most of us being EB3 applicants after the BEC nightmare, 145K quota means a tremendous help, we need President to be aware of the fact.)

I am ready to sign the letter whenever we have the finalized the version.

bluesky133 said:
We need action!

Dear immigrants:

Hi,
I saw this post in another group:

I heard that BPC is moving the cases to new center and will send another 45 days letter. Also it will be easy to track the status of these cases from the new center and new case id will also be assigned.

Don't know if this will help OR further delay the labor approval.

Does anyone have any information on this subject? Will this push back the process by another year or so?

PD 07/03NJ RIR EB2
No 45 day letter so far

NEverGreen said:
Hi,

I heard that BPC is moving the cases to new center and will send another 45 days letter. Also it will be easy to track the status of these cases from the new center and new case id will also be assigned.

Don't know if this will help OR further delay the labor approval.

Does anyone have any information on this subject? Will this push back the process by another year or so?

PD 07/03NJ RIR EB2
No 45 day letter so far

I did not heard about this, BUT if it is true then IS the new center is BPBEC . I mean BACK LOG for Philly backlog elimination center ? what a pathetic process is this in country like USA.

NEverGreen said:
Hi,

Can you provide the source/website of this info ?

Thanks

I found the following on a forum at ILW.com

I have applied the DOL in August 2004 in the State of Virginia. As you know applications have been sent to the backlog centers at Philadelphia and also Dallas.

According to DOL website applications for applicants requesting from the states like Virginia is being sent to Philadelphia center. However, I have found out that my application is ended up in Dallas!!!
Isn't it kind of strange?

Is PBEC transferring some files to DBEC because they are more efficient ?

question to saknia

Hi Saknia,

Correct me if I'm wrong.. i just notice that the all approval in PBEC are all EB2 with latest approval for priority month now is October 2002. And EB3 has latest approval for priority month of August, 2002.

I'm still waiting for my approval since my priority is september 2002, EB3, CA.

Hope this will make sense..

adallac said:
Hi Saknia,

Correct me if I'm wrong.. i just notice that the all approval in PBEC are all EB2 with latest approval for priority month now is October 2002. And EB3 has latest approval for priority month of August, 2002.

I'm still waiting for my approval since my priority is september 2002, EB3, CA.

Hope this will make sense..

For PBEC they are not considering EB2 or EB3. They are going by RIR & NOn RIR . If you are RIR and replied your 45 day letter you can expect your ssoon

Random thoughts on visa dates

I haven't seen any statistics on how many Indian applications are there under 245i for EB3. So did some research on 245i amendment requirements and this is my summary:

The requirements were physical presence on 12/21/2000 and approvable immigration petition/LC filed before 4/30/2001. Legal or illegal presence was fine and acceptable.

So even all of us who had filed LC as on Apr 30, 2001 would've been eligible for that. I realize I would've been eligible, but didn't think necessary to go that way and didnt even bother about that - 'cause the right royal LC path wasn't clogged at that time. So my premise based on this is many Indian folks who were legally in US at that time did not try the 245i path - only those with a poor case for LC or who were here illegally would've applied for 245i. How many of you here were in the same position as I was on 4/30/2001 and didn't do 245i?

In the event above premise is wrong and there are many 245i cases under EB3: I note that the last date for filing 245i was 4/30/2001. So EB3 cut off date has to move beyond that from the current date of 4/8/2001 before we can sight relief - that is if no relief comes out of the immigration bill(s) that will be on the senate floor this/next week.