Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

NJ Labor approved 09/2002

Hi guys, my labor finally got approved.Here are my details.PBEC has sent a mail to my old address.I will update once I get that mail .

Phily is late but doing a wonderfull job of late in approving cases in FIFO.I feel sorry for the people who filed before me and are still waiting.I am sure they all will get any day.

State : NJ
Regional : Never made
PD : 09/20/2002
Position : Programmer/Business analyst
45 day letter : 09/2005
RIR, EB2
Case # : T-05131-0*****
Degree : Master's in Engineering

I filed last month for my 9th year H1B extension. I laid off from my previous company just 2 months before my previous labor got approved.Selfish desi did not allow me to use that labor. The substituion rule made him use for others by paying him lower salary.

Even though it took 3 years and 8 months for this labor, it is a 9 year journey for me.

I am thankfull to all the members specially the ones (I may miss the names and hence I am not naming) who contributed so much to this forum to keep my hopes alive.See you guys soon in 140 forum but I will be back here in a day or two.

I had given as much of information as possible .If anybody need anymore info from me , you are welcome to post.Good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only Eb2 approval??

Hi,

I am seeing quite a lot of approvals for the month of Sep 2002 however, they all belong to EB2. I didnt see any EB3 approval. Has anyone seen it and me missing it.

EB3/RIR/CA
PD:Sep 12 2002
RD:Aug 2003
45 day letter recv'd and repl'd: Feb 2005

Thanks

EB2 or not doesn't matter at the time of labor approval.EB2 or EB3 will play a role at the time of filing 140/485.

Only RIR or Non-RIR will matter at the time of labor approval.I am sure you will get your's soon .

nanba said:
Hi,

I am seeing quite a lot of approvals for the month of Sep 2002 however, they all belong to EB2. I didnt see any EB3 approval. Has anyone seen it and me missing it.

EB3/RIR/CA
PD:Sep 12 2002
RD:Aug 2003
45 day letter recv'd and repl'd: Feb 2005

Thanks

But looking at the current pattern of approvals from PBEC, only EB2 cases are getting approved for the month of Aug and Sept 2002. Only PBEC knows their logic!!!

----------------------------------------------------
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA
PD: 8/9/2002
RD: 8/1/2003
45 day letter received : 12/20/2004
Replied : 12/28/2004
Received Case Closed : 3/22/05
Lawyer replied with proof: 3/28/05
Received Case Reopened letter from PBEC: 9/29/2005 ( dated 9/23/2005)

RJ_NJ2002 said:
EB2 or not doesn't matter at the time of labor approval.EB2 or EB3 will play a role at the time of filing 140/485.

Only RIR or Non-RIR will matter at the time of labor approval.I am sure you will get your's soon .

I had seen quite a few EB3 approvals few days back.I still do not believe your statement.Go back in PBEC tracker and look you will ind EB3 approvals

lost4ever said:
But looking at the current pattern of approvals from PBEC, only EB2 cases are getting approved for the month of Aug and Sept 2002. Only PBEC knows their logic!!!

Lost4Ever
EB3, CA

Last edited by a moderator:
Received 45 days letter

ETA CaseNo: P-05153-XXXXX
PD :FEB 03 2004
STATE : MD
Category EB-3
45 days letter : 04-24-2006

One of my coworker also received 45 days letter for the same priority date.

Maybe it helps, too...

nmb said:
Your P-XXXX or D-XXXX no. will come with the " 45 day-letter"
Please check with your lawyer to follow up why you have not receive your 45 day letter.

Just in case, let me suggest a phone call from the employer to the BEC. Time ago, the lady at the phone was able to inform us about my case number when we told her my name and my company (484) 270-1500.

Congrats !!

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Hi guys, my labor finally got approved.Here are my details.PBEC has sent a mail to my old address.I will update once I get that mail .

Phily is late but doing a wonderfull job of late in approving cases in FIFO.I feel sorry for the people who filed before me and are still waiting.I am sure they all will get any day.

State : NJ
Regional : Never made
PD : 09/20/2002
Position : Programmer/Business analyst
45 day letter : 09/2005
RIR, EB2
Case # : T-05131-0*****
Degree : Master's in Engineering

I filed last month for my 9th year H1B extension. I laid off from my previous company just 2 months before my previous labor got approved.Selfish desi did not allow me to use that labor. The substituion rule made him use for others by paying him lower salary.

Even though it took 3 years and 8 months for this labor, it is a 9 year journey for me.

I am thankfull to all the members specially the ones (I may miss the names and hence I am not naming) who contributed so much to this forum to keep my hopes alive.See you guys soon in 140 forum but I will be back here in a day or two.

I had given as much of information as possible .If anybody need anymore info from me , you are welcome to post.Good luck to all.

Congrats !! But I do not believe in this FIFO. They cant implement FIFO from 2002 onwards...

I totally agree with you. PBEC did a bad palnning until recently .If you look at the wonderfull graph prepared on the tracker, Philly is approving faster now compared to Dallas. I wish you get your labor soon.

atyagi73 said:
Congrats !! But I do not believe in this FIFO. They cant implement FIFO from 2002 onwards...

Not true. The following users have been certified with pd >= aug 2002 and EB3:
zairy bigL GotGC??-friend kylabor AwardMyGC Fl_Sep_2001 jooh-friend zeifa ekkatip callbala-friend GCVARUMA StressTestInUSA-friend dcmetro22042 immi2003 rupa_gc waiting_labor nmoshin-friend spicensour mgupta2050 slavelabor PBECIsKillingMe-friend mn_gc_02 mygc2006

(23 ppl total)

Also we don't know EB of following ppl:
pop77 keepupdahope-friend lillyyu GCcomesoon bigbang2001-friend

lost4ever said:

Lost4Ever
EB3, CA

rollingstone said:
Not true. The following users have been certified with pd >= aug 2002 and EB3:
zairy bigL GotGC??-friend kylabor AwardMyGC Fl_Sep_2001 jooh-friend zeifa ekkatip callbala-friend GCVARUMA StressTestInUSA-friend dcmetro22042 immi2003 rupa_gc waiting_labor nmoshin-friend spicensour mgupta2050 slavelabor PBECIsKillingMe-friend mn_gc_02 mygc2006

(23 ppl total)

Also we don't know EB of following ppl:
pop77 keepupdahope-friend lillyyu GCcomesoon bigbang2001-friend
My friend/ex-colleague detail

EB2 RIR
State cleared September 2003
PD 10/22/2002
45 day letter March 2005

Any body can predict when can i get my Laber approved

Chipman said:
Yes I did enquiry through my local congressman last 6 months back. He told my company that it will done before May 2006. I think your should be already approved, check for mail tonight or tomorrow.

Hi all

Priority Date : Sep 15, 2002
State : CA
RIR , EB3
45 Day letter received : May 15, 2005
45 Day letter replied : May 21, 2005
My case number P-04320-XXXX
labor approved : waiting .......

all predictions are welcome
Thanks in adv

RJ_NJ2002 said:
I totally agree with you. PBEC did a bad palnning until recently .If you look at the wonderfull graph prepared on the tracker, Philly is approving faster now compared to Dallas. I wish you get your labor soon.

Hi where is this Graphical Tracker for Dallas and Phili to compare ?

I don't know about others, but I am on 7th years and I went to canada and got stamped on Jan 30 and one of my friend and he also on 7th year, he got stamped yesterday and came back today. they didn't ask anythning about immigration...

msubbu said:
Veluru, thanks for replying. I would think so too, so let's hope for the best when I go out there. I just read in one post where a person who had gone for H1B stamping in Canada was held up because he did not have his labor receipt.

I will certainly share my case closure experiences with you all, but a good place to read just about that would be in this thread.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=200386&page=1&pp=15

vine95050 said:
I had a chat with my paralegal after a long time and here're are some of her comments relevant to current discussion:

- PBEC, no doubt is certifying a lot of cases lately, but there's a lot of inconsistency in terms of PD and FIFO
- one thing to notice, not a single rejection (at her law firm), but a lot of approvals (she'll not give the details)
- since there are no rejections, this makes her believe that they will revisit "skipped over" cases after June 06
- "god knows what criteria they are using to certify one case and leave out others"
- "could be some educational/job requirement issues they are looking at" - she was not 100% sure
- she presumes they must have "glanced at" skipped over cases and thinks that every case is different

These are all her own speculations.

Bottom line: Nobody knows what's happening at PBEC. Why there're these many skipped over cases?

Has anybody come across any rejection/NOF/RFE from either of the BECs?

Congratulations to all who got their approval recently! And good luck to all!
Good points, vine95050. These are some likely possibilities. I just hope they revisit the "skipped over" cases way before completing the data entry. I know they have indicated a deadline of June 2006 for data entry, but who knows if they can finish by then.
Looking at past approval trends, there is good evidence of them having revisited older cases. For instance, there were approvals of some VA RIR May 2002 cases in Oct 2005 (cornholio, manju1968) and of a lot more May-June 2002 VA RIR cases until Jan 2006. Thereafter, a couple of "left over" March 2002 case approvals were reported (radd in Feb 2006 and gcco in March 2006), which were a good 4-5 months after the initial May 2002 case approvals. Hopefully this is a good sign for folks whose cases were "skipped over."

Murthy April DOL update - www.murthy.com

DOL Backlog Processing Centers - April 2006 Update

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has addressed some questions regarding ongoing case processing at the Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs) that will likely interest many of our MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers. Numerous reduction-in-recruitment or regular labor certification cases have been pending for years, and are now at the BPCs, leaving individuals anxious for any update on their cases.

45-Day Letters / Data Entry by June 2006

The DOL has projected a deadline of June 2006 for completion of data entry on all cases at the BPCs. Hopefully, this is a realistic deadline and they will be able to move forward and focus on case adjudications thereafter.

Additional Resources to Eliminate Backlog by Sep 2007

The DOL reports that they are "scaling up" resources dedicated to the elimination of backlog cases. Their stated deadline for eliminating the backlog is September 30, 2007. Based on what we at the Murthy Law Firm are experiencing, they are going to have to really increase their efforts, particularly in Pennsylvania, to meet this goal. They note that the work at the BPCs cannot be compared to the PERM case processing, since backlog cases receive full review, whereas the PERM cases are based upon attestations and primarily are technology-driven.