Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Getting information

Hello all,

Today I contacted an attorney that specializes in FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) to see if we can get at least general information of the pending cases at the BPCs.

As soon as I get a response from him I will share with the group.

Thanks
JW

Hi All, I need urgent Help

I have worked for company A from 2000 to 2003 and applied for GC from New York Feb 2002 in RIR EB2. Since this was not going anywhere.. I moved to employer B in Boston(Aug 2003) and got labor and 140 but the priority date is in Aug 2003 and it is in EB3 and I am stuck here forever now.

So I am thinking of moving back to Employer A because of the better priority date, but I am entering my 7 th year by end of this Feb 2006. I have a valid visa and stamp, I-94 till July 2006 from my current employer B.

Now what are my options to move back to employer A..

1)Can I apply for 7th year extention from company A?

2)Do I have to change to employer A before 7th year enters and apply for Extention of 1 year immediately or I can transfer to company A till July 2006(thats when my current H1-B, I-94 expires with employer B)?

3)Can I continue.. with the current employer B and apply for 140 and 485 through employer A(as a future applicant, even though I was working for them at the time of LC application)?

bostongc2003 said:
I have worked for company A from 2000 to 2003 and applied for GC from New York Feb 2002 in RIR EB2. Since this was not going anywhere.. I moved to employer B in Boston(Aug 2003) and got labor and 140 but the priority date is in Aug 2003 and it is in EB3 and I am stuck here forever now.

So I am thinking of moving back to Employer A because of the better priority date, but I am entering my 7 th year by end of this Feb 2006. I have a valid visa and stamp, I-94 till July 2006 from my current employer B.

2)Do I have to change to employer A before 7th year enters and apply for Extention of 1 year immediately or I can transfer to company A till July 2006(thats when my current H1-B, I-94 expires with employer B)?

3)Can I continue.. with the current employer B and apply for 140 and 485 through employer A(as a future applicant, even though I was working for them at the time of LC application)?

2002 Feb EB2 is very valuable in terms of retrogression...

try for a sceenshot with NY details and I think it is possible to join back that company...but please check for yourself in the 129 form if they r asking for if any approved or pending 140(donot know the exact term)..?

u shud be getting that 45day letter too for the NY one soon...

seriously try out for this option..it is a good PD that too eb2..

good luck

Yes. I got a 45 day letter in oct and replied. 'T' number converted to P number .The screen shot I got yesterday and I am still waiting for the approval. I don't know why in some cases, these fields are filled and in some like ours, they are blank.

bostongc2003 said:
Hi RJ_NJ2002, those details are not filled in my case as well.. Did you get your 45 day letter or approval??

Your T converted to P after you replied 45 days letter? Or it converted to P when they are ready to send a 45 days letter?

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Yes. I got a 45 day letter in oct and replied. 'T' number converted to P number .The screen shot I got yesterday and I am still waiting for the approval. I don't know why in some cases, these fields are filled and in some like ours, they are blank.

nohope_for_lc said:
Your T converted to P after you replied 45 days letter? Or it converted to P when they are ready to send a 45 days letter?

It becomes a P after they send in a 45 day letter is bein issued ..and guess maybe 45 day letters are issued as a bunch ...some analysis..how PBEC is operating....

if is a T for sure no 45 day letter in the horizon..

wish there was a case status..after we reply 45 day letter..what is happening..?
then we cross fingers and wait

I keep getting T in my screen shot. Wondering when it will be P and I can expect at least 45 days letter -- first step of LC approval.

StressTestInUSA said:
It becomes a P after they send in a 45 day letter is bein issued ..and guess maybe 45 day letters are issued as a bunch ...some analysis..how PBEC is operating....

if is a T for sure no 45 day letter in the horizon..

wish there was a case status..after we reply 45 day letter..what is happening..?
then we cross fingers and wait

Response from PBEC

Recently I have submitted an email to PBEC to get 7th year extension screen shot, in reply to that they sent only ETA number !!!

Is this what other people are experiencing? I know they have removed case status from the screen shot and it looks like that now they have removed all the other information except the ETA number.

Amit
TX/RIR/EB2/Regional
PD – 05/02/2003

nohope_for_lc said:
I keep getting T in my screen shot. Wondering when it will be P and I can expect at least 45 days letter -- first step of LC approval.

trust me the 45 day letter is a puny little milestone in this voyage...
dont get stressed out cos of that....u will get it eventually..give yourself another 4months for this..u know ..just mentally perparing ourselves

If at all there has to be a trait for being bad luck..it is all of us who fell in PBEC center... hope it leaves us after this stage...

DBECs r talking about Jan 04 cases...

Anyways..retrogression is there in front of us..so LC certified is...not that we can run to Service centers to file 485...

bostongc2003 said:

- If you are from a retrogressed country you should go employer A
- You would need a H1 transfer to A and then get an extension six monts before expiry of H1. It is safer to get a transfer done before 7th year starts. File for premium processing so you can finish of all this before entering 7th year.

- Continuing with current employer and filing for I-140 fromA may be dicey. At times they ask for pay stubs from your current employer.

Explore these with a good lawyer .

Good Luck

bostongc2003 said:

Since you say you have 140 approved from B and the difference in Eb2 is not much compared between A & B I will advise ou stay put with CompanyB

Any day approved one is better than others _ I maen i140

Just for priority date you shuld not start with a new I140 - There are delays everywhere plus I140 aproval depends on your employer ability to pay. donlt know how good they are

Eb2 retrogession of 1.5 years is not a Big deal I will say comparing with !140 approved

Think quietly and decide. Donlt make decision quickly ( going from your post - Urgent Help needed- looks like you are in a Hurry. Take a week to decide. talk to friends and your wife and finally an Attorney)

saknia said:
Since you say you have 140 approved from B and the difference in Eb2 is not much compared between A & B I will advise ou stay put with CompanyB

Any day approved one is better than others _ I maen i140

Just for priority date you shuld not start with a new I140 - There are delays everywhere plus I140 aproval depends on your employer ability to pay. donlt know how good they are

Eb2 retrogession of 1.5 years is not a Big deal I will say comparing with !140 approved

Think quietly and decide. Donlt make decision quickly ( going from your post - Urgent Help needed- looks like you are in a Hurry. Take a week to decide. talk to friends and your wife and finally an Attorney)

SAknia..

there is a diff between FEB EB2 2002 and Aug 2003 EB3...All these days there was a difference between eb2 and eb3 for 6 months ..but now we need to keep in mind April2001 hump for EB3...

Maybe..when the 2002 45 day letter comes..ask them to go ahead..when it is approved and ready for for 140 stage ..there is plenty of time....many things can happen by then(being positive to for some releif...thats the hope we can move on with our life these days..)

unless thie 2002 guys insist to come back now..and emotional balckmail stuff..

www.immigrationvoice.org

Everyone,
Please take a few minutes and visit <www.immigrationvoice.org>. People like you and me are doing some phenomenal things to end Employment Based Visa Retrogression.

Some core members are meeting in Washington D.C. over the next two days to discuss some key strategies in an attempt to find a legislative and administrative solution to the retrogression issue. Details can be obtained from the aforementioned website.

All they are asking is your contribution and support. After all if they succeed in their efforts, we all will reap the benefits of their "labor" and the future sailing will be smooth.

Good luck.

StressTestInUSA said:
2002 Feb EB2 is very valuable in terms of retrogression...

try for a sceenshot with NY details and I think it is possible to join back that company...but please check for yourself in the 129 form if they r asking for if any approved or pending 140(donot know the exact term)..?

u shud be getting that 45day letter too for the NY one soon...

seriously try out for this option..it is a good PD that too eb2..

good luck

StressTestInUSA, what should I check in 129 form? Do I have that with me and why would they ask about 140 stuff in form 129? please let me know few details..

thanks

StressTestInUSA said:
SAknia..

there is a diff between FEB EB2 2002 and Aug 2003 EB3...All these days there was a difference between eb2 and eb3 for 6 months ..but now we need to keep in mind April2001 hump for EB3...

Maybe..when the 2002 45 day letter comes..ask them to go ahead..when it is approved and ready for for 140 stage ..there is plenty of time....many things can happen by then(being positive to for some releif...thats the hope we can move on with our life these days..)

unless thie 2002 guys insist to come back now..and emotional balckmail stuff..

Hi StressTestInUSA, 2002 guys are cool and they dont force me, I can go when ever I want.. But my main worry is if there would be any problems going to back to them after entering the 7th year extention period.. Please let me know..

thanks

JustWatching said:
Hello all,

Today I contacted an attorney that specializes in FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) to see if we can get at least general information of the pending cases at the BPCs.

As soon as I get a response from him I will share with the group.

Thanks
JW

hi JW, I did some research on that too months ago ... a friend of mine (lawyer from Harvard) told me that the FOIA can be used to force them to give info on YOUR case only, not general info like, how many cases have been processed, how many analysts, what the procedure is, FIFO, etc.

let us know if you get a different opinion. I've also looked into something called "writ of mandamus", which forces a government agency to work on your case ... search for "mandamus 485" on the boards, and you'll see that several people have filed lawsuits against the FBI/UCIS and have been successful ... my friend thinks we don't have a case against the PBEC to file that though ... :(

StressTestInUSA said:
SAknia..

unless the 2002 guys insist to come back now..and emotional balckmail stuff..

Hi Guys

I will believe in what I have in hand approved than somethoing which will get approved in say X no of days ( even if that X date is next week). This my experience now after going through PBEC mess and Visa retrogession.

If I am you I will use the I140 which is cleared. nowadays they ask lot of questions at 140 stage (even like payslip from say 2002 might be asked if you go for previous one )

This is my view.You could decide on considering other factors and advise

Act accordingly please

bostongc2003 said:
Hi StressTestInUSA, 2002 guys are cool and they dont force me, I can go when ever I want.. But my main worry is if there would be any problems going to back to them after entering the 7th year extention period.. Please let me know..

thanks

company A filed LC in 2002
compnay B filed LC in 2003 : extedned for 7th yr
left company B..
company C filed H1 extn/trnsfr using penidn LC from compnay B

recvd 45 day letter for company A, that is another story,this company A is acquired/bought over by new company...When I asked before joining compnay C..they said no etc...now after joining C..Company A is ready will go ahead with replying 45 day letter and I shud join back company A...

The new company is an American company..no thing about GC process etc..so I was doubting if they will be ready to give in documents supporting my 45 day letter without me joining them...but now, since they r ready to do the paperwork I am considering joining back Comapny A(new guy/new name etc) seeing the retrogression stuff...

You shud not have problem to join them back..ask them go ahead with 45 day letter..you can see when it gets approved..then think of 140 stage..dont rush now..u already have a 140 approved..u have plenty of time for the 45 day letter/approval....enjoy yout life for the moment...

we r just wasting our precious life for all this shit....we dont even realise kids growing right in front of our eyes...!!

RIR from VA with EB2

Guys

I have replied to my 45 day letter in May last year. My lawyer had asked to update the company name. Yesterday I got a mail from PBEC as a reply to my request for 7th year proof they still have not updated my company name. My PD is June 4, 2002. I heard people have started getting there approval. What happened to mine? Can you gurus tell me how long will it take for me to get my Labour certification?? I am frustrated and thiking of jumping jobs and letting go of this stupid LC,...

leo