Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

DOL to Publish Substitution Elimination Proposed Rule on coming Monday

Hope that BEC and DOL will implement this Rule as early as possible. After that if they show some common sense, they will stop the f'king 45-day letter and just certify the cases without much delay.

bhatt said:
Hope that BEC and DOL will implement this Rule as early as possible. After that if they show some common sense, they will stop the f'king 45-day letter and just certify the cases without much delay.

Yea...just waiting eagerly for the implementation of LC substituition...I can garauntee more than 50% of BEC cases will not be required anymore. It shud have been done long back..but better late than never...Nick Manadlapa's case is the evidence..there must be thousands of guys like that in all sizes with their LC's lying in BEC's...there r so many crooks ready to abuse the system, when it comes to this we cant blame DOL..!!

Its too late for the 45 day letter crap to be stopped...need to stretch our patience until June2006...

Yeah I just read the proposed rule at:

http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/9a...9eb0c12efa4303ae852571110078439e?OpenDocument

Even though this will probably go in effect (and it will definitely go effect because this is a criminal case and it was an AUDIT finding of DOL so they have to do this) within the next 2-3 months, I think my chances of this substitution is very dim, unless the certifiying officers approve mine within the next 60 days or so.... (with the substituted name)

So i just emailed the lawyers to go ahead and file PERM... my problem is they say the PERM is more stringent for the work experience gained in the same company and that the LC position should be 50% different than the position you are applying for.... I hope the lawyers wont tell me to wait because this is just a proposition, my labor could get approved etc etc etc... we will see.

I am from a country where Eb2 is not backlogged so I will try to go that path, I have masters and ton of certifications so maybe its my final chance).... I am probably a show case of how someone could get screwed in the immigration works in USA... I never thought I would be like this but unfortunately I am.... My 6th year H1B expires MArch 2007, and then I have another year so this whole thing has to be cleared out for me in the next 24 months or else I will be leaving USA after 10 years.... its a shame especially after I am this naturalized and I barely have an accent... :)

Any input on my PERM situation about is appreciated....

StressTestInUSA said:
Hope you r still looking around this thread...

check in immigration-law.com today..I think removal of LC substitution will get into action sooner or later...see how safe you r before you lose some more time....before this becomes a law, try out all options to save yourself..

Try to see if you can save yourself with the plan you had or look out for other options in filing PERM etc...

Speak to some attorney about your case...you r already in the 8th yr of H1..!!

cantstandit said:
just a quick thought on the debate "should I go PERM or not" ...

my opinion is, regardless of your PD, if you have the $$ and if your company is willing to do the recruitment, by all means, FILE PERM !

you'll then have PERM and old labor going ... you'll file 140 based on whichever comes through first ... even if you can't file 485 because of retro, and then the old labor clears, you can file another 140/485, the worst thing it can happen is that you'll lose the fees.

remember, employment-based GC is for future employment, so as long as you end up working for the employer which sponsored your GC (and in the same position you were approved for), the INS won't complain.

the only reason I don't do it is because my company says they can't do the recruitment again because it's too much workload for the HR girl.
i am in the same boat or u can say the later boat PD is 11/2004 -RIR -TX-EB3... will talk with HR,Manager and attorney for filling PERM. but my attorney is a real Hero ...seems like asking about 6000 for filing PERM. then our HR girl says it adds work for company count in another 2 grand... My boss says lets have strategy to deal..tried to explain this EB2/EB3/PERM the whole GC mess... tough for an american to understand... anyways now i have to proff its cost effective if we go PERM route so that we can file for H1 b for 3 years rather than 1 year...can i sell this ..time will tell will update u guys what went on with this theory... any suggestion from desi fertile mind to put this thing in a better convincing way...

bhatt said:

I agree that the labor substitution was a very convenient but very unfair option. It let employers take somebody's priority date and sell it to somebody else without explaining the reason. It also was a ground for many frauds. But how its elimination will help those who spent a good part of their life in the Philadelphia prison ? On contrary I hope they will not introduce some extra time consuming check to ensure that the application is not a substitution one.

This rule precisely states about employers picking up all the related costs for a GC application. Don't you guys think it'll be a problem for people like us......for simple reason that as of today many of the employers have a policy of not sponsoring gc (precisely $ part). And, it comes right out of our pocket. This stands true with my company too.

Hopefully this gets implemented soon. Some of the crooks have abused the system with no FEAR.

4MyWife said:
Yeah I just read the proposed rule at:

http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/9a...9eb0c12efa4303ae852571110078439e?OpenDocument

Even though this will probably go in effect (and it will definitely go effect because this is a criminal case and it was an AUDIT finding of DOL so they have to do this) within the next 2-3 months, I think my chances of this substitution is very dim, unless the certifiying officers approve mine within the next 60 days or so.... (with the substituted name)

So i just emailed the lawyers to go ahead and file PERM... my problem is they say the PERM is more stringent for the work experience gained in the same company and that the LC position should be 50% different than the position you are applying for.... I hope the lawyers wont tell me to wait because this is just a proposition, my labor could get approved etc etc etc... we will see.

I am from a country where Eb2 is not backlogged so I will try to go that path, I have masters and ton of certifications so maybe its my final chance).... I am probably a show case of how someone could get screwed in the immigration works in USA... I never thought I would be like this but unfortunately I am.... My 6th year H1B expires MArch 2007, and then I have another year so this whole thing has to be cleared out for me in the next 24 months or else I will be leaving USA after 10 years.... its a shame especially after I am this naturalized and I barely have an accent... :)

Any input on my PERM situation about is appreciated....

sbdol said:
I agree that the labor substitution was a very convenient but very unfair option. It let employers take somebody's priority date and sell it to somebody else without explaining the reason. It also was a ground for many frauds. But how its elimination will help those who spent a good part of their life in the Philadelphia prison ? On contrary I hope they will not introduce some extra time consuming check to ensure that the application is not a substitution one.

Hi

This removal of Labor substitution will work for the benefit of all of us in the Longrun fr sure.

First - This will bring in FIFO in the processs -I think the amount of approved Labor currently being sold to all new comers who can pay will first implement FIFO which we want and cry for all the time

Centralization of all Labor stopped all the inequality we had with in the system ( Of course with a costly price we pay through PBEC now). But it will be a good step for future. Now no one can just open up a dummy office in Wyoming and get labor approved in months while guys from NY is waiting since 2001. This is number one benefit I see with this . FIFO in all respect

Second - If all the approved labor is sold - These will consume Visa Numbers . This will be freed for all of us who are waiting in the queue. This could be any where from 50,000 to 60000 . Iam guessing 10% of approved Labor is being old in the market now . It could be more or less even

Third - There is no change allowed in PERM any more .I mean substitution of names etc . This might come as an additional cost to one who pay for PERM . He has to file new one even if there is a mistake. But brighter side is now it forces employer to pay.( some might get hit because not all employer will be willing to pay second time. But I think it will improve Attorney efficiency( client will push for correct paperwork as otherwise he has to pay) and you don't have to wait for 6 months instead of 3 months

Fourth - This will debar the employer and Attorney from Labor process if proved that they are selling or part of selling effort. It will create Investigation for Fraud .

Nowaday Attorney's are part of this selling too. This has to stop - Period.

Ofcourse ike every violation of law some company might still do the selling. But this law will greatly reduce that Fraud and many will toe in line after this. Even some Big Attorney firms are not advising Clients when they substitute one name for other. I know of a Company which substituted a new Guy for a pending Labor because he paid them few bucks. They have another labor labor pending which they want to use for the old guy. Now in cases like these if you come to know about this you can sue the Attorney itself. Now they have to wake up and advise client or be part of it and face investigation ( this is one the reason they might object to this law )

One can argue how an Attorney will be part of a Business decision by a Client for that kind of substitution.They want more Business from Client and that is why they keep quiet even after knowing about all this pain of waiting game and how the process is today.If one can prove this point then Attorney will be part of the Fraud investigation and No one with good reputation will want that publicity

Fifth - Employer has to Pay and Pay and Pay . some might argue that they will not pay. Today is a competitive economy. He will pay if he needs to. But today he is avoiding it as there is no binding law for that. This will help. But few might still not pay. I think that the percenatge that gets affcted with that will be very less and in the larger interest of other people they have to sacrifice I think.

Envision a day when all IT work will be done at Third world countries ( where talents are ) and all of us does not have to write in PBEC like this and wait for 7th , 8th , 9th year Extn, then 140, 485, citizenship etc etc. We might miss US for sure for all the Comforts, good system ( excluding PBEC) , Good education for our Children ( remember there are lots of study now that shows that US is lagging behind in Education that might be needed in 2015.) Our Countries will benefit economically and this will improve how we operate in future. All Third world countries are doing well now and much improved in standard of living in a great deal in comparison to the time we left that place.

There will be lot of Objections from Big wigs ( Business) and Attorneys for this with a lame excuse that this will delay the employer in getting the Resource he needs and all the economic bullshit thoery attached to that

Answer this question: How a Labor filed in 2001 to 2004 who's date of approval is not known to the GOD even will be successfully used for a Guy they plan to hire now. Business is not the same today as it was in 2001. They can go to PERM (which is a very good step DOL did before this rule) and apply and he gets his approval for the Guy in the 60 days. ( prior paper work of 30 days should not be counted for this).Big Companies does not even do H1 nowadays .Why they cry for GC. They have lot of options - 7th, 8th extn etc

What is the Justification to retain an OLD labor that is getting cleared now.Absolutely none except that it will add more Bugs to the packet and not to improve Business as they justify

Even Learned Attorney's like Murthy's object to this law stating it will hamper Business of their clinets. Business will no way get affected. If the Guy has moved out of your company file a new PERM application- Period.

In fact we should make sure this Draft gets in to law. It will help retrogession and Gets us FIFO for who waits here in DOL. This should be added to law suit agenda OR IV.ORG agenda. How Attorney's will like this is another question
Whats is good for majority is always not good for a few in any community

Guys we should support this removal of substitution in my opinion. Your views are welcome

My 0.000000000002 cents

245i cases/April, 2001(EB3)

Anybody has any idea about 245i cases/April,2001 issue?

1. Will these cases fall under EB3 category or under Other Workers?
2. If this is not under Other Workers categoy, then what come under this
category?
3. Do you think EB3 category will continue to move forward or this will come to halt when it reaches April 2001 due to 245 i cases?
4. Where I can get more information abt 245 i cases?

Any input will really be appreciated. Please advice on this issue, which is very imp t o me.

Thanks!

saknia said:
Hi

This removal of Labor substitution will work for the benefit of all of us in the Longrun fr sure.

First - This will bring in FIFO in the processs -I think the amount of approved Labor currently being sold to all new comers who can pay will first implement FIFO which we want and cry for all the time

Centralization of all Labor stopped all the inequality we had with in the system ( Of course with a costly price we pay through PBEC now). But it will be a good step for future. Now no one can just open up a dummy office in Wyoming and get labor approved in months while guys from NY is waiting since 2001. This is number one benefit I see with this . FIFO in all respect

Second - If all the approved labor is sold - These will consume Visa Numbers . This will be freed for all of us who are waiting in the queue. This could be any where from 50,000 to 60000 . Iam guessing 10% of approved Labor is being old in the market now . It could be more or less even

Third - There is no change allowed in PERM any more .I mean substitution of names etc . This might come as an additional cost to one who pay for PERM . He has to file new one even if there is a mistake. But brighter side is now it forces employer to pay.( some might get hit because not all employer will be willing to pay second time. But I think it will improve Attorney efficiency( client will push for correct paperwork as otherwise he has to pay) and you don't have to wait for 6 months instead of 3 months

Fourth - This will debar the employer and Attorney from Labor process if proved that they are selling or part of selling effort. It will create Investigation for Fraud .

Nowaday Attorney's are part of this selling too. This has to stop - Period.

Ofcourse ike every violation of law some company might still do the selling. But this law will greatly reduce that Fraud and many will toe in line after this. Even some Big Attorney firms are not advising Clients when they substitute one name for other. I know of a Company which substituted a new Guy for a pending Labor because he paid them few bucks. They have another labor labor pending which they want to use for the old guy. Now in cases like these if you come to know about this you can sue the Attorney itself. Now they have to wake up and advise client or be part of it and face investigation ( this is one the reason they might object to this law )

One can argue how an Attorney will be part of a Business decision by a Client for that kind of substitution.They want more Business from Client and that is why they keep quiet even after knowing about all this pain of waiting game and how the process is today.If one can prove this point then Attorney will be part of the Fraud investigation and No one with good reputation will want that publicity

Fifth - Employer has to Pay and Pay and Pay . some might argue that they will not pay. Today is a competitive economy. He will pay if he needs to. But today he is avoiding it as there is no binding law for that. This will help. But few might still not pay. I think that the percenatge that gets affcted with that will be very less and in the larger interest of other people they have to sacrifice I think.

Envision a day when all IT work will be done at Third world countries ( where talents are ) and all of us does not have to write in PBEC like this and wait for 7th , 8th , 9th year Extn, then 140, 485, citizenship etc etc. We might miss US for sure for all the Comforts, good system ( excluding PBEC) , Good education for our Children ( remember there are lots of study now that shows that US is lagging behind in Education that might be needed in 2015.) Our Countries will benefit economically and this will improve how we operate in future. All Third world countries are doing well now and much improved in standard of living in a great deal in comparison to the time we left that place.

There will be lot of Objections from Big wigs ( Business) and Attorneys for this with a lame excuse that this will delay the employer in getting the Resource he needs and all the economic bullshit thoery attached to that

Answer this question: How a Labor filed in 2001 to 2004 who's date of approval is not known to the GOD even will be successfully used for a Guy they plan to hire now. Business is not the same today as it was in 2001. They can go to PERM (which is a very good step DOL did before this rule) and apply and he gets his approval for the Guy in the 60 days. ( prior paper work of 30 days should not be counted for this).Big Companies does not even do H1 nowadays .Why they cry for GC. They have lot of options - 7th, 8th extn etc

What is the Justification to retain an OLD labor that is getting cleared now.Absolutely none except that it will add more Bugs to the packet and not to improve Business as they justify

Even Learned Attorney's like Murthy's object to this law stating it will hamper Business of their clinets. Business will no way get affected. If the Guy has moved out of your company file a new PERM application- Period.

In fact we should make sure this Draft gets in to law. It will help retrogession and Gets us FIFO for who waits here in DOL. This should be added to law suit agenda OR IV.ORG agenda. How Attorney's will like this is another question
Whats is good for majority is always not good for a few in any community

Guys we should support this removal of substitution in my opinion. Your views are welcome

My 0.000000000002 cents

Who cares about this draft. Get my fcking labor and I am out of this shit.

About retrogression

raj2004 said:
Anybody has any idea about 245i cases/April,2001 issue?

1. Will these cases fall under EB3 category or under Other Workers?
2. If this is not under Other Workers categoy, then what come under this
category?
3. Do you think EB3 category will continue to move forward or this will come to halt when it reaches April 2001 due to 245 i cases?
4. Where I can get more information abt 245 i cases?

Any input will really be appreciated. Please advice on this issue, which is very imp t o me.

Thanks!

I believe most of 245i cases are Other category, which is 10,000 a year, which is still a part of EB3. Right now there are at May 1, 2001 so they
have moved passed April. I believe from now on PD for EB3 should move faster, because the bulk of the cases were prior to May 1. The speed should pick up even more later on, because 2002 was a year of an economic slowdown, large lay offs and stuff like that. Did you guys notice how fast DBEC zipped through 2002 and 2003? I believe we can expect similar speed at PBEC after they are done with 2001 cases. Also don't forget that in the beginning of fiscal year, which is October 1, any unused visas from EB1 and EB2 will be moved to EB3, which will give them additional boost. Probably by then the numbers for EB3 may be current.

Matt

As per following paragraph, i am assuming that no of "Other Category" is 5000 per year not 10,000

Employment Third Preference Other Workers Category: Section 203(e) of the NACARA, as amended by Section 1(e) of Pub. L. 105-139, provides that once the Employment Third Preference Other Worker (EW) cut-off date has reached the priority date of the latest EW petition approved prior to November 19, 1997, the 10,000 EW numbers available for a fiscal year are to be reduced by up to 5,000 annually beginning in the following fiscal year. This reduction is to be made for as long as necessary to offset adjustments under the NACARA program. Since the EW cut-off date reached November 19, 1997 during Fiscal Year 2001, the reduction in the EW annual limit to 5,000 began in Fiscal Year 2002.

MDwaiter24 said:
I believe most of 245i cases are Other category, which is 10,000 a year, which is still a part of EB3. Right now there are at May 1, 2001 so they
have moved passed April. I believe from now on PD for EB3 should move faster, because the bulk of the cases were prior to May 1. The speed should pick up even more later on, because 2002 was a year of an economic slowdown, large lay offs and stuff like that. Did you guys notice how fast DBEC zipped through 2002 and 2003? I believe we can expect similar speed at PBEC after they are done with 2001 cases. Also don't forget that in the beginning of fiscal year, which is October 1, any unused visas from EB1 and EB2 will be moved to EB3, which will give them additional boost. Probably by then the numbers for EB3 may be current.

Matt

DBEC have only approved regional cases. (Certainly more than 95% of their approvals anyway).

It has made them look good reaching priority dates up till spring 2004. Once these are done they have got to go back and take care of all the state cases dating back to at least 2000. Both RIR and TR routes. Still many thousands of aging cases who have waited the longest still to be looked at. I have no idea how this will affect retrogression but hope that the people in Washington will actually do something to help us all. If we do not have hope we have nothing.

No Strategy To Push Pbec

Hello Guys

This is very unfortunate that in this forum we failed to organised any strategy how to deal with this probelm .

When last time people discussed law suit issue with Rajiv . the labordrags raised a very valid point that even we loose the law suit still we will be able to bring them to the court even if we dont acheive 100 % result if we get even 30-40 % its really worth it to go for a law suit it least it might bring some good from this mess

I told 4 months back retrogression is not an issue if u guys see March visa bulliton the retrogression is gone but we waisted a lot of time in this forum on discussing retrogression issue as a result we diverted our attenion from pbec which is the problem as its alomst mid of feburary still people are here with pd of 2001

People here are discussing LC substitution issue here and saying that it will help in speeding up the process at pbec

This is a useless argument . as per records half of the cases are dead in pbec and even when 45 days letters are not being replied back but did we get any result out of this .... people in this forum have replied back their 45 days letter back in december 2004 but still no news come on guys no mattaer this labor substituion become law or not .It will not have any effect at pbec at all

In any society when people face any probelms what they do ???
they protest .......... right but here whenever i requested people no this is not possible that is not possible ..............

Some people say here that I write depressed mail its annoying for them I am really surprised they are not depressed from pbec when their lc is pending for 4 years . I said 6 months back in this forum that nothing is going to be happen in pbec they siaid no come on something has to be happen .....
can any body tell me what has happen in pbec for last six months

My attroney sent two emails for case status every time he got back genric reply the situation is so worest that no body is able to get the case status from pbec at all no body knows how long one has to wait to get their LCdone and worest thing is no fifo is being followed in pbec at all people with pd june2002 got the approval but people heaving pd prior to june 2002 and even replied back one year back are just waiting

Another problem is there is a misunderstand that people who did not get 45 days letetr their cases are being processed while that is not true . THEY WILL NOT PROCESS YOUR CASES UNTILL THEY GET THE 45 DAYS LETTER BACK. IF THEY HAVE NOT ISSUED THE 45 DAYS LETTER SO IT MEANS NO BODY IS WORKING ON YOUR CASE.

If this is the situation what you guys except from me ............ should i tell a lie that everybody is getting approval ......... everything is green ........

Now what is the solution .............................

Solution is that we should do whatever we can

1-Joing hands with labordrags for law suit

2-Send letetrs to all the relevants authorities

3-Write letters to media CNN NY TIMES . W . POASTETC ETC

4-Stage a demenstartion in fornt of PBEC

5-Donate money for the lawsuit

Doing something is better then doing nothing . as mom also only give milk to baby once baby cry for it .

Please do not discuss retrogression and LC substitution here and do not discourage other people who are sending letters donating money for lawsuit .

PBEC IS THE AXISES OF EVIL NOT THE RETROGRESSION AND LC SUBSTITUTION ISSUE

Guys pls comment on this

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely wrong guesses about 245i and EB3

MDwaiter24 said:

Matt

The majority of 245i will fall into EB3 skilled workers. It is easy for them to prove that they have qulification and profession which requires 2 years of experience. The bad thing about EB3 is that includes people with bachelor degree OR profession with experience and special training of 2 years (that point they are going to use to be qualified for EB3 skilled workers). Generally speaking carpenters, plumbers, cooks of 245i will fall into EB3 skilled workers category but not to the EB3 other workers. Someone in retrogression forum said that problem for 245i can happen only on the I-140 step, because many of them used company to sponsor them with total revenue 10,000-15,000$ and it will be hard for them to prove that those companies can afford to keep them and pay salary if their revenue is only around 10K.

Based on the current law unused visas from EB1 and EB2 will be used first by individuals from oversubscribed countries India and China who has a requeirements in EB1 and EB2 and only when there are no requirements in EB1 and EB2 from oversubscribed countries India and China unused EB1 and EB2 can be moved to EB3. I do not believe personally that it could happen.

I agree in terms of doing something about PBEC blackhole. But, read this news. AILA has sent sample 700 cases to present to DOL about problmes with current processing including Pre-PERM (BPC) cases.

Please notice how clear it is here that AILA has not even mentioned to DOL about pathetic processing time of PBEC vs DBEC. Or continous lack of FIFO being followed by any of the BEC.

If we have support from Rajeev and other lawyers, why can't have him influence AILA in sending our real issues. Why is it not happening? We are talking about lawsuits...fine let's do it. But, why no one at AILA is concerned. Why are real problems not being reported to DOL?

It's sad for us. labordrags or others who have access to Rajeev's office, can we ask this EASY QUESTION?

This will have a real impact as DOL listens to what AILA says and presents.

Guys think about it.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_dolack.html

tanveer666 said:
Hello Guys

This is very unfortunate that in this forum we failed to organised any strategy how to deal with this probelm .

When last time people discussed law suit issue with Rajiv . the labordrags raised a very valid point that even we loose the law suit still we will be able to bring them to the court even if we dont acheive 100 % result if we get even 30-40 % its really worth it to go for a law suit it least it might bring some good from this mess

I told 4 months back retrogression is not an issue if u guys see March visa bulliton the retrogression is gone but we waisted a lot of time in this forum on discussing retrogression issue as a result we diverted our attenion from pbec which is the problem as its alomst mid of feburary still people are here with pd of 2001

People here are discussing LC substitution issue here and saying that it will help in speeding up the process at pbec

This is a useless argument . as per records half of the cases are dead in pbec and even when 45 days letters are not being replied back but did we get any result out of this .... people in this forum have replied back their 45 days letter back in december 2004 but still no news come on guys no mattaer this labor substituion become law or not .It will not have any effect at pbec at all

In any society when people face any probelms what they do ???
they protest .......... right but here whenever i requested people no this is not possible that is not possible ..............

Some people say here that I write depressed mail its annoying for them I am really surprised they are not depressed from pbec when their lc is pending for 4 years . I said 6 months back in this forum that nothing is going to be happen in pbec they siaid no come on something has to be happen .....
can any body tell me what has happen in pbec for last six months

My attroney sent two emails for case status every time he got back genric reply the situation is so worest that no body is able to get the case status from pbec at all no body knows how long one has to wait to get their LCdone and worest thing is no fifo is being followed in pbec at all people with pd june2002 got the approval but people heaving pd prior to june 2002 and even replied back one year back are just waiting

Another problem is there is a misunderstand that people who did not get 45 days letetr their cases are being processed while that is not true . THEY WILL NOT PROCESS YOUR CASES UNTILL THEY GET THE 45 DAYS LETTER BACK. IF THEY HAVE NOT ISSUED THE 45 DAYS LETTER SO IT MEANS NO BODY IS WORKING ON YOUR CASE.

If this is the situation what you guys except from me ............ should i tell a lie that everybody is getting approval ......... everything is green ........

Now what is the solution .............................

Solution is that we should do whatever we can

1-Joing hands with labordrags for law suit

2-Send letetrs to all the relevants authorities

3-Write letters to media CNN NY TIMES . W . POASTETC ETC

4-Stage a demenstartion in fornt of PBEC

5-Donate money for the lawsuit

Doing something is better then doing nothing . as mom also only give milk to baby once baby cry for it .

Please do not discuss retrogression and LC substitution here and do not discourage other people who are sending letters donating money for lawsuit .

PBEC IS THE AXISES OF EVIL NOT THE RETROGRESSION AND LC SUBSTITUTION ISSUE

Guys pls comment on this

Lawsuit is sensible

Hello Fastergcwanted,

I understand your concern why AILA is not taking up this issue however
organizations like AILA have to fight for a lot of immigration issues; PBEC may be low on their agenda. Influencing DOL thru AILA may not yield any results quickly where as a Lawsuit could be more effective even if we do not win it will bring to attention the real issues faced by thousands stuck in this mess.

Labordrags and others have a setup a basic system to participate/organize a lawsuit and encourage viewers of this forum to visit this thread and participate in the lawsuit.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202713&page=5&pp=15

It surely is one sensible way to tackle this mess.

cantstandit said:
I totally agree, the online status check is a must.

When I was discussing this with my friend, he told me he once worked for a company who contracted with the goverment. He tells me this is NOT the way the goverment works.

Every time a gov agency wants to implement something new, there must be a budget to fund that, then they contract someone to do it. Plus, most of the time, the initiative has to come from above, Congress, etc. It has to be on the yearly plan/budget, etc, etc.

In that example, I asked him, "why won't the DOL just ask the IT guy to post the info on the web, it's so simple !!", he goes, "there's NO IT guy sitting around. If they wanna post something on the web, they need to ask the contractor who maintains the website to do it, and the contractor will charge for it, therefore, there must be funding for it".

The thing is, we're soooo used to working here, where productivity is king and we have to do everything and quickly, but the goverment is a totally different animal, they don't follow the same concepts as the rest of the businesses.

Anybody working in goverment contracting, please share your opinion, I'm by no means expert on this.

I work for a company that haa 100% of its business with the Federal Government in DC, I meet with Gov clients all the time and what your friend is saying is absolutely true.

Things don't move within the gov unless there is an executive order or a law passed by congress with proper funding appropriated for the tasks. They cannot simply decide we want to spend money on an IT status check system without it being in the Statement of Work, to put it there, the Original SOW would need to be amended, funding secured and the contract probably would have to be re-bid for that work.

Regional Cases ONLY or SWA Cases as well??

lynne said:
DBEC have only approved regional cases. (Certainly more than 95% of their approvals anyway).

It has made them look good reaching priority dates up till spring 2004. Once these are done they have got to go back and take care of all the state cases dating back to at least 2000. Both RIR and TR routes. Still many thousands of aging cases who have waited the longest still to be looked at. I have no idea how this will affect retrogression but hope that the people in Washington will actually do something to help us all. If we do not have hope we have nothing.

DBEC is approving only regional cases?? Can anybody confirm? :confused:
Read this from DBEC forum....

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=172959&page=5

Canadian_Dream said:
EB-2 RIR Filed in Dec 2004 Certified by Dallas BEC. No 45 Day Letter. Never made it to the regional.