yoyopal said:
Always heard the approvals from
NJ
NY
MD
CA
Where is MA? :confused:

And where is FL???
PD 02-2005. I believe I will be checking this forum for a while....
Just need a very confortable chair, and some music...
I sould've waited and filed a PERM instead...

Congrats cheeka!!

I hope that someday even I can write a similar message. Just praying to Ma Durga on that one!!!

rgds,
akela

Not really true

a_to_z_gc said:
Hi friends,

I am getting a promotion from my existing employer to a higher level, with same job description and same department. Is this an issue with my GC process? They called me and said that it's upto me and if I want to refuse the promotion for GC process, they shall respect that.

Kindly let me know your views.

Thanks!

venram said:
As long as the job description remains the same, your promotion should not cause any problem. I would say, go ahead and accept your promotion.

My LCA was filed 4 years ago. I was promoted by my department 2 years back. I accepted it since it did not change my job description. Only my compensation got changed.

Because your "Prevailing Wage" for the occupation code on your LC application should not be more than certain percentage of "Rate of Pay" on your LCA.

Again, check with your lawyer, before making a decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright guys .. Really need your suggestion here

I got my PERM labor certified. (12/05) priority date.

I think my PBEC labor is entered in the system as I just got a reply from PBEC about my case no with "T" replaced wiht "P".

So, now I ame scared to think weather they are going to cancle BEC labor as I already have a labor approved in my name from the same company ?

Should I file 140 with the PERM ?

please suggest what do I do..

sk0902 said:
I got my PERM labor certified. (12/05) priority date.

I think my PBEC labor is entered in the system as I just got a reply from PBEC about my case no with "T" replaced wiht "P".

So, now I ame scared to think weather they are going to cancle BEC labor as I already have a labor approved in my name from the same company ?

Should I file 140 with the PERM ?

please suggest what do I do..

The best way to proceed is to Notify DOL and withdraw that application and go ahed and file I140 with PERM Labor. I donlt see any point as to ahy you should mainatin that application as it last 2005 one

saknia said:
The best way to proceed is to Notify DOL and withdraw that application and go ahed and file I140 with PERM Labor. I donlt see any point as to ahy you should mainatin that application as it last 2005 one

Thanks for replying..

The only point is, if I wait for the BEC labor and get it next 6 months, then I can have a much better PD and will get the final GC faster..
I don't think cutoff date will reach 12/5 next 2 years even though mine is EB2
So I am not going to withdraw my old case. What is bothering me now is whether DOL will reject my 09/2002 based on the PERM case.
When I filed PERM, I didn't think about this possiblility. However, now I am aprehensive.

sk0902 said:
Thanks for replying..

The only point is, if I wait for the BEC labor and get it next 6 months, then I can have a much better PD and will get the final GC faster..
So I am not going to withdraw my old case. What is bothering me now is whether DOL will reject my 09/2002 based on the PERM case.
When I filed PERM, I didn't think about this possiblility. However, now I am aprehensive.

I think I am mistaken on your PD. If it is 09/2002 do not use PERM. wait for that. I gave my answer based on 12.2005 PD for your labor with PBEC.

Check with an attorney on this before you do naything. It is worth the $$ you will spend on this rather than regret when the DOl take some action later

Don't loose your PD

sk0902 said:
Thanks for replying..

If I were you, I would not loose the older PD. PERM is very fast - but in this day'n age of retrogression, what's the point of sitting on an approved labor anyway. Everyone's end goal here is to get GC - you wouldn't get it any faster even if you go the PERM route. Its best to wait and use your older PD. As you said, if you get your BEC labor approved in next 6-8 months, you will be well ahead of the entire race.
Retrogression elimination - I don't think that even if they retrieve older visa numbers, it would take a longer time to reach to late 2005 PD's for I-485. In my opinion, people from 2002/2003 are best served by waiting.
You'll be so surprised - there are so many bum-asses in my office who don't really understand the basics of GC and are sitting with approved PERM labor. No doubt, you'll jeopardise your older PD if you file I-140 using PERM labor.

Ironically, PERM seems to be "cart ahead of the horse" at this point. Think about it - there are so many people (I mean thousands) with PD between your old-PD and new-PD, so to get to your newer PD, you might be in line/race with so many others - that's not even considering the retrogression AND approved people from BEC's who will line up in-between.
I'm pretty sure there are so many people here (includes me), who are/were at the same "cross-roads" when PERM became the reality and consciously decided against it.

The bottom line -
1) Go PERM and wait another 3-4yrs to get GC.
2) Wait and get GC in another 2yrs (worst case). Remember I-140 and I-485 processing takes about 8-10months now-a-days. So, once you clear labor (let's say in another yr), you'll on the fast track towards GC.
3) Wait till end of this year and decide your plan of action for #1 or #2.

I'm just trying to give you some options; its your decision which way to proceed. But I can see the "tilt of scale".

futre828 said:
And where is FL???
I sould've waited and filed a PERM instead...

yep, you're gonna use this forum a LOT :)

I would definitely say that if you have the money, go for PERM, it's pointless to wait for years with a pd in 2005.

Pbec

Guys,
I never see any info about the Delaware cases here. It is scary to assume that none of them have been passed yet by PBEC.

If any of you are from DE, let me know.

PD - June 2003
RD - Aug 2004
45 Days : Mar 2005

Waiting....

Sahil2002 said:
If I were you, I would not loose the older PD. PERM is very fast - but in this day'n age of retrogression, what's the point of sitting on an approved labor anyway. Everyone's end goal here is to get GC - you wouldn't get it any faster even if you go the PERM route. Its best to wait and use your older PD. As you said, if you get your BEC labor approved in next 6-8 months, you will be well ahead of the entire race.
Retrogression elimination - I don't think that even if they retrieve older visa numbers, it would take a longer time to reach to late 2005 PD's for I-485. In my opinion, people from 2002/2003 are best served by waiting.
You'll be so surprised - there are so many bum-asses in my office who don't really understand the basics of GC and are sitting with approved PERM labor.

No doubt, you'll jeopardise your older PD if you file I-140 using PERM labor.

Why would you think if PERM gets approved, leaving the old case behind and give you an opportunity to file I-140 - that would kill your old LC PD? Please show me the link where it states such. Or I may not be reading your right.

sk0902 said:
Thanks for replying..

DOL will NOT reject your old case. There's no rule saying you cannot have multiple labors. If I were you, I'd file 140 now. If old labor clears, then you can either replace the labor in the 140 with the older PD, or file a brand new 140.

Talk to your lawyer, but I don't think you have a problem there at all.

Filing PERM or Old Priority does not put you ahead of Queue due to Retrogession Dates? either way wait is confirm whether you are waiting on Labor or after labor.....

futre828 said:
And where is FL???
I sould've waited and filed a PERM instead...[/QUOTE

Hi Forum Friends,
Yesterday only i subscibed my name in this forum.But i am not new guy to this forum.This forum is home page for me last couple of years.

Now i am in problems.
1)I entered this country in 1998 as Software Analyst.
2)After two years i got civil engineer post as Office Engineer in NJ.
3)Since June 2002 to date, i am working as Office Engineer.
4)I am in 8th year extension applied,it is in under process.
5)I applied my labor in November 2003 for my GC.
6)Till date i have not received any 45 letter from PBEC.
7)Just i received message from my employer,that my last date of employement is march 30,2006.

My question is i am in 8th year extension(already applied),when i am loosing this job does it effects any thing to my GC process.Existing company is Americans company.99% they won't support my GC process.

Give me your valuble suggestions,for my next step.

PD:EB3/NJ/Nov 2003.

Make sure new job location is the same location/city where your recruitment concluded

a_to_z_gc said:
Hi friends,

I am getting a promotion from my existing employer to a higher level, with same job description and same department. Is this an issue with my GC process? They called me and said that it's upto me and if I want to refuse the promotion for GC process, they shall respect that.

Kindly let me know your views.

Thanks!

Job title, Job duties, Salary increase/same should not affect on GC process. Only concern is the new job location/city should
be the same for which your labor cert applied till you complete 6 months after I-485 applied, hope this helps.