Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

How did you find out about your case?

lost4ever said:
I sent an email to h1b extension mail id on July 21, 2005 and got a screen shot with my status field "closed". Neither my employer nor my lawyer informed me about it before. I immediately followed up with both, and confirmed it. But they told me that they had already taken care of it ( in March itself) by sending all the docs to PBEC. They even sent me all the documents they had sent to PBEC along with date they responded. Anyway, by september 2005, I got the case renewal letter from PBEC.

----------------------------------------------------
My details:

Lost4Ever
EB3, CA
PD: 8/9/2002
RD: 8/1/2003
45 day letter received : 12/20/2004
Replied : 12/28/2004
Received Case Closed : 3/22/05
Lawyer replied with proof: 3/28/05
Received Case Reopened letter from PBEC: 9/29/2005 ( dated 9/23/2005)

Could you please share the email id and the format which used to send the request?

EB3, CA, RIR
PD: Sep 12 2002
RD: Aug 31 2003
45 day letter rec'vd and repl'd: Feb'2005

PERM Approved

Hi everyone, since this is probably the last time I'll be looking at this forum, I'd just like to thank everyone who contributes here. I have read this forum almost every day for the past 3.5 years, and have found it to be a great source of information.

I just found out this morning that my husband's PERM application has been approved. So, I guess this means that our old PBEC application is now abandoned... not that it was going anywhere at the moment, as it had been closed due to non-receipt of 45d letter.

Thanks again,
Sneezy
--------------------------------
CA - EB2 - RIR
CA SWA: November 2002
SF DOL: 9 October 2003
Sent to PBEC: P-04321-04xxx (per status e-mail)
45 day letter: not received
Rec'd closure notice from PBEC Feb 2006, no response to 45d letter
Submitted PERM application: 23 March 2006
PERM approval: 25 April 2006

whywhy - DOL Stats

See What Murthy Says- http://www.murthy.com/mb_pdf/041406_P.html

DOL Releases Statistics on PERM and Backlog Cases

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) recently released PERM and Backlog statistics for March 2006. The PERM statistics cover the period from March 28, 2005, when the first cases were accepted for PERM processing, to March 17, 2006; essentially cover PERM's first year. The backlog numbers are as of March 2006.

PERM Statistics with Certifications, Denials, and Audits

The DOL states that 80,272 PERM cases were filed during the above timeframe. Of these, 36,687 have been certified, 1,950 have been withdrawn, and 23,205 have been denied. The denials have been for a variety of reasons, including small errors made on the forms. Thus, many of these cases were refiled and may have been approved, ultimately. The remaining cases are pending.

There have been 24,960 audits. A breakdown of the number of cases approved and denied after an audit was not provided.

Backlog Processing Center - Less than One Third Completed So Far

The backlog processing centers (BPCs) began with just over 363,000 labor certifications in the backlog. The DOL reports that 108,000 of these cases have been completed. There are at least 255,000 cases that have not been completed. Of those cases completed, approximately 50,000 have been certified. This does not mean that there have been high rates of BPC denials. We believe it reflects the fact that a case is deemed "complete" if the employer chooses not to go forward at the 45-day letter stage.

DOL believes that all special-handling cases have been identified and contacted. Full data entry for all cases still appears to be slated for a June 30, 2006 completion.

Conclusion

We at the Murthy Law Firm appreciate these updates on the PERM and BPC statistics from the DOL. We believe the coming year will see fewer PERM denials. During the first year of PERM, experience has been gained and technical and procedural problems have been solved. We see reason, therefore, for those considering PERM processing not to be disheartened by the number of denials. At the Murthy Law Firm, we have been experiencing a very high rate of PERM approvals for the cases we have filed on behalf of our clients. We recommend that our readers speak with qualified, experienced immigration attorneys to discuss any issues that may affect their PERM cases before filing to obtain permanent resident status.

whywhy said:
I read a previous post about the Labor department statistics of Labor certification at BEC in this forum. It says cases completed over 100,000 and about 50,000 certifications were issued. Does this mean about 50% cases were denied? please comment.

Dhan007
PD- Jan, 2004 (VA-RIR EB2)
No 45 Day Letter so far

Last edited by a moderator:
I send the email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US in the following format

Dear Officer:

My H1B is expiring by the end of dec '05 and am planning to apply by the end of this month. Could you please give me a screen shot of my LCA application for applying for 7th year extension of my H1b. Thank you for your time and considerations. I appreciate your reply.

My details:

Alien's first name: RRRRR
Alien's last name: RRRRRRR
Employer's Name and Address: ABC Inc.
xyz AVENUE
city, CA, zip

New case ID number: P-04306-xxxxx
SWA - California
Priority Date: 8/2002

Sincerely,
name

nanba said:
Could you please share the email id and the format which used to send the request?

EB3, CA, RIR
PD: Sep 12 2002
RD: Aug 31 2003
45 day letter rec'vd and repl'd: Feb'2005

got my labor certification finally

:) Hi everyone

I got my labor certification finally.My lawyer sent me the email on April 22.I was trying to share the good news with everyone but my sttupid Adelphia cable connection was not allowing me to access the site for more than a month.
Seems like they are begining to work at last
I am writing this to share this news with you from a library computer.
My details are as follows;
Ca RIR , PD aug 2002
:) :) :) :) :)
strange thing is I recd. my screen shot on April 17 and it did not mention anything.Anyways, I am not complaining.

CA guys are getting approvals left and right. I hope NJ is next :)

spicensour said:
:) Hi everyone

I got my labor certification finally.My lawyer sent me the email on April 22.I was trying to share the good news with everyone but my sttupid Adelphia cable connection was not allowing me to access the site for more than a month.
Seems like they are begining to work at last
I am writing this to share this news with you from a library computer.
My details are as follows;
Ca RIR , PD aug 2002

strange thing is I recd. my screen shot on April 17 and it did not mention anything.Anyways, I am not complaining.

lost4ever said:
I sent an email to h1b extension mail id on July 21, 2005 and got a screen shot with my status field "closed". Neither my employer nor my lawyer informed me about it before. I immediately followed up with both, and confirmed it. But they told me that they had already taken care of it ( in March itself) by sending all the docs to PBEC. They even sent me all the documents they had sent to PBEC along with date they responded. Anyway, by september 2005, I got the case renewal letter from PBEC.

----------------------------------------------------
My details:

Lost4Ever
EB3, CA
PD: 8/9/2002
RD: 8/1/2003
45 day letter received : 12/20/2004
Replied : 12/28/2004
Received Case Closed : 3/22/05
Lawyer replied with proof: 3/28/05
Received Case Reopened letter from PBEC: 9/29/2005 ( dated 9/23/2005)
I had an important question and I think it will be useful for others too. I got the response to 7 th year extension request. case status says "RIR" as it should.
Does this mean the case is still open ? if they had closed the case would it have said "Closed" instead of "RIR" ???
my case starts with "P" (this was found atleast 6 months back ) but lawyer says she has not recd 45 days letter ??

mariner555 said:
I had an important question and I think it will be useful for others too. I got the response to 7 th year extension request. case status says "RIR" as it should.
Does this mean the case is still open ? if they had closed the case would it have said "Closed" instead of "RIR" ???
my case starts with "P" (this was found atleast 6 months back ) but lawyer says she has not recd 45 days letter ??

mariner:

it is high time you speak with PBEC and tell that in your last screen shot for 7th yr extn it showed a 'P' and was expecting your 45 day letter, but it dint happen for the past 6 months.

Dont wait for any kind of 'case closed' letters from PBEC, not to scare the life out of you, but everything/anything is possible with PBEC.

Dont wait for the attorney to speak, call up PBEC and dont tell you r the attorney/employer/employee. Simply say for this case number:this is the situation and see what happens..

In my case I replied my 45 day letter,I am not sure it recvd them and no way to know whats happening after that

mariner555 said:

I have a similar story....
number has been P for the last 3 months atleast....
have tried calling.......no luck
lawyer said she called them.........and they asked her to send a fax stating her query.......thts all i know so far

In my opinion, this thing has no trends, no order, and makes no sense, its just a random process, and people like us try to make sense of it, not knowing enough, maybe just to satisfy ourselves....

What the hell we and our lawyers doing ?

DETROIT - With an Arab-American rights group threatening mass court filings, a U.S. immigration spokesman said Tuesday that the government would change its naturalization procedures to stave off such legal challenges.

Lawyers say it's not uncommon for cases to be delayed for years, particularly for people from the Middle East, even though immigration officials are supposed to rule on naturalization petitions within 120 days after interviews.

To call attention to the problem, the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee was coordinating an effort by 40 attorneys to file federal court petitions on behalf of dozens of immigrants starting Tuesday.

Chris Bentley, a spokesman for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, a division of the Department of Homeland Security, said Tuesday that "to avoid burdening the federal court with these cases," the agency would no longer schedule citizenship interviews until after background checks are complete.

The American-Arab committee said it was disappointed with the procedural change, which would not eliminate delays, but make it impossible for immigrants to fight them.

Bentley said only about 1 percent of naturalization petitions are not ruled on within 120 days. About 450,000 people are naturalized yearly, he said.

Immigration lawyer Ramsey Malkawi said he has about 14 clients facing long delays in their naturalization applications, including some who have waited five or six years.

"This is completely unacceptable," he said. "It's clearly a racial profiling issue."

Dr. Mohammad Attar, an Iraqi immigrant who has lived in the United States since 1991, petitioned for citizenship in November 2004. Six months later, he had an interview with immigration officials — then he waited. He was eventually cleared, but it wasn't until nearly a year after his interview. He was sworn in as a citizen April 14.

"My feeling about it is, it's OK, they can check, but it took too long," said Attar, a neonatologist on the faculty at the University of Michigan. "If they were concerned about something, they could have called, and I could have clarified something."

Thanks,

Wasting time?

Many of us here are just interested in making speculative question answer sessions - Eg: when my case will taken up!!

Some are into mortgage issues..

Some into repeating the million time answered questions..how to find the status.

I guess visiting this forum is just a waste of time, unless we continue to raise the issues in a collective fashion before the respective authorities and media. Folks we need to direct our questions about DOL’s PBEC to President and his folks...He is the one who should answer!! (all before he take his month long vacation or hibernation!)

--I am not saying all questions are illegitimate, but let’s keep the right focus..

Did you call or your attorney or your employer called PBEC ???
Are they polite enough to answer your questions ..
greynicolls said:
my case has been close in error by the pbec

this is what they informed us on the phone

greynicolls said:
my case has been close in error by the pbec

this is what they informed us on the phone

I dont know whether to cry for this or laugh for the PEBC magics

May God leave a dead dog infront of PEBC door(one a day)
:)

PD, please!

Guys,

Please mention your PD, state & other relevant details when you mention approvals. This will help us find a pattern. Thanks!