Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Ttdooaes said:
Ttdooaes
My case is same as you , Can you tell me what document you provided to provenew employer is successor. My company is not totally purchase only our division is purchase and old company is still there.

TT, your lawyer should be on top of it ... in my case, a new company was created from scratch, with new employer number, etc. My lawyers sent a copy of the incorporation docs, along with a letter from HR and a copy of the press release showing the connection between old and new company.

New here

New to this forum. You guys are doing an amazing job sharing the news!!! Just wanted to update with my details.

NJ SWA RIR
PD: 11/13/2003
ETA CAse no: T-05153-XXXXX
45 Day notice : Not yet.

I just got the email proof my PBEC , I think my stats above is not giving any useful info, atleast I can go for 7th yr extension.

PERM or not PERM

just a quick thought on the debate "should I go PERM or not" ...

my opinion is, regardless of your PD, if you have the $$ and if your company is willing to do the recruitment, by all means, FILE PERM !

you'll then have PERM and old labor going ... you'll file 140 based on whichever comes through first ... even if you can't file 485 because of retro, and then the old labor clears, you can file another 140/485, the worst thing it can happen is that you'll lose the fees.

remember, employment-based GC is for future employment, so as long as you end up working for the employer which sponsored your GC (and in the same position you were approved for), the INS won't complain.

the only reason I don't do it is because my company says they can't do the recruitment again because it's too much workload for the HR girl.

It's incredible how useless this thread is. Every day there's like 10 more pages and people go over and over the same few things and ask same questions.
Are you guys ridiculously bored to post the same stuff on and on or do you really think your ranting here will help resolving the issue?

Anybody reading the news? Mexican army is going across the border and violating basic human rights of american citizens and nobody is doing a thing about it so why do you think a bunch of immigrants are going to be put on top of their priority lists?

You're not adding any value to this thread by posting same things over and over and asking the same questions over and over. It's getting harder and harder to find useful information and track where 45 day letters and approvals actually are since it takes more and more time to browse though the useless posts.

SoR said:
It's incredible how useless this thread is. Every day there's like 10 more pages and people go over and over the same few things and ask same questions.
Are you guys ridiculously bored to post the same stuff on and on or do you really think your ranting here will help resolving the issue?

Anybody reading the news? Mexican army is going across the border and violating basic human rights of american citizens and nobody is doing a thing about it so why do you think a bunch of immigrants are going to be put on top of their priority lists?

You're not adding any value to this thread by posting same things over and over and asking the same questions over and over. It's getting harder and harder to find useful information and track where 45 day letters and approvals actually are since it takes more and more time to browse though the useless posts.

Hi SoR

I agree with your point that only useful stuff needs to be posted. When there is no approval what else they will do except ask questions.

However we have to consider these before saying that is fully correct

1) Everyday a New user hear about this forum from a Friend and jump in here and immediately he has couple of questions to ask the experts/experienced hands here

2) He will no way know that the same question is asked and answered many times before in this Fourm

3) Questions like - PERM or Not to PERM Always has different answer depending on each case deatils and PD and offers and willingness to spend money etc

4) At each point of time we have some initiative or other

Retrogession - This came here , went away and back here again- as our Modertaor and others now thinks that is really useful and good peopel are doing it etc etc ( people who moved the thread for a small mention about selling of that web site now realize that no boday can sell that as it is owned by some good people who are not after money and really want to get Visa dates current - (for all PERM Guys))

Rally in front of PBEC - Came and fiized out

Letter Campaign - First wave is over . second wave is starting and going on

Meet CO of PBEC and Talk - One round over ( fizzled out as there are no vlunteers in the end) . New initiative is one again

Talking to Sentors President - All the time is ON

Overall this has become really good time pass when you think of PBEC mess and you should take it that way.

So finally we have to decide like this - Let people ask all questions and it will be answered in the Order in which it was received ( Of Course using PBEC FIFO Method for sure !!)

If I am in 6th Year

cantstandit said:
just a quick thought on the debate "should I go PERM or not" ...

my opinion is, regardless of your PD, if you have the $$ and if your company is willing to do the recruitment, by all means, FILE PERM !

you'll then have PERM and old labor going ... you'll file 140 based on whichever comes through first ... even if you can't file 485 because of retro, and then the old labor clears, you can file another 140/485, the worst thing it can happen is that you'll lose the fees.

remember, employment-based GC is for future employment, so as long as you end up working for the employer which sponsored your GC (and in the same position you were approved for), the INS won't complain.

the only reason I don't do it is because my company says they can't do the recruitment again because it's too much workload for the HR girl.

Hi:
What will be the situation if I am in 6th year and my new PERM case gets rejected. Does it affect the old labor any way.. I really do not want to loose the old priority date(EB2-12/2004:India).
Under whatb circumstances I can use the old PD with the new PERM?
Thanks

Agree 100% with you. Previously I used to come and visit this forum pretty regularly and also post relevant information pertaining to the purpose of this thread.

Now this forum has become a joke and lost its value with people just venting out their anger and frustation. If people who think their situation is hopeless in this GC trip then vent it out somewhere else or create a separate thread for it.

Don't spoil the purpose of this thread... :mad:

Some_GreenCard said:
I totally agree with you....instead of PBEC forum...this is becoming some psycho forum...

SoR said:

hummm ... let's see your questions/comments so far:

SoR said:
No 45-day letter here either.
My application was received by NJ on Dec 2002, I don't know my case number and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us didn't reply to my e-mail inqury from last Wednesday 8/24

that was pretty good ... next:

SoR said:
I don't think anyone really knows what's going on.
My date was December 2002 and I phoned up my lawyer and they told me they have no way of tracking what's going on.
I've then sent an e-mail to Phila backlog center and got a generic reply that I should contact my employer or my lawyer :rolleyes:
Good luck with your LC, I'm almost giving up on it by now. If it happens it happens if not, I might go back to my country quicker.

and:

SoR said:
I have a question about current labor certification.
My case was received by NJ DOL on December 2002 and now with backlog reduction centers I can't figure out what's happening with it. Not that I was able to before too but at least I had the dates on the DOL website...

I called up my attorney and they're telling me that they don't know either and that there's no way for them to find out.
After reading this forum I can see that many people actually know what their old case numbers were and they were able to receive their new case numbers.
I also found an e-mail address for Phila BEC where you can send a request for status of your case and I got this e-mail back:

At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on
Permanent Labor Certifications. Please contact your employer or
attorney.

Thank you

Does it mean my case is either not entered in the computer yet or something's wrong with it or they just don't want to provide any info?
Thanks

sorry, couldn't help it, no offense ... welcome aboard :)

Going to PERM or Not?

va-12-04 said:
Hi:
What will be the situation if I am in 6th year and my new PERM case gets rejected. Does it affect the old labor any way.. I really do not want to loose the old priority date(EB2-12/2004:India).
Under whatb circumstances I can use the old PD with the new PERM?
Thanks

Hi va-12-04,

Below is what I got from my lawer before I got 45 day letter. We have conference call next Tuesday to discuss about this issue. My H1 will be ended 6th year on May, 2007.

"I had made a note to follow up with you to discuss the new PERM program.
There have been a number of changes in the processing of visas, and unfortunately, they are not positive. There are no updates on the
backlog center yet. They have not published any processing times. However, it is likely that it will be quite some time before they reach your case. We have not received 45-day letters for any cases yet. We have been told that they are very behind in processing these letters.

I also want to inform you about another situation that has occurred as of October 1, 2005. This is a lengthy explanation, so please read through it to understand the impact this new situation will have on your pending case.

In order to be granted permanent residence, you must be granted an immigrant visa number. Employment-based applications are separated
into several categories based on the requirements for the position for which the labor certification application was filed. In your case, the initial job requirements indicated that the position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree. This would place the job in the EB3 (Employment-based 3rd) category.

There is an annual limit on the number of immigrant visas issued in
each category per country. Over the past several years, this has
not been a problem because CIS has approved relatively few permanent
residence applications (thereby increasing the backlog of cases within CIS, and lengthening the processing times). However, CIS is now moving through cases much more quickly, and therefore they are approving more cases and using more visa numbers. Visa numbers are assigned based on a priority date which is established by the date of filing of the labor certification application (in your case, March 20, 2003). When the State Department begins to run out of visa numbers for the current fiscal year, the priority dates retrogress, and only those applications with priority dates prior to the
dates listed on the visa bulletin can be processed.

The State Department has announced that, as of October 1, the priority date for EB3 applicants from all countries (except India, China and the Philippines, which have retrogressed further back) has retrogressed back to March 1, 2001. This means that you are prohibited from advancing to the final stages of the Permanent Residence process (i.e. filing an I-485 Adjustment of Status application or Consular Processing) until your priority date becomes current.

The State Department has indicated that forward movement in the
retrogressed dates is likely to be slow, so there is no way to estimate how long it will be before your priority date becomes current. The State Department issues the Visa Bulletin for each month in the middle of the previous month. You can find the current Visa Bulletin online at
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html.

As you know, while your labor certification application is pending,
you will continue to be eligible for extensions of your H-1B status
on a yearly basis. However, even if you had an approved labor
certification today, we would not be able to file for adjustment
of status to permanent residence for you. Therefore, even though
the backlog center is taking a long time, it is not significantly
impacting your ability to file for permanent residence. This means
that it even if you file under PERM and get an approved labor certification very quickly, you would not be able to file your I-485. However, we could file a visa petition (I-140) for you.

The only way this would change is if you were in another job at your firm that required either a Master's degree or a Bachelor's degree
plus 5 years experience. In that case, you would be in the EB2 category, and that category is not current backed up for your country
."

Hi va-12-04 again,

I don't know much...just began to research.

Take a look at this http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/faqsanswers.asp#refile1

REFILING

Can the employer refile a labor certification application filed under the previous permanent labor certification regulations under the new streamlined system and retain the filing date of the original application?
Yes, if a job order has not been placed pursuant to the regulations in effect prior to March 28, 2005, an employer may refile by withdrawing the original application and submitting, within 210 days of withdrawing, an application for an identical job opportunity which complies with all of the filing and recruiting requirements of the new PERM regulation.

NOTE: Indicating on the Application for Permanent Employment Certification, ETA Form 9089, the desire to use the filing date from a previously submitted application, i.e., marking "yes" to question A-1, is deemed to be a withdrawal of the original application.

NOTE: If a job order for an application has been placed by the State Workforce Agency (SWA) as part of the traditional recruitment process under the regulations in effect prior to March 28, 2005, the employer is prohibited from refiling the application and retaining the original filing date. However, if an employer placed a job order as a recruitment step in a reduction-in-recruitment application, the job order is not considered a job order placed by the SWA as part of the traditional recruitment process and the employer is permitted to withdraw and refile.

Feel Free not to read the posts if its useless

SoR said:

Some_GreenCard said:
I totally agree with you....instead of PBEC forum...this is becoming some psycho forum...

Please refrain from being harsh by questioning the very most purpose of thread.. I believe that lot of people are doing good work here especially Saknia, Tanveer, StressTestInUSA and cantstandit.
Many readers get updated with the lot of new information.

There is nothing happening like a show. I don't expect updates everyday. However this window does provide an opportunity to share ideas among people stuck in similar situation.

Please do not vent your anger on the thread itself....;) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
4MyWife said:
I agree my lawyers suck and I got screwed because of my ignorance on this subject but it took me a while to realize how big of a mistake I made by not forcing them to file the old LC....

The LC for Jan 2001 is NOT approved yet. the LC belonged to an employee who doesnt need it anymore (married an American I guess... or left the company)....

They filed name substitution with the 45 day letter, which had no errors for correction. As i read the LC procedure manuals you can substitute the alien before or after the approval of the LC.. they decided to do it before the approval I guess for me.... The lawyer told me that they can either change the name or they can approve it as is and expect us to substitute during the USCIS process. I HOPE THIS DOES NOT PUT IT IN THE TROUBLED LINE.... With my luck it probably is in the troubled line and a lovely Jan 2001 case will be approved after March 2005 cases are cleared in 2008.... Oh well.....

Any more input is appreciated.....

Hope you r still looking around this thread...

check in immigration-law.com today..I think removal of LC substitution will get into action sooner or later...see how safe you r before you lose some more time....before this becomes a law, try out all options to save yourself..

Try to see if you can save yourself with the plan you had or look out for other options in filing PERM etc...

Speak to some attorney about your case...you r already in the 8th yr of H1..!!

AbstractVision said:
Please refrain from being harsh by questioning the very most purpose of thread.. I believe that lot of people are doing good work here especially Sakina, Tanveer, StressTestInUSA and cantstandit.
Many readers get updated with the lot of new information.

There is nothing happening like a show. I don't expect updates everyday. However this window does provide an opportunity to share ideas among people stuck in similar situation.

Please do not vent your anger on the thread itself....;) :p

Agreed.... however some folks here need to stop posting dumb comments like "Hey guys we are doing a good job answering so many questions" or "Welcome back, I am glad you're back" or responding to other's irrelevant comments. Pity, many don't even get saknia's name spelt right. If there's no news, you dont have to fill up this thread with irrelevant info. Folks, don't get into deep depression - chill out!

This is a catch-22 for me, as I wouldn't even have bothered to reply to this had it not been for the lack of subject! Sorry.

How much wait?

I applied my RIR Labor in VA on Jan 03, 2005. I got my 45 day receipt letter with P number in last week of August 2005. I answered that letter in ist week of September after that I have no clue. But its desperate to see people in this forum with PD 2001,2002,2003.... and still waiting. I don't where I am standing and how long I have to wait. Can some one estimate my waiting time before my LC is certified?

Thanks for any input.

SoR said:

Its this rant that brings us together, that unites us. We are talking about PBEC, how they are working (or how they are prending :) they are working) what are their goals, what are our plans etc... I am not sure how its irrelevant. By sharing the emotions, it makes us feel better.

I agree lawsuits, mass mails is a long shot. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we should just sit idly ? History is that proof that any community effort faces quite reluctance but finally it does provide results. Even if it doesn't, I am sure most of us here are ambitious, optimistic souls who won't rest till we have answers, when our LC is cleared. Its a privilege to be granted visa and GC , but its our (or employer's) right to know whats going with my application as a beneficiary.

malidar said:
I applied my RIR Labor in VA on Jan 03, 2005. I got my 45 day receipt letter with P number in last week of August 2005. I answered that letter in ist week of September after that I have no clue. But its desperate to see people in this forum with PD 2001,2002,2003.... and still waiting. I don't where I am standing and how long I have to wait. Can some one estimate my waiting time before my LC is certified?

Thanks for any input.
As earlier posting in forum will give you an indication that any LC app in 2004/2005 is in for more delays. If your company supports then file in PERM. It is a better option than waiting indefinitely for this labor.

As for getting 45 days letter it is only an indicator that some sleepy soul (no demon) wants to confirm if your company is still interested in this future job opportunity.
I got mine a year back and that's what pulled me in to this mess I currently am. So if you have any hopes kindled by this letter, blow it away.

You asked waiting time. Well when PBEC doesn't know what and when it is doing then no one can give you an estimate.

Lastly if you are reading this forum, please joinn immigration voice, contribute whatever you can and support cantstandit's letter campaign

CA EB2-RIR
11/2002

MannyD said:
Agreed.... however some folks here need to stop posting dumb comments like "Hey guys we are doing a good job answering so many questions" or "Welcome back, I am glad you're back" or responding to other's irrelevant comments. Pity, many don't even get saknia's name spelt right. If there's no news, you dont have to fill up this thread with irrelevant info. Folks, don't get into deep depression - chill out!

This is a catch-22 for me, as I wouldn't even have bothered to reply to this had it not been for the lack of subject! Sorry.

Hey!!! whats in a name. Anyway i agree with u on this one.... oh no, i filled up this thread again with irrelevant comment . my bad

july 2002PD

MY PD is July 2002, RIR from NY.
45 D letter got and replied in Aug 2005, so far no news.

If the labor is approved will they send a copy to employer also OR only to attorney.
If I go resign for this job and went back to India, still my GC can be continued ,Employer supports, he won't with draw the petition.
Please let me know