Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

just thought i will clarify on philly 2002 cases

Folks,

If I am not wrong then its seems a common perception in this forum about Philly 2002 cases already being approved. Lots of my colleagues and me too had filed labor in Dec' 2002 in Philly RIR -EB3/EB2 categories and none of us have got approvals. We are also stuck in PBEC like all of us in this forum.
I got my 45D letter in Dec'04 and replied in Jan'05. Last year some time in Sep I requested for screen Shot to file 7th year extension and in that it still showed RIR in case status column --

Thought I would share this.

EB3/RIR/PA-DOL/PBEC/PD- 12/20/02

FL Case Approved

First time posting, long time lurker in this forum. After 4-1/2 years of wait, Friday I received labor certified from PBEC. Thank you everyone for having this active forum to help all of us out there going through this non-reasonable, unbelievable long wait. The moment will come for each one of us.

PD: October 2001
FL/NON-RIR/EB3
Replied 45 days letter -- Aug 05.
Case No:

Its Good They Are Ateast Following Fifo

Guys

This is very good that atleast they are following FIFO. we are getting a lot of approval for 2001

StressTestInUSA said:
if you noticed the march of the illegal immigrants on the roads of Chicago etc...we can compare it to the size of an army...

If all the H1s and dependants pool for say something like this, we might not even be a drop of it....illegals are like a big army and they are so open and publicly saying they r illegals and we here are paying taxes loyally with our heart in mouth are venting only in this forum...

last Thursday we had a talk here about faxing the letters to Elaine Chao...all of us in the same week, Hope everyone are sticking to this plan...Faxing 10 letters a day will not help anyone....

Getting our labor is one hell, the next hell is retrogression. Even if visa numbers r recaptured etc it might not be such a bad scene, but what with this hell at PBEC..?!!

guys, please post your action about Monday so we atleast have an approx no.of faxes going out to Ms.Chao.

sorry for being passimistic, but this "unity" thing is not going to work. You know we have tried this many times in past ( along with other active members like Javaconsulatnt, labordrags... and current active members like saknia, tanveer...).

Lot of people who are stuck in PBeC doesn't give shit about it and I respect their personal situation and opinion.

My biggest gripe is towards selfish people here whose life revolves around PBEC but still are impotent enough not to act on any initiative. If you are reading this and honestly believe yourself in this group, please read further. Just imagine what you are doing for past 2 years. Come to work every morning, read this forum and get on to your life thinking nothign will change. See "Rang de basanti", "yuva" or "Hazaroo Khwashe aisi" and you will know what I am talking about (these are Bollywood movies that I am referring to)

Because of fewer active members here, we lost many good people (i forgot the name but I rember there were quite a lot among us last year who wanted something to do about his mess). Any awareness effort involves mass psychology, if you get involved, your friend will and so on and thats how any revolution starts (do you think moving big fat asses in PBEC is anthing short of revolution :))

So, organizing rally is a big initiative but even if we can make people to fax or call DOL oficials, it is a good start.

Does H4 count in 6yr limit?

Not strictly PBEC related, but ...

Does time spent in H4 visa count towards the 6yr stay limit?
In other words if a spouse has been in H4 visa for 6 years can he/she apply for a new H1 visa?

rollingstone said:

In other words if a spouse has been in H4 visa for 6 years can he/she apply for a new H1 visa?
To the best of my knowledge the time spent on H-4 counts on six year limit.

Consult an attorney but this is what I got from my old company's lawyer.

rollingstone said:

To the best of my knowledge all H visas have 6 year limit which includes H1 and H4.

rollingstone said:

yep..

either she has to have a pending labor on her name for more than 1 yr to change to a H1..also, staying on h4 for 5yrs is pretty tough to get a H1 from INS with most recent experince.

Better still, consult your lawyer.

folks,

i came to know that there was a aila conference in dc on friday. one of the topics raised there was the deplorable performance of the backlog elimination centers. the following dol big shots attended the session:

john beverly (administrator, office of national programs and interim chief, dflc)
eugene caso (director, atlanta processing center)
charlene giles (director, chicago processing center)
william rabung (operations/backlog manager, dol)
melanie shay (team leader, perm, foreign labor certification, dol)
harry sheinfeld (litigation counsel, employment and training service, dol)

i hope that you all can write to your respective lawyers and ask them if they have any information about the things that were discussed.

on another thought, if anybody can get their email addresses, perhaps we should all ask them about the status of our applications.

phone call

Just made a call this morning at 9:10 EST to the PBEC center (484-270-1500) to check on the status of my case. The lady was not very nice and told me that they could only give info to the employer or lawyer and NOT to the alien. She then transferred me to the stupid recording to listen to some info on an email address.

Yes, my friend converted from H4 to H1 and Time spent on H1 or H4 (legally referred to as H soup classification) is counted to 6 year limit. Some people think of enrolling in a univ. and converting to F1. But to get back to H1/H4, one has to be outside the US for 365 days.

rollingstone said:

rollingstone said:

A friend of mine had an L1 Visa for 2 years and he could get H1 for only 4 years, so as far as I know the 6 yr limit includes all long term visas and H4 is one of them.

dying for GC said:
Hi Saknia,
Could you please tell me when will my case be approved?
CA-May 17,2002?

Thanks

You PD is in the Bandwith of PBEC now. If you are RIR hopefully you should be approved in next couple of weeks ( if they are serious about 18months Promise to fiinish all cases

guys, please post your action about Monday so we atleast have an approx no.of faxes going out to Ms.Chao

We have the address but does anyone has the fax number?
I would say all of us who ever wants to fax & mail letters to every authority. lets do it on April 3rd.
Remember it is April 3rd and this has to be coordinated to all forums mainly to Dallas BEC and PBEC and same subject has to be used in all the fax's & Mail.

DOES ANYONE GIVE ME THE FAX NUMBER?
Please cut and post below into all forums with fax number you visit this way it will be coordinated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
We are trying to conduct a nation wide rally of faxes/mail to be sent to Concerned authorities on April 3rd and April 4th, if your Labor is stuck in any of the BEC please send a
- Mail to below address (so that all mail could reach authorities on same week)
- Fax to below number (so that all faxes could reach authorities on same day)

April 3rd and APRIL 4th

Please use same subject in all your faxes, no matter how you want to address your content of the letter. Please try to post matter of this posting to all forums you visit.

Subject: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification application approval process at BECs

DOL Contacts

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
Executive Secretariat Director
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
Director of Advance & Scheduling
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
Associate Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Address for all the above people
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Below is the sample draft:
-------------------------
Dear Sir / Madam,

Sub: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at BECs

I would like to bring it to your attention the delays in LCA approval process at the two BECs, most notably the Philadelphia. I have been waiting for almost 2 years since the commencement of two BECs and have not recieved our apporvals.

Me and my family are suffering constantly due to these delays. Please take necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

I would be highly obliged if you look into this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
your name
City, State, Zipcode
TR/RIR
EB 1/2/3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

guys, please post your action about Monday so we atleast have an approx no.of faxes going out to Ms.Chao

We have the address but does anyone has the fax number?
I would say all of us who ever wants to fax & mail letters to every authority. lets do it on April 3rd.
Remember it is April 3rd and this has to be coordinated to all forums mainly to Dallas BEC and PBEC and same subject has to be used in all the fax's & Mail.

DOES ANYONE GIVE ME THE FAX NUMBER?
Please cut and post below into all forums with fax number you visit this way it will be coordinated.

We are trying to conduct a nation wide rally of faxes/mail to be sent to Concerned authorities on April 3rd and April 4th, if your Labor is stuck in any of the BEC please send a
- Mail to below address (so that all mail could reach authorities on same week)
- Fax to below number (so that all faxes could reach authorities on same day)

April 3rd and APRIL 4th

Please use same subject in all your faxes, no matter how you want to address your content of the letter. Please try to post matter of this posting to all forums you visit.

Subject: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification application approval process at BECs

DOL Contacts

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
Executive Secretariat Director
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
Director of Advance & Scheduling
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
Associate Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Address for all the above people
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Below is the sample draft:
-------------------------
Dear Sir / Madam,

Sub: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at BECs

I would like to bring it to your attention the delays in LCA approval process at the two BECs, most notably the Philadelphia. I have been waiting for almost 2 years since the commencement of two BECs and have not recieved our apporvals.

Me and my family are suffering constantly due to these delays. Please take necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

I would be highly obliged if you look into this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
your name
City, State, Zipcode
TR/RIR
EB 1/2/3

Yes I would be willing to fax on April 3rd.

May I suggest that we drop the EB1/2/3 detail from the draft because during the labor certification process, there is NO eb1 or eb2 or eb3. So it would be misleading if we put that in the draft letter.