Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

EB3 date for India moved by just one month from 01JAN01 to 01FEB01.

Delays at PBEC and then retrogession added together may not be worth such a long wait for GC

va_aug_2002 said:

Delays at PBEC and then retrogession added together may not be worth such a long wait for GC

Probably the dates are being moved taking into consideration the progress of applications from BECS. my desire for the retrogression to go away in stages is getting fulfilled I guess.

Bad Bad Baadd !!

va_aug_2002 said:

This really sucks...
My PD is now current but can't help bcos PBEC not moving farword.... this is really bad...... :mad:

Ho_Jayega,

To my knowledge your PD is not current yet. It shows that your PD is July 5th,2002 and as per the bulletin for EB2 any one who has priority date on or before July 1st 2002 can go for 485. If I am wrong plz correct me.

SN

ho_jayega said:
This really sucks...
My PD is now current but can't help bcos PBEC not moving farword.... this is really bad...... :mad:

ho_jayega said:
This really sucks...

ho_jayega,

I think it is still not current for your case. The cut off date has to reach 01 Aug 02 for EB2 to make you elligible for 485 filing. Correct me, if Iam wrong

My PD is July 17, 2002, EB2, CA. Hopefully, we get out of this PBEC mess in next couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cric said:
Probably the dates are being moved taking into consideration the progress of applications from BECS. my desire for the retrogression to go away in stages is getting fulfilled I guess.

EB3 has to climb the April 01 hill...that is a very big task...unless something major happens at Capitol Hill we will be saved..otherwise for the dates to get current for my Dec 2002 EB3 case..it might take another 2 yrs...my wild guess...!!

maybe next month too EB3 might move by 1 month and then might get stuck at April 01, by then it will be June 06...half of this yr 2006 is done...

No good news for the weekend...!!

StressTestInUSA said:
EB3 has to climb the April 01 hill...that is a very big task...unless something major happens at Capitol Hill we will be saved..otherwise for the dates to get current for my Dec 2002 EB3 case..it might take another 2 yrs...my wild guess...!!

maybe next month too EB3 might move by 1 month and then might get stuck at April 01, by then it will be June 06...half of this yr 2006 is done...

If next month also date for EB3 moves by one month, then it will time either to go back to home country or to file EB2 with PERM.

I don't expect Eb3 date to become current but it should atleast reach end of 2002!!!

Mai BEC ?

Hi ,
I wanted to ask if any of you guys had sent any mail to PBEC to get to know about current status on your application.
let me give my case info :
Nov22 2002
EB3/RIR/NJ
"StressTestInUSA" got his 45 days letetr in Jan06 .. he is in the same state and case as mine , so PLEASE suggest me if i need to put any more affort onto it .

Regards
Shailesh

StressTestInUSA said:

This is not Good News for sure.

However this is the point where exactly the Retrogession Bill will come in to focus again. Lots of people here do not want to talk about this as they want Labor cleared first. But getting the Retrogession to move away fater is also an uphill task.

When once somebody gets his labor approved and he wants the Retrogession move faster only up to his PD then it will not happen in months or days. Both PBEC approval and Retrogession capture has to go hand in hand .

When Retrogession Bill comes in to effect and when unused Visa's are captured,the same time there might be some good for few of 2004 & 2005( like current guys getting out first). But I think while setting any system right, this always happen .

Retrogession bill is necessary as we move towards Apr 2001. Otherwise it will get struck there like PBEC may be. Also remember that Retrogession bill only will bring 90,000 per year and it may not help for sure some one in 2004 or 2005 unless some of the 2001-2003 get out first

shailesh_verma0 said:
Hi ,
I wanted to ask if any of you guys had sent any mail to PBEC to get to know about current status on your application.
let me give my case info :
Nov22 2002
EB3/RIR/NJ
"StressTestInUSA" got his 45 days letetr in Jan06 .. he is in the same state and case as mine , so PLEASE suggest me if i need to put any more affort onto it .

Regards
Shailesh

Shailesh

Dont worry if u havent gotten your 45 letter...there r many more people without 45 letters with earlier PD's than mine...I just noticed that some guys with a PD a little before got their letter in Aug 05...ask for a case status if it has been a while you did and if your case# starts with a P instead of a T then we r assuming your 45 letter will comeout within 2 months max...

They r just pulling out which ever box they reach for dataentry etc....
bottomline our wait has to run into years and not months...not to forget each single day is a misery in this shit..!!

saknia said:
If Case is not closed after two months that is not the final prof. Somebody received letter of clsosure here after 6 months.

Before we used to have Case status which when it moves to RIR or Data Review will give us a hope that the 45 day is received and is being worked on

Now there is no way to check these except through our Attorney talking to them and find out that specifically

Ask your attorney to do that
Justwatching had his case closed even when it existed in Database. I can't recall what status he/she had in the email from BEC. The data from that case showed that BEC's send case closure notice only when they are at the point of opening the files.

Lets Hope !!!

CAPDJUL2002 said:
ho_jayega,

I think it is still not current for your case. The cut off date has to reach 01 Aug 02 for EB2 to make you elligible for 485 filing. Correct me, if Iam wrong

My PD is July 17, 2002, EB2, CA. Hopefully, we get out of this PBEC mess in next couple of months.

It will move past of July 02 within next month or so, hope it will coinside with the approval.... :rolleyes:

Is advertisement(M.S. or B.S + 5 years) the only criterion for EB3/EB2?
I don't see any place in the labor application where EB3/EB2 is specified.
Let me know.

Thanks,
VA - 03/2002 (PD) - RIR
Philadelphia region - 08/2003
45-DAY LETTER Recd and Replied - 12/04
Case #: P-04246-xxxxx
Labor approval - still waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
saknia said:
This is not Good News for sure.

However this is the point where exactly the Retrogession Bill will come in to focus again. Lots of people here do not want to talk about this as they want Labor cleared first. But getting the Retrogession to move away fater is also an uphill task.

When once somebody gets his labor approved and he wants the Retrogession move faster only up to his PD then it will not happen in months or days. Both PBEC approval and Retrogession capture has to go hand in hand .

When Retrogession Bill comes in to effect and when unused Visa's are captured,the same time there might be some good for few of 2004 & 2005( like current guys getting out first). But I think while setting any system right, this always happen .

Retrogession bill is necessary as we move towards Apr 2001. Otherwise it will get struck there like PBEC may be. Also remember that Retrogession bill only will bring 90,000 per year and it may not help for sure some one in 2004 or 2005 unless some of the 2001-2003 get out first

Thats what I dont understand now..if there is a recapture of unused visa, which will happen, then most of these visas will be eaten up by the 245i cases and again there will be a looong wait(this is for the EB3 cases)...So EB3 scenario looks very shaky for this whole year...

For EB2 it might not be that bad...cos it is already at July2002..!!

Look at your ETA 750. I think Item 14 or 15 on ETA750 holds the key.

immi_info said:
Is advertisement(M.S. or B.S + 5 years) the only criterion for EB3/EB2?
I don't see any place in the labor application where EB3/EB2 is specified.
Let me know.

Thanks,
VA - 03/2002 (PD) - RIR
Philadelphia region - 08/2003
45-DAY LETTER Recd and Replied - 12/04
Case #: P-04246-xxxxx
Labor approval - still waiting

please ignore if you dont want to read retrogression-related

StressTestInUSA said:
Thats what I dont understand now..if there is a recapture of unused visa, which will happen, then most of these visas will be eaten up by the 245i cases and again there will be a looong wait(this is for the EB3 cases)...So EB3 scenario looks very shaky for this whole year...

For EB2 it might not be that bad...cos it is already at July2002..!!

That depends on how may Indians filed under 245i. Many people I meet say that the number of Indians under that will not be very high - or is it? Any idea on how many could be there from India?

not being pessimistic,but there must be a good number who come here on a visit visa and stayback mostly in gas-stations etc...China is already crossed April and r at May01...

I heard here in NJ most 'desi' attorneys became overnite millionaires by just filing April 01 cases...

PBEC.....Retrogression is all the same shit....I really wonder even someone complaining about talking or not talking about retrogression....

We need to watch some more months of our lives passby front of us to see with the dates moving...

StressTestInUSA said:
not being pessimistic,but there must be a good number who come here on a visit visa and stayback mostly in gas-stations etc...China is already crossed April and r at May01...

I heard here in NJ most 'desi' attorneys became overnite millionaires by just filing April 01 cases...

PBEC.....Retrogression is all the same shit....I really wonder even someone complaining about talking or not talking about retrogression....

We need to watch some more months of our lives passby front of us to see with the dates moving...

Information

I may sound very iggnorant but i have no idea what 245i is.
Can any one give some info

Gys,
There are special threads for retrogression and other issues.
This is really not the best plase to discuiss such things. Many people log on here to see what's going on with PBEC and are not interested in such stuff.
On the other hand your post in the proper thread is very welcome.

StressTestInUSA said:

You are not pessimsitic. You are right about those Facts. Those guys get attracted due to thier necessity and situation and trying to make a living. Even I know of many MS Graduates working in Gas stations just because they want to be here on any count.Are they not another set of 245i cases in disguise ???.( I will support 245i cases fully.only it is unfortunate the the Administration did a mess with them too. Atleast we all have h1b etc and extensions and other avenues. They are struck like hell for sure)

Those are guys with very good Engineerring Background in MS with good scores. Eventually they land up in QA Testing and get settlled here. There is nothing wrong in that. When I ask them they say that they come from a lnad where Education is not to specialize in a Field but to get employment and Life for oneself.

One Senator wants to retain that kind of MS Talent in US by not counting the Visa cap for them if he stays here for more than 3 years because he is MS and he is valauble here ( may be because of his Gas station experience!!!) . What a pity ???. Howveer that is good for all EB3 as the Visa number will not get eaten up like before and which will be available for poor guys coming in eb3 here to save his family and not with any intention of stayin here with all these PBEC mess etc