Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

All veterans here is this thread....

We are so so rejoicing with just 3 approvals today.....I only hope to see this forum filled with approvals in the coming months...!!

With all these approvals flood then we will be backlogged for 140, forget about 485 stage for the next near future...

I have lost hope with lawsuit etc..it is just that PBEC has mercy on us and approve our cases....Atleast in my case, I cant single out for my LC..cos I see a little glitch im my LC( I wonder if it is also a glitch, but to my eyes it looks like one...)

saknia said:
Hi StresstestInUSA

What do you think will happen out of these

1) 3 months from now lot of people get approvals and Lawsuit is forgotten

2) Only few approvals in next 3 months and Lawsuit filed and CO of PBEC removed

3) Nothing happens - We all talk like same and calling Guru's of PBEC for expert advise

4) Reto Bill Passes and Visa Dates moves faster and lots of people file PERM and not show their faces here

5) DBEC Close Shop by June 2006

like I said earlier Saknia...not being pessimistic, having a lawsuit against a Govt organization is initself a major issue...Added to that all of them have to be highly dedicated,committed for the fight..just not putting in some $$....If we need to go in that direction...we have to until we reach the end of the fight...

About Retrogression I am very positive some relief will comeup..it will not be left just like the way it is....In another say 3 months even if the visadate move fairly well upto 2002..they will get stuck/move very slowly there as by then many early 2002s will file... if dependants r not counted as visa# is also a good relief...but again when the hell do we comeout of this shit...!! trust me, I have made 'deals'(mannath) with almighty to get me out of this shit asap...

I need to ask how will the 245i cases be handled at the BEC's...I think since they r amnesty cases, they will be treated as TR/NonRIR...so their adjucdications will be relatively slow compared to cases like ours...thats what I think..if they and we go in the same speed ...we r dead meat...!!

Please help gurus

I might be asking this at wrong forum but need u alls help..

Got my labor approved just today...My real question is can I file for I 140 now and then once the Visa bulletin dates are past my PD I can apply for I 485 .
Or do I have to go the old way of getting my 140 approval and then applying for 485...Please help guys I am confused.
thanks

laborpain01 said:

Got my labor approved just today...My real question is can I file for I 140 now and then once the Visa bulletin dates are past my PD I can apply for I 485 .
Or do I have to go the old way of getting my 140 approval and then applying for 485...Please help guys I am confused.
thanks

It depends on where you file 140 - Which Service center. Currently Texas is the fastest ( Dec 05). Vermont is Mar 05.

Once you file 140 you can file 485 only after you clear 140. If your 6th Year is finishing soon better file 140 and once it claers you will get 3 year extn. Otherwise you can wait for Visa dates to come to PD ( hope it is June 2002 RIR). In that case April Bulletin it will be current and you can file 140 & 485 then. If that is the case you better wait and file together

Not Sure it is PBEC & Apr 2004 approval

#39 23rd February 2006, 09:50 PM
sudmoni
Registered User Join Date: Nov 2004

hello everyone,
My labor got approved recently
eb2, pd april 2004
Can sometime tell me how many days it takes for the lawyer to receive the certified labor approval documents so that we can file the I-140. Because its been 2 weeks but my lawyer has not received the packet. I only got the approval letter.
thnaks

StressTestInUSA said:
like I said earlier Saknia...not being pessimistic, having a lawsuit against a Govt organization is initself a major issue...Added to that all of them have to be highly dedicated,committed for the fight..just not putting in some $$....If we need to go in that direction...we have to until we reach the end of the fight...

About Retrogression I am very positive some relief will comeup..it will not be left just like the way it is....In another say 3 months even if the visadate move fairly well upto 2002..they will get stuck/move very slowly there as by then many early 2002s will file... if dependants r not counted as visa# is also a good relief...but again when the hell do we comeout of this shit...!! trust me, I have made 'deals'(mannath) with almighty to get me out of this shit asap...

I need to ask how will the 245i cases be handled at the BEC's...I think since they r amnesty cases, they will be treated as TR/NonRIR...so their adjucdications will be relatively slow compared to cases like ours...thats what I think..if they and we go in the same speed ...we r dead meat...!!

I now have a intution that Option 1 will happen. ( Just my gut feeling) Could be true or not

laborpain01 said:

thanks

You dont have to wait for I-140 to be approved. As soon as your PD becomes current, you can file 485 even if your I-140 is still pending. It will then still qualify as "concurrent filing".

tanveer666 said:
Folks

If this 18 months storey is true then there should be 1000 approval per day not just three .

SKINA AND STREET TEST IN U S A THERE IS LONG WAY TO GO ....

MY 45 DAYS LETTER WAS ISSUED ON OCTOBER 20TH 2005

ATTRONEY RECEIVED 45 DAYS LETTER ON OCTOBER 31ST 2005

MY ATTRONEY REPLIED BACK 45 DAYS LETTER ON 11/15/2005

Guys please keep sending e mails , faxes, and please support law suit
With all my skepticism towards PBEC I must say 3 approvals a day in our tracker is almost enough to clear the backlog in 18 months. My reasoning is the following,
There are total 180,000 cases in PBEC I read somewhere that they managed to process 10% in 16 months. So we are left with 162,000 cases. Let's say 2000 were closed because the employers were not interested anymore,
So we have 160,000 unprocessed cases. We also have 581 unapproved cases in our tracker for PBEC. 160,000 / 581 = 275. In other words every reported here case is equal to 275 real cases.
So 3 today's reports are really 825 approved cases.

It would be true if everybody registers in the tracker BEFORE his case is approved and we only update the entry. If somebody posts approval that is not in the tracker we'd better not count it. That way we can keep the statistics much more accurate.
As the time goes on and more users register in the tracker and the ammount of unprocessed cases in PBEC decreases we would need to revise these statements.
What bothers me the most that there are sudden splashes of approvals here and there and then long silent periods. So I totally agree we cannot afford any sluck and we should be pushing DOL by all possible means.
The lawsuit will certanly speedup the processing.

Last edited by a moderator:
CAPDJUL2002 said:
I don't think PBEC is publishing case status now, when you request for 7th year extension. They stopped it in SEP/OCT 2005.
my 6 year h1 b is expiring in nov 2006 ...when is the best time to file for 7th yr ext ? is it possible to do it on my own ...I dont want to pay the attorney more money than necessary just so that they start putting some pressure (and let us know that they are putting pressure thru aila ..) on PBEC mess..

mariner555 said:
my 6 year h1 b is expiring in nov 2006 ...when is the best time to file for 7th yr ext ? is it possible to do it on my own ...I dont want to pay the attorney more money than necessary just so that they start putting some pressure (and let us know that they are putting pressure thru aila ..) on PBEC mess..

Do u have a screenshot from PBEc that your labor is pending...keep that handy...if your filing for h1 beyond 6 yrs..

u have to wait 6 months prior to h1 expiry to file for H1 extn..so maybe it will be May 06 you can file

Liked your logic

sbdol said:
With all my skepticism towards PBEC I must say 3 approvals a day in our tracker is almost enough to clear the backlog in 18 months. My reasoning is the following,
There are total 180,000 cases in PBEC I read somewhere that they managed to process 10% in 16 months. So we are left with 162,000 cases. Let's say 2000 were closed because the employers were not interested anymore,
So we have 160,000 unprocessed cases. We also have 581 unapproved cases in our tracker for PBEC. 160,000 / 581 = 275. In other words every reported here case is equal to 275 real cases.
So 3 today's reports are really 825 approved cases.

It would be true if everybody registers in the tracker BEFORE his case is approved and we only update the entry. If somebody posts approval that is not in the tracker we'd better not count it. That way we can keep the statistics much more accurate.
As the time goes on and more users register in the tracker and the ammount of unprocessed cases in PBEC decreases we would need to revise these statements.
What bothers me the most that there are sudden splashes of approvals here and there and then long silent periods. So I totally agree we cannot afford any sluck and we should be pushing DOL by all possible means.
The lawsuit will certanly speedup the processing.

Nice ! I liked your logic. The only thing we should watch is when more people joins the tracker - number percentage will be affected.

45 Day Letter

Along with 45 day letter PBEC sent my ETA 750 back asking to resend the application back to back. Is this familiar to anyone.

SAIK

saik said:
Along with 45 day letter PBEC sent my ETA 750 back asking to resend the application back to back. Is this familiar to anyone.

SAIK

maybe it got soaked in their coffee spill...!! just kidding....!!

who knows what they r playing around with our files...fill it back and mail it with confirmation mail...never heard of filling back the ETA form before...!!

Originally Posted by sbdol

Good analysis sbdol..
On the other hand, if we don't see any approvals in this forum in a given day that shouldn't be taken as nothing got processed on that day but should be considered as none of the approvals were reported here.

Also, for all you know there could be many more approvals in a day than what we could make out.

that's the whole problem, if there is no transparency in what is happening and in which order the applications are being processed we are always in the dark. and intsances like getting to know that the case has been closed much later keeps repeating.

Let's be optimistic....

Last edited by a moderator:
Approvals for TR/Non RIR cases

Good to see some approvals. Most of them are RIR cases. Does any one of you know approvals for TR cases? Mine is non RIR with a priority date of June 2002. Case never made it to regional. 45 Day letter received and replied last September 2005.

Any information regarding processing TR cases are welcome.

Thanks!

Brief Conference with Lawyers

Dear Fellow sufferers:

I just got off conference call with my lawyers regarding filing PERM. Since I have less than an year on H1B left, they said that its unwise to file PERM as they have to spend time in Recruitment which will take another 120 days. Anyways, whatever the case they were reluctant to file PERM by making me believe that there is no guarantee that PD will be retained. Lawyer mentioned that its foolish to go for PERM bcoz, if sh.. happens, I loose the PD and will be in "that"

On a different note, she mentioned that they talked to PBEC? regarding these approvals and told that PBEC likes to approve RIRs first as they do not need further recruitment. They said they are gettings approvals around "my" time framing for RIR candidates . When I asked to make a guestimate for my case, she mentioned that, my labor will be approved in next 3 - 4 months atmost.

For whatever the reason, I guess I will (though "guess" and "will" two different moods) wait till it gets approved... If you are in similar situation, it may be worth waiting rather than going for PERM.... else you may be risking PD...

FRAGOMEN is my lawyers office if it ever interests you...

thats 2 anas.....

Kiran00

saknia said:
It depends on where you file 140 - Which Service center. Currently Texas is the fastest ( Dec 05). Vermont is Mar 05.

Once you file 140 you can file 485 only after you clear 140. If your 6th Year is finishing soon better file 140 and once it claers you will get 3 year extn. Otherwise you can wait for Visa dates to come to PD ( hope it is June 2002 RIR). In that case April Bulletin it will be current and you can file 140 & 485 then. If that is the case you better wait and file together

Wrong!

You can always file your I-485 once your PD is current no matter your I-140 has been approved or not.

check your case status.

greynicolls said:
yeah lets be optimistic..........

being depressed doesn't do n e thing for us....

Don’t mean to scare you, but you should check your case status.

There was a case the other day that got closed, which has similar PD as yours