Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Restrogression is a good thing for PBEC victims

Don't you agree?
I do respect your opinion, but when I see somebody who applied GC in June 2005 and already having an EAD, while I and many 100 thousands of others are stuck in PHILLY bastards boxes, that make my blood boil.
What if they make everything current and then the visas are used up by the PERM guys and visa is retrogressed again. What if they start approving 485 based on 485 application date and not PD ? Don't you think that PBEC victims will become losers again?

In my opinion, the movement of cutoff date is very reasonable. In 4 months, they have moved the date by 2 years. I think by end of this year, they will move the date considerably so that all the BEC victims will be relived and PERM lottery winners will be patiently waiting in the queue after PEC candidates. That’s what it should have been to begin with.

I don't even want to start with the LC substitution candidates.

Think before you act. Don't shoot your own foot.. It might be that you are only making your pathetic lawyers rich, without having a solid gain of your ground. Don't run after mirage.

I do feel sorry about those victims, who filed in 2001/2002/2003, made it into 140/485 and now they are stuck due to retrogression.

<<just my opinion.. please disagree respectfully >>

StressTestInUSA said:
guys..

Immigrationvoice team r meeting in Washington DC today...this is a big step compared to just venting out in forums and sending faxes by hitting the 'send' button...

lets all give our full support to them....this is no time to say we r still in the BEC basket, they r in the 140 basket...

If not this year, next yr we too will jump into 140 basket.....After that is what..?? shud be realised by one and all in these forums...

Dont think I have a pending 140 or approved 140...?

If we dont ACT NOW our GC voyage will run into many years...February is kept aside for Comprehensive immigration bill. If our issues need to be heard next month, we cant group ourselves here... If FEBRUARY chance is gone, forget it, no one will even listen to our story that we have a certified LC..now what..??
when the time is allotted for immigration matters we shud talk at that time...If we fax letters later on and meet Senators later on, they will tell we will keep in mind and WHEN this issue comes we will support it etc..so dont depend for that WHEN..it will run into years and years...If you r ready for that dont even check these forums...things will happen when they shud..leave in the hands of anti-immigrants

If you have supported them, please I request you to post a message here that you have done so..so it will be motivating for others too..

If you guys have supported..PLEEAAZE post a message here that you have done..so it will be motivating for others as well..

hope to see good response after this posting.....!!

sk0902 said:
Don't you agree?
I do respect your opinion, but when I see somebody who applied GC in June 2005 and already having an EAD, while I and many 100 thousands of others are stuck in PHILLY bastards boxes, that make my blood boil.
What if they make everything current and then the visas are used up by the PERM guys and visa is retrogressed again. What if they start approving 485 based on 485 application date and not PD ? Don't you think that PBEC victims will become losers again?

In my opinion, the movement of cutoff date is very reasonable. In 4 months, they have moved the date by 2 years. I think by end of this year, they will move the date considerably so that all the BEC victims will be relived and PERM lottery winners will be patiently waiting in the queue after PEC candidates. That’s what it should have been to begin with.

Think before you act. Don't shoot your own foot.. It might be that you are only making your pathetic lawyers rich, without having a solid gain of your ground. Don't run after mirage.

I do feel sorry about those victims, who filed in 2001/2002/2003, made it into 140/485 and now they are stuck due to retrogression.

yea..

it is the most unfortunate thing to happen to fall in the Philly BEC..but the struggle is only for an EAD...EAD dosent count towards the visa limits I guess..The actual GC will go according to the PD and visa limits...

but until that stage we r not frozen to death...now someone got thru PERM and ahead of us in EAD will be only for a year or so...

If we have to wait until the PD gets current for an EAD forget it...
Dont forget about April01 amnesty if u r in the PD que...that will be a bigger hurdle to jump more than PBEC blackhole...Even we can file thru PERM and not care about the damn PD and get an EAD if this fight comes thru...Personally I really wudnt care for the PD with an EAD and freedom to change jobs and spouse able to work even if we get the card late

Unless something like this turns up..otherwise it will be true misery to us..
iv.org r in that situation so they r fighting for it..in a year or yr and half we will be in the stage..

Just because they r benefitting before us for which they r fighting for themselves will make us also the losers big time in the long run if we dont support them.. let them benefit...they r fighting for it, someone has to start it...if they keep quiet now...in a yr or 2 you will start it...Please think in those terms..

Our vision has to broaden in terms of years for labor..140 and 485 stage..It will be no more few months for any stages...

It reminds me of stories of battle between cousins for ancestral property..
'It dosent matter our herd of cattle dosent come home..but our cousins herd shudnt come home..' :)

the actual guys for labor of the 300k cases might be only 200k..what about consutling companies just filing labors just to keep PD and make money out of them...so many guys change job and file another LC from another company...just duplicating many labors..All this is not in our control..excepting for venting out...

Hardly 5% might not want to continue with the labor after 45 day letters r issued...nothing can ne controlled at PBEC by the lawmakers..unless they r given more funds, more staff...which will not be debated in capitol hill...

but what iv.org is fighting is something to that can be done only at captiol hill by lawmakers..

Earlier You Get Rid From This Mess Betetr It Is

Guys

If Your Labor Is Approved Reagrdless Of Your Pd You Can File I-140 And You Can Get Your Extension Of Your H1b1 For Three Years Instead Of One Years So You Dont Have To Go For Visa Stampimg Morever You Will Not Have To Pay A Lot Of Money To The Lawyer Every Time You Have H1b1 Extension

If My Lc And I-140 Is Approved I Have At Least Peace Of Mind That I Have Already Done With Two Stages Of This Green Card

Guys All I Am Trying To Say Is The More Satges You Go Through Asap You Will Be A Lot Of Peace Of Mind

One Thing We Should Protest That Dallas Is Far Ahead Then Pa

Moreever There Is Not Creteria To Get The Cases Approved At Pbec

My Employer has sent an email to BPEC on Thursdayabout my case status but we have not received any reply

Pls Comments On This

Tanveer

Last edited by a moderator:
Tanveer,

Thanks for your participation in this forum and useful insights. A friendly request - Can you please write without having a capital first letter on every word? It makes it easier to read. Thanks and keep us posted on your valuable view points.

tanveer666 said:
Guys

If Your Labor Is Approved Reagrdless Of Your Pd You Can File I-140 And You Can Get Your Extension Of Your H1b1 For Three Years Instead Of One Years So You Dont Have To Go For Visa Stampimg Morever You Will Not Have To Pay A Lot Of Money To The Lawyer Every Time You Have H1b1 Extension

If My Lc And I-140 Is Approved I Have At Least Peace Of Mind That I Have Already Done With Two Stages Of This Green Card

Guys All I Am Trying To Say Is The More Satges You Go Through Asap You Will Be A Lot Of Peace Of Mind

One Thing We Should Protest That Dallas Is Far Ahead Then Pa

Moreever There Is Not Creteria To Get The Cases Approved At Pbec

My Employer has sent an email to BPEC on Thursdayabout my case status but we have not received any reply

Pls Comments On This

Tanveer

Tanveer :
At thus point of time they r not replying to status after the 45 day letter has been recieved by them. We r getting replies only for the 7thyr extnsion details..with the 'T' or the 'P' ETA number..

After few days they might say only the employer or attorney shud send emails..who knows what rules they can make ahead..

you have just replied your 45 day letter on Nov 15th...people r waiting here since FEb 05 with 45 day letter....what can we say about them..??

Maybe by Spring something good shud happen with all of us..in these matters we only have to live with 'hope'..

Thks a lot for your kind reply

street test in u s a

Thks a lot for your kind reply . i have one request to every body i know that I-140/485 will be another pain but try to get rid from this pain asap

I will be celeberating my 4th years annuiversery of my lc on june20th 2006
as my pd is june 20, 2002

Can any body guess where will be Visa date for pakistanies citizen In next three months for eb3 right now its april 22, 2001

Pls every body should write their detail of lc so i can make one excel tracker

Tanveer

Please co operate guys

Guys Please post ONLY approval information here. There is another discussion group available for discussing these kind of issues.
Thanks

Wait and more wait is the keyword

Tanveer,
I beleive you joined this forum very recently. The retrogression dates are not expected to move fast at all. It is especially true for the EB3 dates, cos that category is the one that seems to be the hardest hit by 245(i) applicants.
It is popular belief that the retrogressed dates will move at a very slow pace and maybe around for as long as 2 years or longer at least.

Now you might ask what is 245(i)?
This was a law passed in April 2001, when ppl who were out of status were allowed to file an LC after paying some fines and come back in status. It is also popularly beleived that there are as many as 300,000 applications which were filed taking advantage of that law.

Now, there is no science in any of this business.
Everything starting from Backlog Centers to visa cutoff dates are arbitrary at best, judging from where I am sitting.
Anyways, please dont panic, and educate yourself on all the issues, that will help you make educated decisions.
Also support immigrationvoice.com and contribute if you feel dearly about these issues.
frog
tanveer666 said:
street test in u s a

Thks a lot for your kind reply . i have one request to every body i know that I-140/485 will be another pain but try to get rid from this pain asap

I will be celeberating my 4th years annuiversery of my lc on june20th 2006
as my pd is june 20, 2002

Can any body guess where will be Visa date for pakistanies citizen In next three months for eb3 right now its april 22, 2001

Pls every body should write their detail of lc so i can make one excel tracker

Tanveer

Yes, Retrogression is a good thing!

I completely agree with sk0902. If retrogression goes away it will mean that people who filed in 2003 or 2004 and their cases went to Dallas or those are filing now in perm will get to file their 485 and get EAD within months. Why should people who are filing labor now get their EAD while there are thousands like us who have been waiting for labor to clear for several years. The priority dates are moving at the right pace. They are in step with the labor clearance trend.

Simple logic: the earliest labor clearance should be able to file for next stage and not others. Its only fair that everyone has to wait the same amount of time.

As for labor substitutions, I have seen people lose money and I have seen people get GC in a year. So ... open question...
sk0902 said:
Don't you agree?

Hi,

Please, I need help from you experts for checking the case status in PBEC.

I have seen several times in this forum folks saying right now the only way
to check the case status in PBEC is thru one's lawyer or employer. Could
anyone please give some details and explain how? I have asked my employer
and lawyer to call PBEC and every time they could not get any information.
Please help.

My case is EB2/TR with PD from mid-2001. Recruitment was done in 2003 and
was in regional DOL before moved to PBEC. Got 45-day letter early 2005 and
replied immediately. Found out my case was mistakenly CLOSED from email
screenshot in Summer 2005. My lawyer and employer sent letters requesting
this to be corrected. No status update after that as screenshot email had
stopped providing status since.

As you can see here, my case had this problem last year and I desperately
need to find out the current status now. My lawyer told me we did respond
to everything in timely fashion and we had never had any issue for my case
before seeing that email screenshot.

PLEASE HELP. Thank you very much in advance for any possible help.

LC_1
danfan8@email.com

eefrog ...

Is it 2 yrs for EB3 to move... :(

my PD with 2002 Dec is a gone case I guess..need to wait another 3 yrs to file 485...till then holding on to these jobs...feeding lawyers, INS with $$ for extensions...

unimaginable and unthinkable....

I dont know people are still debating about supporting immigrationvoice.org...

We need EAD's to move about..now we cant sit and break our head why did our files not goto Dallas instead of Philly...If we have the ability to file 485..getting out of PBEC is the only headache right, otherwise getting out of retrogression will be the next monster in front of us ...

People here are more about what others shud NOT get BEFORE us, instead we support for the fight..only thing is we will next in the line...issuing cards will be by the PD only...Cant imagine how they can see retrogression as a 'nice thing'...probably they can't see beyond LC certification..and maybe have too secure jobs

We can do nothing cos we are the chosen ones by fate that our files went to PBEC...its not in our control..

LC certification is not the end of our woes...!! What do we do with a certifed LC...can might as well make it a yearly calendar and hang it on the wall..keep adding year after year to the same sheet..

People r just ignoring the importance of FEBRUARY is all about THE COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM and iv.org efforts r for next month..

god only can save us...

Yes, help others and someone mught help you too

Well thats the whole point
You guys seem to take all these dates and numbers that get thrown around too literally.
Its all a guessing game guys, and your guess is as good as mine. For all I know it could be months before PDs become current or it could be years before they move an inch. Point is: No one knows. No one............ period.
Now, I do agree with your last set of remarks, ppl here seem to have gotten stuck in a vicious circle of wishing the whole world hell just cos they are "suffering". I think it just reflects on the character, how ppl behave under stress.
We should help in any way we can, if its for this step or that. It maybe too late for us to help in getting retrogression fixed if we are waiting for getting LC approved before helping.
Before calling me any names be warned that I am also stuck in PBEC with a PD of Oct. 2003.
frog
StressTestInUSA said:
eefrog ...

Is it 2 yrs for EB3 to move... :(

my PD with 2002 Dec is a gone case I guess..need to wait another 3 yrs to file 485...till then holding on to these jobs...feeding lawyers, INS with $$ for extensions...

unimaginable and unthinkable....

I dont know people are still debating about supporting immigrationvoice.org...

We need EAD's to move about..now we cant sit and break our head why did our files not goto Dallas instead of Philly...If we have the ability to file 485..getting out of PBEC is the only headache right, otherwise getting out of retrogression will be the next monster in front of us ...

People here are more about what others shud NOT get before us, instead we support for the fight..only thing is we will next in the line...issuing cards will be by the PD only...Cant imagine how they can see retrogression as a 'nice thing'...probably they can't see beyond LC certification..and maybe have too secure jobs

We can do nothing cos we are the chosen ones by fate that our files went to PBEC...its not in our control..

LC certification is not the end of our woes...!!

I agree !!
Please do only approval from PBEC because you disturb us and spend our time here.

BS,

can i qualify for eb2-Great Grue Please Help

My lc was filed with the job requirement of bech degree + 2 years experience

I had 5 years experience at that time

Since if u have beachler degree + five years experience u qualify for eb2

My question is if my labor is arroved in which the job requirement was beachler + two yaers degree since i have now bechler+ 8 years experience can i file under eb2 rather then eb3 . even though my lc will be approved under eb2 and also my attroney told me if we amend the lc we have to start all over again and we will loose our pd as well

Pls reply

Tanveer

2002calabor said:
Simple logic: the earliest labor clearance should be able to file for next stage and not others. Its only fair that everyone has to wait the same amount of time.

I don't agree with that kind of thinking at all. There is injustice, unfairness and plain bad luck in the world. Wishing bad luck on others just because you suffered it is... I don't know, all kinds of pejoratives come to mind.

It is strange how the world works. When I started fighting for S.1932, my nickname, stucklabor, was still valid. People here were laughing at me, saying that my efforts were going to benefit someone else. Well, the last laugh was on them - my LC was cleared in Dec last year.

I have always thought of that as a reward for doing the right thing and fighting for a just cause that would also benefit me in the long run, maybe not immediately.

stucklabor said:
I don't agree with that kind of thinking at all. There is injustice, unfairness and plain bad luck in the world. Wishing bad luck on others just because you suffered it is... I don't know, all kinds of pejoratives come to mind.

It is strange how the world works. When I started fighting for S.1932, my nickname, stucklabor, was still valid. People here were laughing at me, saying that my efforts were going to benefit someone else. Well, the last laugh was on them - my LC was cleared in Dec last year.

I have always thought of that as a reward for doing the right thing and fighting for a just cause that would also benefit me in the long run, maybe not immediately.

Well said...if that is the case, we r all supporting iv.org efforts with my PD as Dec2002..I very well know all guys ahead of us in 2001 and 2002 will benefit from this while getting the Card..that is very fair, but EAD will be got a little ahead..a little later..in this lottery of PBEC clearing our Labors at random...going in FIFO by PBEC we cant really expect the way things r happening..

All kinds of people make mother earth...!!

its just that people can only see the negative side of things...and dont want things to happen in a positive way...

might as well ignore such posts..!!

You are missing the point

This isn't about wishing bad luck on others. This isn't about the cousin's cattle like someone else said.

This is about fair process. Would you much rather eliminate retrogression so that people who are filing PERM today can use up the quota even before you can get labor approved?

Let me quote what I supported
sk0902 said:

My point is that if the retrogression is completely lifted and dates start moving forward PBEC cases will be the biggest losers!! All the labor cases that have been cleared by DBEC/PERM will be able to file 485 while all of us will still be sitting here. 485 dates should move in sync with labor dates. The process should move at the same pace for all applicants.

stucklabor said:

First come out of PBEC shi* then think of retrogession

I completely agree with 2002calabor and sk0902.
There is no point of supporting anything except getting out of this PBEC shi*.
Retrogation is in fact a blessing for the PBEC victims and it has been noticed some of the people/org is trying to use this retrogession agenda for their own benefit.It does not really make sense to see us on this trail when others (Perm and DBEC approved owners) would be filing the I-485.
And if people try to refer this as selfishness then yes, that what it is .
immigrationvoice.org will be only supported if PBEC issue would be the only agenda as far as we are concerned.

Exactly!!

Exactly my point! Lifting retrogression means visa numbers will get used up by PERM applicants while I am waiting here. Is filing for I-140 and I-485 with a pending labor part of immigrationvoice agenda? Is getting labor backlog cleared part of the agenda? If immigrationvoice volunteers can tell us what the plan for getting EAD's for ppl stuck in PBEC is I would like to hear about it.

WAIT_N_4GC said:
I completely agree with 2002calabor and sk0902.
There is no point of supporting anything except getting out of this PBEC shi*.
Retrogation is in fact a blessing for the PBEC victims and it has been noticed some of the people/org is trying to use this retrogession agenda for their own benefit.It does not really make sense to see us on this trail when others (Perm and DBEC approved owners) would be filing the I-485.
And if people try to refer this as selfishness then yes, that what it is .
immigrationvoice.org will be only supported if PBEC issue would be the only agenda as far as we are concerned.