Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

saknia,
I dont find your record in our tracker. Let me know your info in the BEC PD tracker thread and I will add you to the tracker. Thanks. Alternatively, if you update your signature, it will be helpful. Thanks!

Furstrating!! Iam sure there many more PD's earlier to 2002 who are waiting. Its the feeling of helplessness which bothers me. Iam glad there is this forum where people like us come and vent some out.

Its getting tough to keep HOPE alive NOW.

4 years: Still waiting

Today I enter into 5th year of waiting for this stupid labor certification. I am sure there a lot of 2001 guys still waiting.

I think the approvals we see right now are random at best. For e.g., when they were approving a lot of cases from MD in Sep 2005, a member of this forum whose priority date is one day before mine from MD got his approved. There was only one number difference between his case number and mine.

Bottom line, whoever gets approved is LUCKY. Its definitely not predictable.

please help

Anyone please answer my query,
If you are RIR, if your case was approved by your state and then went to DOL and then subsequently to PBEC, what extra do they check at PBEC, is there a chance of your LC being rejected at this stage?

I am asking because I know my application is in Final review since at least Jan 06 and no news since. What does this all means? Any insight?
Thanks in advance,
akela

138 people are waiting in PBEC with PD before July 02 from PBEC forum

138 people are waiting in PBEC with PD before July 02 from PBEC forum
Attached spreadsheet has list of people from this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
how long ago did you request the H1B screen shot?

Karioka said:
Hey fellows,
My PD is Ap 30 2001. Yes, still waiting!
But at least we can see a lot of activity going on.
Thanks all the non-silent members for keeping us informed and our hopes alive.
QUESTION: Although I'm not in the H-1 renewal situation, I have requested a screen shot based on it. Never got an answer. As I understand it, that's the only way they'll send you something. Maybe it didn't work because they know???? :confused:
Hopefully we will all be out of this mess soon.

mdgc2001 said:
Today I enter into 5th year of waiting for this stupid labor certification. I am sure there a lot of 2001 guys still waiting.

I think the approvals we see right now are random at best. For e.g., when they were approving a lot of cases from MD in Sep 2005, a member of this forum whose priority date is one day before mine from MD got his approved. There was only one number difference between his case number and mine.

Bottom line, whoever gets approved is LUCKY. Its definitely not predictable.

I am not an expert but here is what I think is happening.

The older cases might take more time to verify and adjudicate since they are old and lots of water has flown under the bridge since then, this might explain the delay in processing some of the 2001 cases.

As to why a June 2002 case is not approved but an August 2002 case is, I would think that again each case if different and some cases might take more time to process than the others, this could be because those cases might be simpler than the others.

My feel is that cases are being taken up in order but some are being processed faster depending on the complexity.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Another July Approval from PBEC

One of my coworkers got his labor today. His details:

EB3,CA
PD: 7/16/2002
RD: 7/21/2003
Case #: P-04321-xxxxx
45 Day Letter receipt date: March 14, 2005

----------------------------------------------------
My details:

Lost4Ever
EB3, CA
PD: 8/9/2002
RD: 8/1/2003
45 day letter received : 12/20/2004
Replied : 12/28/2004
Received Case Closed : 3/22/05
Lawyer replied with proof: 3/28/05
Received Case Reopened letter from PBEC: 9/29/2005 ( dated 9/23/2005)

How did you find out about your case?

lost4ever said:
One of my coworkers got his labor today. His details:

EB3,CA
PD: 7/16/2002
RD: 7/21/2003
Case #: P-04321-xxxxx
45 Day Letter receipt date: March 14, 2005

My details:

Lost4Ever
EB3, CA

Hi,

How did you find about your case that it was closed? Did the PBEC send a letter to your attorney that your case was closed or did you request for a screen shot?

Let me know

Thanks

I sent an email to h1b extension mail id on July 21, 2005 and got a screen shot with my status field "closed". Neither my employer nor my lawyer informed me about it before. I immediately followed up with both, and confirmed it. But they told me that they had already taken care of it ( in March itself) by sending all the docs to PBEC. They even sent me all the documents they had sent to PBEC along with date they responded. Anyway, by september 2005, I got the case renewal letter from PBEC.

My details:

Lost4Ever
EB3, CA

nanba said:
Hi,

How did you find about your case that it was closed? Did the PBEC send a letter to your attorney that your case was closed or did you request for a screen shot?

Let me know

Thanks

We already have a spreadsheet to track 45DL and approvals. Why make our life more complicated by adding another spreadsheet ?????

please don't upload spreadsheets

hkond said:
Updated the status from abandoned to pending.

Your effort is good, but please don't use up the server's limited resources by uploading more spreadsheets. Most of us know how to use Excel and have independent views on sorting and finding trends.

alabor said:
My case was applied in Aug. 2004 in Harrisburg SWA. I have not received the 45 day letter yet. Did any one receive 45 day letter from PBEC, with similiar priority date???

I received mine. I am Sept'2004

I do not agree with you. All the cases went through the same processing...if there is any issue with the case then we should receive the notice of finding. 2001 or 2002 shouldnot matter for approval...

My case is approved from State and was in DOL when moved to Phily Bec in Nov 2004. 7th year extension screenshot shows all the information correct but still not approved. 45-day letter replied in Feb 2005. As well it is EB2/RIR case filed in MD Aug 2001.

Backlog centers till date never declared that they are approving cases..they simply say the data entry is going on..No order is followed in PBEC yet and my guess is once all the data entry is over officially in Jun 2006 they make status available for each case....till that time I think we are just guessing...

So, you should be really LUCKY to get approved...Not sure when will I get lucky !!

Cric said:
I am not an expert but here is what I think is happening.

The older cases might take more time to verify and adjudicate since they are old and lots of water has flown under the bridge since then, this might explain the delay in processing some of the 2001 cases.

As to why a June 2002 case is not approved but an August 2002 case is, I would think that again each case if different and some cases might take more time to process than the others, this could be because those cases might be simpler than the others.

My feel is that cases are being taken up in order but some are being processed faster depending on the complexity.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

what is the rate of denial?

I read a previous post about the Labor department statistics of Labor certification at BEC in this forum. It says cases completed over 100,000 and about 50,000 certifications were issued. Does this mean about 50% cases were denied? please comment.

Hope going up?

Guys, my PD is sep '02. I see a lot of approvals of Jul-Aug 02 coming thru. But then I see ppl from May 02 (even 01) still waiting.

Is there reason to be hopeful? Is this a new trend we can expect to see continuing?

I think california seems to be moving faster because half of the cases went to dallas, so no of cases for august might be very less when compared to other states. Its my gutt feeling that california dates should have a considerable movement ahead